Luigi is actually in Genshin Impact

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ - GRID!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Chirei

Re: WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ - THREAD!

Post by Chirei »

comfy nap
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Post by camwoodstock »

raocow mentioning dong dong never die feels forbidden and maybe alien

&: TOILET!
Crygor Pissing

crygor is a very funny character. he's apparently a cyborg and he just. Did that to him himself. his theme is also kind of the secondary motif of the warioware franchise, which is extremely funny as crygor is also just, One of Wario's Friends, he doesn't get any preferential treatment like mona/jimmy t. do. also his stage just. is littered with Wario Land 4 references in its soundtrack. you even hear a bit of Hurry Up! at that epilogue there. and in the debut of the character... his stage is about using the bathroom when he literally has NOTHING TO DO WITH BATHROOMS in future games.

what a guy, that crygor. what a guy.

&: Something also real!
&: That's a joke about how everything I've been discussing is something obscure. Though y'know, I also exist, but that feels a little banal of a statement.

&: Did you know that currently, the original WarioWare, Inc. website is still online? Well... Not the Nintendo of America one, but the Nintendo of Japan one. For some reason, a lot of the websites for first-party Nintendo games circa the N64-GBA era survive, buried online, and WarioWare, Inc. was no exception. Take a look!

&: It's... Obviously all in Japanese, so we can't make heads or tails of it, unfortunately. Someone more inclined in reading Japanese would definitely be very helpful here. But it even includes, apparently, little character bios, which we think are written from the character's perspectives? We'd love to one day see this all get translated, it's such a relic of the early 2000s internet. We'd probably make the masterpost look like this if BBCode was robust enough. That is a threat and a darling promise!
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
EllenHouraisan
Let your heart speak up
Pronouns: she/her

Post by EllenHouraisan »

I feel Crygor and Wario looked at each other once and immediately knew they were soul brothers.

This game is kinda like a Rorschach test in a way. It's fun seeing what games different people figure out right away, and which ones they struggle with. I knew what to do in the cat one right away, but couldn't for the life of me figure out the matador one until I looked at the grid. The cymbal one stumped us both, though. XD
:trans_pride: :bi_pride:
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

"get ready to venture into the world of the PS3"

ahem

CRYGOR HAS NO GAMES LMAO

Ah, "output error", i get it.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
KobaBeach
plz rate 5 stars for more epic Sonic amvs!!!!!!!!!
First name: David, the Bloodstained
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

camwoodstock wrote: 7 months ago But it even includes, apparently, little character bios, which we think are written from the character's perspectives? We'd love to one day see this all get translated, it's such a relic of the early 2000s internet.
d.

do you want me to?? i'm actually semi aware of the availability of old nintendo game sites in The Year Of Our Luigi 2023 because i've been to the sutte hakkun one numerous times, and maybe panel de pon or fire emblem thracia? not sure. maybe a kirby one
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
if you have tusks or fangs and are a man, you're queer coded
J. J. W. Mezun

Post by J. J. W. Mezun »

TiKi wrote: 7 months ago why do you talk all piratey? like, no shade, just wondering
’Cause I am a pirate. I have ne’er revealed this before, but now is the time to finally show my true form:
I always loved how the boss to the "realism" level involves a giant metal face in space defending the earth from giant pebbles being shot @ it by a giant interstellar vase – a Henry James story if I’ve e’er read 1.

& “Cymbalism” is the 2nd hardest microgame in this game & was also the bane o’ my existence when trying to 100% this game, as the timing on the rabbit heads is very tight & not obvious @ all.
Wenn alle stehen bleiben und anstarren
und sagen, <¿Warum musst du so sein?>,
schaue ich ihnen einfach in die Augen
und sage ihnen, dass ich von Fledermäusen aufgezogen wurde.
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

KobaBeach wrote: 7 months ago
camwoodstock wrote: 7 months ago But it even includes, apparently, little character bios, which we think are written from the character's perspectives? We'd love to one day see this all get translated, it's such a relic of the early 2000s internet.
d.

do you want me to?? i'm actually semi aware of the availability of old nintendo game sites in The Year Of Our Luigi 2023 because i've been to the sutte hakkun one numerous times, and maybe panel de pon or fire emblem thracia? not sure. maybe a kirby one
&: It feels like a lot of effort, given how many sub-pages there are, but we'd be interested if you'd be down to undertake that effort? :O
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
KobaBeach
plz rate 5 stars for more epic Sonic amvs!!!!!!!!!
First name: David, the Bloodstained
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

I think Crygor's my favorite so far.

Very much a fan of raocow being even more blatant with his cop-hating, I say as a fan of Kochikame and the tengu bitch (Hogen) from Housamo. I'd say raocow x Mona 4 life but I don't think we've collectively recovered from rAOD yet. Mona is super cool though, I love the entire cast so far, I'd gladly be a part of their friend circle/gamedev sweatshop.
camwoodstock wrote: 7 months ago &: It feels like a lot of effort, given how many sub-pages there are, but we'd be interested if you'd be down to undertake that effort? :O
I might try on and off but I'm not guaranteeing anything, I'm not 100% fluent, far from it, but I do have 10ten (formerly Rikaichamp) and Denshi Jisho at my disposal and I do know some basics of Japanese from fucking around with JRPGs and Japanese romhacks. I'd also need feedback to make sure it's accurate to the character's speech patterns so the English is properly localized and canon-faithful, as it were.

damn now i reminded myself of that one gay male hrothgar bitch who made the later versions of hrBody for FF14 and keeps bragging on abt how canon-accurate his mods are while also being weirdly transphobic iirc... im still using his mods to make my roegadyn horny on my end tho
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
if you have tusks or fangs and are a man, you're queer coded
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Only you, raocow, would continuously choose "Failure" instead of "Success" solely because it's a different color. :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
AweStriker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by AweStriker »

Lemon!

IQ is my favorite set, and also contains my favorite boss game (in this game; my favorite boss game in the series did not leave Smooth Moves). I had Party Game$, though never the original GBA game, so it's always been a little strange to me that the music between microgames seems to change a little bit after a speed up.
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

GRAAAAAAAHHH!

ALIENS!
orbulon is an extremely funny character because he really just takes the entire format of warioware--the fact these games are, by their nature, EXTREMELY fast-paced--and just. tosses it aside. Stop Going So Fast. Solve His Riddle. Now. Please? (except for Smooth Moves, but that's also very funny for a different reason.) the result is a guy whose microgames feel very. ahem. Alien. teehee! compared to the others in the game, because they basically all are much slower but require much more attention, which is like... generally the opposite of warioware, because you go fast and go basically entirely off Vibes to do the puzzles.

also yea, the color being different was kinda tricky when the correct option wasn't ALSO given its own color.

also, tall lanky orbulon > skrunkly tiny orbulon, THAT'S RIGHT, WE SAID IT.

&: Rabbits!
&: Did you know rabbits are always in space? But only if they want to be, of course. That is my segue, and I am sticking to it.

&: Anyways, the actual thing. This one's a little bit less obscure, but basically, those space rabbits seem to be very beloved over at Nintendo, especially the team that works on WarioWare. Why do we say that? Well... When it came time for them to work on Rhythm Tengoku, it seems that the artists just couldn't let those guys go.

&: Yep, the Space Hares/Space Rabbits/Alien Bunnies/"These guys have a lot of different names!" got to cameo in Rhythm Heaven! And, incidentally, this wasn't their only appearance in that series. In fact, they appear in every Rhythm Heaven game to date! Spoiler tagging just because of a lot of images.
&: On Rhythm Heaven (DS), they appear ever so faintly on the moon during Remix 2, as well as during Remix 9's results image if you get a Superb.

&: Then, in Rhythm Heaven Fever, they appear in Working Dough 2 as a background element, an in the epilogue image if you get an OK or a Superb.

&: You might notice I don't have an image for Megamix... And that's because I tricked you! That image above was the Working Dough 2 appearance in Megamix, because that was one of the returning games! And to be thorough...

&: If you clear a stage on the Rhythm Tengoku Arcade machine, guess who you can see? Yep! It's the Space Rabbits!
&: Listen, we get it. Sometimes you design a critter, and it's just perfect, and you need more people to see it. But it's so funny to see how the Alien Rabbits, of all characters, became the biggest link between WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven until that whole crossover in Megamix.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

the moon rabbits dancing out of sync after regaining a life still drives me nuts every time
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
EllenHouraisan
Let your heart speak up

Post by EllenHouraisan »

So is the boss different in Japanese? I imagine it could be trickier if you have to differentiate between similar kanji or something.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

SMCslevelengine wrote: 7 months ago now that I'm looking back at this game I wonder what wario is supposed to be doing while hanging out with a pair of 5 year olds
i always read it as wario being so cheap that he has to resort to hiring 5-year-olds (who would be payable in strawberry candies and cough drops)
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

huh? oh. we were watching mario buys weed (18+) for today's festivities. something something "joke about the nature theme and how weed is a plant, or whatever"

&: SMOKE BOMB!
kat & ana are... so strange in this game. in this game specifically, there is a LOT of emphasis on the atmosphere and Vibes here, as raocow mentions. with the only diversions to this being the sudden re-appearance of wario's starter microgames, which in comparision, feel VERY baffling to see, since basically none of wario's games even make sense thematically.

...meanwhile, us, coming in from smooth moves and DIY/DIY showcase, had the surprise of basically the polar opposite feeling, because uh. "spoilers" for future games (as much as you can spoil wariowares)!

later games DO NOT GIVE THEM AS MUCH ATMOSPHERE, they are usually played a lot more comically than this, generally because kat & ana, it turns out, are like. literal kindergarteners*, so they usually get up to much lower-stakes adventures than this in future games. y'know, instead of THE SKELETON.

ahem. aside from that, though, yeah, kat & ana are basically nintendo just brazenly Not Bothering with "localization" whatsoever in this game beyond like, revision differences in gameplay, and a few odd microgames. is it because they're ninjas, so they just get a pass to have their entire intermittent cutscenes be in nothing but japanese? the world may never know.

* also yeah, we did kind of forget them when we said "there's at least 3 minors in wario's friendgroup" because OOPS there's these 2! oops!

&: Hi!
&: raocow has officially seen all the characters this game has to offer. There's nothing left to spoil in this game itself. We may now show, in their fullest glory... The Mega Party Games cutscenes.

&: For context: Mega Party Games was, as we mentioned, a GameCube game made based on this game, which used microgames in a party game setting. It was made in 6 months. It does not have a particularly strong focus on "story" whatsoever. They still gave it story cutscenes, for whatever reason, in a peak of "There's no plot, but still an attempt to give it a story." What resulted was... We honestly don't know how to describe it. It's hilarious, both for intended reasons and entirely unintentional reasons. Objectively speaking, these are terrible... But we're in love.

&: ...Also, we've been thinking of Crygor getting launched off the toilet and his only animation is a subtle rotation effect this entire thread, and we haven't been able to say anything. This one's not that obscure, but this one's for us.
TiKi wrote: 7 months ago
SMCslevelengine wrote: 7 months ago now that I'm looking back at this game I wonder what wario is supposed to be doing while hanging out with a pair of 5 year olds
i always read it as wario being so cheap that he has to resort to hiring 5-year-olds (who would be payable in strawberry candies and cough drops)
&: See, we always just assumed Mona was like, a babysitter of sorts to Kat & Ana and 9-Volt, so when Wario was like "Okay, one of my friends is a college-adjacent-aged woman, which is fairly young compared to everyone else," he just got way more than he bargained for. Now he's like their weird uncle.
EllenHouraisan
Let your heart speak up

Post by EllenHouraisan »

I'm a terrible weeb and this is my favorite stage in the game.
AweStriker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by AweStriker »

Slice!

So yeah, the Wario games are mixed into the Nature set here for... exactly the same reason they were back in Sci-Fi: to make the stage long enough to sync up with the background music.

Incidentally, Nature's boss microgame here is my least favorite of the ones in this game... maybe because it's not especially on-theme, since a cartoon frog hopping through the clouds seems pretty removed from nature? maybe because the background music actually manages to be irritating somewhow? both? I've never been sure.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

today in demo's pathfinder campaign: wario becomes a force of nature

presumably one of wind
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

"I'm learning so much about myself, and Star Trek." There's a quote to keep in mind for the Mosts.

There's no game where you always win by doing nothing because it wouldn't make sense with the grid - you could just leave the game running until the score counter maxed out.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 7 months ago "I'm learning so much about myself, and Star Trek." There's a quote to keep in mind for the Mosts.

There's no game where you always win by doing nothing because it wouldn't make sense with the grid - you could just leave the game running until the score counter maxed out.
Put a pin in that for potential future Wariowares.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

If rao manages to 1CC Wario tomorrow I will be genuinely impressed.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

"welcome to the next level— i forgot whose catch phrase that was back in the day"

Really obscure game company, honestly. You've probably never played any of their games. :calleoca: