(shouting)

Super Mario Galaxy - Festival Galaxy

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Re: Super Luigi Galaxy - Cosmic Luigi Race Galaxy

Post by Mata Hari »

An error has occurred, so you
can't use the WiiConnect24 feature.
Error Code
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

See you, space cowboy.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

luigi's photo has real 'family vacation photo' vibes
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ElTipsta
Super Cute and Adorable
Pronouns: she/her

Post by ElTipsta »

i don't really post on here much but wanted to say thank you for playing this amazing game raocow. It was really cool to see your reactions to things in this game for the first time!

you'll enjoy galaxy 2 if you ever get around to it, in some ways its even better and some of the flaws you found in galaxy 1 were addressed :)
Bean wrote: 1 year ago On the one hand, that would mean Luigi's Mansion & New Super Luigi U. On the other... Mario is Missing, and it might not even be the SNES version. Hmm.
or if raocow goes back to smbx, luigi's fight for the mushroom kingdom
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Re: Super Mario Galaxy - Galaxy Bunnies

Post by thatguyif »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 1 year ago The Year of Luigi.... 2!!
Have you considered the possibility...that we are in the Year of Our Luigi 9 :catplanet:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Donut

Post by Donut »

Great playthrough, thanks for playing. Will also put in my opinion that in all aspects other than story and music, Galaxy 2 is a straight upgrade to the first game, and probably my favorite mainline Mario game. There's a lot fewer stars that feel like they're there just to fill out six stars per galaxy and they get to the good stuff a lot sooner, so I think you'll have fun when you get there!

Also that tease along with the AGDQ schedule sounds an awful lot like

Hat In Time Death Wish

so that's going to be a ride if so.
PSI Ninja
https://psininja.talkhaus.com/

Re: Super Mario Galaxy - Festival Galaxy

Post by PSI Ninja »

It's been an absolute joy to watch these videos. I haven't played Super Mario Galaxy since the game was brand new, so this LP brought back a lot of memories of my own playthrough. The soundtrack and settings really are indelible.

If the next LP is what people are thinking it is, then I'm really looking forward to it.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Donut wrote: 1 year ago Also that tease along with the AGDQ schedule sounds an awful lot like

Hat In Time Death Wish

If it is then I'll try to catch up with

AHiT

too. Platformer LPs are always a fun one.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

Donut wrote: 1 year ago Also that tease along with the AGDQ schedule sounds an awful lot like

Hat In Time Death Wish

I was tempted to set up a guessing poll, since there are about 5 or so games I saw on the bucket list that fit the text, buuuuuut...once he mentioned Copy Kitty, I realized "okay that's pretty obvious then innit"
Bean wrote: 1 year ago On the one hand, that would mean Luigi's Mansion & New Super Luigi U. On the other... Mario is Missing, and it might not even be the SNES version. Hmm.
Don't forget New Luigi Galaxy. Or Dr. Luigi. Or Mario & Luigi Dream Team, which despite being a Mario & Luigi game, is very much Luigi-centric.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Post by camwoodstock »

you can probably guess IRL stuff got in the way of "talking about how weird this game is" plans. maybe someday we'll be forced to confront it! :aliceko:

however, something extremely funny, now that it's over: the prima guides for the game do reference the whole "you can play as luigi" thing, but it FAILS to mention the ultimate reward of grandmaster galaxy should you 100% the game as luigi. it instead effectively says "once you beat the game as mario and luigi, go outside and look at REAL stars." it doesn't mention you actually get any reward for doing that.

the guide effectively tells you to touch grass over anything helpful or telling you you'll be rewarded.

nice one, prima.
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

boy are you all going to feel stupid when it's

super cat bros

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I feel bad that Luigi gets so much disdain for how he controls when in this case you don't even play as Luigi. It's just someone who looks like Luigi sliding around everywhere and ruining Luigi's reputation.
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

Grounder wrote: 1 year ago boy are you all going to feel stupid when it's

super cat bros

...Except we weren't wrong

:honk:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

I mostly tuned out after raocow "beat the game" because of not caring about the purple coin missions, but seeing Captain Toad in the finale only solidifies my curiosity to learn anything about the look-it's-right-there-it-exists military of the Mushroom Kingdom. Somewhere out there, there's a universe where Captain Toad became a commander in the army (a most grievous mistake) instead of tracking treasure. pensive
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
Donut

Post by Donut »

Catabo wrote: 1 year ago I mostly tuned out after raocow "beat the game" because of not caring about the purple coin missions, but seeing Captain Toad in the finale only solidifies my curiosity to learn anything about the look-it's-right-there-it-exists military of the Mushroom Kingdom. Somewhere out there, there's a universe where Captain Toad became a commander in the army (a most grievous mistake) instead of tracking treasure. pensive
It's not the hierarchy of the Mushroom Kingdom's military, but I feel obliged.