(shouting)

Super Mario Galaxy - Festival Galaxy

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: Super Mario Galaxy - Shrinking Cosmic Barrage Galaxy

Post by KobaBeach »

cannot believe noted sonic the hedgehog 2 enemy grounder was pwned with Facts and Logic
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Bean
Yep.

Re: Super Mario Galaxy - Fiery Daredevil Galaxy

Post by Bean »

And so Mario earns a star by stealing a golden shell from a student that just wanted to get an A on their swimming test. Well, that's better than potentially dropping a penguin off the edge of the land, I suppose.
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

Beach Bowl is such a comfy and inviting level. I'd love to go on vacation there, provided there's an easy way to escape from being on an island of water in the middle of the void and all.
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

space is often referred to as a Star Ocean
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

After getting cut from 64 until the DS remake and getting a vague reference in Sunshine, Luigi finally gets his first real 3D Super Mario appearance!

Took them long enough.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Re: Super Mario Galaxy - Bee Galaxy

Post by Mata Hari »

Mata Hari wrote: 1 year ago raocow has never LPed Luigi's Mansion. That's fucked up
Catabo

Post by Catabo »

Climbed up somewhere high and now won't come back down?

Luigi is a cat. :catplanet2:
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
QuiEstFaba
Une machine pour faire des vaches

Post by QuiEstFaba »

One sunny morning you get up, and you make your will, and you pass the salt to the people who care about you, but you never know who's talking to you....
PSI Ninja
https://psininja.talkhaus.com/

Re: Super Mario Galaxy - Luigi Cyclone Galaxy

Post by PSI Ninja »

It's interesting how different Mario games have different methods of killing the Boos. For example, aside from dying when exposed to light in Galaxy, you can ground pound the Boos in SM64, and in SMW you can only kill them with a Star I think.

By the way, does anyone know if the Tox Boxes in this game can still crush you on their safe side? Like, can the teeth still get you, or are the edges thin enough that they'll force you out instead. I remember the SM64 Tox Boxes having a lot less interior space with thicker edges, and getting annoyed that you can still get hurt if you weren't "inside" enough.
Catabo wrote: 1 year ago Climbed up somewhere high and now won't come back down?

KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Not sure how I feel that Fast-Foe Comet stars just have like. Hollywood movie set in the Arabian Peninsula lighting

i'd probably have posted this earlier but I only got to this part at like 5:11 am because I slept through most of the day again
PSI Ninja wrote: 1 year ago
Catabo wrote: 1 year ago Climbed up somewhere high and now won't come back down?

he does give massive catboy vibes
PSI Ninja wrote: 1 year ago It's interesting how different Mario games have different methods of killing the Boos. For example, aside from dying when exposed to light in Galaxy, you can ground pound the Boos in SM64, and in SMW you can only kill them with a Star I think.
You might be able to kill them with your butt by sliding? At least the non-boss Big Boos you can, I always remember this because Haimari made it a point in a like World 8 ghost house in Hyper Mari World 2 or 3 where you had to clear an entire room of baddies and one of them was a Big Boo
Image Image
Lord Ruby

Post by Lord Ruby »

PSI Ninja wrote: 1 year agoBy the way, does anyone know if the Tox Boxes in this game can still crush you on their safe side? Like, can the teeth still get you, or are the edges thin enough that they'll force you out instead. I remember the SM64 Tox Boxes having a lot less interior space with thicker edges, and getting annoyed that you can still get hurt if you weren't "inside" enough.
I believe they can kill Mario even on the safe side. I think I once made a risky move or something where I tried to enter one of the safe spots even if there wasn't actually enough time, with that result. But it would have been over a decade ago, so I wouldn't put too much trust in that account.
a
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

so, the ice flower

in every game taking place on mario's world they're just fire flowers but with freeze but apparently the ones in space give this much cooler transformation
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Beating that big Piranha Plant in the waterfall mission would've produced another Ice Flower to make things easier on you. Other than that, today was a pretty simple trio of Stars to pick up.
Catabo

Post by Catabo »

I forgot about (/never discovered?) the side area in Beach Bowl, which only makes it even more worthy as a vacation destination. What a cool place! And yo, what a cooler version of the ice flower than the "main" one. I guess the possibilities aren't quite as exciting with it in 2D as in 3D. Maybe in the New Mario games with wall jumping, i could see it, but even then it's constrained compared to what you can do in 3D space.

Now that i've heard them several times, the Toads saying "oh no" sound like Marge Simpson.
It fascinates me how the whole era of Mario between New Mario Wii and Mario Odyssey is more or less absent from my mind. I considered getting whatever the newest Deluxe one is for Switch, but i'm not that curious that i'd pay $60 for it. And i still need to finish SMT5 and Poyo Forgor. oops
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

MonkeyShrapnel wrote: 1 year ago
pff, sonic adventure 2 did it first
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

you vs boo

also the bomb boos are really cool
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Catabo wrote: 1 year ago
It fascinates me how the whole era of Mario between New Mario Wii and Mario Odyssey is more or less absent from my mind. I considered getting whatever the newest Deluxe one is for Switch, but i'm not that curious that i'd pay $60 for it. And i still need to finish SMT5 and Poyo Forgor. oops
I think there's just NSMBU and 3D World on both Wii U and Switch wrt actual platformers (besides Odyssey). NSMBU is basically more NSMB and 3D World is a fun little stage-based 3D Mario game, still need to beat it (at like 50 FPS on CEMU lmao). There's also New Super Luigi U which is basically harder NSMBU IIRC, that DLC campaign might also be in NSMBU DX.

Switch 3D World also contains an open world campaign called Bowser's Fury but I don't know much about it other than Mario and Bowser become SSJ macro furries by the end because of Super Sonic rules ig. Also Bowz Jr. is a good boy in it.

I also need to beat kirby and the lost world of jurassic park and buy smt5
Image Image
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Don't forget 3D Land on 3DS which is an entirely separate game from 3D World (which got ported to Switch recently + that added Bowser's Fury thing)
Catabo

Post by Catabo »

Oh yes, i remember seeing footage of 3D Land and cynically thinking "this entire game was contrived to show off 3D camera angles, huh". Being a late teen/early twentysomething was funny.

In today's video, raocow demonstrates that Mario is a gelatinous substance.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Paragraph wrote: 1 year ago Don't forget 3D Land on 3DS which is an entirely separate game from 3D World (which got ported to Switch recently + that added Bowser's Fury thing)
it wasn't in 3d all stars so clearly you're wrong

next you'll tell me there's a galaxy 2!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Paragraph wrote: 1 year ago Don't forget 3D Land on 3DS which is an entirely separate game from 3D World (which got ported to Switch recently + that added Bowser's Fury thing)
I actually own 3D Land, I honestly forgot about handheld stuff and didn't know if Catabo was talking about Wii stuff either. 3D Land is alright, people shit on it too much, but the Circle Pad is Murder on my hand. Controllers and my hands just don't get along, always been a keyboard slut.

I made it to like Special 7 something I think and then I just stopped playing for a while, then got to like Special 8 something and stopped playing again. Doing everything with both Mario and Luigi is too much.

EDIT: The only romhack I know that has something like the second star is Brutal Mario and it barely works because iirc it has a memory leak due to not being tested enough before the late alpha release of Bowser's Castle. You can try to savescum through it but it's miserable. Thank you carol
Image Image
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

KobaBeach wrote: 1 year ago
I actually own 3D Land, I honestly forgot about handheld stuff and didn't know if Catabo was talking about Wii stuff either. 3D Land is alright, people shit on it too much, but the Circle Pad is Murder on my hand. Controllers and my hands just don't get along, always been a keyboard slut.

I made it to like Special 7 something I think and then I just stopped playing for a while, then got to like Special 8 something and stopped playing again. Doing everything with both Mario and Luigi is too much.

EDIT: The only romhack I know that has something like the second star is Brutal Mario and it barely works because iirc it has a memory leak due to not being tested enough before the late alpha release of Bowser's Castle. You can try to savescum through it but it's miserable. Thank you carol
Sorry bout the controller issues - I can see how that might happen with the circle pad. Actually, I'm getting old and playing Mega Man Zero is now giving me thumb pain after half an hour. Used to be able to do it for two 1.5 h lectures straight, sad

Also "both Mario and Luigi", lol. I finished most of World (honestly don't feel like grinding out the postgame marathon level, Land as well) and the game was like "I helpfully added a tracker to show you which level you finished with which character, out of five :)" and I was like fuck right off lmao

(I did actually complete every level as M+L in Land)
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Paragraph wrote: 1 year ago Sorry bout the controller issues - I can see how that might happen with the circle pad. Actually, I'm getting old and playing Mega Man Zero is now giving me thumb pain after half an hour. Used to be able to do it for two 1.5 h lectures straight, sad

Also "both Mario and Luigi", lol. I finished most of World (honestly don't feel like grinding out the postgame marathon level, Land as well) and the game was like "I helpfully added a tracker to show you which level you finished with which character, out of five :)" and I was like fuck right off lmao

(I did actually complete every level as M+L in Land)
Why are you apologizing?? Sorry that's just how I read anyone saying sorry

Anyway I'm like 25, and I've spent like multiple years barely interacting with console controllers because I didn't have the money to buy console games, even using my Switch makes the thumb part of my hand go a bit numb. Console controllers are at their most comfortable when I'm playing like menu simulators like turn based command JRPGs or 2D games.

I remember I used to be sour on Daxter on PSP because, while it was one of the few PSP games I owned as a kid, you had to use the PSP nub to move Dax around and that shit was murder on 12 year old me's hand as well. Vita's sticks are so much better. I don't know how my sister's ex managed to play the game. Bonkers.

Anyway yeah I read about the 500% thing in 3D World in a post you made, possibly in this thread, and I'm not doing it. 100%ing Mario games is like even worse than 100%ing Sonic games because in Sonic games at least you have a rank to give you a fake dopamine rush to make up for the like 10 straight hours you just wasted grinding like this one Chaotix mission in Heroes that was barely tested and barely functional.

The sheer monotony and bullshit of stuff like this is what keeps me away from 100%ing more games, for example I'd like to fight more superbosses in dumb RPGs but despite being very grinding tolerant (Dragon Quest 1&2 SNES and FF1 NES were some of my first non-Pkmn RPGs after FF4&5, CT and Soul Blazer), at some point it's basically filler until you get to the god killing. Especially in FFX where you basically have to clear an entire Sphere Grid with each character until everyone's maxed out and use this exact strategy with every Dark Aeon and Penance and lmao.

Or in Ys VI where you're supposed to level up beyond what is basically the soft cap for the main game because after that point every enemy just gives like 5 EXP. And unless you level up like five levels above that, you will Die if you try to fight the superboss.

sorry if i sound incoherent
Image Image
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

"sorry" as in "I feel sorry for you".

It's not apologetic, it's patronizing!!!