(shouting)

Pikmin - Emperor Bulblax

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Pikmin - Burrowing Snagret

Post by Catabo »

"Some of you may die... but that is a risk I am willing to take." —raocow?

I believe the snagret was the first Pikmin enemy that was a real threat to me. Incredible that your first encounter with them in the first game is three casually smushed together in the same little cove!
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

no snagrets
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Post by camwoodstock »

Crow wrote: 2 years ago
EllenHouraisan wrote: 2 years ago It's fascinating watching raocow turn more and more jaded about the death of his pikmin.
he's very insistent about not leaving any behind though

but watching them get eaten or blown up or drowned? yeah ehh what can you do :rao:
better to be killed for the cause than to die for no reason
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
Skye
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Skye »

Last edited by Skye 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Love is nothing in tennis and everything in life.

camwoodstock

Re: Pikmin - Wollywog

Post by camwoodstock »

Skye wrote: 2 years ago
camwoodstock wrote: 2 years ago
EllenHouraisan wrote: 2 years ago It's fascinating watching raocow turn more and more jaded about the death of his pikmin.
jokerfication arc
"It's not about the money, it's about making people yell at their screen."
&: It's not always about the ship parts, my Warrior Cats... It's about THE FROG BABEY LET'S GO LET'S SWARM LET'S LOSE HALF OF YOU LET'S GO FROG
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
EllenHouraisan
Cat llama enthusiast
First name: Iris

Post by EllenHouraisan »

The frog is trying to teach raocow about the forbbiden skill of m i c r o m a n a g i n g.

Although I suppose tanking everything works just as well. :calleoca:
:trans_pride: :bi_pride:
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

EllenHouraisan wrote: 2 years ago The frog is trying to teach raocow about the forbbiden skill of m i c r o m a n a g i n g.

Although I suppose tanking everything works just as well. :calleoca:
the warrior cats have officially become the Red Shirts ;p
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

"I just lost half my forces... that just doesn't feel like that should have been the case"

"yeah, when you've got these amount of numbers, I don't think actually throwing them matters. Just swarm at that point."

:mgmn:
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

Yeah! Look at all those guys you defeated with the reds! Now you can use the yellows/blues to bring them back, right?

Right?

Don't get me wrong; I've been loving this series, but boy howdy, it's got its moments. In other news, the Red (Pikmin) Army slacks off by drinking (nectar) on the job.
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

vs sm64 scuttlebug
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Shard1697

Re: Pikmin - Beady Long Legs

Post by Shard1697 »

I like beady longlegs a lot. it's such a weird abstract thing that barely even seems like an animal
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

super monkey ball 2 arthropod looking motherfucker
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

&: Beady Long Legs is, objectively, one of the silliest guys in all of Pikmin. It is Orb. It is Spider. It is literally classified as an "Arachnorb" in future games. It has its own dedicated theme when you're near it where it just bumbles about. What more can you ask for? The Guard Satellite, maybe, but that's besides the point.
Grounder wrote: 2 years ago vs sm64 scuttlebug
&: What is this? The latest Friday Night Funkin' mod someone's gonna pre-emptively declare as a thing before they burn out like half a week in? ...wait was this too rude we don't actually play that game--
Skye

Post by Skye »

lawatson
Professional cat planet fan
First name: Lucas
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by lawatson »

The true final boss of Pikmin: the Repair-type Bolt

Second to frogs.
want cat planet in your twitch chat??? now you can accomplish that with franker face z!!!1
General_Urist

Post by General_Urist »

Finally, raocow takes a little time to beef up Yellow numbers a little with loot from enemies.

Our cow's a bit of a butcher, but then again the game's been giving him enough corpses to feed his Red Wave tactics for now.

Also is the game glitched? Surely the Max 100 Pikmin popup shouldn't keep showing up day after day.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

at the risk of being "that guy", i think the reds are gonna have to take an overall backseat for this place
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
camwoodstock

Re: Pikmin - Spotty Bulbear

Post by camwoodstock »

what's funny abt the puzzle for the Repair-type Bolt, which we're sure people have been yelling at in the comments, but (pikmin 2 spoils!)

raocow's thought of "don't i need yellows?" would be 100% right if this was pikmin 2. there is a puzzle in that game that is a harder version of this, and the goal actually Does need yellow pikmin as part of it.

also yea seeing the struggle of the Repair-type Bolt alone, i feel like (raocow don't look!!!)

it's probably for the best mr. raocow didn't face the smoky progg??? if this place gave him so much strife with Just The Part That Has Absolutely No Enemies Between It

Grounder wrote: 2 years ago at the risk of being "that guy", i think the reds are gonna have to take an overall backseat for this place
are you suggesting the water immune pikmin would be good??? in the water zone??? Why I'd Never /lh
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

it's fine to rely heavily on reds, and also fine to rely on replacing pikmin with more pikmin after combat

but it cannot be overstated how much the game does not want you to let pikmin remain on the ground around bulbears/wollywogs, and keeps on pushing that lesson every time it happens
Skye

Post by Skye »

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

screaming at the screen is a requisite part of any good rao LP

let the cowman learn or choose not to learn at his own pace
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

Crow wrote: 2 years ago screaming at the screen is a requisite part of any good rao LP

let the cowman learn or choose not to learn at his own pace
honestly as we're pikmin veterans we look at raocow doing these absolutely bonkers things and reacting like "how's he gonna make This work" and he, Invariably, Somehow Makes It Work without fail. is it the optimal "good" way to do it? like 99% of the time, Absolutely Not Holy Cow. but the fact that he's managed to brute force his way through things thru sheer tenacity alone Cannot be understated and especially can't be dismissed, all things considered? this dude is finding all the right solutions in literally all the wrong ways and it's both surprisingly ingenious (if hilariously inefficient and pikmin-sacrifice heavy) and Incredibly hilarious.

like, literally having enough of an army to simply steamroll minibosses like the Beady Long Legs and cover the losses. consistently swarming the enemies he should throw pikmin at and vice versa, yet still managing to make it out with more pikmin gained than he lost like 95% of the time. we genuinely didn't even Know it was possible to get the Radiation Canopy without having to fight the Armored Cannon Beetle if you just, had enough pikmin to tank things, and could sufficiently distract it/stun it--so of course raocow does it first thing and makes it out like it's Nothing. dude literally re-inventing the concept of red shirts in pikmin of all games of having a designated "will get totally obliterated but also will come right on back to wreck as much house before, in turn, getting wrecked themselves" task force. and then also, simultaneously, managing to invent the concept explosive enemies a whole game too early and lose like 20 yellow pikmin at once, but then still managing to cover that ridiculous loss.

like, is any of this the "best" way to do it? No. is it hilarious and fun to talk about? Absolutely Yes. while people who are sticklers for playing this game "right" may find it obnoxious... we feel like viewing it under the lens of "playing this game as technically correctly but also as incorrectly as possible" is absolutely a blast. ig the best summary is that "raocow is simply too silly to lose in this game" and that is 100% valid.

let this man play the game at his own pace--not just bc, y'know, no backseating in general--but also we think it is objectively more fun that, despite how unabashedly Scuffed this playthrough is, raocow is still managing to consistently get by, against literally all odds

did this make sense we hope this made sense last time we went on a tangent when we were only mostly awake like this it got someone really irrationally mad--
Skye wrote: 2 years ago No pattern recognition.
&: The Blue Pikmin stole Skye's PC again.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I've never seen pikmin until this LP, and... the sheer amount of frustration in some comments is baffling to me. He's learning what he needs to in order to accomplish what he wants to do, by playing the game. Which is how games work the first time you play them, unless you read about them first which is boring.

Occasionally, I think "people who can't remember their first time playing a game shouldn't be allowed to watch blind LPs of it, for their own health", but that's hyperbole and what I really mean is just "I kinda wish these commenters would ease up".
warpio

Post by warpio »

I can't speak for others, but the only thing I'm really finding it hard not to backseat about is

the idea of using "practice days" to figure out the puzzles and plan out what to do in the level before going for a real run really doesn't seem to cross his mind. It seems like he only resets the day when things go really, really badly, and I guess he doesn't want to ruin the challenge of the time limit too much by abusing the feature. Personally I prefer to avoid time limits in puzzle games wherever possible, and I like the feeling of being really efficient with my time after using practice days to figure out exactly what to do.

Still having fun watching it though. If anything it makes it more interesting to see how this game plays out in a very different play style than my own.
kitikami

Re: Pikmin - Yellow Wollywog

Post by kitikami »

Come to think of it, it is kind of weird that Nintendo has multiple franchises about an Eldritch species imprinting on an alien protagoinst as a parent figure.