(shouting)

Celeste: Farewell - Au Revoir

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: Celeste: Farewell - Farewell

Post by ano0maly »

kitikami wrote: 2 years ago Aside from raocow not liking marathon challenges in general, i think the mindset of approaching the previous last room as the climactic finale versus approaching this one as coming back to do some bonus content after having mentally already completed the game made a big difference.
Well, in video 71 when he beat Farewell, he said he's not ready to be done, so it wasn't done yet. Got his wish :catplanet2:

The moon berry room is kind of mean. Not only the binoculars stop halfway, there are some heights where the screen stops scrolling back down, further limiting chances to salvage the attempt. I do think this room is worth experiencing, but I feel that knowing that you can backtrack in the final room is more intriguing. The moon berry challenge is more like a reward for finding and clearing that backtracking challenge in the form of one more playable section.
Lord Ruby

Re: Celeste: Farewell - Au Revoir

Post by Lord Ruby »

PSI Ninja wrote: 2 years agoI think Sonic Shuffle had long ones too, but I honestly don't remember if they were in the same ballpark.
I think each Sonic Shuffle match took about one hour. But he didn't always win the match on his first try. I'm pretty sure there was at least one board that took at least 3 tries, and a few more that took at least 2.

I suppose I can post my stats too:
2021092109424500-75A32021BE3512D7AA96B2D72F764411.jpg
2021092109424500-75A32021BE3512D7AA96B2D72F764411.jpg (169.12 KiB) Viewed 582 times
Can't really be compared that well though since I went for the golden strawberry for not only 1A, but also for 2C and 1C before I decided that those were not worth my time. I also played in the 1A->1B->2A->2B->3A->... order which I've since heard you're not supposed to. My total deaths were 10076. Maybe about 400 or 500 less before those golden strawberries?

Hm, what does that yellow/golden flag mean, anyway?
a
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: Celeste: Farewell - Au Revoir

Post by Crow »

rao's longest recording sessions to my knowledge are
1. the two car levels in adventure 2 (280 and 101, like 6 and 4 hours respectively i believe)
2. that one superboss in rabi ribi (also like 4-5ish hours? i forget)
YUMP 38 was also super long iirc i don't remember how long tho
i've honestly never played a video game in my life