(shouting)

Star Fox 64 - There's Still Time To Change The Road You're On

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Star Fox 64 - There's Still Time To Change The Road You're On

Post by raekuul »

So yeah, I would probably only come back to Expert Mode for a one-off. It's definitely fun but hooboy is it spammy. And probably not worth the effort of getting medals on all 15 stages (Venom I and Venom II both count as the same stage for the purposes of getting medals). Also your wings are super-fragile but amusingly enough apparently this also applies to the members of Star Wolf? I know something is actually easier to fight in Expert Mode and I have it wedged in my headspace that it's Venom II Star Wolf.

Basically beating Expert Mode boils down to "How good are you at not crashing into stage objects?"
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Re: putting space rocks on your bill. My new theory is that you're not being paid per ship- you're being paid for your time. Those rocks are dangerous to you, and if they pose a threat on the way to the bioweapon, that's reflected in the bill. Tough enemeis are worth more because they pose more danger typically, trick shots and quick boss kills are worth more because you're just a good mercenary team, and you can demonstrate just how good you are. Pepper's paying for quality.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I like these warp areas, and I'm glad raocow showed them off. I also enjoyed watching raocow play this game in general. On the topic of expert mode, I'd say it's more than just a numbers thing, but I also agree that it's probably better to not do it, at least right now. Maybe in the future if you find yourself really wanting to play Star Fox 64 again.

Donut

Post by Donut »

I recall that enemy formations are remixed in expert mode, but honestly my memories of expert are very slight, despite getting all the medals in it. All I remember is that Venom's easy route becomes a complete nightmare and the hardest level in the game bar none. Could make a fun side project one day, but I wouldn't be broken if you left it alone. Regardless, this was a really fun LP that brought back a lot of memories, so thank you for playing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

1, 64, adventures, assault, command, zero, guard, 2 has got to be the worst counting i've ever seen

speaking of that though, when we inevitably return to the lylat system, i wonder which one will be next...
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
helucard

Post by helucard »

raekuul wrote: 2 years ago I would probably only come back to Expert Mode for a one-off.
.... Are you suggesting... real life core expert mode?
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

That train sequence is sooooooo satisfying, I love the train dude's voice.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
helucard

Post by helucard »

MonkeyShrapnel wrote: 2 years ago That train sequence is sooooooo satisfying, I love the train dude's voice.
Step on the gas!!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

"I can't... stOP IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTT!!!"

It's the most satisfying kill in the game for the Hit+50 bonus, all the explosions, and knowing you just shut down a major base of operations for Andross. Like this game gets you to give a flip about your characters in its brief time thanks to all the dialogue. No other entry in the Star Fox franchise does that, and that's a shame. Wish Nintendo would've kept it simple instead of making the next few games oddball entries or a more linear version of this.