(shouting)

Save states

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Mortal

Save states

Post by Mortal »

Someone should cut out all gameplay wasted due to save states in the SMW hack LPs to make it look like perfect play. I think it'd be interesting to wrap up a series by watching the flawless playthrough. Yeah sure, you'd get audio fuckups and cut out the funnies, but regardless.

Just throwin' that out there.
BEWPPY-Sama

Re: Save states

Post by BEWPPY-Sama »

There's no harm in throwing out an opinion but... I don't see why it would be needed to do this. I actually enjoy watching the videos in their entirety(sp?).
Uncreative

Post by Uncreative »

Mortal wrote:Someone should cut out all gameplay wasted due to save states in the SMW hack LPs to make it look like perfect play. I think it'd be interesting to wrap up a series by watching the flawless playthrough. Yeah sure, you'd get audio fuckups and cut out the funnies, but regardless.

Just throwin' that out there.
It's called a TAS, except these would have audio commentary.
What part of "Uncreative" is not being understood?
kilon

Post by kilon »

I'm not completely sure if I understand what you mean, but the way raocow is editing is perfect.

The way he uses savestates is good. Like now at World of Illusion he uses more, like expected. With Rise to the Challenge, there where less needed, so he used less.

You just need to check per game how much savestates shall be used.
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

What would be the point in cutting out the screw-ups? Screw-ups are part of what makes a save-stated run fun :)
cousinoer5

Post by cousinoer5 »

But without screw-ups, there would be no demos! Think about the demos!
BEWPPY-Sama

Post by BEWPPY-Sama »

cousinoer5 wrote:But without screw-ups, there would be no demos! Think about the demos!
*Middle aged mom voice* THE DEMOS... THINK ABOUT THE DEMOS! WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE DEMOS?!?!?
ZephyrKaiser

Post by ZephyrKaiser »

The screw ups and unexpected things makes the videos funny. Screw ups become demos, and demos are funny. Why cut out the funny stuff?
So, your master doesn't trust you or his cronies?

You want to know my name? You don't deserve to know my name!

Yiazmat

Post by Yiazmat »

ZephyrKaiser wrote:The screw ups and unexpected things makes the videos funny. Screw ups become demos, and demos are funny. Why cut out the funny stuff?
Perfectly said. Quoted for truth! :D
FRK

Post by FRK »

I think the way it is right now is just fine.
SyStemkraSh5642

Post by SyStemkraSh5642 »

Well, let's say that you've been trying for the past two hours trying to get past one part in the game. Would you really like staying on that part forever? It's kind of like the Kaizo hack I sent to MetalKirby; he spent two videos trying to get past the first three parts. On the other hand, I wouldn't cut out the screw-ups/demos if you mess up like two or three times.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

ZephyrKaiser wrote:The screw ups and unexpected things makes the videos funny. Screw ups become demos, and demos are funny. Why cut out the funny stuff?
Indeed.....
DeviantDespot

Post by DeviantDespot »

I for one enjoy roacow's use of save states, it moves the levels along much faster than him redoing it, and besides that it's probably much easier on him. He won't have to edit as much, as a result his videos will come out sooner. I'm not trying to see someone professionally beat a game, they have speedruns for that, I'm simply here to watch raocow do what he does best..be himself. ^_^
Sea

Post by Sea »

I agree with Deviant, the majority of us probably don't watch raocow's videos to get help with the game, albeit he's a good source for help, a lot of us watch raocow's vids for raocow, and him being himself, not for seeing a professional run-through of the game.

I also remember when raocow was doing pure save-stateless runs back in the day, and it wasn't nice, mostly because raocow was frusterated and unhappy, and he even said he started hating the romhack more and more. I say let raocow play the way he's happiest playing, you'll get a good quality run through each level, and an entertaining and happy raocow.
~~Sea~~
Erionn

Post by Erionn »

This is an LP, not a Tool Assisted Speed Run.
FRK

Post by FRK »

Sea wrote:I also remember when raocow was doing pure save-stateless runs back in the day, and it wasn't nice, mostly because raocow was frusterated and unhappy, and he even said he started hating the romhack more and more. I say let raocow play the way he's happiest playing, you'll get a good quality run through each level, and an entertaining and happy raocow.
Yeah. raocow knows what's best for him, and he is always entertaining!