(shouting)

*X3 WINNER CONGRATS TO ENJL* the one with the seasonal allergies

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
PSI Ninja
https://psininja.talkhaus.com/

Re: *MAFAB2 WINNER* the one about the corrupted girl

Post by PSI Ninja »

At the risk of being totally wrong, it seems like there's a bit of Subzero Heroes DNA in the Sophia boss fight? Maybe it was the four-way shooting white spheres that reminded me. It kind of looks like the Frosty B-01 boss from that game. Looking forward to reading the developer commentary when it's posted. This was also my favorite boss of MaFAB2, not because it was 1st place, but because it was just so fun to play.

Otherwise, I think my next favorite is the Broadsword & Boon Magikoopa boss, all the way back in Tier 8. Opinions were pretty divided on that one, but I really enjoyed figuring out the ideal moves to use in every situation. The only part I didn't like was when you would get warped to that short platforming section - I thought that felt out of place in a boss fight. And I didn't mind using Broadsword. I think I'm one of a handful of people who actually likes how he controls.
Zipper
huh...

Post by Zipper »

it's called MaFAB2 because the best anyone else could've ever hoped to get is 2nd place
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

As the person who designed the Frosty B0-1 fight I want to say it's a coincidence but maybe there was some subconscious stuff going on there? idk, I forget which of us came up with the idea for the attack and which boss happened first.

Anyhow, sorry for the delay but now it's dev trivia bombardment time!!! If any details differ between here and what I've said on discord it's because I went back through my DMs with Chaoxys to double-check and make corrections.
  • As Chaoxys mentioned, he did the heavy lifting with the graphics while I handled the programming. Looking back through our DMs, I did make Sophia's human form sprites, the keys and locks, the abstract background and platform graphics for the arena, and miscellaneous particles and effects, but everything else in the fight -- the armor in its various forms, unbound Sophia, the spike rockets, the halo rings, the player character, projectiles, background pillars, gears, magic bepis ball -- those were all him.
    t
  • The music, for the forest section and phase 1 tracks are both from Gurumin (Phantom World and Paean of Revenge, respectively) and phase 2 is Inevitable Struggle from Zero no Kiseki (the Super Arrange version). Unfathomed Force from Ao no Kiseki Evolution was also up for consideration for phase 2, but in the end we both felt Inevitable Struggle was the better fit. Basically what I'm getting at is, Falcom music is really heckin good yo
    t
  • The banana man in the devroom is from this. According to Hoeloe, it was apparently also used as the icon for the MaGLX3 dev server???
    t
  • Chaoxys came up with some backstory for Sophia that went unused in the level:
    Chaoxys wrote:Basically, what if some god of dark, and a goddess of light had a child, and due to the conflicting types of the gods, she ended up possessing neither dark nor light. The parents wanted to help her find her "calling" as it were, so the father gave her armor infused with darkness, while the mother gave her a ribbon rings of pure light, however, the godly instruments were too much for the child and consumed her with their power.

Cut to many years in the future. The world is no more, having been wiped out long ago by the corrupted goddess. Suddenly a person warps in, a young person from the time before the world was destroyed. The goddess of light, and the god of dark, having realized that they can't stop what they've started, pulled in a soul from the past to save their daughter and fix what they've caused.
    I think this was before we came up with the key macguffin scene, but that detail aside this still fits overall and works with the text for the door in the hub, so this is the Sophia canon.

Also the protag's name is "Heroku", and yes, we literally just took "Hero-kun" and dropped the n. Small Child Steven is also good though, let's say that's Heroku's heavyweight wrestling ring name or something in that vein.
    t
  • As the dev gallery showed, there was a planned third phase where, after getting Unbound down to half health, the animated cursed armor would return and it'd become a three-way fight between the player, the armor, and Sophia akin to

the Galeem and Dharkon fight in Smash Ultimate

. They would've had shields protecting themselves from their own attacks so you would need to take the dark/light stars from one and hurl it at the other, and there was a decent amount of brainstorming for how their individual attacks could be paired up in fun and fair ways. We even mocked up some new attacks, but we quickly realized we were living up to our team name and wouldn't be able to implement this stuff with the remaining time we had to work on the fight.
    t
  • The blue Boom Boom on the moon at the end is Ice Boom Boom Reggie, a joke OC I made for an old Christmas gift level who I then reused for another contest entry (except this time it was his dad). He's become somewhat of a tertiary mascot for codehaus with extensive joke lore about an entire clan of supervillain palette swap boom booms. I was going to add a fakeout with him teleporting in after the player grabbed the star and starting his trademark "HOWDY" only to be cut off by the level ending, but once again time constraints forced me to settle for making him become the moon.
    t
  • This sound effect exists in the level's files, and of these last three points I consider my inability to find a use for it my biggest regret with this fight.
    t
  • And last, but certainly not least,
Rixi in the spotzone wrote: re: the team-up
that's honestly one of the things we were worried about being a point of controversy. The rules did allow it, and we did check with Sturg to make sure, but between the fact that we were the only team and some resulting shenanigans with the readme (I'll get to those in a bit) there was some anxiety about it winning MaFAB2

basically, the readme in the game is what was originally written but not what was submitted -- we didn't realize the readmes were supposed to be anonymous when submitting, so Enjl messaged me back about tweaking it accordingly. And since we were the only team in MaFAB2, even having "we" and "us" in the readme would give the entry's creators away so I sent Enjl a revision with those plural pronouns changed to singular and the one point about Chaoxys being reminded of Mischief Makers changed to unattributed passive voice phrasing.

Now imagine our surprise when we find out that, not only did our entry win, but everyone's readme was included, and with the way our entry was presented in the hub (the level was just credited as "Team Scope Creep" without giving my and Chaoxys' individual usernames), the anonymized readme made it look like I was claiming credit for everything Chaoxys did. So I panicked and messaged Sturg, who didn't see my DM right away, and then Enjl about changing the readme back to the plural version for the sake of avoiding a potential big accidental scandal.

so the hub NPCs ended up getting patched alongside some tweaks to the level that had to be made due to engine changes between submission and release (Klonoa's flutter was nerfed in the basegame which made accessing the dev room nigh-impossible so the branches had to be lowered, and some audio system changes made certain sound effects substantially louder and others quieter than they sounded in the Mx3 build of SMBX2 that the boss (and, well, all other entries in both contests) was developed in).

Between that stuff, the requests in the readme, and some lua errors that popped up post-submission (once again due to engine changes, they weren't present in Mx3), I imagine Sophia was probably a recurring headache for the hub team to integrate in the episode so I can't stress enough how patient and understanding they all were in dealing with all this nonsense and how apologetic and appreciative Chaoxys and I have been throughout this whole thing
Thanks again to the entire MaGLX3 staff, to raocow for giving us this opportunity by making MaFAB2 a thing in the first place and now playing through the fight, to Chaoxys for collaborating with me on this thing, to the folks who sent me the bananaman and those who playtested the boss and offered feedback, and to everyone else in the talkhaus, codehaus, spotzone, and SMBX communities for just being rad af!
:rao:

And with that, I'm back to scrambling to finish up my chocolate contest entry in time. Congrats to the MaGLX3 winner tomorrow, whomever this Mystery Richard Montgomery McLevelsperson may be!
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
King of GETs

Post by King of GETs »

Zipper wrote: 2 years ago it's called MaFAB2 because the best anyone else could've ever hoped to get is 2nd place
Coming from the one who got 2nd place in MaGLX3, I'm not sure what to make of this comment. :catplanet2:
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Rixithechao wrote: 2 years ago The banana man in the devroom is from this. According to Hoeloe, it was apparently also used as the icon for the MaGLX3 dev server???
Can confirm. I just assumed it was Sturg's OC.
ElTipsta
Super Cute and Adorable
Pronouns: she/her

Post by ElTipsta »

the corrupted girl's boss level uses Falcom music

no wonder it won MAFAB2

(seriously though, it's very well deserved)
King of GETs

Post by King of GETs »

My comments on the 1st place level are a bit long, so I'll put them behind a spoiler tag.

I am not as critical on the game play as Zatsupachi, but I am a little confused on Sturg's comments. How can one have trouble deciphering the structure of a level and still give it 116/120? Personally, I didn't have trouble deciphering the structure of the level, and none of the setups were too hard.

My opinion of the level isn't, "This level is bad". My opinion of the level leans more toward, "This level has wasted potential". Having one of your gimmick terms on the door, beyond a shadow of a doubt, paints a picture about what to expect when going in (I have the same opinion for the 1st place boss as well). However, I am aware that 1st place should have something extra, so it's understandable. I was lucky enough to play the level before the fuzzy was added to the door, so I went into the level not knowing what to expect.

The sandstorm with the spinies immediately painted a picture of what to expect for the level. Introducing the charged spiny interaction with the lines to make them electric really upped my expectations. The applications of this are pretty large for both platforming and puzzle purposes. Also, seeing the spinies swooshing through the clear pipes made for a great look. I didn't see any electric flying spinies, but thinking about their projectiles being electric and lighting up various levels of lines to provide a challenge is interesting to think about. As I went into the cave section, seeing the charged spinies electrify a wire and light up a light bulb was great. It made me think of all the light-based puzzles you could make with it.

And then came the neckbeards.

I know there are a lot of memes surrounding Richard, but there are some issues I have with his implementation in this level. First off, fuzzies are known for being eccentric. Why wasn't the electricity for the fuzzy used any differently than it was used for the charged spinies? If the charged spinies cause a light bulb to light up, the charged fuzzies should cause the light bulb to explode because the electricity is so chaotic. Also, there was a bit of a continuity error as the first time a fuzzy was shown, it was unaffected by the electricity on the wire caused by the charged spiny, yet at the end of the section, it was affected. Maybe this is just a misunderstanding and the charged spinies don't affect them until they take over their bodies and they gain the electric attribute.

In the next section, the theatrics pick up as a billion fuzzies are roaming the bottom of the screen. This is a nice touch to the segment and augments the music very well. In the auto-scroll section after this, there is another minor continuity error. There are two charged fuzzies near the end of the auto-scroll that get swallowed by the fuzzy cloud. The problem is: They weren't changed into fuzzies! They just went behind the fuzzy cloud while their glow effect went in front of the fuzzy cloud making it look awkward. It wouldn't have been so noticeable if the auto-scroll wasn't slow, but the auto-scroll needed to be slow for difficulty balancing, so that's understandable.

The next section is the most disappointing of them all from my experience. After being swallowed by the fuzzy cloud, you come out as a big fuzzy. You're presented with a game play mechanic not seen before in a Mario game: Riding the lines as a big fuzzy. As I'm playing, I'm interested to see how moving on lines will work when charged spines and fuzzies are around to electrify the lines, and I'm also interested to see some epic battle at the end, perhaps between you and a giant spiny, or maybe fighting off the fuzzy that you turned into. Or maybe you become the new ruler of the fuzzies.

And then...the level ends. I'm not sure if the ending is supposed to be interpreted as, "The Power Star cleansed the fuzzies", but with all the theatrics going on in the level, it would have been nice to see them all dissolve into energy particles if that was the case, but this is a minor nitpick.

Maybe I'm just viewing this level wrong, and the whole point of the level is supposed to be more of an introductory concept to some of these gimmicks instead of putting them to more complex use. Maybe the level was deliberately left on a cliffhanger to make the user wonder what happened to the Toads, why all the spinies haven't turned into fuzzies, etc. I guess this level just isn't my kind of level, but I can definitely see the effort that was put into it. If I had to give it a score, I'd probably give it somewhere between an 85 and a 95 out of 120, so I'd still rank it very high, but there were just some other levels I enjoyed more.
The relay level and relay boss coming up next should be fun to watch. I'm very curious to see just how long the video for the relay level will be.
Emral
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/

Post by Emral »

Gonna just... repost my youtube comment. Even a year of knowing ahead of time didn't prepare me for formulating thoughts tonight.
So, here we are. What an awkward moment, being a hub designer, contest winner, assistant on various contest submissions, absent from development for a long time and thus part of the dev hell this game underwent, and THEN also a major factor in getting it out of the rut I helped getting it stuck in. It's a bit ironic.

Ultimately I can't help but feel, however, that this placement came about more as a matter of circumstance, as I think all of tier 12, and even some levels earlier on, are just outstanding. I put a bit of that view into the crow dialogue throughout the tier. Making the doors highlighting the winners went against my humility a little despite being warranted, but counterbalancing those with dialogue from Edward and the crows (my new band name) felt just as appropriate. And the atmosphere I've concocted makes sure that all the levels feel epic to be around! (the music does some heavy lifting, too!)

To think that all of Tier 12 is just 7 full points apart; that 2nd and 3rd have a 0.33 point difference, and that Lunikyuu's level was unfortunately knocked down a peg because one of the judges didn't understand the gimmick... I believe the entire upper ranks would be utterly reshuffled if the contest went through without all the hitches. So in a way we're just peeking at one possible timeline.

Enough putting myself down. Time for details!

My contest levels tend to be playgrounds for ideas, and with this one I got some great locations and NPCs to bounce off of, and an adjective I just kinda fudged in and tried to explain away (successfully it seems). Sandstorm turned into a sandstorm of enemies, spinies invoked the idea of the power lines thanks to their charged variant, and fuzzies allowed me to pull directly from the geniuses at Nintendo that invented the fuzzy tunnel. Furthermore I tried a (to me) novel type of powerup and dragon coin progression (3 powerups per checkpoint rather than 2, and harder-to-reach dragon coins because 1ups are worthless and all you get from them are bragging rights anyway). If I were to adjust the level today, I would tweak the darkness values in the cave to be a little brighter, would make the physics of the fuzzy playable marginally less handicapping, and perhaps give the player a 2nd hit during that segment to avoid repeat blunders ruining the bit. Perhaps some placement and timing tweaks here and there to make things line up better in fringe situations...

And since I cannot go 5 minutes without mentioning how great the other levels are, here's a breakdown of things I admire about the other tier 12 levels:

Windshear Aquarium has a terrifically constructed custom character and great sonic-like design to boot. I love the animation detail on the character in particular!

SGDQ20XX is insanely funny, varied and just full of character. I always have a blast playing this one.

Uwaah!! THis hot springs is so hot! has probably my favourite realized setting in the contest. The geysters that I've drawn a decade ago are utilized in very creative ways, too!

Possi Swamp is just great parabeetle content what can I say? Very jumpcore, this one!

The Bridge on the Sun's focus on offering an alternate harder approach to the same level is very cleverly executed!

Goo Lagoon has probably the most eerie atmosphere I've ever encountered in a Mario level!

Soaked Spikes Situation is I think the first Shinbison level I've played that really highlighted how good they've gotten over the years.

Midnight Climb merges its visual spectacle and music so well that every playthrough I just get more touched by it.

i accidentally uploaded a whole palace, whoops is probably my favourite standalone gameplay experience out of all levels in the contest. Its aesthetic is also terrific!

In conclusion, I wrote this comment on 4/20, and I'm glad Rameau, Rednaxela and I managed to get MAGLX3 out of dev hell, so that all these levels we've seen over the course of this playthrough could finally see the light of day.
I do things. You can find them on my talkhaus site. https://enjl.talkhaus.com/
Here is another link. This one lets you draw.
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/draw.html
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

CONGRATS DUDEEEE!
This level was super neat, the atmosphere and aesthetics were astounding, and that last section was pretty funny (I especially love the checkpoint flag, nice touch there)
You totally earned this win, and I'm excited to see where the future of this contest + side projects take us!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

I guess this means there were no levels where all 3 judges gave it over 100.

Actually I'd be curious to see stats on how many very high scores (ie over 100) the judges each gave, I'd guess something like

Rameau - around 20 levels maybe?
Zatsu - 5-10 levels
Sturg - 60+
PapyrusSemi
I am the smartest moron you've ever met.
First name: Nicholas
Pronouns: any pronouns

Re: *O-N-E-!* the one that won

Post by PapyrusSemi »

As we celebrate almost four whole months of platforming fracas, we have reached THE POINT.
The moment you've all been waiting for...
THE CHAMPION OF THE MAKE A GOOD LEVEL X CONTEST 3 IS...
Pollen Season
By our new champion, Enjl!
So, first off, I just noticed the Spinies flying away in the distance, and
  1. Sucks to be them
  2. That's freakin' hilarious.
Aside from that, the level is really pretty, but the Clear Pipes could use a bit more transparency. The mechanic of Electrospinies igniting live wires and turning them hazardous when they touch them is certainly a cool concept, and one that makes more sense than the inexplicably electric Zoomers from 11th place on the grounds of them already being electrical. Having to take Spiny-spewing Clear Pipes into the Spiny mines because they can't hurt you if you're taking a Clear Pipe was definitely clever, and it's telegraphed by coins, which is always welcome. Also, the spike pits actually being made of Spiny (and not being flush with the floor) was also a nice touch,
In the mines, the fourth wall is broken briefly (Why would it be called an SMB3 Star in-universe?), as Toadford warns Mario of the possibility of getting consumed by the Enjlmesh Hoard. Some easy speen parkour (if you're not raocow, anyways) later, and the first Fuzzy is revealed, shortly befor the Fuzzies riding on tracks and Electrospinies lighting up tracks are thrown together. You would think that Fuzzies would be harmed by the electricity, but they are also notoriously hard to kill. I'm pretty sure the Spiny generator wasn't supposed to stay on, though.
And then...
THE FUZZY VIRUS.
You soon take a trip to the deepest depths of the caves, as the Fuzzy Hoard gives you the staredown while loads of Fuzzy variations (actually, just regular Fuzzies and Electrofuzzies) pour in. There are even small trails of Fuzzy at the bottom! I think rao said "Jesus!", but I don't know, it's been a while since I last said the Our Father in French. And then you have to spin-jump on one of the Fuzzy trails. Certainly looks hard, but still doable. The last Fuzzy trail forming a Spin Jump train was definitely real awesome.
AND THEN THE FUZZIES RISE. Thankfully, the ones that only hop a little don't actually hurt, which makes them directly cooler than the Cheep-Cheeps from 7-3. Another Toad gets engulfed by the Fuzzy Virus, but I guess we just shrug it off. The tight-ceiling Fuzzy train parkour seems alright enough, but I don't blame raocow for thinking he could make the jump. Also, the second big Fuzzy doesn't look like it should move, but it does, I guess.
And then, we're Fuzzy Time Mine or Fuzzy Flood Mine, if you're Bri'*sh in here. Except, unlike there where you're outrunning the Fuzzies, here, you're actively using them to progress WHILE outrunning them. One of those last jumps was certainly stress incarnate.
AND THEN YOU GET INFECTED.
Suddenly, you are no longer Mario. You are a Fuzzy, as it turns into what I can only liken to the Mario equivalent of Friday Night Funkin': Corruption, two years before the fact. Basically, you now have a pogo stick, and the other Fuzzies have friendly fire on. But, because you are a Fuzzy, you have another power that Fuzzies have: the ability to grind on rails. Also, the Fuzzy Hoard at least respects your Fuzzy nature, so you can just surf on it, but then you need to go all the way back to the pipe. Either way, you then have to evade the inexplicably-electrified Fuzzy snakes, before grabbing the SMB3 Star with what little willpower you have left.

Which, if you've been paying attention these past 119 episodes, destroys all enemies on-screen. Including the Electrofuzzies, the Fuzzy Hoard, and even the Fuzzy Virus, showering you in 1-Ups as you do so.

All in all, a technically impressive level (namely by

introducing an entirely-new character with their own mechanics and everything

), but the Electrospinies turning on lights was really underutilized. So, basically, an impressive level, but most of the mechanics didn't get much time to shine.

Also, I absolutely want to imagine that Ferdinand Y. Fuzzy and Ultimate Rinka are besties.

Either way, I can see why this level got first place, but SGDQ20XX is still my favourite.

During the credits roll, I felt weirdly happy seeing my name scroll by alongside all my fellow Talkhausers.

And, lastly, to see the finale of what the Café Beyond Memory has to serve us, we must cross the Blinking Blocks, in true Celeste fashion. But, that is a story for another night.
"i have a unicycle for a frontal lobe and the devil rides its pedals"
-Twitter user @bonvibaee

:ace_pride: :trans_pride: :nb_pride: :gq_pride:
PSI Ninja
https://psininja.talkhaus.com/

Post by PSI Ninja »

Congratulations to the winners! Also, congrats to everyone else who placed high and to those who did better than they expected.

Pollen Season definitely had a lot of Enjl-ness in its design. Very reminiscent of your levels in Subzero Heroes, such as the way the clear pipes were used, all manner of things on line guides, and (in my opinion) the tricky timing. I think I vibe a bit with what Sturg wrote - I had some trouble parsing what the obstacles were, mostly in the darker mines part. And I would often get caught off-guard whenever a line guide became electrified, which is weird to say because it's not that subtle when it lights up. Maybe it was because I wasn't used to that mechanic, which was used in conjunction with the tricky dodging. Anyway, it's funny how another level that heavily features Spinies ended up in the top ten.

Regarding scoring, I'm surprised that there weren't any levels that got at least 100 from every judge. The closest was the 4th place level (Uwaah!! This hot springs is so hot!!), with a 110 from Sturg, 97 from Zatsu, and 100 from Rameau. The next closest was the 5th place level (Possi Swamp), with a 107 from Sturg, 94 from Zatsu, and 100 from Rameau. Also, the 1st place level "only" got a 104/120, which is 86.67%, so this is one of the lower scoring contests we've had. Might be due to a combination of rubric technicalities and averaging over three judges with very different tastes.
tirakai wrote: 2 years ago Actually I'd be curious to see stats on how many very high scores (ie over 100) the judges each gave, I'd guess something like

Zatsu - 5-10 levels
Sturg - 60+
Based on my notes, Sturg scored 31 levels at least 100 points, Zatsu 7 levels, and Rameau 12 levels. The lowest scoring entry overall that got at least 100 points was SPIKED CAKEWALK (97th place overall, 115 points from Sturg).

Speaking of Possi Swamp, that level also happened to be my Tier 12 favorite, as well as my favorite out of the entire contest. The "entering doors" thing and "avoid revealing enemies from note blocks" were some of the coolest SMBX gimmicks I've ever seen. Was this whole level vanilla except for the Spiny boss? If so, I'm very impressed. My next favorite would be SGDQ20XX. There's just something about the way it's structured and decorated that makes the setting look really cozy and lived-in. The way that the main level was broken up by little minigames was a very neat idea.

Because I forgot, here are the rest of my Tier favorites:

Tier 7: Toadlevania: Dohyo of Chronometry
Tier 8: Ghost Path
Tier 9: Anticide
Tier 10: Rockfall Mine
Tier 11: Chief Chuckster's Demeaning Dungeon
Tier X (staff/judge): The Zoomers Howl in the Mansion Foul
Tier X (auditions): Telekinetic Aquarium
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

= Level Comments =

Pollen Season: I feel like this is a decently well designed level, but unfortunately I just did not have a good time here. Most of my issues were with the first part of the level, which, combined with some extraneous circumstances, kind of put me in a bad mood for the rest of the level.

As for what my issues were, it was mostly just that I just could not get it into my head that clear pipes = danger, which resulted in me getting hit by Spinies popping out of them time and time again. It doesn't help that the pipes seem to be tinted orange/brown, which makes them not really stand out much when placed alongside orange/brown sand/dirt. There's also the fact that some of the pipes are just there for decoration, making it difficult to tell at a glance whether an individual pipe will have Spinies come out of it. Also, some of the pipes take a while to start shooting Spinies, meaning it's possible to get to them before they've actually shot any Spinies, and all too often I'd assume a pipe was just there for decoration only to get a Spiny to the face.

Fortunately, after the first checkpoint the focus of the level shifts over to Fuzzies, and Spinies coming out of pipes stops being a thing. As a result I found the middle part of this level to be pretty alright. Unfortunately that wasn't the last of my issues, as I also had issues with the very last section.

I liked the idea of being transformed into one of the giant Fuzzies seen throughout the level, but I found the way you randomly bounce around while not holding anything to be rather annoying when combined with obstacles where it would be really nice to be able to stand still (like when trying to dodge that one flying Spiny). It also doesn't help that you only have one hit during this section, meaning you have no room to make mistakes.

I kind of wish I had played better in this level, as I feel like that would have resulted in me having a better time here, but alas, when I played this I was having one of those days where I just wasn't playing well. At least raocow seemed to have a pretty good time here.

= End of Level Comments =

And with that that's all the contest levels done. Congratulations to the winners of both contests, and thanks to everyone else who made levels; I had a lot of fun playing through this contest myself. Overall I'd say all the levels of this last tier were really great, and as Enjl stated there's only a 7 point difference between the levels here. I feel like if things had been just a bit different any of these levels could have won.

I think my favourite level here, and of the entire contest, is "i accidentally uploaded a whole palace, whoops", although I feel like half of the levels in this tier were contenders. And this may not come as a surprise, but my favourite boss of the MaFAB contest is "Sophia".

FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

Congratulations Enjl on winning the contest, your prize is building and planning the entire MaGLX3 collab as staff.

No but seriously this level looks super rad, and there is so much creativity in the obstacles presented, especially those involving electricity and fuzzies. I especially loved the autoscroller and the twist ending.

And I have to say some of the other top levels could have easily contested for 1st as well. I can't judge my own level, but Windshear Aquarium was basically a completely new indie game, This Hot Springs is So Hot was arguably the best "classic SMBX" level (which I believe is actually completely vanilla!), and Possi Swamp is my personal favorite in the whole contest for its simple but creative and engaging gameplay.

Oh, and in the MaFAB2 sphere, Sophia was the obvious and clear winner there with its technology and artistic prowess.

Fantastic job, everyone.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Re: And one Fredinand Fuzzy Kingdom

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

Congrats on Enjl for winning this, you definitely deserved to at least be in this final tier in a very high placement. I think my favorite overall level might still be i accidentally uploaded a whole palace, whoops, but this level here and SGDQ20XX also compete with it on that front, and all of the levels in this tier are absolutely incredible, no ifs, ands, or buts. This is an amazing contest with an amazing conclusion. Kudos to everyone that entered a level for this contest (and kudos to me for not absolutely embarrassing myself)

THE WINNER IS: 1st place - Pollen Season: Once again, this level looks utterly gorgeous. The progression in the level feels really natural for the most part, and the music really helps with this. There's so many interesting obstacles here, and they're not trivial. But they ARE fun. The story telling here with few words is also superbly done, and the checkpoints are also well-placed.

The deepening twists made me pretty excited and invested to see the end of the level, and to tackle the last section, which is hilarious, but still a bit janky, all told. The technical work put into this level turns it from great into the winner we see here, and it deserves every bit of it. Once again, congrats to Enjl!

I will see you all tomorrow to go over the postgame, and the wonders packed in there.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
King of GETs

Post by King of GETs »

tirakai wrote: 2 years ago I guess this means there were no levels where all 3 judges gave it over 100.

Actually I'd be curious to see stats on how many very high scores (ie over 100) the judges each gave, I'd guess something like

Zatsu - 5-10 levels
Sturg - 60+
Well, I was going to post this a bit later, but now is as good of a time as any.

For those who are interested in how the judges judged things and how the tiers would have looked different if only that one judge was judging, here is a list of each of the judges and their scores. The formatting goes as follows:

[Placement]: [Points] - [Submitter]: [Level/Boss Name] ([Overall Contest Placement])

For convenience, here are the tiers:
Tier 12: Cameo City Tower of Infinity
Levels: 1st through 10th places
Bosses: 1st and 2nd places

Tier 11: Cameo City Dededancefloor
Levels: 11th through 23rd places
Bosses: 3rd and 4th places

Tier 10: Morgan's Museum of Minerals
Levels: 24th through 36th places
Bosses: 5th and 6th places

Tier 9: Underflow Thicket
Levels: 37th through 48th places
Bosses: 7th and 8th places

Tier 8: Holiday Mountains Haunted Manor
Levels: 49th through 60th places
Bosses: 9th and 10th places

Tier 7: Ninji Peaks Castle
Levels: 61st through 72nd places
Bosses: 11th and 12th places

Tier 6: Confounder Desert Geometric Ruins
Levels: 73rd through 85th places
Bosses: 13th and 14th places

Tier 5: Toy Satellite Troop Factory
Levels: 86th through 99th places
Bosses: 15th and 16th places

Tier 4: Venice, Italy
Levels: 100th through 114th places
Bosses: 17th and 18th places

Tier 3: Golden Riverpark
Levels: 115th through 129th places
Bosses: 19th and 20th places

Tier 2: Slumber Sea Abyss
Levels: 130th through 141st places
Bosses: 21st and 22nd places

Tier 1: Circus in the Diagonal Void
Levels: 142nd through 152nd places
Bosses: 23rd and 24th places
Sturg's Rankings:
LEVELS:

1st: 120 - Lunikyuu: i accidentally uploaded a whole palace, whoops (10th)
2nd: 116 - Enjl: Pollen Season (1st)
3rd: 115 - zspecter: SPIKED CAKEWALK (97th)
4th: 114 - LunarNeedle: Decrepit Bastion Of Greed (16th)
4th: 114 - Sniggerb0bble: I Always Knew I Wasn't Made For Sports (23rd)
6th: 113 - Aqualakitu: Goo Lagoon (7th)
6th: 113 - SAJewers: Demo's Magical Chase (22nd)
6th: 113 - Shinbison: Soaked Spikes Situation (8th)
9th: 112 - FrozenQuills: SGDQ20XX (3rd)
9th: 112 - Irenaiad: Ancient City of Ambera (17th)
11th: 111 - RoyKirbs: My Favorite Part About Fliprus Is Their Ability To Try To Put Out Fires With Snowballs And Fail Miserably (30th)
12th: 110 - AirShip: Uwaah!! This hot springs is so hot!!! (4th)
12th: 110 - hennyburgr: The Bridge on the Sun (6th)
14th: 109 - Darkonius Mavakar: Enormous Estuary (24th)
15th: 108 - PROX: Chief Chuckster's Demeaning Dungeon (12th)
15th: 108 - WhimWidget: Circus Longing Waddle Doo in Panoramic (53rd)
17th: 107 - Chongas: Thicc Ninji Hell (13th)
17th: 107 - MrCaves: Possi Swamp (5th)
19th: 106 - Benial: Blade Bowling (47th)
20th: 105 - Philos555: Linedancin' (31st)
20th: 105 - Quantix: A Fuzzy Feeling (34th)
20th: 105 - Zaexides: Dry Dry Dam (20th)
23rd: 104 - Phoba: The Secret of the Ship Graveyard (43rd)
23rd: 104 - SpoonyBardOL: A Peachy Odyssey at Mount Rex (26th)
25th: 103 - chridd: Mysterious Earthquakes (38th) [Sturg's Favorite Level]
25th: 103 - Rekiron: Mush's Quest for Glory (11th)
27th: 102 - Genolandia: Midnight Climb (9th)
27th: 102 - Petraheim: Anticide (44th)
29th: 101 - MonkeyShrapnel: The Time-Worn Castle of the Sea (41st)
30th: 100 - AndrewPixel: Sparkling Blowholes (27th)
30th: 100 - Kerkec: Hello! I'm one of those 'experience' levels. Come on in and let's chat a bit! (14th)
32nd: 99 - Cloth Pocket: Herbal Heights (39th)
32nd: 99 - gameguy888: Prickly Predicament (54th)
32nd: 99 - Natsu: Vertiginous Path through Whimsical Skies (21st)
35th: 98 - Core: Ghost Path (56th)
36th: 97 - Duker: Fairy Forest (50th)
36th: 97 - Space_Magnes: Rockfall Mine (28th)
38th: 96 - squp: Into The Thwamp (46th)
39th: 95 - agargara: Big Steely Power Plant (45th)
40th: 94 - Davvic: Monty Mole & Supply Co. (25th)
40th: 94 - LunarRainbowShyGuy: Deserted Dreamscape (101st)
40th: 94 - TaviTurnip: A Light in the Distance (75th)
43rd: 93 - Kapus: Taboo Treetops (55th)
43rd: 93 - Radiance: Planet 8547531036471692843971348 (33rd)
45th: 92 - Melko: Masked Cathedral (48th)
45th: 92 - zettatoad: Toadlevania: Dohyo of Chronometry (72nd)
47th: 91 - Kerocola: The Carnival in the Grass (29th)
48th: 90 - artifishal intunagence: GRRROL CONTROL (19th)
48th: 90 - FirestarPlays: Bubbling Koopas in the Natural Sky (68th)
48th: 90 - Rosiedilly: Neon Dreams (49th)
48th: 90 - Zipper: Windshear Aquarium (2nd)
52nd: 89 - 7TC7: Twilight Lighthouse (18th)
52nd: 89 - Dog In Da Grass: Pal's Moving Castle (51st)
52nd: 89 - Helucard: Sunken Temple of the Coast (15th)
52nd: 89 - SkaarjWarrior: The Evil Tree Murderer Base (36th)
56th: 88 - Rhodo: RL Vine's Goosebumpers (40th)
56th: 88 - TLtimelord: Time of the Tweeter (69th)
58th: 85 - Draex: Spaceshroom Garden (32nd)
59th: 84 - Zeus guy: Opposite Force (57th)
60th: 83 - vitzie629: Volcano Canyon (66th)
61st: 82 - Super Llama: Bounce House of Rage (73rd)
62nd: 81 - Diggertron: The Sea Serpents' Shrine (118th)
62nd: 81 - milesman34: Blazing Grindworks (67th)
62nd: 81 - Nast: Camp Pyromania (71st)
65th: 80 - Lejes: Into The Storm (70th)
65th: 80 - LolzLolzFTW: Prize of Phantasmal Peak (52nd)
65th: 80 - Sancles: The Airestaurant (103rd)
68th: 79 - bibbler: Engine Room (113th)
68th: 79 - IAmPlayer: New Underworld, Under Construction (61st)
68th: 79 - JayFamTWH: Mario's Fire-Flurry Rave (95th)
68th: 79 - Mild Euphoria: Fiery Ghost House (64th)
72nd: 78 - FourteenthOrder: Let's Think About Water and Rex Part II (35th)
72nd: 78 - goSciu: Abandoned Fortress (106th)
72nd: 78 - SirSins: Mad Stone Castle (90th)
75th: 77 - bubbyboytoo: Global Warring (80th)
75th: 77 - Ignoritus: Beware the Tiki Curse (62nd)
75th: 77 - Slimeman01: Boo-ze Adventure (60th)
75th: 77 - StarKnight: Tempestuous Reservoir (58th)
79th: 76 - Cuboid: Test Level (74th)
79th: 76 - MECHDRAGON777: Dimension Conversion Factory (37th)
79th: 76 - Snowy_Desert: mangamario (78th)
82nd: 75 - Eternal Fireseal: Subtitle (122nd)
82nd: 75 - Sam Deluxe: Facility in the Far North (88th)
84th: 74 - Mosaic: Pansear Zone (89th)
85th: 73 - WestonSmith: Touchdown! (83rd)
85th: 73 - WhimsiKarren: Shy Guy Fuel (93rd)
87th: 72 - Kayhem Maus: Virtual Dungeon Insanity (59th)
87th: 72 - Kleetus: Burning Beach (82nd)
87th: 72 - Trotim: Defrost Dessert (76th)
90th: 71 - Lockirby2: Climbing Time (77th)
90th: 71 - Zygl: Green T. (102nd)
92nd: 70 - kumuhmuh: Bloop TV (63rd)
93rd: 69 - Joseph Staleknight: Let's Clean a Snowglobe (65th)
94th: 68 - Chiko: Sabotage the enemy submarine! (87th)
94th: 68 - Veruchai: Fissure at Voilet Falls (104th)
96th: 67 - Penguinator44: Lord Chuckington's Mine (114th)
97th: 66 - Nimono: The Great Bank Heist (85th)
98th: 65 - Doctor Block: Madden 666 AD (98th)
99th: 64 - Wookywok: Volcanic Gardens (92nd)
100th: 63 - castlepokemetroid: Boney Beetle and Fighterfly's Deviant Underground (105th)
100th: 63 - memnarch: Bridge Crossing (133rd)
102nd: 62 - Cato: Toad's Rebellion In The Cityscrape (79th)
103nd: 61 - Windslash: The Secret of Hotel Magikoopa (86th)
104th: 60 - Niv: Poised Pokey's Treehouse Maze (119th)
104th: 60 - TheTrueMarioMaster: Tightfisted Temple (141st)
106th: 59 - cooldog: Demonic Gathering 2 (135th)
106th: 59 - Ivy: assortedMaddeningPokeyGreenhouse (131st)
106th: 59 - King of GETs: Mugetsu's Monotonous Mansion (130th)
109th: 58 - kingsaver44: Bowser's Underground Base (84th)
109th: 58 - Zephyr Dragon Lord: Secretive Spectre Stadium (126th)
111th: 57 - Catabo: fate of the arthropods (99th)
112th: 56 - BabyPinkSnail: Frozen Sushi Scavenge (107th)
112th: 56 - Cosmic Crown: Mold Digger (121st)
112th: 56 - FluffyMeatloaf: Sunbathing (42nd)
112th: 56 - litchh: Terrifying Orb in the Night Sky (111th)
112th: 56 - raekuul: Wiggly Weed Marsh (128th)
117th: 55 - KaiClavier: The Abandoned Factory (100th)
117th: 55 - Sopharia: Grand Ascent Through Time, a Lighthouse and Anger Management (127th)
119th: 54 - Chirei: Lava Laboratory (81st)
119th: 54 - Ness-Wednesday: Cheepy and the Cheepfeesh (110th)
121st: 53 - Leet: Structure that Pierces the Sky (138th)
121st: 53 - Mabel: Late Carnivale (116th)
121st: 53 - palrumia: HOT! Danger Desert (91st)
121st: 53 - Timothy Simmons: Beetlebelle Harbour (132nd)
125th: 52 - Giry: Sawmill Sightseeing (124th)
125th: 52 - Redscale: Shyspring Street's Acceptable County Fair (115th)
127th: 51 - Antiginger: Jump Party (94th)
127th: 51 - Super Maks 64: Bowser's Ultimate Armada (120th)
129th: 50 - acrowdofpeople: Mole Work Site (96th)
129th: 50 - Lolbarr: Boom Boom's Concern of the Bot Population is Ill and Overbearing (125th)
129th: 50 - MetroSubwayAndroid: Captain Wiggly's Airborne Car Wash (137th)
129th: 50 - TowerZ: The Wreck of the S.S. Lakitu (109th)
133rd: 49 - deice: squarsh (117th) [Sturg's Least Favorite Level]
133rd: 49 - Dragondraikk: Freezy Carnival (112th)
133rd: 49 - noterday: Warm Level (108th)
133rd: 49 - Zarcyne1: Gloom Lagoon (143rd)
137th: 48 - Septentrion Pleiades: These Are Shy Guys (136th)
138th: 42 - Papyrus Semi: Ponty Mython and the Grrroly Hail (140th)
139th: 40 - Doctor Novakaine: Butwhythe Volcano (134th)
140th: 38 - Utsi: Too Many Rivers 2: Lakitu's Frosty Revenge (142nd)
141st: 37 - tangy: Vacation Ruined (129th)
142nd: 35 - Scroll: The Frozen Dimensions (139th)
143rd: 32 - Mikkofier: Gamy means pertaining to games, right? (123rd)
144th: 29 - Fawriel: A Place Further Than Mario Galaxy (144th)
145th: 22 - Sir Chasm: A Familial Meltdown (148th)
146th: 21 - Sedron: Hell (150th)
147th: 20 - SkyblueCyCloud: Nostalgic Venomous Rainforest (145th)
148th: 19 - Vinvinaid: Transistasis (151st)
149th: 18 - Max Flower: Trash Level (149th)
150th: 16 - T Money: Lazily-Made Lagoon (147th)
151st: 13 - TrumpetZorua: Malicious Militial Madness (146th)
152nd: 8 - computerfan0: kamirex blast (152nd)

BOSSES:

1st: 30 - Team Scope Creep (Rixithechao + Chaoxys): Sophia (1st)
2nd: 28 - Zaexides: Motor Problems (3rd) [Sturg's Favorite Boss]
3rd: 24 - Rednaxela: Val's Valiant Chase (5th)
4th: 23 - Cloaytonem2: Professor Largemustache (2nd)
5th: 22 - Windslash: Broadsword & Boon (feat. Marin from Variety of Chance!) (New Yoshi Mode!) (20% more Peach!) (9th)
6th: 21 - Dog In Da Grass: Baby's 1st Boss (4th)
7th: 19 - chridd: Copycat (10th)
7th: 19 - FrozenQuills: l l (7th)
7th: 19 - SpoonyBardOL: Mega Mole Miner (8th)
10th: 18 - FourteenthOrder: Capital Clash (11th)
10th: 18 - S1eth: VR Mission (16th)
12th: 17 - ano0maly: Sisters' Symphony (12th)
12th: 17 - LunarRainbowShyGuy: Doctor Wily's Puzzling Trap (6th)
14th: 15 - Sancles: Chase The Moon (13th)
15th: 14 - Super Maks 64: You can't say that they're overused if they're new to the devkit. (21st)
16th: 13 - FluffyMeatloaf: Extreme Dentistry (14th)
17th: 11 - Mabel: Elite Training Floor B1 (20th)
18th: 9 - Nimono: The Greatest Hits (17th)
19th: 8 - acrowdofpeople: Desert Reign Frog (19th)
19th: 8 - MECHDRAGON777: Fiery Permafrost (23rd)
21st: 7 - Kayhem Maus: Sacrifice Play (15th)
22nd: 6 - King of GETs: Mind Over Matter (18th) [Sturg's Least Favorite Boss]
23rd: 5 - computerfan0: Boom Shell Bell Shoom (22nd)
24th: 4 - Mosaic: Boss Bot Blue(MaFAB2 Edition) (24th)
Zatsupachi's Rankings:
LEVELS:

1st: 114 - Zipper: Windshear Aquarium (2nd) [Zatsupachi's Favorite Level]
2nd: 113 - Rekiron: Mush's Quest for Glory (11th)
3rd: 109 - LunarNeedle: Decrepit Bastion Of Greed (16th)
4th: 106 - Helucard: Sunken Temple of the Coast (15th)
5th: 105 - hennyburgr: The Bridge on the Sun (6th)
6th: 104 - 7TC7: Twilight Lighthouse (18th)
7th: 100 - PROX: Chief Chuckster's Demeaning Dungeon (12th)
8th: 98 - IAmPlayer: New Underworld, Under Construction (61st)
9th: 97 - AirShip: Uwaah!! This hot springs is so hot!!! (4th)
9th: 97 - SkaarjWarrior: The Evil Tree Murderer Base (36th)
11th: 96 - Zaexides: Dry Dry Dam (20th)
12th: 95 - Davvic: Monty Mole & Supply Co. (25th)
12th: 95 - Lunikyuu: i accidentally uploaded a whole palace, whoops (10th)
14th: 94 - Core: Ghost Path (56th)
14th: 94 - MrCaves: Possi Swamp (5th)
16th: 93 - Antiginger: Jump Party (94th)
16th: 93 - Chongas: Thicc Ninji Hell (13th)
18th: 92 - kingsaver44: Bowser's Underground Base (84th)
19th: 89 - Kerkec: Hello! I'm one of those 'experience' levels. Come on in and let's chat a bit! (14th)
20th: 87 - FourteenthOrder: Let's Think About Water and Rex Part II (35th)
21st: 86 - Space_Magnes: Rockfall Mine (28th)
22nd: 85 - Natsu: Vertiginous Path through Whimsical Skies (21st)
22nd: 85 - Philos555: Linedancin' (31st)
24th: 84 - artifishal intunagence: GRRROL CONTROL (19th)
24th: 84 - Irenaiad: Ancient City of Ambera (17th)
24th: 84 - Melko: Masked Cathedral (48th)
27th: 83 - FrozenQuills: SGDQ20XX (3rd)
27th: 83 - MECHDRAGON777: Dimension Conversion Factory (37th)
27th: 83 - Shinbison: Soaked Spikes Situation (8th)
27th: 83 - SpoonyBardOL: A Peachy Odyssey at Mount Rex (26th)
31st: 82 - Genolandia: Midnight Climb (9th)
31st: 82 - Kerocola: The Carnival in the Grass (29th)
31st: 82 - SAJewers: Demo's Magical Chase (22nd)
34th: 81 - AndrewPixel: Sparkling Blowholes (27th)
34th: 81 - Kapus: Taboo Treetops (55th)
34th: 81 - Nast: Camp Pyromania (71st)
34th: 81 - Ness-Wednesday: Cheepy and the Cheepfeesh (110th)
38th: 79 - Enjl: Pollen Season (1st)
38th: 79 - FluffyMeatloaf: Sunbathing (42nd)
38th: 79 - Snowy_Desert: mangamario (78th)
38th: 79 - Veruchai: Fissure at Voilet Falls (104th)
42nd: 78 - Chiko: Sabotage the enemy submarine! (87th)
43rd: 77 - MonkeyShrapnel: The Time-Worn Castle of the Sea (41st)
43rd: 77 - Nimono: The Great Bank Heist (85th)
45th: 76 - Darkonius Mavakar: Enormous Estuary (24th)
46th: 75 - Aqualakitu: Goo Lagoon (7th)
46th: 75 - gameguy888: Prickly Predicament (54th)
46th: 75 - Mosaic: Pansear Zone (89th)
46th: 75 - Slimeman01: Boo-ze Adventure (60th)
46th: 75 - TowerZ: The Wreck of the S.S. Lakitu (109th)
51st: 74 - Cato: Toad's Rebellion In The Cityscrape (79th)
51st: 74 - Cuboid: Test Level (74th)
51st: 74 - Phoba: The Secret of the Ship Graveyard (43rd)
51st: 74 - Rhodo: RL Vine's Goosebumpers (40th)
55th: 73 - Lejes: Into The Storm (70th)
55th: 73 - Radiance: Planet 8547531036471692843971348 (33rd)
55th: 73 - Sniggerb0bble: I Always Knew I Wasn't Made For Sports (23rd)
58th: 72 - Mikkofier: Gamy means pertaining to games, right? (123rd)
58th: 72 - TaviTurnip: A Light in the Distance (75th)
60th: 71 - Cloth Pocket: Herbal Heights (39th)
60th: 71 - Draex: Spaceshroom Garden (32nd)
62nd: 70 - FirestarPlays: Bubbling Koopas in the Natural Sky (68th)
62nd: 70 - Joseph Staleknight: Let's Clean a Snowglobe (65th)
64th: 69 - zettatoad: Toadlevania: Dohyo of Chronometry (72nd)
65th: 68 - Rosiedilly: Neon Dreams (49th)
65th: 68 - RoyKirbs: My Favorite Part About Fliprus Is Their Ability To Try To Put Out Fires With Snowballs And Fail Miserably (30th)
67th: 67 - Duker: Fairy Forest (50th)
67th: 67 - Petraheim: Anticide (44th)
67th: 67 - Quantix: A Fuzzy Feeling (34th)
67th: 67 - squp: Into The Thwamp (46th)
67th: 67 - StarKnight: Tempestuous Reservoir (58th)
67th: 67 - TLtimelord: Time of the Tweeter (69th)
73rd: 66 - milesman34: Blazing Grindworks (67th)
73rd: 66 - vitzie629: Volcano Canyon (66th)
75th: 65 - Chirei: Lava Laboratory (81st)
75th: 65 - KaiClavier: The Abandoned Factory (100th)
77th: 64 - chridd: Mysterious Earthquakes (38th)
77th: 64 - Windslash: The Secret of Hotel Magikoopa (86th)
79th: 63 - agargara: Big Steely Power Plant (45th)
79th: 63 - LolzLolzFTW: Prize of Phantasmal Peak (52nd)
81st: 62 - Redscale: Shyspring Street's Acceptable County Fair (115th)
82nd: 61 - Super Llama: Bounce House of Rage (73rd)
83rd: 60 - Kleetus: Burning Beach (82nd)
83rd: 60 - Trotim: Defrost Dessert (76th)
83rd: 60 - WhimsiKarren: Shy Guy Fuel (93rd)
86th: 59 - Doctor Block: Madden 666 AD (98th)
86th: 59 - JayFamTWH: Mario's Fire-Flurry Rave (95th)
86th: 59 - palrumia: HOT! Danger Desert (91st)
89th: 58 - bubbyboytoo: Global Warring (80th)
89th: 58 - Sam Deluxe: Facility in the Far North (88th)
89th: 58 - WestonSmith: Touchdown! (83rd)
92nd: 57 - Lockirby2: Climbing Time (77th)
92nd: 57 - Super Maks 64: Bowser's Ultimate Armada (120th)
94th: 56 - castlepokemetroid: Boney Beetle and Fighterfly's Deviant Underground (105th)
94th: 56 - Kayhem Maus: Virtual Dungeon Insanity (59th)
96th: 55 - bibbler: Engine Room (113th)
96th: 55 - Diggertron: The Sea Serpents' Shrine (118th)
96th: 55 - Mild Euphoria: Fiery Ghost House (64th)
96th: 55 - Wookywok: Volcanic Gardens (92nd)
96th: 55 - Zeus guy: Opposite Force (57th)
101st: 54 - Dragondraikk: Freezy Carnival (112th)
101st: 54 - Ignoritus: Beware the Tiki Curse (62nd)
101st: 54 - Niv: Poised Pokey's Treehouse Maze (119th)
104th: 53 - deice: squarsh (117th)
105th: 52 - Mabel: Late Carnivale (116th)
106th: 50 - Cosmic Crown: Mold Digger (121st)
106th: 50 - goSciu: Abandoned Fortress (106th)
106th: 50 - Lolbarr: Boom Boom's Concern of the Bot Population is Ill and Overbearing (125th)
106th: 50 - SirSins: Mad Stone Castle (90th)
110th: 49 - Benial: Blade Bowling (47th)
110th: 49 - Catabo: fate of the arthropods (99th)
112th: 47 - LunarRainbowShyGuy: Deserted Dreamscape (101st)
113th: 46 - Penguinator44: Lord Chuckington's Mine (114th)
114th: 45 - acrowdofpeople: Mole Work Site (96th)
114th: 45 - Giry: Sawmill Sightseeing (124th)
114th: 45 - Scroll: The Frozen Dimensions (139th)
117th: 44 - Doctor Novakaine: Butwhythe Volcano (134th)
117th: 44 - kumuhmuh: Bloop TV (63rd)
119th: 42 - BabyPinkSnail: Frozen Sushi Scavenge (107th)
119th: 42 - Sancles: The Airestaurant (103rd)
119th: 42 - Septentrion Pleiades: These Are Shy Guys (136th)
119th: 42 - Timothy Simmons: Beetlebelle Harbour (132nd)
123rd: 41 - Zygl: Green T. (102nd)
124th: 40 - TheTrueMarioMaster: Tightfisted Temple (141st)
125th: 39 - Sopharia: Grand Ascent Through Time, a Lighthouse and Anger Management (127th)
126th: 37 - MetroSubwayAndroid: Captain Wiggly's Airborne Car Wash (137th)
127th: 36 - tangy: Vacation Ruined (129th)
128th: 35 - noterday: Warm Level (108th)
129th: 34 - Ivy: assortedMaddeningPokeyGreenhouse (131st)
129th: 34 - Zephyr Dragon Lord: Secretive Spectre Stadium (126th)
131st: 33 - litchh: Terrifying Orb in the Night Sky (111th)
131st: 33 - SkyblueCyCloud: Nostalgic Venomous Rainforest (145th)
133rd: 32 - Dog In Da Grass: Pal's Moving Castle (51st)
133rd: 32 - raekuul: Wiggly Weed Marsh (128th)
135th: 31 - Leet: Structure that Pierces the Sky (138th)
136th: 30 - Eternal Fireseal: Subtitle (122nd)
136th: 30 - Papyrus Semi: Ponty Mython and the Grrroly Hail (140th)
136th: 30 - Utsi: Too Many Rivers 2: Lakitu's Frosty Revenge (142nd)
136th: 30 - WhimWidget: Circus Longing Waddle Doo in Panoramic (53rd)
140th: 28 - King of GETs: Mugetsu's Monotonous Mansion (130th) [Zatsupachi's Least Favorite Level]
141st: 27 - Zarcyne1: Gloom Lagoon (143rd)
142nd: 26 - zspecter: SPIKED CAKEWALK (97th)
143rd: 25 - memnarch: Bridge Crossing (133rd)
144th: 18 - cooldog: Demonic Gathering 2 (135th)
145th: 17 - TrumpetZorua: Malicious Militial Madness (146th)
146th: 14 - Fawriel: A Place Further Than Mario Galaxy (144th)
147th: 12 - T Money: Lazily-Made Lagoon (147th)
147th: 12 - Sir Chasm: A Familial Meltdown (148th)
149th: 9 - Vinvinaid: Transistasis (151st)
150th: 6 - Max Flower: Trash Level (149th)
151st: 5 - computerfan0: kamirex blast (152nd)
152nd: 1 - Sedron: Hell (150th)

BOSSES:

1st: 27 - Team Scope Creep (Rixithechao + Chaoxys): Sophia (1st) [Zatsupachi's Favorite Boss]
2nd: 25 - Windslash: Broadsword & Boon (feat. Marin from Variety of Chance!) (New Yoshi Mode!) (20% more Peach!) (9th)
3rd: 23 - FluffyMeatloaf: Extreme Dentistry (14th)
4th: 22 - ano0maly: Sisters' Symphony (12th)
4th: 22 - Cloaytonem2: Professor Largemustache (2nd)
6th: 21 - FrozenQuills: l l (7th)
7th: 20 - LunarRainbowShyGuy: Doctor Wily's Puzzling Trap (6th)
8th: 19 - chridd: Copycat (10th)
8th: 19 - SpoonyBardOL: Mega Mole Miner (8th)
10th: 18 - Dog In Da Grass: Baby's 1st Boss (4th)
10th: 18 - Kayhem Maus: Sacrifice Play (15th)
12th: 17 - FourteenthOrder: Capital Clash (11th)
12th: 17 - Sancles: Chase The Moon (13th)
14th: 16 - Rednaxela: Val's Valiant Chase (5th)
15th: 15 - Zaexides: Motor Problems (3rd)
16th: 14 - S1eth: VR Mission (16th)
17th: 13 - acrowdofpeople: Desert Reign Frog (19th)
18th: 12 - King of GETs: Mind Over Matter (18th)
19th: 9 - Mosaic: Boss Bot Blue(MaFAB2 Edition) (24th)
20th: 8 - Nimono: The Greatest Hits (17th)
21st: 7 - computerfan0: Boom Shell Bell Shoom (22nd)
22nd: 6 - Mabel: Elite Training Floor B1 (20th)
23rd: 4 - Super Maks 64: You can't say that they're overused if they're new to the devkit. (21st) [Zatsupachi's Least Favorite Boss]
24th: 3 - MECHDRAGON777: Fiery Permafrost (23rd)
Rameau's Rankings:
LEVELS:

1st: 117 - Enjl: Pollen Season (1st)
2nd: 113 - FrozenQuills: SGDQ20XX (3rd)
3rd: 111 - Dog In Da Grass: Pal's Moving Castle (51st)
4th: 109 - FluffyMeatloaf: Sunbathing (42nd) [Rameau's Favorite Level]
5th: 108 - Aqualakitu: Goo Lagoon (7th)
6th: 107 - artifishal intunagence: GRRROL CONTROL (19th)
6th: 107 - Genolandia: Midnight Climb (9th)
8th: 105 - Zipper: Windshear Aquarium (2nd)
9th: 103 - kumuhmuh: Bloop TV (63rd)
10th: 102 - Draex: Spaceshroom Garden (32nd)
11th: 100 - AirShip: Uwaah!! This hot springs is so hot!!! (4th)
11th: 100 - MrCaves: Possi Swamp (5th)
13th: 99 - Kerkec: Hello! I'm one of those 'experience' levels. Come on in and let's chat a bit! (14th)
13th: 99 - Shinbison: Soaked Spikes Situation (8th)
15th: 94 - WhimWidget: Circus Longing Waddle Doo in Panoramic (53rd)
16th: 93 - Kayhem Maus: Virtual Dungeon Insanity (59th)
17th: 92 - Natsu: Vertiginous Path through Whimsical Skies (21st)
18th: 91 - Helucard: Sunken Temple of the Coast (15th)
19th: 90 - MECHDRAGON777: Dimension Conversion Factory (37th)
20th: 89 - Chongas: Thicc Ninji Hell (13th)
20th: 89 - LolzLolzFTW: Prize of Phantasmal Peak (52nd)
20th: 89 - Radiance: Planet 8547531036471692843971348 (33rd)
23rd: 88 - 7TC7: Twilight Lighthouse (18th)
23rd: 88 - acrowdofpeople: Mole Work Site (96th)
25th: 87 - Irenaiad: Ancient City of Ambera (17th)
25th: 87 - Kerocola: The Carnival in the Grass (29th)
27th: 86 - FourteenthOrder: Let's Think About Water and Rex Part II (35th)
27th: 86 - Ignoritus: Beware the Tiki Curse (62nd)
29th: 85 - Darkonius Mavakar: Enormous Estuary (24th)
29th:85 - Zeus guy: Opposite Force (57th)
31st: 84 - Rhodo: RL Vine's Goosebumpers (40th)
31st: 84 - Sniggerb0bble: I Always Knew I Wasn't Made For Sports (23rd)
33rd: 83 - hennyburgr: The Bridge on the Sun (6th)
34th: 82 - AndrewPixel: Sparkling Blowholes (27th)
34th: 82 - Mild Euphoria: Fiery Ghost House (64th)
34th: 82 - noterday: Warm Level (108th)
37th: 81 - chridd: Mysterious Earthquakes (38th)
37th: 81 - PROX: Chief Chuckster's Demeaning Dungeon (12th)
39th: 80 - Benial: Blade Bowling (47th)
39th: 80 - Davvic: Monty Mole & Supply Co. (25th)
39th: 80 - RoyKirbs: My Favorite Part About Fliprus Is Their Ability To Try To Put Out Fires With Snowballs And Fail Miserably (30th)
39th: 80 - squp: Into The Thwamp (46th)
43rd: 79 - agargara: Big Steely Power Plant (45th)
43rd: 79 - Quantix: A Fuzzy Feeling (34th)
45th: 78 - Chirei: Lava Laboratory (81st)
45th: 78 - Lockirby2: Climbing Time (77th)
45th: 78 - SAJewers: Demo's Magical Chase (22nd)
45th: 78 - Space_Magnes: Rockfall Mine (28th)
45th: 78 - StarKnight: Tempestuous Reservoir (58th)
50th: 77 - Cloth Pocket: Herbal Heights (39th)
50th: 77 - SpoonyBardOL: A Peachy Odyssey at Mount Rex (26th)
52nd: 76 - Lunikyuu: i accidentally uploaded a whole palace, whoops (10th)
52nd: 76 - Rosiedilly: Neon Dreams (49th)
54th: 75 - Joseph Staleknight: Let's Clean a Snowglobe (65th)
54th: 75 - litchh: Terrifying Orb in the Night Sky (111th)
54th: 75 - palrumia: HOT! Danger Desert (91st)
54th: 75 - Zaexides: Dry Dry Dam (20th)
58th: 74 - Rekiron: Mush's Quest for Glory (11th)
58th: 74 - Trotim: Defrost Dessert (76th)
60th: 72 - Catabo: fate of the arthropods (99th)
60th: 72 - Petraheim: Anticide (44th)
62nd: 70 - BabyPinkSnail: Frozen Sushi Scavenge (107th)
62nd: 70 - Duker: Fairy Forest (50th)
64th: 69 - Philos555: Linedancin' (31st)
64th: 69 - Slimeman01: Boo-ze Adventure (60th)
64th: 69 - Windslash: The Secret of Hotel Magikoopa (86th)
67th: 67 - Cato: Toad's Rebellion In The Cityscrape (79th)
68th: 66 - milesman34: Blazing Grindworks (67th)
68th: 66 - MonkeyShrapnel: The Time-Worn Castle of the Sea (41st)
68th: 66 - Wookywok: Volcanic Gardens (92nd)
68th: 66 - Zygl: Green T. (102nd)
72nd: 65 - Super Llama: Bounce House of Rage (73rd)
72nd: 65 - vitzie629: Volcano Canyon (66th)
72nd: 65 - WestonSmith: Touchdown! (83rd)
75th: 64 - Kleetus: Burning Beach (82nd)
76th: 63 - bubbyboytoo: Global Warring (80th)
76th: 63 - LunarNeedle: Decrepit Bastion Of Greed (16th)
76th: 63 - Phoba: The Secret of the Ship Graveyard (43rd)
76th: 63 - SkaarjWarrior: The Evil Tree Murderer Base (36th)
80th: 61 - Dragondraikk: Freezy Carnival (112th)
80th: 61 - SirSins: Mad Stone Castle (90th)
80th: 61 - tangy: Vacation Ruined (129th)
83rd: 59 - deice: squarsh (117th)
84th: 58 - Cuboid: Test Level (74th)
84th: 58 - gameguy888: Prickly Predicament (54th)
84th: 58 - KaiClavier: The Abandoned Factory (100th)
84th: 58 - Kapus: Taboo Treetops (55th)
84th: 58 - Lejes: Into The Storm (70th)
84th: 58 - Melko: Masked Cathedral (48th)
90th: 57 - Doctor Block: Madden 666 AD (98th)
90th: 57 - Mabel: Late Carnivale (116th)
90th: 57 - Sam Deluxe: Facility in the Far North (88th)
90th: 57 - TLtimelord: Time of the Tweeter (69th)
94th: 56 - castlepokemetroid: Boney Beetle and Fighterfly's Deviant Underground (105th)
95th: 54 - Sancles: The Airestaurant (103rd)
96th: 52 - cooldog: Demonic Gathering 2 (135th)
96th: 52 - FirestarPlays: Bubbling Koopas in the Natural Sky (68th)
96th: 52 - WhimsiKarren: Shy Guy Fuel (93rd)
99th: 51 - Nimono: The Great Bank Heist (85th)
100th: 50 - Penguinator44: Lord Chuckington's Mine (114th)
100th: 50 - raekuul: Wiggly Weed Marsh (128th)
100th: 50 - Snowy_Desert: mangamario (78th)
103rd: 49 - zettatoad: Toadlevania: Dohyo of Chronometry (72nd)
104th: 48 - Chiko: Sabotage the enemy submarine! (87th)
104th: 48 - Nast: Camp Pyromania (71st)
104th: 48 - Redscale: Shyspring Street's Acceptable County Fair (115th)
104th: 48 - Zephyr Dragon Lord: Secretive Spectre Stadium (126th)
108th: 47 - Giry: Sawmill Sightseeing (124th)
108th: 47 - King of GETs: Mugetsu's Monotonous Mansion (130th)
108th: 47 - Super Maks 64: Bowser's Ultimate Armada (120th)
111th: 46 - JayFamTWH: Mario's Fire-Flurry Rave (95th)
112th: 45 - Doctor Novakaine: Butwhythe Volcano (134th)
112th: 45 - kingsaver44: Bowser's Underground Base (84th)
112th: 45 - Niv: Poised Pokey's Treehouse Maze (119th)
112th: 45 - Sopharia: Grand Ascent Through Time, a Lighthouse and Anger Management (127th)
116th: 44 - memnarch: Bridge Crossing (133rd)
117th: 43 - Cosmic Crown: Mold Digger (121st)
117th: 43 - Lolbarr: Boom Boom's Concern of the Bot Population is Ill and Overbearing (125th)
117th: 43 - Scroll: The Frozen Dimensions (139th)
120th: 42 - Eternal Fireseal: Subtitle (122nd)
120th: 42 - goSciu: Abandoned Fortress (106th)
120th: 42 - Mikkofier: Gamy means pertaining to games, right? (123rd)
120th: 42 - Papyrus Semi: Ponty Mython and the Grrroly Hail (140th)
120th: 42 - zspecter: SPIKED CAKEWALK (97th)
125th: 41 - Antiginger: Jump Party (94th)
125th: 41 - IAmPlayer: New Underworld, Under Construction (61st)
125th: 41 - Ivy: assortedMaddeningPokeyGreenhouse (131st)
125th: 41 - Mosaic: Pansear Zone (89th)
125th: 41 - TaviTurnip: A Light in the Distance (75th)
130th: 40 - Fawriel: A Place Further Than Mario Galaxy (144th)
130th: 40 - TowerZ: The Wreck of the S.S. Lakitu (109th)
132nd: 37 - LunarRainbowShyGuy: Deserted Dreamscape (101st)
132nd: 37 - Timothy Simmons: Beetlebelle Harbour (132nd)
134th: 36 - Utsi: Too Many Rivers 2: Lakitu's Frosty Revenge (142nd)
135th: 35 - Leet: Structure that Pierces the Sky (138th)
136th: 34 - Core: Ghost Path (56th)
136th: 34 - Septentrion Pleiades: These Are Shy Guys (136th)
138th: 33 - MetroSubwayAndroid: Captain Wiggly's Airborne Car Wash (137th)
139th: 30 - bibbler: Engine Room (113th)
139th: 30 - Ness-Wednesday: Cheepy and the Cheepfeesh (110th)
141st: 29 - Veruchai: Fissure at Voilet Falls (104th)
142nd: 28 - SkyblueCyCloud: Nostalgic Venomous Rainforest (145th)
143rd: 23 - Diggertron: The Sea Serpents' Shrine (118th)
144th: 21 - Zarcyne1: Gloom Lagoon (143rd)
145th: 19 - TrumpetZorua: Malicious Militial Madness (146th)
146th: 18 - T Money: Lazily-Made Lagoon (147th)
147th: 16 - Max Flower: Trash Level (149th)
148th: 13 - Sedron: Hell (150th)
149th: 11 - TheTrueMarioMaster: Tightfisted Temple (141st) [Rameau's Least Favorite Level]
150th: 9 - Sir Chasm: A Familial Meltdown (148th)
151st: 7 - computerfan0: kamirex blast (152nd)
152nd: 2 - Vinvinaid: Transistasis (151st)

BOSSES:

1st: 30 - Team Scope Creep (Rixithechao + Chaoxys): Sophia (1st)
2nd: 24 - Cloaytonem2: Professor Largemustache (2nd)
3rd: 23 - Dog In Da Grass: Baby's 1st Boss (4th) [Rameau's Favorite Boss]
4th: 22 - LunarRainbowShyGuy: Doctor Wily's Puzzling Trap (6th)
4th: 22 - Rednaxela: Val's Valiant Chase (5th)
6th: 20 - Zaexides: Motor Problems (3rd)
7th: 19 - FourteenthOrder: Capital Clash (11th)
7th: 19 - SpoonyBardOL: Mega Mole Miner (8th)
9th: 17 - chridd: Copycat (10th)
9th: 17 - FrozenQuills: l l (7th)
11th: 15 - Nimono: The Greatest Hits (17th)
12th: 14 - Sancles: Chase The Moon (13th)
13th: 13 - King of GETs: Mind Over Matter (18th)
14th: 12 - Kayhem Maus: Sacrifice Play (15th)
15th: 9 - FluffyMeatloaf: Extreme Dentistry (14th)
15th: 9 - Mabel: Elite Training Floor B1 (20th)
15th: 9 - ano0maly: Sisters' Symphony (12th)
18th: 8 - MECHDRAGON777: Fiery Permafrost (23rd)
18th: 8 - Super Maks 64: You can't say that they're overused if they're new to the devkit. (21st)
18th: 8 - Windslash: Broadsword & Boon (feat. Marin from Variety of Chance!) (New Yoshi Mode!) (20% more Peach!) (9th) [Rameau's Least Favorite Boss]
21st: 7 - computerfan0: Boom Shell Bell Shoom (22nd)
22nd: 6 - acrowdofpeople: Desert Reign Frog (19th)
23rd: 5 - Mosaic: Boss Bot Blue(MaFAB2 Edition) (24th)
24th: 3 - S1eth: VR Mission (16th)
If you see any errors in the above lists, please let me know.
Zatsupachi
Queen of Flaming Mechanical Bees

Re: *X3 WINNER CONGRATS TO ENJL* the one with the seasonal allergies

Post by Zatsupachi »

Should I provide y'all my google sheet? It has... stuff. (I'll edit this if anyone's interested.)
The [Death] of Jokes.
Youtube: dracmeister
Moddb: precision_bomber

Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

Congrats to Enjl! That was a neat level.

All of the top tier was so fantastic, and I really agree with Enjl's comment that this is just one possible timeline of rankings in a way. It would have only taken the smallest different figurative "random seed" in the how judges' days were going for the entire upper ranks to be reshuffled. Many close total scores really, given the varying spreads in individual scores.

Now, we will get to see what X-12 has in store :slow:

Also, here are some fun stats about levels in the main contest that only allowed one character:
76 levels that are Mario-exclusive, naturally
15 levels that are Toad-exclusive
9 levels that are Luigi-exclusive
5 levels that are Wario-exclusive
4 levels that are Klonoa-exclusive
3 levels that are Peach-exclusive
1 level that is Broardsword-exclusive (but resprited as a witch)
1 level that is Link-exclusive (but it's extensively modified into a touhou)
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

That Sturg's 3rd-highest score was 97th overall is fascinating (and also provided one of many memorable moments in the LP).

My favorite levels were probably the Grrroletariat level (19th place - artifishal intunagence) and the Experience level (14th place - Kerkec). There were a lot of good levels, but those both had cool narrative ideas that i thought were presented in really neat ways that stuck out to me.

OST tracks:

Sturg gave out image packets to the hub music composers to use as inspiration. Here are the images i used for these:
Venice, Italy (Tier 4):

Morgan's Museum of Minerals (Tier 10):
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

kitikami wrote: 2 years agoSturg gave out image packets to the hub music composers to use as inspiration. Here are the images i used for these:
Venice, Italy (Tier 4):

Morgan's Museum of Minerals (Tier 10):
What I find real neat about this aspect, is it's my understanding that the songs then went on to be used as inspiration for the different hub regions, with the hub designers unaware of the images that inspired the songs. Could think of it as a game of inspirational telephone of sorts.
Emral
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/

Post by Emral »

Post-sleep comment:
Thank you for all the kind words, both here and in the youtube comments :calleoca:
I'm really glad that the level is well-received overall. For me, it's a bit of a design style I have since moved on from, so I don't regard it quite as highly as I used to. Nowadays, my levels vibe much more with the chaotic style of levels like "EZ Train", "Grampus Hamlet" or "Funky Area" from Subzero Heroes. Though my favourite level I've made is one that's currently in SLAM purgatory. I hope I'll get to see that in public someday, too.

I don't make a lot of levels these days in SMBX, having largely moved towards a management position for SMBX, and making other things outside of SMBX creatively instead. So if it comes to a MAGLX4, I might not even participate at all.
However, having picked up the slack on music making this year, I will keep my eye on any OST contribution shenanigans in the future, and maybe even keep an eye out for judge applications, should I be daring enough when the time comes. :catplanet2:

Once again, as we're approaching the end, I'd like to reiterate on a couple of things:
- Thank you all for participating AND/OR being along for the ride! This certainly was quite the cursed contest, through more factors than any of us could have anticipated. Despite the ludicruous amount of delays, I'm really glad everyone was still ready to make a level, what, 2 years after judge applications/announcements? And then everyone still excitedly anticipated the results once we were nearing the start of the LP. That's dedication! And here's to future contests not falling into the same hell. Hopefully the lua framework we've build will be useful for contest episode management going forward, too.
- Thank you to Sturg for powering through as the host throughout these wild times, adapting to everything without giving up while aiming to make everyone happy in the end. Take a break, yo!
- Thank you to the rest of the HUB team, especially Whim to whom I've been a bit of an antagonist at times in my mania of getting the game done fast this year (8 months in... scope creep is real). The amount of love poured into the episode is not to be understated, and it came out incredible, I think.

Now, only X-12 remains... because what is a talkhaus production if it doesn't have at least a LITTLE bit of postgame? :slow:
I do things. You can find them on my talkhaus site. https://enjl.talkhaus.com/
Here is another link. This one lets you draw.
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/draw.html
Chongas

Post by Chongas »

Due to recent changes in my work schedule and internet issues I had a little trouble keeping up with recent events. But I've catched up last night, and man, I was not disappointed. Congrats Enjl for the first place, and everyone that made it to tier 12 really, all of those were all truly remarkable levels!

Also thanks Sturg and the staff team for making this possible. I had such a great time participating in the contest and also watching the LP. Whenever the next maglx happens, if circumstances allow me, I'd love to take part in it one more time.
kitikami wrote: 2 years ago OST tracks:
This is cool stuff, yo! Thanks for making those! I specially like the Venice theme, it has a bittersweet quality to it that I really appreciate. Also the melody is very singable and easy to remember, which caused me to find myself humming it at random times throughout the days by the time Rao was playing the Venice levels.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

I was tempted to call this Mario equivalent of a zombie apocalypse, but Mario seems to keep his mind, and a single Power Star is apparently enough to fix things, so...
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Veruchai
Theoretically invisible

Post by Veruchai »

Worthy winner.
All top 10 were exceptional.
Thank you everyone who showed up in the credits and helped make X3 a success.
:catplanet:
SpoonyBardOL

Post by SpoonyBardOL »

Just getting to watch now. I knew Enjl's level was a 1st place contender when I first played it when a MaGLX3 level pack was released at some point, and it totally deserves to be there. Even putting the lua wizardry aside, it's very well put together and I love the dread lingering in the background. I had a major 'holy crap!' reaction when the Fuzzening happened, and the entire last sequence was just one shock and surprise after another (can you...? Why yes, you CAN ride the rails! Wow!)

Great jorb Enjl.