(shouting)

Okami HD - The Great Wave Off Kanagawa

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Okami HD - Dragon

Post by Kilgamayan »

if someone fell in love with the guy holding kutone as he said yes to something that would be an oki doki
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

no one saw the original version of that post where i had my wires completely crossed >|

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

a boss worth repeating, very clearly
and yes i know, that doesn't make it better
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

The second fight with Orochi is genuinely the thing I find most baffling about this game and possibly my biggest sticking point with it. Like... why? Whether or not you liked the first fight or not, just doing the same long battle again is either gonna just dampen how impressive it is, or just further embitter you towards it. If the story necessitates it, then write the story differently...
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

freshtalk wrote: 3 years ago The second fight with Orochi is genuinely the thing I find most baffling about this game and possibly my biggest sticking point with it. Like... why? Whether or not you liked the first fight or not, just doing the same long battle again is either gonna just dampen how impressive it is, or just further embitter you towards it. If the story necessitates it, then write the story differently...

And it’s even more ridiculous when you have to fight him a third time, along with the other bosses in the Ark. I’ll never understand why so many games do these boss refights near the end - feels so tacked on and lazy, imo.

Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

S.N.N. wrote: 3 years ago
freshtalk wrote: 3 years ago The second fight with Orochi is genuinely the thing I find most baffling about this game and possibly my biggest sticking point with it. Like... why? Whether or not you liked the first fight or not, just doing the same long battle again is either gonna just dampen how impressive it is, or just further embitter you towards it. If the story necessitates it, then write the story differently...

And it’s even more ridiculous when you have to fight him a third time, along with the other bosses in the Ark. I’ll never understand why so many games do these boss refights near the end - feels so tacked on and lazy, imo.

Well, it IS a CapCom game...

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

>"unforgivable" action

>makes constant excuses, clearly forgiving Oki

Japan really needs to ditch this phrase.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
nathanisbored

Re: Okami HD - Snow, Moon and Flowers

Post by nathanisbored »

finally caught up to where raocow is in my Okami HD playthrough on switch! its been a long time but i eventually remembered where all the stray beads and side quests were. i completed the fish journal, animal tome, got all dojo abilities, and maxed out all stats. i have all the stray beads you can have up to this point, clocking in at 24h27m playtime so far. all i can say is, that was a chore... not my first time doing full completion, but quite possibly my last.

i still recommend raocow take at least one episode to go back and search for at least some of the stray beads and optional things he missed. also revisit the emperor!!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Re: Okami HD - Bullfinch and Weeping Cherry Blossoms

Post by Kilgamayan »

The commitment to no item use is impressive - I probably would have used an Inkfinity Stone instead of waiting seven years for my ink to refill at those slot machine cogs.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Okami HD - Bullfinch and Weeping Cherry Blossoms

Post by Alice »

Kilgamayan wrote: 3 years agoThe commitment to no item use is impressive - I probably would have used an Inkfinity Stone instead of waiting seven years for my ink to refill at those slot machine cogs.
You'd really expect that anyone complaining about running out of ink would just use one to fix their problem instead of continuing to complain about it, lol.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Re: Okami HD - Three Women and Two Children

Post by Kilgamayan »

“i am no man,” said the intruder, and finally pulled back his hood to reveal his face. he was three wolves. “I am Three-Wolves. I am three wolves.”

EDIT: Also this is the obligatory Zelda dungeon complaint but I really want to know the purpose of the architecture of the shrine. Who wanted to build a house of worship and decided the best thing to do would be to make it look and function like That. Like, what if a priest/ess slips five floors up and falls to their doom in that giant open cylindrical room because they don't have the passive Video Protagonist skill that reduces fall damage to zero. Why do humanoids have to traverse white-hot gears spinning at ten fuckzillion miles an hour to get somewhere. Who thought that was a good idea. What is going on here.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

Kilgamayan wrote: 3 years ago “i am no man,” said the intruder, and finally pulled back his hood to reveal his face. he was three wolves. “I am Three-Wolves. I am three wolves.”

EDIT: Also this is the obligatory Zelda dungeon complaint but I really want to know the purpose of the architecture of the shrine. Who wanted to build a house of worship and decided the best thing to do would be to make it look and function like That. Like, what if a priest/ess slips five floors up and falls to their doom in that giant open cylindrical room because they don't have the passive Video Protagonist skill that reduces fall damage to zero. Why do humanoids have to traverse white-hot gears spinning at ten fuckzillion miles an hour to get somewhere. Who thought that was a good idea. What is going on here.
the demons fucked it up, clearly
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

all the oina are canines and thus protagonists so they have no fall damage
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
nathanisbored

Post by nathanisbored »

the game is very explicit about the point of no return, and you'll probably be able to guess when it would happen too.

i will go ahead and post things of interest here:
- emperor has at least one cool new item, tho idk if you can afford it. the description will at least tell you what it does!

- the area you are "missing" in your stray bead journal is the 2nd of the two Yoshpet obstacle courses, one on either side of Ponc'tan. it's up to you if you want to do a full stray bead hunt, but the most notable beads ive included in my list here. hunting at night is a good idea since it lights up buried chests

- all the way back in Gale Shrine, in the cave to the right as you enter, theres a little challenge Princess Fuse has for you.

- remember that little hole in Ryoshima Coast that led to the random spider boss? theres an extra challenge for you if you revisit it that you might find interesting (there are also 2 other caves like this in the game, that work the same way; one in

N. Ryoshima Coast on an island kinda shaped like a lillypad

, and the other

above a frozen waterfall in Kamui

)

- there are TWO (2) optional brush techniques you havent found yet! check out

Queen Himiko's palace area

, and

the tall building (clock tower) east of Queen Himiko's palace

. The 2nd one requires an item you get from

racing the mailman in Shinshu Field 3 times

- theres a Power Slash 3 upgrade just like Cherry Bomb 3, you can maybe guess what it enables :P it can be found

on a ledge in Ezofuji

- in case you're wondering, the travel guide you missed awhile back is in a chest in City Checkpoint. It's not really made to be hidden, but probably easy to miss. it's not really important, it's just a bit of lore about Sakuya's tree.

- it seems unlikely this will happen, but if you max out your stats, all future praise you get will be converted to yen, at 1000 yen per praise point!

- there are a couple sidequests that take place over more than one area, and culminate in Sei-an City. The stray beads for them are listed for Sei-an City, but you would need to go as far back as Kamiki Village to start them. One is

two sisters by a tree

and the other is

defeating enemies quickly for the Buddhist monk in both Kamiki and Kusa Village

. Just in case you decide to do these particular beads.

- one of the stray bead quests in Sei-an City is kinda cute but a little tedious. It requires

going back and forth between the little girl who's drawing on the ground, and the Kimono shop shirt designer guy to make her designs a reality. the game can be pretty picky about drawing here

Anything else missed would just be animals, praise puzzles, treasures/consumables, or the hidden-but-less-interesting stray beads. Unless i forgot something!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

thank you for all this yo
I'll be combining this with a txt file I got independantly
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Also, one last thing:

Check Sei-An City's Weapon Merchant or the merchant in Wep'keer. They have something you want.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow

Post by Crow »

owl control
Crow

Post by Crow »

said this on patapon spotzone as well but the stray bead reward is something you get only after beating the game, so, you should do cleanup first
also: do the monster manifests as well if they're not included, since there's gold dust you don't have you probably would like to have
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Re: Okami HD - Cuckoo and Azaleas

Post by Kilgamayan »

Ending the LP with the end of the game is absolutely the right call. Going through the end of the game and then coming back and doing rando cleanup is going to make the end of the LP like the thumbs-up button on these forums except with all the comedy removed.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

I'm of the opinion the Ark resembles Shelcoof from Panzer Dragoon II Zwei a LOT

(Also, anyone else notice the hieroglyphs of Crimson Helm, Orochi, and Ninetails in the woodprint of the Ark crashing?)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

hey a fun little okami anecdote (that not everyone might know about) in today's checkpoint

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

The climax on Mt Ezofuji is so good. I know a lot of people don't like the repetitiveness of the second Orochi fight for gameplay reasons, but i think the payoff in the story buildup makes up for it.
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

For me the owl fights were the rock bottom of the entire game. You get taunted by Shiranui's super-awesome brush techniques that you're never going to get, the fight itself was confusing as fuck to the point that I had to look up a guide how the hell to do anything of value in it, and Shiranui's presense it just baffling and entirely unexplained. Also how the hell can Ishaku just casually open a gate in space and time?!?!?! That's a big fucking deal they just ignore... All in all hated the experience.
fart.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

i guess holy water being wolf pee would have been too crass even for this game
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow