(shouting)

La-Mulana 2 - fish. it is a fish. it's true.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

La-Mulana 2 - fish. it is a fish. it's true.

Post by Voltgloss »

Title Image.jpg
Title Image.jpg (147.86 KiB) Viewed 9891 times

La-Mulana 2 - 1 - cursed
La-Mulana 2 - 2 - reckless
La-Mulana 2 - 3 - cruel
La-Mulana 2 - 4 - curious
La-Mulana 2 - 5 - unliked
La-Mulana 2 - 6 - stubborn
La-Mulana 2 - 7 - powerful
La-Mulana 2 - 8 - strong
La-Mulana 2 - 9 - small
La-Mulana 2 - 10 - fast
La-Mulana 2 - 11 - immobile
La-Mulana 2 - 12 - smooshed
La-Mulana 2 - 13 - clumsy
La-Mulana 2 - 14 - cold
La-Mulana 2 - 15 - heavy
La-Mulana 2 - 16 - sweaty
La-Mulana 2 - 17 - unfocused
La-Mulana 2 - 18 - observant
La-Mulana 2 - 19 - cheater
La-Mulana 2 - 20 - early
La-Mulana 2 - 21 - heated
La-Mulana 2 - 22 - non-conductive
La-Mulana 2 - 23 - soggy
La-Mulana 2 - 24 - elegant
La-Mulana 2 - 25 - dead
La-Mulana 2 - 26 - dizzy
La-Mulana 2 - 27 - wyld
La-Mulana 2 - 28 - worthy
La-Mulana 2 - 29 - healthy
La-Mulana 2 - 30 - tough
La-Mulana 2 - 31 - mighty
La-Mulana 2 - 32 - worn out
La-Mulana 2 - 33 - expert
La-Mulana 2 - 34 - fashion star
La-Mulana 2 - 35 - ridiculous
La-Mulana 2 - 36 - sociable
La-Mulana 2 - 36.5 - supplemental
La-Mulana 2 - 37 - shining
La-Mulana 2 - 38 - explosive
La-Mulana 2 - 39 - hell-bound
La-Mulana 2 - 40 - mourning
La-Mulana 2 - 41 - poor
La-Mulana 2 - 42 - scattered
La-Mulana 2 - 43 - riddle master
La-Mulana 2 - 44 - crispy
La-Mulana 2 - 45 - bargain king
La-Mulana 2 - 46 - intellectual
La-Mulana 2 - 47 - bruised
La-Mulana 2 - 48a - hopeful
La-Mulana 2 - 48b - bashed, smashed, crushed, and all around really hecked up
La-Mulana 2 - 49 - all sorts of messed up
La-Mulana 2 - BIG FIFTY - persistent
La-Mulana 2 - 51 - once lost, now found
La-Mulana 2 - 52 - slicer and dicer
La-Mulana 2 - 53 - warm and fuzzy
La-Mulana 2 - 54 - protected
La-Mulana 2 - 55 - in love ♥
La-Mulana 2 - 56 - drunk
La-Mulana 2 - 57 - the one that brings the end
La-Mulana 2 - 58a - somewhat miffed
La-Mulana 2 - 58b - tired and nostalgic
La-Mulana 2 - 59 - patient
La-Mulana 2 - FINAL - 60 - victorious
La-Mulana 2 - POST-FINAL ROUND-UP - 61 - at rest
this isn't LM2 at all - ?? - Sorcerer Lulba
modern mysteries of eg-lana

From the manual...

LA-MULANA 2 features sprawling ancient ruins, mind-boggling mysteries, untold numbers of items, and terrible enemies woven together to form what is possibly the perfect Metroidvania-style "archaeological ruin exploration action game".

In LA-MULANA 2, you take on the role of Lumisa Kosugi - daughter of the previous title’s hero - as she explores the ancient ruins of La-Mulana, said to be the cradle of human civilization. Desperate to find the cause of the numerous recent appearances of monsters from the ruins, Lumisa heads to the "other" La-Mulana: the ruins known as Eg-Lana.

Explore the vast ruins comprising multiple field maps, solve mysteries and riddles using the stone tablets and messages you discover along the way, and take out the huge monsters known as "Guardians" as you make your way to the deepest depths of the ruins.

You won’t believe the awesome mystery of Eg-Lana you uncover at the end of your journey...
Last edited by Voltgloss 2 years ago, edited 76 times in total.
Voltgloss

Re: La-Mulana 2

Post by Voltgloss »

CLUES FROM MAIN CHARACTERS
(Spoilers used only for streamlining purposes. All notes recorded here are limited to those that raocow has already seen.)

Elder Xelpud (Village of Departure, D-4)
- Hey, you made it. I'm Xelpud, Elder of the tourist village of the La-Mulana ruins. We've finally managed to turn the La-Mulana ruins into a tourist spot, and now we've been getting reports of unknown monster sightings, so I sent a letter to yer dad, the archaeologist, asking him to come investigate. So, how come he sent his daughter? You can't get hold of yer dad? So you break into archaeology and immediately surpass yer dad, huh? What a weird family. Anyway, the request was for finding out just what is going on in the La-Mulana ruins, and then taking care of whatever the problem was. If you can handle it yerself, that's fine with me. You must've completed yer dad's ninja training by now, right? Apparently the monsters have been coming from the depths of the ruins. With all this danger, nobody's gonna wanna come here anymore and we're gonna lose all our businesses. Figure out the cause and make sure those monsters never come out again! But with my being such a gentleman and all, I'm gonna do you a favor and help a cute little girl out. Lend me that there tablet real quick. {Xelputter received} This is my very own homegrown messaging software. I'll send you helpful hints and stuff to help out with yer investigation. When you hear the funky little beep notification, just hit the Pause button and check out the tablet. You can thank me later!

- Here's a map of the La-Mulana ruins and the village area. {Map received}

- Hey there, you scored a Hand Scanner, huh? Without that, there isn't much you can do! You can use the Hand Scanner for stuff like reading tablets and inspecting important-looking stuff you find inside the ruins. As an archaeologist, you gotta be able to read the ancient texts written on the tablets. Also memos found with skeletons, signs, stuff like that, too. There might be other stuff you can inspect with it, too! If you find anything that catches yer eye, try inspecting it!

- What's up? What, you want some money or something? Huh? Here ya go, grab summa this. Xelpud makin' it rain! {$30 received}

- If you wanna take a break, there's an awesome hot spring over there to the left. You can use the pimped-out tablet outside my house to save your game, too. Just press up in front of the tablet.

- Pepper... Wow. I'd forgotten what peasant flavors like that even taste like!

- What? Eg-Lana? The hell is that? So what you're saying is, as long as this Eg-Lana is around, it's too dangerous to allow tourists in? Damn...

- That's a Crystal Skull. Yer dad found one when he was investigating the La-Mulana ruins. Just how many of these are there, anyway?

- That's called a Djed Pillar. I think it like, turns the power of a mantra into a physical form, or something. I've never actually seen anyone use it though, so I'm not sure. But apparently it's useless on its own. You need to know how to choose which mantra to repeat, apparently.

- That there's a Pochette Key. Apparently it's a key used to start up some kinda ancient vehicle. Wonder if that vehicle is still around somewhere?

- That's the Beherit. I think it use to belong to Alsedana. Did he give it to you? It's a secret treasure of the 7th Children, entrusted to us by the 6th Children... or something like that. Probably.

- Dayumn, what a cool-ass weapon you got there. Mjolnir? Does it shoot lightning or something?

- Well, shit... I'm all outta money to hire my harem.

- What's that? The Egg of Creation? What the hell kinda bird laid that egg?

- You kickin' some Eg-Lana ass? I'mma kick me some ass, too.

- You hold onto precious books, right? Then games should be the same. Games that really stick with you... Games that have changed yer life... Sometimes you just suddenly remember them, you know? It feels good to play them when you're having a shitty day or whatever.

- Huh? Samaranta's out investigating the area around the waterfall. The waterfall's out past that sweet, bitchin' statue of me.

- It's a damn shame about Alsedana. He was looking forward to living peacefully in the village once his work sealing off La-Mulana was finished. Yeah, it was for the sake of the world, but the guy spent thousands of years inside those ruins. Although it was only for a short time, he was able to live his final days out aboveground and be taken to Heaven peacefully, so I guess that's a nice way to go when you think about it.

- What a dirty-ass vessel! Yer dad picked something like that up, too! Looks like both Daddy and his little girl have pretty shitty taste, huh? Wahahahaha.

- The Mulana Jewel. It's part of the secret treasure that I, one of the 7th Children, once looked after. Apparently it was used by the Philosophers and the Fairy Queen's tribe to seal off the secret treasures. So basically, it's used for breaking curses on important treasures.

- By the way, back in the day, I was the top gamer in the village. Now my harem is gone, and when I think back on the past... Maybe I could do video game fortune-telling. Like maybe I could tell people where certain game apps are hiding inside the ruins, huh?

- That there's an Ancient Battery. I guess the fact that they had batteries must mean that they had electricity way back in ancient times, huh? So that means... There must be some kinda mechanism that runs on electricity, right? I am the smartest man alive!

- A cog? Well, duh... And?

- Come on back! Now, for Lonely House Moving! Kyaaah! Hey hey hey! It's in the expensive shop in a hot place!

- See if you can find this one... LA-MULANA! Yes! Yes! Yes YES YES YES!! La-La-La-La-Mulana! Bomb to the bottom-right of a certain sexy girl! What the hell is up with these "fortunes", anyway?

- Next up, where is Space Capstar II? OH YEAH! Here we go! In the shop in the poison lava!

- To be honest, sealing off Eg-Lana is actually kinda outside my wheelhouse. Our greatest wish as the 7th Children has finally come to pass: the independence of mankind. It's been a long-ass battle in itself. I don't care if the Mother did create most of us. Living in a world where you have no idea when you're all gonna get wiped out is some straight-up bullshit.
Philosopher Alsedana (Himinn)
- Oh, what a charming young visitor. I'm Alsedana. I am one of the Four Philosophers who once controlled death itself. Now, as you can see, I just lie in wait for death to come. I've heard about you from the Elder, but there isn't much I can do to help. Fobos and Samaranta, two of the younger Philosophers, are inside the ruins. You should pay them a visit. Since you've come all this way to see me, I'd be happy to tell you whatever you'd like to hear about the old days.

- If you go deeper in, there's an altar out past this house. I really like that place. I sort of insisted on living here since it's close by. That altar is used for village festivals and rituals. For example, funerals and such. I'd been sleeping down in the ruins for so long, I'm happy to be able to die up here aboveground.

- Ah, you're back. It seems you've defeated the Guardian of Valhalla. Did anything strange happen? Did you see some sort of reddish-black mist? That is the source of conflict itself, and the physical embodiment of the entity causing Eg-Lana to be eternally embroiled in war. It comes from dissonance, which has been building up for centuries while the various races fight amongst themselves. The warring races must be relieved of this dissonance, or Eg-Lana cannot be sealed off. Even those still remaining within Eg-Lana no longer know why they continue to fight. The original causes of these wars differ from race to race. We need to find the cause of the wars between the five remaining races or we won't be able to find the source of the negativity. I know you probably don't want to hear this, but... It is only you, the 8th Children, free from the memory of the Mother, who can accomplish this. Take this with you. The Fairy Queen told me that you can use this to absorb the dissonance. {Beherit acquired} I've grown weary from all this talk... Please excuse me, I'd like to rest.

- Now that La-Mulana has been sealed, the Four Philosophers' mission is complete. Now I'm able to live here aboveground. I mean no offense to the Fairy Queen, who lives her life shouldering the burden of decision-making, but I feel that people should be able to live their lives naturally, without having to adhere to laws and arbitrarily made decisions.

- Eg-Lana must be sealed off. Long, long ago, when the Mother - La-Mulana itself - fell to this planet, it wanted to return to the sky. However, its child - Eg-Lana, born here in this land - has no such desire. We don't know when it will use its power to destroy us.
Mankind must not be forced to live under the fear of destruction. We must strive to improve ourselves, and press on toward the unknown future.

- Ah, you've come again. I'd like to watch over you as you grow big and strong, but... I don't think this body will hold out for much longer. Live strongly, and boldly.
Philosopher Samaranta (Village of Departure, F-2)
- What a great help... I think. You defeated that squirrel monster? What impressive power. My apologies. Fighting is not exactly my forte, so I stayed hidden. My name is Samaranta. I am one of the 7th Children, and was once one of the Four Philosophers. However, as one of the younger members I've been assisting in post-collapse inspection and the restoration of the ruins. I had planned on visiting the Fairy Queen, who still resides in secret deep within this place, but at this rate repairs don't look set to finish remotely soon. The elevator above has been repaired. It connects to the Gate of Guidance, so pass through the gate and head toward the Gate of Illusion. There you shall meet with another of the Four Philosophers, Fobos. It is believed that the phenomena occurring within the ruins has something to do with the Eg-Lana ruins, a.k.a "the other side of La-Mulana". That huge squirrel seems to have warped here to the Mausoleum of the Giants from somewhere else. If it came from Eg-Lana, then the cause of these problems may also lie there as well. I'll be here for awhile, inspecting the repairs.

- The Bronze Mirror? It was originally worshipped at the Temple of the Sun inside the La-Mulana ruins. After your father sealed off La-Mulana, he returned what items he could to their original locations. Which means that the Bronze Mirror should be in the Temple of the Sun... My apologies, but the path to the Temple of the Sun was completely destroyed, and repairs have yet to begin. If one of the workers happened to dig it up, it may have been shut away in the La-Mulana rubble collection area, some footing covered by a blue tarp.

- Completely restoring the expansive La-Mulana ruins will likely be impossible. As per the Elder's request, we do need to keep working as much as safety permits, though. But even so, it will take years. At this point, we're at full capacity just digging everything up. I've been too busy to properly check on things that have already been dug up. My apologies.

- It's a shame about Alsedana. But at least he was able to see the sealing of La-Mulana through, and fulfill his dream of living here aboveground. You haven't met with Giltoriyo yet, have you?
Philosopher Fobos (Gate of Illusion, C-1)
- Who are you? Ah, it's the daughter of the man who solved the mystery of the La-Mulana ruins, I see. I am Fobos, of the Four Philosophers. Since being freed from the La-Mulana ruins and completing my duty as a Philosopher, I've been living here. I'm trying to recreate the ruins that were destroyed and the relics that were lost when your father solved said mystery. Anything I'm able to properly recreate, I send off to the shops in these ruins, so do me a favor and buy whatever you can. I've received most of the pertinent details from Samaranta. It seems that monsters have begun appearing in La-Mulana once again. With the defeat of the entity known as the Mother, the La-Mulana ruins were supposed to have become simply that: just ruins. The monster spotted by Samaranta apparently had the ability to move freely through space. That leads us to believe that it came from the lands of exile of Eg-Lana. Though we know nothing about it other than it exists. I assume you have questions for me, yes?
--- What is the "Mother"? - The La-Mulana ruins were constructed inside the huge living entity known as the Mother. It was said to have fallen to this planet from the skies long ago, and gave birth to its progeny for the purpose of creating a workforce to send it back into space. Those progeny are us, mankind. We Four Philosophers are of the seventh group to be born, known as the 7th Children. We sought death for the Mother, who had continually destroyed each generation of her children.
--- What are the "Children"? - "Children" refers to the various races born from the Mother. Each race was created by the Mother in order to work to send her back to space, but upon realizing that each subsequent generation was flawed in some way, she systematically destroyed them. It is said that she bore eight distinctive races, each of which was born inside the Mother and subsequently spread up aboveground upon developing civilization inside the La-Mulana ruins. This is why the La-Mulana ruins are referred to as the "cradle of all civilization".
- You modern humans, by the way, are part of the group known as the 8th Children. Your race was born from a life-giving machine called the Tree of Life, into which we 7th Children imbued our own memories and mind in order to create you. Eg-Lana is known as the child of La-Mulana... The "child" reference brings something to mind. Step outside a second.

- This is called the Child's Statue. I live here precisely because looking at this statue inspires my research. In the La-Mulana ruins, there isn't much else with a similar name, so look into it.

- My inspiration... Hm? The gate won't open? Let me try it. Huh, it opened. Hm... It would appear as though it will only open for those possessing the Mother's power. For a 7th Child like myself, it's easily opened, but for an 8th Child without the Mother's memories such as yourself, I guess it can't be opened. I don't know what exactly brought you here, but I feel like it was fate. If the Eg-Lana ruins that we philosophers were investigating really do lie beyond this gate, then the entire world could be in grave peril. "Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find." Words of wisdom for those wishing to face the ruins. Come see us philosophers if you have any trouble. Lend me your tablet before you go in. This is a type of software that records data left in the ruins. I developed it myself. If you can find some sort of microchips loaded with data, I'd suggest gathering them. {Received Ruins Encyclopedia} Ah... My inspiration...

- While I don't know the specifics, I was at least aware of the existence of the land of exile known as Eg-Lana. There were records of it remaining in La-Mulana. When I refurbished the La-Mulana ruins into a sort of "land of ordeals", I took inspiration from the records of the many traps remaining in Eg-Lana, and much of the information I had on monsters was from the records of Eg-Lana, with most of the monsters recreated using the Tree of Life having come from said records. Eg-Lana may just be the original source of all evil.

- Hey, you've made it back. That's all fine and well, but please show me the Crystal Skull. Come on, quickly! Hm. It's shaped slightly differently from the ones in La-Mulana. Let me hold onto it for awhile. I want to look into this.

- Go back to the village and keep the Elder occupied or some such to pass the time. I'll finish this up quickly.

- That Crystal Skull you lent me, it's pretty interesting. It seems as though there are 12 of these in total. Among the materials I was researching was something called the 12 seal inscriptions. Apparently, the various seals can be broken in accordance with the number of skulls in your possession. Anyway, I've digitalized those research materials. I don't know what's written in them, though. I mean, they were sealed, so... {Skull received}

- The Dark Star Lord's footprints. Looks like you've found all five. Eight horizontally and four vertically, with La-Mulana script inside. It's safe to assume that this represents some kind of order.

- The strange sense of loss, the feeling of despondency brought on by the Mother's death spreads through our race like a virus. It may have become too much for the much elder Alsedana. I have my love for my research, which drowns the feeling out, so it doesn't affect me as much.

- Looks like you've collected a good number of those Crystal Skulls. Could you show me some of the unlocked texts? Hm... The revelations keep on coming. It seems to imply that someone has been giving orders to each generation of Children for the purpose of bringing about her death. If we could read this properly, I wonder if it would prove useful in sealing Eg-Lana?

- The Bronze Mirror? What happened to that thing, anyway? All of the gates within the La-Mulana ruins were opened, so I guess I just sort of stopped keeping track of it since it didn't really seem so important anymore. I never would've thought that it could also be used on the gates in Eg-Lana. How careless of me. Try asking Samaranta. He's working on the renovations on the crumbling ruins, so he may have found it somewhere.

- The Seven Gates which you must pass through to enter the Underworld... It's said that each time you pass through, one item of equipment will be sealed away. For things like this, it's best to experiment a few times and see what gets sealed. Perhaps you could first pass through a gate which would be rendered impassable with a certain item sealed first. Just a thought.

- The Alfr Seeress' Prophecy, Part I. Is Heimdall the fellow sitting around in Annwfn? "Heimdall does not sleep. When the end is nigh, he watches over the night." This is probably a key point. So Heimdall is always looking out, I guess.
Philosopher Giltoriyo (Village of Departure, B-3)
- I'm Giltoriyo, the Philosopher of Wisdom. Since your dad sealed off the La-Mulana ruins, I've been searching the world for items and lifeforms that may have invaded the outside world. Some time after sealing off the ruins, we Philosophers of the 7th Children decided to live here aboveground. Since then, the Lokapala in Eg-Lana have stolen several relics. It seems they were specifically targeting one of the relics your dad found - the crystallization of the Mother's power, the Secret Treasure of Life. I'll give you this. It was used in a treasure seal known as the Mulana Jewel. {"Mulana Talisman" acquired} After it was lost, we were somehow able to retrieve the jewel part alone. It should still retain its power. You can use it to break curses on important treasures. Take it with you. I'll stay at Alsedana's home for the time being. I'll oversee the sealing of Eg-Lana in his stead.

- There was a reason I left the village to travel the world. The Lokapala, who are trying to take control of Eg-Lana, have been attempting to interfere with the world outside of the ruins - that is to say, "modern society", as well. They've been taking relics out of La-Mulana and breaking into museums to steal things. They've been after the Secret Treasure of Life your father has, in particular. I've been following them around trying to retrieve the items required for the sealing of Eg-Lana.

- We Four Philosophers created the Mulana Jewel as a tool for sealing the ruins. For generations, the village elders kept the jewel safe until the 8th Children, possessing the power to seal the Mother off, were able to take it. We had been waiting for the arrival of an 8th Child who, free from attachment to the Mother's memories, would be able to unlock the mysteries of the ruins. It certainly wasn't the most efficient way of doing things, but still. Against the long history of the Mother bringing destruction to the world over and over again, it was but a single moment in time.

- It was the Mother's power - the Mother's very life force - that kept the inside of the ruins brightly lit and provided the power necessary for the various traps and mechanisms to work. The Mother's infinite life force was harnessed as a source of energy. So when the "body" died, the La-Mulana ruins lost even their light. The Elder has been running electric lines through the ruins to give them light, mainly for the purpose of increasing tourism. Meanwhile, the Eg-Lana ruins lived on right under our noses. If only we had noticed earlier.
Fairy Queen Freya (Annwfn, B-2)
- Oh, you're human. I suppose that means that the rubble was cleared from the Mausoleum of the Giants. It also means that I'll have to find a new place to live before people start flooding in. I am Freya, the Fairy Queen. You... have a familiar scent about you. Are you the daughter of the man who released the Mother's soul? If you've come to see me, I assume you've also met Frey the Fairy King as well? How is my brother? Yes, I am another of the few remaining 6th Children. Out of necessity of purpose, I worked together with the 7th Children in planning for the sealing of the La-Mulana ruins. So you've made it through my brother's Ordeal of the Fairies. Please, pass this pendant on to my brother. With that, you shall have the fairies as allies in Eg-Lana. {Freya's Pendant received}

- I'm glad you're well. My brother's body is reaching the end of its life, so I've come here. From now on, I will assist you in my brother's stead. Please come see me if you need anything.

- The fairies found in the La-Mulana ruins were created using the Tree of Life, based on the fairy race of the 6th Children. There are few fairies remaining in Eg-Lana, and I've heard that they have been captured by other races. I just pray that they are safe.

- The slightly differently shaped stone tablets you saw in each area are akin to commemorative monuments, telling the story of the world of Eg-Lana. They are also records left by our race - records of the final secret in the plan to seal off Eg-Lana. Now, that secret is to be released. I have attached a sigil to the secret words inside the tablets. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I am not able to speak the blasphemous words aloud. Please read the plan tablets once again. My race planned the sealing of Eg-Lana. To do this we would have to awaken Eg-Lana once. After many long years of contemplation, we realized the Sky People's plan for sealing Eg-Lana was a viable option. That this plan was woven around you, an 8th Child, must be fate. Your people will live on in the new era. It is up to you to seal off Eg-Lana lest the entire world be destroyed. In order to seal off Eg-Lana, La-Mulana also had to be sealed off simultaneously. However, no one could have predicted that the Mother would transfer her mind itself - the 9th Child, her final offspring - into Eg-Lana. This has brought chaos and confusion to the races remaining in Eg-Lana. The blind obedience to the Mother that is woven into our very being makes it impossible for us to seal off Eg-Lana.

- Do you remember the Trickster of Yggdrasil? We Alfr created him from the corpse of one of the giants known as the Jotun that we found in the Shrine of the Frost Giants. We inserted him into the war between the Aesir and the Vanir for the purpose of spreading chaos and discord within Eg-Lana. His very existence was part of the plan to seal off Eg-Lana.

- That Beherit you have... I had entrusted it to Alsedana to hold onto till the time came. It was originally a tool used to activate the Corridor of Blood. In order to seal off Eg-Lana, murderous intent directed at the Mother is an absolute requirement. For those of us under the Mother's influence, harboring this ill intent is impossible. Now, the soul of the Trickster of Yggdrasil is contained inside that Beherit. It has fused with the Ankh and combined with the dissonance released by the Guardians' souls. Collect the dissonance of the five races and the Underworld and the Beherit will manifest murderous intent, making it a key to sealing Eg-Lana.

- I have lived here inside the Eg-Lana ruins for tens of thousands of years in order to ensure that mankind is not destroyed again.
Please do not take pity on me. Our values and ways of thinking differ from yours. But traversing the outside world with your father when La-Mulana was sealed off is one of my most precious and wonderful memories. If Eg-Lana is also sealed off, then I may be able to see the outside world once again.
Mulbruk (Immortal Battlefield, G-3)
- So we finally meet. My name is Mulbruk. Like the Elder and the Philosophers, I, too, am one of the 7th Children. Except I'm, like, much more young and hip so I bounced from those ruins and have been traveling the world lately. Thanks to your dad solving the mystery of the La-Mulana ruins - and then busting the hell out of those ruins - I was able to break free from the Mother's bonds and live my life however I want to. I'm super smart, so I've been working as an investigator of lots of different ruins around the outside world. Then the Elder called me back here and told me to help you out, with you being kinda green and all. So, what's your name? Lumisa? Awesome. Nice to meet you, Lumisa. I'm gonna take advantage of my impressive agility and check out the deeper areas of the ruins. I got your address from the Elder, so I'll contact you if I find anything. If you don't hear from me, I'm probably just taking a nap somewhere. Anyways, later!

- How do you like it? It's pretty sweet here, huh? There are no monsters around, so I can sleep peacefully. I'm gonna set up camp here and then go do some exploring for a bit. If there's anywhere you haven't been yet, or anywhere you want me to check out, lemme know and I'll do it. Any requests?
- {OK then, Annwfn.} - Phew. I think that's about enough for Annwfn.
- {Maybe the Immortal Battlefield?} - So you're going to check out this area - got it. This place is pretty big. Alright then, I'm gonna go on up ahead and see what's around. I mean, go on "down" ahead.

- I slept really well so I'm feeling great. I was gonna go check some more stuff out - how about it? Since dragging all my equipment around is such a hassle I left some of my stuff behind, so I'd prefer not to go anywhere too sketchy.
- {The Shrine of the Frost Giants.} - That sounds super cold! OK, I'll find someplace deep inside where you probably can't go. It probably won't be so cold deeper in.
- {That Takamagahara place.} - Takamagahara, huh? I heard it's connected to this Immortal Battlefield. Alright, I'll go check it out and find an entrance.
- {Can you do the Corridor of Blood? - What?! That sounds scary! Blood? So it's like, bloody? Alright, I'm kinda scared but I'll check it out.

- You've been down here in the ruins for awhile now, huh? Can you at least read the texts in the ruins? Each character used for numerals in the texts in La-Mulana had its own meaning, you know. They're written on the sigils you have, too.
Check it out. That pattern-looking stuff drawn on the Origin Seal. That's "1" in La-Mulana numerals. "1" is "Origin", "2" is "Birth, "3" is "Life", and "4" is "Death". And... I forgot the rest.

- I'm out of places I can go with this equipment so I'm gonna stay here. I went by Fobos' place on my way back. I borrowed some materials with information on Eg-Lana from him. I'll peruse this stuff and help you out with knowledge. Oh yeah, by the way... I won't be going out investigating anymore, so take my shoes. They're slip-proof, even on snow or ice. I have a spare pair, anyway. {Snow Shoes acquired} Don't worry. They don't stink.

- Unmelting ice in the Shrine of the Frost Giants? Hmm... According to these materials... It says you can melt it by heating it up! Hm? How to melt it? There's a way. Some kinda machine. That's what it says.

- A mirror made of bronze? I've seen one in the La-Mulana ruins. Your dad had it with him when he sealed La-Mulana. Maybe someone still has it?

- Pink, wavy barrier? What are you talking about? Is that even a thing? It sounds so cute! Um... According to these materials, there are clothes that will protect you. Like, clothes that let you move up through the sky. Anyway, these clothes protect you from lots of stuff.

- Yuga Ring? Is that a new technique you learned or something? Like "rolling" or "drilling" or something? So placing a Weight will cause spikes to pop up? Like, no matter what? According to these materials, it says that the spikes won't pop up if they're placed on the correct ages.

- So there's an enemy that can't be taken out with weapons? Hmm. So you have to defeat it in a way that doesn't involve weapons, huh? Like, you have to solve a riddle first. Or you have to attack it mentally, maybe. Or maybe you have to squash it?

- Vidopnoor? Oops. That's hard to pronounce! So you need to defeat him, but don't know where he is? I saw a related stone tablet somewhere! It was sort of like the tip of a treetop. Yggdrasil in Eg-Lana is upside-down, so... that means it'd be at the very bottom!

- I wanna go check out Egypt... I wanna see Cambodia too! I gotta fill up my homemade World Ruins Site Stamp book! Haah...

- A room in the Dark Star Lord's Mausoleum where you get "mashed up"? Mashed up by what, exactly? This sounds like something we should look into. Better safe than sorry.

- Rice ball bomb! Hehehe...

- I lived together with the Philosophers in La-Mulana - the 7th Children remaining in the ruins. Alsedana was like my grandpa; I loved that guy. He lived such a long life.

- To think that that guy with the hat had such a daughter! Having a kid, and yet targeting me like that... Dude's got balls. I mean... it's obviously my fault for being so alluring, so... What're you gonna do, huh? Hehehe!

- Your family is weird. I mean, I don't have a family myself, but... But yours, they're kinda... How do I put it?
Weird.

- That reminds me: in the middle of this here Immortal Battlefield... Inside a big-ass boat is the Soul Gate. The one with nine Soul Seals. I wonder how you get inside there? Maybe the entrance is hidden somewhere in the ruins?

- Who plays video games on their tablet while exploring?! But real talk: Cool stuff can happen if you load it up together with a game app. Your dad told me about it a long time ago. Things are only gonna get tougher from here on out, so you'd better learn all the tricks you can.

- Have you met with the fairies yet? They'll help you with all sorts of things, but sometimes the one you need won't show up.
If you have the Miracle Witch game app, you can call out specific fairies. You can combine it with other game apps to call out the particular fairy you need. Miracle Witch can be combined with lots of other things, too. You're really gonna wanna pick it up.

- Load up Miracle Witch and Space Capstar II to call upon the Treasure Fairy. This combination will ensure that the Treasure Fairy comes to your aid. Some items are expensive, and ammo costs really build up, so be sure to bring the Treasure Fairy around with you and make that bank!

- Load up Miracle With and Bounce Shot to call upon the Weapon Fairy. The Weapon Fairy will take out enemies at a distance, and will aim for larger monsters' weak points, which is super helpful.

CRYSTAL SKULL TEXT (by popular request)
Words of Nebiru
Ye of weak and dumb body who holds this skull in hand.
Hear our mind. Fulfill our will.
O, though we are noble, why do we crumble so?
Unable to come down to this land of the puny,
we shall impress upon this world at least our will.

Words of Mummu
On our ship Nibiru rests the Master Skull.
Our great shall be given to the bringer of the awakening.
A will too great to be contained in such a puny, dumb body.
Ye who hath gathered all 12 skulls.
Carry on our will.

Words of Tutu
We found the puny ones here in this land.
Legless like the serpent, with dumb bodies to match
Be thankful, puny ones.
We shall allow you to serve us.

Words of Asarualim Nunna
O, sad, dumb-bodied ones, do you remember?
How do you like the two spiffy legs with which we hath presented you?
We can totally rearrange bodies like so.
Strive hard, puny ones.
Create the land with which to welcome us.

Words of Asarualim
Well, shit...
The land of the puny hath born something big.
From the Mother of the puny, dumb-bodied ones.
Real big ones, with two legs and whatnot.
Fools who fail to heed our words.
Puny, serpentine dumbasses - fulfill our will.

Words of Asaru
Foolish, puny little snake dumbasses.
Dumbass snakes crawling on the ground.
Die, ye puny snakes.
We shall speak with the leader of the large ones.
They must return our buried Mother to the skies.

Words of Namru
To ye hefty ones, we shall pass on our wisdom.
Yes, our very tower which rules the skies.
Those who do not abide shall enter their eternal dirt-nap.
This land is ours.
Screw the Mother.

Words of Namtillaku
Something is amiss.
There exist two Mothers here, and two Mothers' bodies.
Seriously, what the hell?
The Mother seeks to trade bodies through death.
The Mother and her Original Child can die together.

Words of Asaruludu
The Original Child's body is the Mother's life.
The Mother's decaying body holds a sleeping soul.
Destroy the body of the Original Child.
That should do the trick for the Mother, too.

Words of Marduk
Winged, puny dumbasses, shameless imitators of the Mother.
Our land is dead. Our body decays.
Your pathetic copy of the Mother - we're slicing that in two.
Fulfill our will. For real you guys, fulfill our will.
That land is ours.

Word of Enlil
Puny little dumbasses, with your stupid wisdom.
Ye jerkoffs playing with clay dolls.
Fulfill our will.
Our body has decayed.
We shall leave only our noble will.
What hath become of the six-sided seal?
Seal it. Seal it with the six-sided seal.
Then the Original Child's body and the Mother's mind should disappear.
Fulfill our will. Fulfill. Our. Damn. Will.

Words of Anu
O, ye foolish, dumbass little clay dolls.
Awaken that sleeping, nasty-ass Mother.
Then, make use of our seal. The seal of blood.
The seal of blood the Master Skull mentions.
Offer the 12 skulls to their pedestal.
Offer them to our decaying carcass.
To our stupid, dumbass carcass.
Last edited by Voltgloss 3 years ago, edited 47 times in total.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

THE FIELDS
(Spoilers used only for streamlining purposes. All notes recorded here are limited to those that raocow has already seen.)

Village of Departure
Map, Exits, Shops, Characters
Village of Departure.jpg
Village of Departure.jpg (54.85 KiB) Viewed 7562 times
(blue = visited; grey = not visited)
* = Holy Grail Tablet
H = Hot Spring

Exits
X1 = to La-Mulana Ruins (Gate of Guidance)
X2 = to La-Mulana Ruins (Inferno Cavern)

Shops
S1 = Nebur: "This is a PC shop. Whacha need?"
- Weights ($10), Yagoo Map Reader (purchased), TextTrax 2 (purchased)

S2 = Modro: "Cheap, cheap! Get it here!"
- Buckler (purchased), Pistol (purchased), Ammunition ($500)

S3 = Sidro: "Welcome! Adventure time, eh? Better stock up!"
- Hand Scanner (purchased), Shuriken Ammo ($10), Pepper (purchased)

Characters and their Clues
C1 = Elder Xelpud (see "CLUES FROM MAIN CHARACTERS")

C2 = Philosopher Alsedana (see "CLUES FROM MAIN CHARACTERS")

C3 = Philosopher Samaranta (see "CLUES FROM MAIN CHARACTERS")
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets and Signs
(B-3) <-Village Altar. The altar used by the villagers. Please maintain respectful silence.

(E-3) Construction Ongoing. We are busy repairing the structural collapse of the ruins. Danger. Do not enter. -Chief of construction, Samaranta.

(C-4) <-Hot Spring. Seriously? You need this sign to point it out?

(C-4) Revitalizing Hot Spring. Welcome to the Village of Departure's famed Hot Spring! Provided by the grace of our forerunners (and Elder Xelpud)! P.S.: Please take ALL of your clothes off before getting in.

(D-4) This is known as the Holy Grail Tablet. It has been in this village for generations. "Examine" it, whatever that means, and it will bring back your memories of this place. Basically, you can save if you press the Up button in front of it. - Xelpud

(D-4) ->Entrance of La-Mulana Ruins

(D-4) <-Hot Spring. Relax, revive, revitalize!

(E-4) Entrance to La-Mulana Ruins. P.S.: Watch your step.

(E-4) Welcome to the La-Mulana Ruins! Humanity's last great discovery! The world's largest ancient ruins!! Get your souvenirs from Nebur's Shop.

(E-4) Oannes' Tower Bonus Tour. Why yes, you did hear right - there are ruins dotting the area around La-Mulana. Sign up, and you can explore the area beyond the jungle on the village outskirts. Note: The Oannes' Tower Bonus Tour humbly requests you bring your own shovel - you're going to need it.

(E-4) Let's Go Tour Bus Timetable. 1 bus in the morning (if we feel like it). 8 hours to the closest city with an airport.

(E-4) [Face Mural] There are several face murals by the ruins' entrance. They contain mechanisms to make the eyes glow, but it isn't in effect at the current time. The reason for the murals' construction is unclear. Please head downwards. [Warning!] Please do not jump off of the edge unless you are a qualified ninja (or achaeologist).

(E-5) [Split Gate] Similar ot the Candi Bentar of Bali Island, but decorated differently. It's thought to have been built in tribute to the creator of the La-Mulana ruins, but these claims are unverified. There are also tales that people emerged from here once, but these claims, too, are unverified.

(F-5) [The Mural of Departure] A mural thought to be depicting the history of the La-Mulana ruins, though these claims have not been verified. The ruins through the gate on the right are known as the "Gate of Guidance".

Research
(F-3) [Great Elder Statue] These ruins and the village owe all their prosperity to the Great Elder. Don't knock or climb on the statute.

La-Mulana Ruins
Gate of Guidance
Map, Exits, Shops
Gate of Guidance.jpg
Gate of Guidance.jpg (42.15 KiB) Viewed 8044 times

Exits
X1 = to Village of Departure
X2 = to La-Mulana Ruins (Mausoleum of the Giants)
X3 = to La-Mulana Ruins (Mausoleum of the Giants)
X4 = to La-Mulana Ruins (Gate of Illusion)

Shops
S1 = Hiner (B-4): "Hey there, c'mon in! This is the La-Mulana Bargain Shop!"
- Weights ($10), Codices (purchased), Ankh Jewel (purchased twice)
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets and Signs
(C-1) [Gate of Guidance] This area around the entrance of the La-Mulana ruins is known as the "Gate of Guidance". The ruins are split into sections, such as this one, and it has been determined that these sections were created and inhabited by different races.

(C-2) The depths of the ruins are pitch black. They were once lit by undying flames, but these flames winked out when the ruins collapsed. [Warning!] There are bats in the ruins! So... we'd appreciate it if you'd kill them for us.

(D-2) [Treasure Chest] There are many treasure chests hidden throughout the ruins. You will need to undo the mechanisms locking them. For example, this chest can be unlocked by placing a Weight on the pedestal below.

(D-2) [Reconstructions of La-Mulana Peoples] Six distinct races are thought to have lived in La-Mulana. These races are called the 1st-6th Children. The expression "Children" comes from the fact that their "Mother", La-Mulana, created them. Incidentally, we villagers are the 7th Children, and you, our patrons, are the 8th.

(E-2) Construction Ongoing. We are busy repairing the structural collapse of the ruins. Danger. Do not enter. -Chief of construction, Samaranta.

(B-3) The ruins are labyrinthian. The room on the left, for example, cannot be reached conventionally by human means - unless that human is capable of jumping incredible distances. [Warning!] Don't attempt the jump unless you are absolutely certain you can! Only a certified ninja (or archaeologist) can make the jump!

(C-3) [Valuables] Vases often have coins or weaponry inside. Some vases, such as the one above, are out of immediate reach. Perhaps there were ancient forerunners who could jump their way up?

(B-4) [Holy Grail] The chest above contains an artifact known as the Holy Grail. It's said that reading a Holy Grail Tablet will record its location to the Holy Grail, allowing you to instantaneously recall your very being back to said location. It's a priceless artifact so we ask patrons not to handle it.

(B-5) Pathway under construction following the collapse of the ruins (which I had nothing to do with, by the way). Feel free to crawl over the rubble and climb on the girders.

(A-6) Mausoleum of the Giants ahead.

Research
(D-2) [The 1st Children] Reconstructed based on surviving records and recovered fossils. A race with snake-like lower bodies, thought to have resembled the Mother more closely than any other. Many aspects of the race are a mystery as there are few records of them.

(D-2) [The 2nd Children] A reconstruction of the race known as "giants". This race, which is said to have constructed nearly the entirety of La-Mulana, is relatively well-documented, allowing for detailed reconstructions down to the accessories they wore. There are many statues in praise of the giants, but it's unclear exactly how "giant" they were.

(D-2) [The 3rd Children] Reconstructed based on surviving records and recovered fossils. This race had bird-like wings protruding from their backs. Analysis of their remains suggests a drastically different physical make-up from modern man, including slender bodies tuned for flight, and long limbs. They are distinguished by the long, backwards-arcing crest that stems from their heads.

(D-2) [The 4th Children] Reconstructed based on surviving records and recovered fossils. Records note they had "fish bodies". But whether that means they were "fish-bodied" or "humans with fish-like features" is unclear. Their recorded history is remarkably sparse, suggesting they were not significntly intelligent.

(D-2) [The 5th Children] Reconstructed based on surviving records and recovered fossils. They had a body structure that closely resembled modern man, with evidence suggesting they were of shorter stature. Records detail that they established some means of creating life itself, pointing towards extreme intelligence. They created the 6th Children.

(D-2) [The 6th Children] Spawned by the 5th Children's life-creating device, the Tree of Life. They were born by imbuing clay bodies with life. Their vast numbers splintered into warring factions. All analysis suggests they were almost physically indistinguishable from modern man.

(B-3) [Ancient Mayan Airship?] Bears a striking resemblance to Olmec-era artifacts found in Mexico. Looks at once like a decorated flute and a man riding an airship.

(B-3, C-3) [Face Mural] Bears a striking resemblance to the colossal Olmec head at the La Venta ruins in Mexico.

Mausoleum of the Giants
Map and Exits
Mausoleum of the Giants.jpg
Mausoleum of the Giants.jpg (35.55 KiB) Viewed 7692 times
* = save tablet

Exits
X1 = to La-Mulana Ruins (Gate of Guidance)
X2 = to La-Mulana Ruins (Gate of Guidance)
X3 = to La-Mulana Ruins (Endless Corridor)
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets and Signs
(A-1) [Mausoleum of the Giants] This section of the ruins contains monuments to the giant race, the "2nd Children". The extensive damage to the Mausoleum of the Giants is still under repair. Please watch your step.

(A-2) [Nebra Sky Disk] An astronomic mural with carvings of the sun, moon, and stars. It can be inferred that the forerunners who lived in the La-Mulana ruins had a sophisticated grasp of astronomy. The mural contains records of successful communication between the forerunners and extraterrestrials.

(A-2) [Cursed Tablet] The tablet ahead is cursed. It's said that those who dare to read it twice will meet with misfortune. It was relocated here for safety as all signs suggest its curse is still active. [Warning!] Do not read it under any circumstances!

(A-2) You are forbidden from laying eyes on this tablet again. Those who do not heed this warning will suffer pain of death.

(A-2) Insolent fool. Taste the bitterness of death.

(B-3) [Zebu Statue] Led the nine giant siblings. Zebu is the eldest brother, said to have attempted to maintain peace between his siblings throughout their conflict. This may be why he is immortalized as a figure holding up the Earth.

(C-4) [Warning!] Repairs have not been completed beyond this point. In the interest of safety please record your journey here before moving on.

(D-4) [Migela and Futo Statue] Migela, Futo, Bado, and Ledo were known as the "Star Giants". Their goal was to leave the ruins and venture to space. Murals have been unearthed that suggest they communicated with extraterrestrials.

(D-4) [Bado Statue] Said to have been the first to fall in the battle against the "Moon Giants".

(E-4} [Ledo Statue] Said to have been killed when stabbed through the chest by the Moon Giant, Sakit. Theories suggest she wanted to escape to the surface not only out of principle, but because she dreamed of seeing the sun. Note: Ledo's statue is undergoing repair. The head is less complete than at time of discovery, and research into restoring it is underway.

(A-5) [Abuto Statue] The last giant to have lived. Credited with leaving a record of the giants' history to the future. P.S.: Abuto's statue is under repair.

(A-5) [Sakit Statue] Sakit is attributed with sparking the conflict between the giants when he attacked Ledo. The tale of how he "emedded a key imbued with his power into Ledo's body before falling into slumber" continues to captivate imaginations generations later, but Sakit's motives remain a mystery. P.S.: Sakit's statue is under repair.

(B-5) [Ji Statue] "Moon Giants", those who wanted to remain living in these lands of La-Mulana, revolted against the "Star Giants". It's said the Moon Giants prayed for the conflict to come to an end.

(B-5) [Ribu Statue] The statues in this room are of a group of giants known as the "Moon Giants". This one, Ribu, was executed for colluding in the Star Giants' rocket development plan.

Skeletons
(E-4) It's not so bad being a skeleton; I've made lots of friends! Look at all the roaches!

(E-4) I made it deeper into the ruins than eDRoaCH!

Research
(C-4) [Nazca Lines] A mural of a series of ancient geoglyphs located in the Nazca Desert of Peru. This mural resembles one of those geoglyphs, thought to be depicting a hand.

(C-5) [Nazca Lines] A mural of a series of ancient geoglyphs located in the Nazca Desert of Peru. This mural resembles one of those geoglyphs, thought to be depicting a tree. The depiction in this mural appears to be upside down.

Gate of Illusion
Map, Exits, Characters
Gate of Illusion.jpg
Gate of Illusion.jpg (9.1 KiB) Viewed 9425 times

Exits
X1 = to La-Mulana Ruins (Mausoleum of the Giants)
X2 = to Roots of Yggdrasil

C1 = Fobos (see "CLUES FROM MAIN CHARACTERS")
Other Clues Discovered
Research
(B-1) [Face Mural] Bears a striking resemblance to the colossal Olmec head at the La Venta ruins in Mexico.

(C-1) [Children's Statue] A statue likely to have been constructed by the 2nd Children. It depicts Children expressing their loyalty to the Mother, La-Mulana, through ritual dance.

Endless Corridor
Map, Exits, Characters
Endless Corridor.jpg
Endless Corridor.jpg (8.5 KiB) Viewed 9100 times

Exits
X1 = to La-Mulana Ruins (Mausoleum of the Giants)

C1 = now empty

Inferno Cavern
Map, Exits
Inferno Cavern.jpg
Inferno Cavern.jpg (6.33 KiB) Viewed 7562 times

Exits
X1 = to Village of Departure

Research
(A-1) {Snapshots} The Alfr spoke of that which resists extinction. ~ Of what is known as the "Children" ~ Those who seek, must speak ~ the name of "Barn" {Recorded mantra "Barn"!}

Roots of Yggdrasil
Map, Exits, Shops, Characters, Bosses
Roots of Yggdrasil.jpg
Roots of Yggdrasil.jpg (67.42 KiB) Viewed 7905 times
* = Holy Grail Tablet
waffle = "waffle pattern"
M = Bust of Mimir
! = Ankh: Guardian Fafnir {obliterated}

Exits
X1 = to La-Mulana Ruins (Gate of Illusion)
X2 = to Divine Fortress
X3 = to Annwfn
X4 = to Annwfn
X5 = to Immortal Battlefield

Shops
S1 = Korobock (C-5): "Hey, what's up? What can I do ya for?"
- Weights ($10), Shuriken Ammo ($10), Guild (purchased)

C1 = Vili (E-4)
- Who are you? This is Eg-Lana, the land of exile where one can only wait for death. And this place itself is the deepest level of Eg-Lana, the Roots of Yggdrasil. Leave this place now if you value your life.

C2 = Sigyn (B-3)
- Would you not hear my final wish, as I lie here on my deathbed? Please release my husband. Accused of a crime, he is being subjected to punishment by continuous exposure to poisoned water. As I have become unable to keep the poisoned water from him, he suffers yet. He is trapped in the room below the statues of the three goddesses. Poisoned water drips down from the beast statue hung above his head. Please, help him...
- His soul is no longer here... Where has it gone...

C3 = Ve (E-6)
- On the branches past this land lies the fortress governed by the ruler Odin and his company. The fortress was built by we of the Aesir tribe in order to enseal the Vanir, who sought to destroy our Mother, our lands. The gates are sealed by Guardians.
- Ye who have defeated Fafnir, listen well. The gate has opened. Yggdrasil has begun preparations for the End. The gates sealed by the power of souls shall be unlocked by the souls of the Guardians. The gate with the correct number of souls shall open.

Bosses
B1 = Ratatoskr (B-1) {sealed}
B2 = Nidhogg (D-1) {defeated}
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets
(B-1) (6th Child: Lokapala) Skuld's Root continues toward the future. Ratatoskr gnaws on the roots, before heading to the treetop.

(F-1) (6th Child: Lokapala) This is Verdandi's Root. The path to those who have dwelled in this land since ancient times.

(G-1) (6th Child: Lokapala) The path from the roots blocked at Yggdrasil Gate. Beyond, the ancient land of origin, the Icefire Treetop. The land of ongoing warfare, the Immortal Battlefield. The land where the future of the Yggdrasil was set, Annwfn.

(B-2) (6th Child: Lokapala) A seal unlocked by four sigils. Sometimes they seal a path, sometimes power.

(C-2) (5th Child: Amarna) The path protecting the beast god Sekhmet, is protected by five mantras. A path woven of five mantras.

(D-2) (5th Child: Amarna) This is Urd's Root, a path guarded by the black dragon Nidhogg. The road to the land of the dead.

(E-2) (6th Child: Lokapala) The Trickster sealed by the goddesses. Who invites the world's end. Shall be cursed to an eternity of poison.

(F-2) (6th Child: Lokapala) The goddesses looked upon those wielding power, and wept. They looked upon those wielding weapons, too, and wept.

(F-2) (6th Child: Lokapala) When the goddesses weep, the spring shall run dry. Marking the beginning of the end for Yggdrasil.

(B-3) (6th Child: Lokapala) Do not approach. Do not attempt to grasp that which cannot be reached by your hands.

(C-3) (6th Child: Lokapala) Beware. Fools who thoughtlessly harm the holy relics held within. Will suffer the divine wrath of the blue eye.

(D-3) (6th Child: Alfr) This is the Roots of Yggdrasil. The roots that connect the world to the land of beginnings.

(E-3) (6th Child: Lokapala) The Holy Grail revives memories of lands once visited. Hold it in hand, and rouse those memories. Your very being shall be summoned thereto.

(C-4) (6th Child: Lokapala) Power is ensealed within Yggdrasil by mantras. Yggdrasil leads they who can harness the 10 mantras. Leads the holder of the Djed, to "the End".

(D-4) (6th Child: Alfr) - The Alfr Seeress' Prophecy Part II -
Goddesses live in the roots of Yggdrasil
Three goddesses who spin time
The time-spinning goddesses keep the roots of Yggdrasil watered
The spring is forever protected to keep Yggdrasil alive
O, three goddess protectors of Yggdrasil
Don't let the squirrel Ratatoskr get away
No place it visits is to be missing
The foul words of the black dragon Nidhogg that "the water has run out"
Shall reach Hraesvelgr in the treetops

(D-4) (6th Child: Lokapala) Welcome, denizen of the Mother's world. This is the world of fools at constant war. A land of battle destined for ruin. Are you the harbinger of ruin? Or did you simply flow in on the tide? You pitiful one, who will never know freedom from struggle.

(D-5) (6th Child: Alfr) You, who would stop time. Light will be bestowed on you if you prove you have the power worthy of it.

(D-5) (6th Child: Aesir) The Vanir, who sought to destroy the great Mother's world. Exiled to this land, the branches of Eg-Lana, wherein they were sealed. The Vanir must not be awakened. They are the negative counterparts we birthed.

(E-5) (6th Child: Lokapala) The seeking blue light sears flesh. Rejecting all life. Cold steel alone may pass unscathed.

(C-6) (6th Child: Alfr) Past the roots of Yggdrasil lies Annwfn. The kingdom of the fairies who have foreseen the future of this world.

(D-6) (6th Child: Lokapala) Take note of the branches growing from Yggdrasil. The areas branching off beyond a gate. Those who fight and those who protect alike are ensealed within.

(E-6) (5th Child: Amarna) The golden rock. Stores the power of the stars.

Skeletons
(A-1) There's a switch deep in the hole in the floor. Somebody bring me a stick. I tried to push it and my hand got stuck and I up and died. High five!

(F-1) I tried to clean a curry stain off my shirt, and this was the only water around. I am not a clever man.

(G-1) How do you get into the room back there? I guess you gotta just grab onto the column and take a leap of faith. Haha, what am I, a ninja?

(B-2) What's that round, sigil-like thing? Wonder if you need something special to work it?

(C-2) These ruins are full of mysteries. Moving forward I'm going to leave the cryptic mumbo-jumbo for later. Didn't think I'd move all the way forward to the next life, though.

(F-2) That's weird. I feel like there should be a mechanism for this around here somewhere...

(B-3) I finally make my way into ruins that look like they'd have treasure, and the first thing I do is almost get killed by a trap... I don't think the medicine I have will be of any help. Damn. I really should've made a note of the trap that did me in.

(D-3) The lower parts of these ruins are scary. I think I'll try exploring the upper parts first. OK, time for a rest. For all eternity, that is.

(E-3) Looks like the rooms of the ruins have names. Someone gimme a map. I'll seriously buy one!

(C-4) Huff, puff... I was running away from some BIG-ass monster, and ended up here. If you can't beat an opponent, you can come back after you've gotten stronger, right? I might be dust and bones, but I won't give up, Mom!

(C-4) What's up with this stone tablet? It just has some myth written on it. No hints? Come on, give me a break here.

(E-4) "From the top down" is the basics of ruin exploration. If you fall down to the bottom first and can't get back up, you're screwed.

(C-5) Skeletons keep getting the drop on me so I tried punching one on the ground to be safe. If I become a skeleton am I gonna get safety punched, too?

(E-5) I need more Weights... I shoulda bought more at the shop aboveground. Let this be a lesson to ya: better safe than sorry.

(D-6) Spikes don't hurt if you walk through them instead of falling on them. That said, this is way too many spikes for me. Yeesh. My ass is gonna be sore tomorrow.

(E-6) "You only live once"... That's why I made the trek out here! Now I realize what it really means... Never thought death could be so educational!

(E-6) Ohh... So that's why a bunch of bodies were lying around here...

(E-6) Word to the wise: don't destroy the column...

Research
(B-1) [Statue of Verdandi] One of the three goddesses in ancient Norse mythology said to control fate. Goddess of "the present" and "life". Nurtures Yggdrasil with the water from the spring.

(D-1) [Statue of Urd] One of the three goddesses in ancient Norse mythology said to control fate. Goddess of "the past" and "death". Nurtures Yggdrasil with the water from the spring.

(F-1) [Statue of Skuld] One of the three goddesses in ancient Norse mythology said to control fate. Goddess of "the future" and "duty". Nurtures Yggdrasil with the water from the spring.

(D-2) There are words written on the mural, but they're too big to scan. Try using specialized software.

(F-3) [Ankh] A crucifix ensealing the souls of the ruins' Guardians. Can be destroyed using the Ankh Jewel sub-weapon.

(E-6) [Bust of Mimir] A god of wisdom in ancient Norse mythology. Beheaded by the Vanir. His severed head lives on through Odin's magic. Said to be highly wise, and that incanting in front of the bust will trigger a response.

Divine Fortress
Divine Fortress.jpg
Divine Fortress.jpg (45.57 KiB) Viewed 6364 times
* = Holy Grail Tablet
waffle = "waffle pattern"

Exits
X1 = to Roots of Yggdrasil
X2 = to Valhalla

Shops
S1 = Shuhoka (B-5): "Hey, sweetie! May I be of assistance? I'm happy to help!"
- Weights ($10), Shuriken Ammo ($10), Alert (purchased)

C1 = Hermod (D-4)
- This is the Divine Fortress. This fortress was built for the purpose of sealing away the Vanir, a race born from us 6th Children, and one which would see the world destroyed. The hall in which they live is sealed off by a gate. We Aesir, also of the 6th Children, have been sealed inside Eg-Lana for continuing battle with the Vanir. No one here wishes for the end of the world.
- I have entered the Underworld before. If you are to travel to the Underworld, then I shall teach you what I once learned from Modgud: "Fire erupting from the earth, stretches towards the Sun". Incant this before Garm, who will block your path.

C2 = Tyr (E-4)
- I have heard that the Trickster of Yggdrasil has been freed. I saw a light fly toward Valhalla. I believe he came back for the purpose of reawakening Vritra. Our own race created this disaster. It is the beginning of the End.

C3 = Eitri (A-3)
- Who are you? You have no place here. Get out.
- Who are you? What? A ship? I know nothing. That is my brother's. He's in the workshop down below.
- The ship reminded me, but I have a useful item that's been left just sitting there in my home. I've made it so that you can open the treasure chest. Gahahahahahaha.

C4 = Brokkr (A-3)
- Get out!
- Who are you? What? A ship? I know nothing. Actually, I do. Gahahaha. I didn't build that ship. I do know how to make it go, though. But that ship wasn't built by me, so it's a piece of crap. You can fold it up and carry it around, but it's not exactly well-handling ship. Almost useless, actually; it just kinda floats where the water takes it. Gahahahahahaha. There. Now the ship should be all folded up. Go ahead and take it. Gahahahahahaha.

C5 = Thor (C-2)
- Jormungand is the master of serpents. He has been sealed away in the place known as the Immortal Battlefield. Revive the water surrounding the world and use the golden key to call upon him. I, too, once attempted to defeat him, but was no match for the serpent's power. You will struggle unless you borrow the power of birds moved by a golden key.
- That hammer, Mjolnir, was once my own weapon. I have lost my powers, so you are now more worthy of brandishing it. However, its grip was made too short, and it is yet incomplete. While it cannot be reforged, if you were able to borrow the power of one who can control storms as I can, then you may be able to harness its full power. The lightning shot from it would never fail to hit its mark. Somewhere there is one like me, who can control storms. Borrow their power. Only then m

Bosses
B1 = Hugin & Munin (E-3) {defeated}
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets
(D-1) (6th Child: Aesir) That is the medicine of the eternal life, sought after by countless deities. A gift of paradise, it restores life after death.
"The horn blast of the End disappears into the wind of they who wish for eternity".
"Night continues for eternity, towards the Child's road left by the Mother".

(B-2) (6th Child: Aesir) Liquor passed down by a Lokapala sage. Our hidden treasure that allows one to escape death but once. If you seek it, you must make the climb by Odin's side. Keep the deity's words on your lips as you make for the great cup.

(C-2) (Underworld) Gondul, maiden custodian of the golden wings. Svafa, maiden custodian of the glove of power.

(C-2) (6th Child: Vanir) The lord sits on the true throne and incants "Fire, rain upon the earth".

(D-2) (Underworld) Skogal and Reginleif, maiden custodians of the rustic and repurposed.

(B-3) (6th Child: Aesir) In Valhalla there is a pond of poisoned water. The Vanir sunk their treasure in its tainted depths.

(C-3) (Underworld) Brynhild, maiden custodian of the divine chalice. Raogrior, maiden custodian of the golden-gleaming wrist guard. Sigrun, maiden custodian of the lunar breastplate.

(A-4) (6th Child: Alfr) The Soul Gate is sealed by the souls of those who keep guard. Extinguish the lights of souls etched above the gate. Offer as many Guardians' lives as lights. Then, lo, the gates shall open.

(B-4) (6th Child: Alfr) Four fairies live on in within Yggdrasil. Their power will be revealed to those who obtain the Fairy King's grace. The light of the fairies will summon a door.

(C-4) (6th Child: Alfr) This is the Divine Fortress. Where the Aesir preside over their Vanir captives.

(C-4) (6th Child: Vanir) Vritra, the calamity of the Vanir's creation. Created to overturn the prescripts of the end. It slumbers in an Ankh, storing energy until that day arrives.

(C-4) (6th Child: Aesir) Aim and shoot.

(D-4) (6th Child: Aesir) Valhalla lies beyond the gate deep in the Divine Fortress. We of Odin sealed it behind that gate. Do not approach, unless you pine for the End.

(E-4) (6th Child: Aesir) The migratory ravens, Hugin and Munin. Odin's servants, and protectors of a sigil.

(B-5) (6th Child: Aesir) Valhalla, where the souls of warriors gather. Where there are twelve thrones, rafters of spear shafts, and a roof thatched of shields.

(C-5) (6th Child: Aesir) Shoot at the figure before you.

Skeletons
(D-2) When you stop to think about it, Heaven's just a place without any actual ground... Scary.

(C-3) You should pick the right equipment for the job. Always prepare for the worst. Like me, never caught wearing anything but my trusty old banana hammock. I made it this far in life with this philosophy, so trust me on this one.

(D-3) It cannot be reached by your feet. Turn back. It couldn't be reached by my feet. Turn back. Careful your toes don't get pinched. You don't want to end up like me.

Research
(D-2) [Yuga] A ring with a diagram that represents the 4.32 million-year cycle the world undergoes, split into four ages. These four ages are known as the Satya Yuga, the Treta Yuga, the Dvapara Yuga, and the Kali Yuga. A lotus flower is depicted in the center of the ring.

(C-5) [Crow's Map] A mural depicting two migratory crows. While ostensibly an illustration of Hugin and Munin, some say it represents the Divine Fortress itself.

(D-5) {Snapshot} The Aesir spoke of the scattered stars ~ Of what is known as "heaven" ~ Those who seek, must speak ~ the name of "Himinn" {Recorded mantra "Himinn!"}

Valhalla
Valhalla.jpg
Valhalla.jpg (46.67 KiB) Viewed 6761 times
* = Holy Grail Tablet
T = Totem Pole Altar
! = Ankh: Guardian Vritra {obliterated}

Exits
X1 = to Divine Fortress
X2 = to Corridor of Blood
X3 = to Shrine of the Frost Giants

Shops
S1 = Bargain Duck (D-4): "You look really tough. Go ahead, buy some stuff!"
- Weights ($10), Caltrop Ammo ($30), Future Development Company (purchased)

C1 = Hoenir (A-3)
- I felt the soul of the Trickster of Yggdrasil. He is attempting to awaken the Ankh in this land. It is not yet time to unleash Vritra. He is in hiding somewhere. Stop him.

C2 = Bhaga (A-4)
- There were once three machines which came to us 6th Children from the sky. They were named Shiva, Vishnu, and Brahma. Shiva and Vishnu, weapons with the power to burn entire cities were rendered useless during the war. Brahma alone, watching over the world from above, was taken away by beings who came from the skies. It is said that Brahma possesses all information on Eg-Lana.
- Brahma has amassed an immense amount of knowledge, and is said to show it to those who desire to see it. His four arms control the four eras - the Yuga. Placing the appropriate offerings on each arm will activate Brahma. The means to solving that mystery lie in Brahma's dialogues on creation left around Eg-Lana. Brahma may have been moved to a different location within Eg-Lana. Shiva can no longer be used as a weapon, but its destructive power remains. Do not attack its head.

C3 = Brihaspathi (D-3)
- Who are you?! Get out! Or so I was about to say... but what is this? I can sense a malicious spirit outside. What have you done?
- The soul of the Trickster of Yggdrasil is headed toward Vritra's Ankh. Vritra is not yet at full power. Vritra has not yet awakened. When the pitch black flames engulf this land, the end of the world will begin. Stop Vritra and the Trickster of Yggdrasil.

C4 = Pushan (C-1)
- Do you know about mantras? Via the hidden relic known as the Djed Pillar, a mantra turns words containing power into power itself. Incant the Himinn mantra representing "Heaven" in front of the Bust of Mimir here in this room, and a path leading up above will appear. There are a lot of similar mechanisms here in Eg-Lana that are sealed by mantras.
- If you see a Bust of Mimir, then there's something hidden nearby. Think for yourself to figure out which mantra you should incant. By the way, I've heard that chanting the Iorð mantra, representing "Earth", in front of that huge rock at the Roots of Yggdrasil will cause something pretty bad to happen.

Bosses
B1 = Vucub Caquix (C-3) {defeated}
B2 = Jalandhara (B-4) {defeated}
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets
(C-1) (6th Child: Alfr) Do not touch the spiraling light. It will burn anything not born of this land to cinders.

(D-1) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Shiva sits in the heavens, from which he drops the light that burns the land below. Vishnu sits in the heavens, from which he watches the land below. The two gods fall from heaven over an old conflict. Leaving behind Brahma, who is relocated to one of Yggdrasil's branches. The primeval entity of many heads and arms, who watches over this world of his creation.

(A-2) (6th Child: Vanir) This is the fortress of the Vanir, who defied the Aesir who sought to destroy
Yggdrasil. The calamity Vritra is sealed here until the day comes for the End.

(C-2) (6th Child: Vanir) Do not approach the Corridor of Blood. Doing so will invite the End. Those who brave the Corridor of Blood will be exiled to the land that is not.

(D-2) (6th Child: Alfr) A child's heart sleeps in the Spiral Boat. The spiral depths are nestled within the deeper, darker depths of the heart. The child's heart is the final gate.

(E-2) (1st Child: Anunnaki) The Kamandalu Water Pot is tolerance. It is the vessel which will tolerate any battle that provokes chaos.

(A-3) (6th Child: Alfr) There is a hidden means of binding to an Ankh. The fate of those who bury their soul within an Ankh is tied to its Guardian.

(B-3) (6th Child: Alfr) This is Valhalla. Where the souls of those fallen in battle are gathered.

(B-3) (6th Child: Alfr) The blue eye protects Yggdrasil. It levels divine punishment against those who dare to harm the holy lands. The red eye protects Yggdrasil. It levels divine punishment against those pitiful few who ransack these lands.

(C-3) (6th Child: Vanir) The gold-plated giant Vucub Caquix is protected by his two sons. The brothers Zipakna and Cabracan. He will be awakened when the their lives are spent.

(D-3) (6th Child: Alfr) Dissonance lingers where Children of the same seed are in conflict. When the calamity that governs conflict disappears, dissonance will be released. And the stone with a face swallows it.

(A-4) (6th Child: Vanir) Cast a spear that penetrates the earth through the hole that runs through it.

(B-4) (6th Child: Vanir) The true lord of the Asura who deposed Vishnu from his seat in heaven, Jalandhara. He is ensealed here so his terrible power may not be free.

(C-4) (6th Child: Vanir) Sit to proceed.

(D-4) (6th Child: Lokapala) There are two stone tablets that respond to the holy chalice. The waves that warp the chalice's power will lead you to the black stone tablet.

(B-5) (Underworld) There is one who assumes the same form as you. And with it, the same strengths, against which there is no victory. If you wish to destroy it stock strength in your body before unleashing it.

Skeletons
(A-2) I'm a professional speed-running exploration extraordinaire! You won't catch me wasting time examining rocks! Well, unless we're talking about my grave... Geez. Might as well examine the hell out of it!

(B-4) Eg-Lana... I was this close to clearing it... I'll try again later, in the next life.

Research
(D-1) {Snapshots} The Vanir spoke of bottomless want ~ Of what is known as "fire" ~ Those who seek, must speak ~ the name of "Eldr" {Recorded mantra "Eldr"!}

(C-2) [Corridor of Blood] A corridor is said to awaken upon drinking the blood of the mighty. It is not known where the corridor leads.

(A-3), (C-3), (B-4), (C-4) [Armored Thrones] Thrones dotted around Valhalla. It is said that the true king sits on but one of the twelve thrones.

Annwfn
Annwfn.jpg
Annwfn.jpg (59.91 KiB) Viewed 5893 times
* = Holy Grail Tablet
T = Totem Pole Altar
! = Ankh: Guardian Kujata {obliterated}

Exits
X1 = to Roots of Yggdrasil
X2 = to Immortal Battlefield
X3 = to Roots of Yggdrasil
X4 = to Shrine of the Frost Giants

Shops
S1 = Pym (E-1): "Here you can swap items for money. Stuff I found on the grou-... Nothing, never mind."
- Weights ($10), Rolling Shuriken Ammo ($10), Snapshots (purchased)

Characters
C1 = Frey, Freya (B-2)
- My name is Frey. I am King of the Fairies. Who sets foot here in my land? Do you possess power? {Of course!} If you have power, then I shall lend you mine also. See my sister, Freya, and receive from her a symbol proving your power. Then you shall receive the power of the fairies.
- That is Freya's Pendant, a true testimony to power. I shall lend you my power. Use it to bring forth the End. I shall grant you the powers of my servant, Eir the Fairy of Life. The Fairy Light can summon fairies. I've made it visible to you. Touch it to bring the fairies to you.
- My power is already waning. The fairies have been captured by evil races. Only the Fairy of Life, Eir, remains with us. If we could only find the other fairies, I could offer you my help.
- {for Freya, see "CLUES FROM MAIN CHARACTERS"}

C2 = Voluspa (D-4)
- I am Voluspa the Seer. I am one of the few remaining Alfr. My powers of premonition are no more, and now I simply wait for the End. The Guardian controlling Annwfn prevents us from carrying out our plans. The Fairy King's powers are also waning. Please, go speak to Frey the Fairy King.
- Have you spoken with the Fairy King yet? We Alfr are attempting to prevent the End in which the Mother would use her power to destroy the world. However, with the Mother's bonds over us still strong, we cannot carry out this plan on our own. If you do not wish to see the end of the world itself, then please, help us. I shall call forth the Ankh of the Guardian of Annwfn.

Bosses
B1 = Kaliya (D-1) {defeated}
B2 = Ixtab (E-4) {defeated}
B3 = Heimdall (C-5) {defeated}
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets
(C-1) (6th Child: Alfr) Power shall be bestowed upon ye who pushes the white box.

(D-1) (6th Child: Alfr) The black dragon Nidhogg dwells at the Roots of Yggdrasil. The path forward will not reveal itself to the weak. Venture forth with strength.

(B-2) (6th Child: Alfr) The Fairy King's Mausoleum lies ahead. The resting place of the Alfr king who foresaw Eg-Lana's future.

(C-2) (6th Child: Alfr) - The Alfr Seeress' Prophecy Part III -
The Alfr saw the world of end
The fall of the mighty
Its inhabitants scorched away by conflict
Yggdrasil awakens
Saw the red star that grants a wish that is howled at the final gate

(C-2) (6th Child: Alfr) Eg-Lana forms the body of the Original Child. The Lokapala schemed to control Eg-Lana at their whim. But they were opposed by another race - us. We of the Alfr are loyal to the Fairy King, Frey.

(D-2) (6th Child: Alfr) Scan the mantra-engraved walls. Their words hold power. Those with the Djed Pillar will be able to harness mantras. They will unleash the selecting of mantras curated by the virtual wise man.

(E-2) (6th Child: Alfr) The Guardian Kujata was set upon Annwfn by the Lokapala. Only to be sealed by an Ankh at the Alfr Seeress' hands.

(E-2) (6th Child: Alfr) The more powerful of the Alfr possess the gift of clairvoyance. Their efforts to preserve their prophecy for Eg-Lana test the limits of their defiance against the Mother's influence.

(F-2) (6th Child: Alfr) Kujata slumbers amid a Sea of Chaos. You must possess a ship to cross the Sea of Chaos. A ship of the Dwarf siblings Brokkr and Eitri's creation.

(B-3) (6th Child: Alfr) Boldly go beyond the watery divide.

(C-3) (6th Child: Alfr) This is Annwfn. The last bastion of resistance against those who seek to control Eg-Lana.

(D-3) (6th Child: Alfr) The Serpent King, Kaliya. He seals the path to the virtual wise man.

(E-3) (6th Child: Alfr) The mantra-harnessing Alfr hidden relic, the Djed Pillar. It is fated to be swallowed by Kujata, the Guardian of Lokapala creation.

(F-3) (6th Child: Alfr) Ye who holds the 7th Children's figurine. Unto your Holy Grail we shall bestow memories anew.

(B-4) (6th Child: Alfr) The Titan race of the 2nd Children was wiped out. Their only remaining traces are their lands in the branches. Set sail, and you will be guided to the Shrine of the Frost Giants.

(C-4) (6th Child: Alfr) Abandon your desires. Do not lay your gaze upon them. Power will be bestowed upon those who can turn their backs on their desires.

(D-4) (6th Child: Lokapala) Those who seek the golden key must first obtain the power to cling to walls.

(D-4) (6th Child: Alfr) Bear a cog at the Pit of Time. The flow of time will run, leading to the path of its stilling.

(D-4) (6th Child: Alfr) You must possess the golden key. The power of storms rests in the belly of the Great Serpent, Jormungand.

(D-4) (6th Child: Alfr) Ye who seek the feather to carry them to the high lands. Traverse the Corridor of Blood and reach the Dark Star beyond.

(F-4) (6th Child: Alfr) Proceed if you yearn for either death or Heaven.

(D-5) (6th Child: Alfr) Heimdall will watch over the End from his perch atop the Rainbow Bridge. He will demonstrate his power when, and only when, the End begins. The blast of Heimdall's horn will mark the beginning of Yggdrasil's end.

(E-5) (6th Child: Alfr) Ye who seek power. Invoke the power of earth.

(F-5) (5th Child: Amarna) The golden rock keeps the Crystal from ascending to Heaven. It will pass to the hand with the mark of life.

Skeletons
(C-1) Push the white box, it says. Sure, I thinks. It doesn't seriously expect me to push it with my puny human arms, does it? Just gotta focus my chi. Hoo-haa! Oh wait, never mind. I don't know kung fu.

(C-2) Oh, fantastic! I went and died. Thanks, Eg-Lana. All I ever wanted out of life was to translate dirty games and play around with my phone... How am I supposed to do either of those without skin!? ...To anyone who might stumble across this message: Seriously, sit down and write that visual novel of yours. You're not gonna be around forever. I might, though. Oh, and can you feed my dogs for me, too? Thanks.

(D-2) Yes! I found a switch behind the wall! Um... Now what?

(F-2) This seems like a safe place to make camp. Tomorrow I'll find the treasure, for sure!

(C-3) Hold up. There's something written on the face.

(E-3) I picked up a note saying "The purple eye keeps watch over Death's Prison". Would've been nice to have known that before I died.

(A-4) Ha, finally found a boat down here. Lemme just get it down... Oh...

(E-4) Must. Keep. Head. Attached!

(E-4) Guess it wasn't the best time to have been stuffing my pockets... Welp, I'm boned...

(G-4) P-P-Poison gas!

(E-5) What's the big idea with that vase, anyways?

Research
(E-1) {Snapshot} 10 mantras and the virtual wise man who has mastery over them are carved into the wall.

(B-2) [Chacmool] Bears a striking resemblance to Mayan stone statues that can be found in ruins such as Chichen Itza. The belly of the statues are thought to be an altar for offering a sacrificial heart. However, their Eg-Lana counterparts simply use this as a candlestick.

(E-2), (E-4) [Warrior Statue] Bears a striking resemblance to the warrior statues in the Tula Xicocotitlan ruins in Mexico. Those in the Eg-Lana ruins have fairy-like wings.

(C-3) Climb Kukulkan's pterion.

(D-4) {Snapshot} The Aesir spoke of the vast, expansive greens ~ Of what is known as "earth" ~ Those who seek, must speak ~ the name of "Iorð" {Recorded mantra "Iorð!"}

(F-4) (6th Child: Alfr) Possessor of the figurine of prayer. Pray, that the memory of this moment may remain.
Last edited by Voltgloss 3 years ago, edited 80 times in total.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Immortal Battlefield
Immortal Battlefield.jpg
Immortal Battlefield.jpg (105.42 KiB) Viewed 5561 times
* = Holy Grail Tablet
T = Totem Pole Altar
F = Fairy Light
A = Altar Gate
! = Ankh: Guardian Jormungand {obliterated}

Exits
X1/X2 = from/to Annwfn
X3 = to Icefire Treetop
X4 = to Cavern and Cliff
X5 = to Gate of the Dead
X6 = to Roots of Yggdrasil
X7/X8 = to Icefire Treetop
X9 = to Takamagahara Shrine
X10 = to Hall of Malice
X11 = to Spiral Hell

Shops
S1 = Peibalusa (E-1): "... Whaddya want?"
- Weights ($10), Earth Spear Ammo ($20), Race Scanner (purchased)

S2 = Haja (G-4): "This is a hot spring where you can relax and regain your strength. You can pay a 30G donation to enter."

S3 = Hiro Roderick (G-6): "Heeey hey HEY! I sell the stuff I've scored around the ruins!"
- Weights ($10), Flare Gun ammo ($40), Harp (purchased)

Characters
C1 = Kubera (B-2)
- This place is run by the Lokapala, the 6th Children who aim to take control of Eg-Lana itself. They've taken control of Yggdrasil. Watch out for their lookouts. Get found and they'll gather their buddies to deal with you.

C2 = Mulbruk (G-3) (see "CLUES FROM MAIN CHARACTERS")

C3 = Soma (F-2)
- Do you know of Nibiru? Nibiru is said to be the paradise inhabited by those who came down from the skies. Those who came down from the skies called themselves the Annunaki. It was they who bestowed mankind with knowledge long, long ago. Nibiru is said to be on the other side of the Dark Star.

C4 = Yama (E-6)
- I am King of the Underworld. But lo - I have been cast out of my own Underworld, the land beneath Yggdrasil. There reside several Underworld rulers, one for each race. It is now controlled by the woman called Hel, the one who cast me out. O, tempora! O, mores!
- Would you rise to the challenge of the Underworld? It is known as the Eternal Prison, as it is the place where sinners were once jailed for all eternity. You will not be able to reach Hel without knowledge of the correct path. But I know another path. Cross the River Styx with a small key in hand. Then move on to Gnipahellir. You shall receive a weapon that will do you great service if you are to traverse the Underworld.

C5 = Alviss (G-7)
- I am the master of words and speech. Incant a word, and I will bestow upon them further meaning.
- Very well. "Heaven" is that which covers what is overhead. The fairies referred to such as the "beautiful roof".
- Very well. The "earth" is that which stretches long and wide. The Vanir referred to such as a "road".
- Very well. The "Sun" is that which both nurtures and tortures. The giants considered this duality to be "eternal".
- Very well. The "Moon" is that which is shrouded in shadow. The Ennead consider what was in shadow to be "missing" from the world.
- Very well. The "sea" is that which is vast and tranquil. The giants likened it to a "wall".
- Very well. "Fire" is that which smoulders with greed. The Olympians likened its disruptive power to a "tremor".
- Very well. The "wind" is that which brays as it passes. The giants likened it to a "scream".
- Very well. The "Mother" is a creature that fell into these lands. The giants understood her "wish" to return to home.
- Very well. The "Child" is that which is born to leave the nest. The giants referred to such as a "howl" for independence.
- Very well. The "night" is the inevitable, joyous sleep. The Children referred to such as the "End".

C6 = Indra (Altar)
- Was it you who raised our guardian Jormungand out of the water? How amusing! To think that one would come all this way to fulfill our ambitions! I shall call upon the Ankh of Jormungand! Go, throw away your life, as you so clearly desire!
- You are but a nuisance! Die! {blasted by lightning}
- You've defeated Jormungand, you say? Lying fool! Die! {blasted by lightning}

Bosses
B1 = Cetus (E-1) {defeated}
B2 = Svipdagr (H-6) {defeated}
B3 = Ratatoskr (C-3) {sealed}
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets
(C-1) (6th Child: Lokapala) A hole in the ground may well exist for a spear to pierce.

(D-1) (6th Child: Lokapala) Welcome to the land of human war. Where battle over a ring of water continues without end. This land will open itself when the ring of water is revived.

(E-1) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Present the 12 skulls. The Master Skull will impart the secrets of Eg-Lana unto you.

(G-1) (6th Child: Lokapala) Ye who seek to open the flood gates. Know that this water-locked land's awakening will also be the Great Serpent's. When water of Yggdrasil's roots flows through these lands, the Great Serpent shall be raised, and all paths will come alive.

(B-2) (6th Child: Lokapala) Ye who seek to bear the Gale Fibula must first pass the spear-bereft beast. Only then shall you dash like the wind incarnate, your human potential unlocked.

(C-2) (6th Child: Lokapala) Two sigils lie hidden within falling water. One seals the ship of life.

(D-2) (6th Child: Lokapala) Run like the wind. Let your feet carry you.

(E-2) (6th Child: Lokapala) There is an establishment that trades in live fairies. Those who can win its favor may be able to buy these fairies their freedom.

(F-2) (6th Child: Lokapala) The Amarna were a race of 5th Children who meddled in the arcane mysteries of life and death in hopes of escaping the Mother's influence. The Ennead fight tirelessly to keep them sealed. The Amarna and the Ennead are exhiled behind the Gate of the Dead. Wherein the light of souls keeps them sealed.

(G-2) (6th Child: Lokapala) Jormungand is sealed in this land. A battle like a turbulent gale awaits they with the golden key of our making.

(C-3) (6th Child: Alfr) Catalyze the stoppered flow of time at the Pit of Time. An ancient machine will duly deliver you to the Altar of Time.

(D-3) (6th Child: Lokapala) The Lokapala's secret altar. An altar to the great god Indra, who wishes for the onset of the time of destruction. Only those bearing the image of the Lokapala's protective deity will be permitted into the divine fold.

(F-3) (5th Child: Amarna) There are no tablets recording the Dark Star Lord's footprints. Trace his footprints in the lands of the Dark Star. There Ra's servant Sekhmet guards Aten's Room and the Room of Judgement.

(G-3) (6th Child: Alfr) This is the Immortal Battlefield. The water-locked roots of the great tree.

(G-4) (6th Child: Alfr) Soak in the water for your body will be healed.

(H-4) (6th Child: Lokapala) A path leading outside. However, it leads to a fall off a precipice. So that none may escape.

(B-5) (6th Child: Alfr) Beyond Nidhogg's gate. There lies a tool to latch onto walls. On the path between searing lands and the frozen.

(D-5) (6th Child: Aesir) Those who possess Mjolnir can harness storms. Lightning that strikes them will be theirs to wield. But be wary, for the body can only absorb so much.

(F-5) (6th Child: Alfr) - The Alfr Seeress' Prophecy Part I -
Sound fills the air
Heimdall blows his horn
Yggdrasil shakes
A screech whines from the towering, ancient tree
The Jotun are unleashed
Heimdall does not sleep
He keeps vigilant watch even through the night as the end encroaches

(G-5) (6th Child: Alfr) The clashing lands of searing heat and freezing cold lie beyond Nidhogg's gate. The lands of the peak of Yggdrasil, that constitute the Icefire Treetop. Acquire the power to withstand both hot and cold.

(H-5) (6th Child: Alfr) The ship is known as the Spiral Boat. Seals protect the Spiral of Life, and the Spiral of Hell. The two sigils hidden by falling water. One of them seals the Spiral Boat.

(A-6) (1st Child: Anunnaki) There are as many Mala Prayer Beads as worldly desires. The beads weave together those whose desires drive them to fight tirelessly. Even after their lives are exhausted.

(B-6) (6th Child: Alfr) There exists a gate to the Spiral Boat. A gate sealed by nine souls. Somewhere within Eg-Lana.

(C-6) (6th Child: Lokapala) Power will be bestowed to those who can withstand body-melting heat.

(D-6) (6th Child: Alfr) This is the Immortal Battlefield. The fortress of those set on controlling Eg-Lana.

(E-6) (6th Child: Aesir) Those who possess Mjolnir can harness the power of storms. Lightning that strikes them will be theirs to wield. They simply need raise the hammer. Bring the thunder hammer's might to bear upon the pillar it resembles.

(F-6) (6th Child: Lokapala) There are two sigils that are hidden by falling water. Check the back of the three-eyed waterfall.

(I-6) (6th Child: Lokapala) Step, together.

(B-7) (6th Child: Lokapala) Believe.

(E-7) (6th Child: Alfr) Here the moon rises. Speak to that effect.

(F-7) (6th Child: Lokapala) Acquire the illuminating ring of power.

(G-7) (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) Virtue is measured akin to a number of ox hooves.

(H-7) (1st Child: Anunnaki) The infernal fiend bites into the neck of the colossal dragon. Thus binding the two together.

(H-7) (6th Child: Alfr) - The Alfr Seeress' Prophecy Part IV -
She sees
The final land's vortex
A heavy price being paid
And then a memory
Of the final gate being pried upon
By excessive power and the price it demands
And murderous, blood-drenched intent

Skeletons
(B-2) I'll never forget what my pap told me on his deathbed: When the cat is away, the mice will say, "NOW YOU GET YOURS!" Well, I guess I got mine.

(F-3) I was too slow and now it is too late for me. But I know you can do it! If only you got to me sooner...

(B-5) Ahh... I was having an amazing vacation abroad until I drunkenly stumbled in here... I'm too hungover to move... And I didn't bring anything with me... And five days of blubbering about it hasn't gotten me anywhere... Yep, I'm a goner... Oh, right. Before I go. Watch out for the trap in front of m- Ah, too little, too late.

(C-5) Please, leave me alone. I want to be left alone. Do not bother me. I just want to be left alone.

(H-5) I seem to have reached a dead end... Wait, is that a switch? Ha! No explorer is more clever than I!!

(G-6) I have lead my army of jolly marching [__)_) in these depths, but alas my own rear has vanquished me.

Research
(F-3) [Altar Gate] A gate that leads to the Lokapala race's Altar of Destruction. Those without the symbol of the devout - the Dinosaur Figure - are not permitted to enter.

(H-4) [Varuna Idol] Thought to be an idol of a supreme deity of ancient Indian mythology, Varuna. Known as the guardian of death and terminus, for he guards the westerly direction with which they are associated.

(E-5) [Mechanical God <unverified>] Bears a striking resemblance to the mural discovered in the Olmec-era La Venta ruins in Mexico. At first glance it appears to be a human riding a dragon-shaped machine, but the inscription reads "Jormungand's Seal".

(E-7) {Snapshots} Those of the Underworld spoke of a circling ring ~ Of what is known as the "moon" ~ Those who seek, must speak ~ the name of "Máni" {Recorded mantra "Máni"!}

(G-7) [Light of Time] A machine that is perpetually illuminated by an equally perpetual engine that leverages the power of the ruins. It appears to be used to keep the person within the room sealed there.

(Cavern) {Snapshots} The Ennead spoke of searing light endured by the dwarves ~ Of what is known as the "sun" ~ Those who seek, must speak ~ the name of "Sól" {Recorded mantra "Sól"!}

(Altar) [Tree of Life Gate] A gate with a figure of the Tree of Life drawn on it. There appear to be Lokapala soldiers waiting on the other side.

Shrine of the Frost Giants
Shrine of the Frost Giants.jpg
Shrine of the Frost Giants.jpg (58.78 KiB) Viewed 6442 times
* = Holy Grail Tablet
T = Totem Pole Altar
F = Fairy Light

Exits
X1 = to side area (and Corridor of Blood)
X2 = to Annwfn
X3 = to Valhalla

Shops
S1 = Fairy Guild General (C-4): "Sup, girl. Y'all need a fairy? We got a fairy. Hook up the funds and y'all can have one, too. Only 300G - you down?" {Purchased}

S2 = Hydlit (A-5): "Hear me now and believe me later! You gotta strengthen your arms when it's coldd out! So buy as much as your puny muscles can carry!"
- Weights ($10), Bomb Ammo ($100), Ganesha's Talisman (purchased)

Characters
C1 = Gerd (E-4)
- This is where the 2nd Children once lived. As they are no more, we 6th Children live here now. It is said that a giant named Sakit was made to shoulder the blame for all of the dissonance of the 2nd Children. This story is from ancient times, however, so Sakit is likely long dead.

C2 = Thrymr (D-5)
- A pillar created with stones in a webbed pattern were built here in this land where the winds rage. However it's easily breakable. It's hollow, so one would be able to climb inside from where the pillar was broken.
- The language of the giants is apparently very close to our own. However due to their enormous stature, our ears cannot make out their words. I've heard there is a flute that makes their words intelligible to us.

C3 = Mnemosyne's Remains (B-4)
- My name is Mnemosyne. Born after the nine ruling siblings, I am the lingering consciousness of the extinct 2nd Children. I shall now leave behind the true history of the giants. The siblings split apart and began to fight each other upon Abuto's act of revolt against the Mother. However there was one brother, Sakit, who questioned the fighting. His older brother Abuto, until then a trusted ally, tricked and used him. Sakit was made to kill his beloved wife Ledo with his own hands. Those living now may have no use for the history of our now-extinct race. However, Sakit deserves to have his terrible story told. As long as someone knows his story, I can rest in peace.
- The few remaining survivors of the 2nd Children were destroyed by the 3rd Children. The responsibility for punishing Sakit, who dared to enter the Underworld living, has been passed on to the 3rd Children's Underworld deity.

Bosses
B1 = Tezcatlipoca (side area) {defeated}
B2 = Badhbh Cath (D-3) {defeated}
B3 = Fenrir (C-7) {defeated}
B4 = Balor (D-1) {defeated}
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets
(C-2) (6th Child: Lokapala) Acceptance into the Fairy Guild lies at the Icefire Treetop. Beyond the five pillars of ice.

(D-2) (2nd Child: Titan) A seal of piled soil rests atop Sakit's prison. It will open by the words of Sakit's former association.

(C-3) (2nd Child: Titan) From Balor's back erupt the seeds of hellfire.

(D-3) (6th Child: Lokapala) A pillar polished to a mirror sheen. The means to grab onto it and swing around. The tool to grab onto walls lies where fire and ice rage.

(E-3) (2nd Child: Titan) The giant Bergelmir supports the world of frost. His awakening will melt even the eternal wall of ice.

(A-4) (2nd Child: Titan) The conflict among the 2nd Children was orchestrated by Abuto. Blame fell entirely on Sakit's shoulders, who was banished to the Underworld living. Condemned to have his intestines pecked for eternity.

(B-4) (6th Child: Lokapala) The Lokapala are united by Indra, a priest who has power over storms.

(B-4) (6th Child: Alfr) Vidofnir lives at Yggdrasil's peak. At the treetop's highest point.

(C-4) (6th Child: Lokapala) Fill the hollowed pillar once again.

(E-4) (6th Child: Lokapala) This is the destroyed branch. It has no counterpart.

(B-5) (6th Child: Lokapala) Light leaks from between the mirror-sheen pillars.

(C-5) (6th Child: Alfr) This is the Shrine of the Frost Giants. The last lands of the extinct 2nd Children.

(D-5) (6th Child: Alfr) There is a fairy who bends weapons to its whim. They who bring the weapon fairy Kara will verily surpass their potential.

(E-5) (2nd Child: Titan) Badhbh Cath, the raven of war. Part the queen of demons, Morrigan. Part the red-haired Macha. And yet part the venomous Nemain. When the trio of goddesses combine their power, Badhbh Cath shall appear.

(B-6) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Brahma created the world. He sealed the light of creation's origin in a golden egg. All was created from the colors of the light emanating from the egg. The light the creator deigned to speak of will be unleashed. The offering of the egg. This will make the creator remember.

(C-6) (1st Child: Anunnaki) That which is correct goes unscathed. That which is mistaken receives justice by sword.

(D-6) (6th Child: Alfr) Life is begotten of the cold soil. The Birth Sigil lies in depths of deep, deep snow.

(D-7) (6th Child: Lokapala) The dissonance of the 2nd Children lies squarely on the Unforgivable Sinner Sakit's shoulders. His unforgivable sin was to slay one of his own, bringing about the destruction of his race.

(???) (2nd Child: Titan) The supernatural being Balor awaits beyond the eternally frozen sealed lands. Balor keeps guard over the garb handed down by the Anunnaki. Those who seek to don the garb must pass the pillar of swirling light, for then neither heat nor cold shall ail them.

(???) (1st Child: Anunnaki) The Destiny Tablet is the proof of dominion handed down by the Sky People. The Anunnaki lord Anu set the firece beast Anzu to guard it.

(???) (1st Child: Anunnaki) The Veda Texts constitute a belief system. One belief is that when we reach death, we will return to water.

Skeletons
(D-3) I thought I could find a cute little girl waiting to be rescued!

(B-5) Here I lie after being chased by furries for so long. I will not convert... I will not... won't...

Research
(C-3) {Snapshots} The Vanir spoke of the great lake of waves ~ Of what is known as the "sea" ~ Those who seek, must speak ~ the name of "Sær" {Recorded mantra "Sær"!}

(A-4) [Statue of Bergelmir] A statue of Bergelmir, the grandson of the proto-being Ymir, and the first of the Frost Giants. Made as a monument to the Shrine of the Frost Giants.

(D-5) [El-Baul Mural] Bears a striking resemblance to the relief of a "death ball" athlete found in ancient ruins in El-Baul, Guatemala. The individual appears to be wearing a spacesuit and breathing fire, which has given rise to theories that it is an extraterrestrial of some kind. In reality, it is simply a Lokapala Eg-Lana soldier.

(C-7) [Statue of the Well Guardian Mimir] In Norse mythology there is said to be a well in the land of the Frost Giants where knowledge and wisdom are hidden. The well is guarded by the giant Mimir. The well's water is a kind of liquor that stimulates brain function.

Gate of the Dead
Gate of the Dead.jpg
Gate of the Dead.jpg (69.31 KiB) Viewed 7580 times
* = Holy Grail Tablet

Exits
X1 = to Immortal Battlefield
X2 = to Dark Star Lord's Mausoleum

Shops
S1 = Aytum (B-3): "Welcome! Buy? Select?"
- Weights ($10), Shuriken Ammo ($10), Bounce Shot (purchased)

Characters
C1 = Nekhbet (A-4)
- I'm upside-down!
- But am I also right-side up?

C2 = Amen (B-2)
- We 5th Children wanted for too much; power over death, a pyramid that would reach the heavens, and a pyramid that would fall down to Earth for the purpose of entering into a contract with demons. It would not be a surprise should people with such ambition seek to attain power greater than even that of the Mother. It was the Amarna, led by Ra, who sought such power. Nothing happened, as if time itself had stopped here in Eg-Lana. Then, several years ago, various wars began to stir. This was also when Ra began to act. Like him, I, too, control the sun. It may be I whom Ra seeks to turn into a chimera...

C3 = Isis (D-4)
- This is where we Ennead, who sealed away the Amarna for their wicked ambition, live. This is where we 5th Children have been exiled to, and where we continue to wage war. Ra, the leader of the Amarna, claims to be the personification of the sun and continues to amass power. Ra and his followers plan to use this power to free themselves from the Mother's influence and escape from Eg-Lana. We no longer have the power to keep them sealed. Why have you come here?
- {To defeat Ra!} Four white seals have been applied to the Dark Star Lord's Mausoleum where Ra resides. Break all white seals and the gate to the Dark Star Lord's Mausoleum shall open. Two of the seals are in the Unicorn's Room and the Room of Dark Night. The remaining two have been hidden as to never be found.
- So you're going to the Underworld. When I visited the Underworld, my brother Osiris was Underworld deity. To gain audience with Osiris, you will have to receive Maat's judgement. Present the proof of your judgement to Osiris' servant, Anubis. To gain audience with Osiris, you must also solve the three riddles given to you by Anubis. This is all I know.

C4 = Horus (E-5)
- We 5th Children received knowledge from the Sky People. It is the knowledge of the power of the chimera, which allows us to combine our bodies with those of other living beings to attain further power. Ra is attempting to use this power on his own race. And I have heard that he has used it to break his seals and attain the power to appear here in this land as well. Our power is no longer any match for that of Ra's. Have you come here intending to defeat Ra?
- {That's right!} Ra's final ambition is his own chimerafication with an enormous weapon. It is a disc-like weapon known as Aten, which derives its power from the sun. We 5th Children received it from our ancestors, who received it from the Sky People before them. It is not known how powerful a chimera comprising a human and this weapon would become. Defeat Ra before this can come to be.

C5 = Nephthys (D-6)
- The Underworld deity of the 5th Children is known as Osiris. He is a pitiful figure who became embroiled in war and was subsequently banished to the Underworld. I have heard that now he is made to guard the secret treasures lying deep down within the Underworld. I, too, once entered the Underworld. I went for the purpose of using our secret techniques to restore Osiris back to life. While there, I heard a story of a fairy who holds a key. Go further down past the deadly River of the Underworld. I've heard a fairy is being held captive there.
- We Ennead and our enemies, the Amarna, were originally of the same race. We split apart due to vastly differing visions for the future. This caused even some families to split into warring factions. My brother Set now considers me an enemy as well. He is a violent man. You should stay away from him.

C6 = Thoth (B-5)
- Each generation of Children has been sealed off into the branches to ensure that they do not allow their respective wars to spill over into the outside world. They were sealed away long, long ago, but now, a race of 6th Children known as the Lokapala have taken control of Yggdrasil. We have no intention of leaving this place, either. If you plan to seal off Eg-Lana, then I will tell you this: Many things in Eg-Lana have been sealed off with the power of mantras. Most of the powerful mantras are hidden. I know the words used to call upon the mantra of the moon. The word is "Sun", the moon's opposite.

Bosses
B1 = Unicorn (C-1) {defeated}
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets
(B-2) (5th Child: Ennead) The Vajra artifact is the embodiment of the power of weaponry. It brings out the true strength of weapons held. Every time a weapon is thrown, its power will manifest itself.

(C-2) (5th Child: Ennead) Set, who was run out of the Ennead, holds sway over the earth. While he may have left these lands, his voice rumbles like thunder.

(D-2) (5th Child: Ennead) Those who move the white seal will taste judgement. Those who seek to undo the true seal need only place a slight weight.

(D-2) (6th Child: Alfr) This is the Gate of the Dead. The land where the pyramid that leads to the sky is sealed.

(B-3) (5th Child: Ennead) A white pedestal lies in the room of the holy tablet. Seek the sigil buried within a wall.

(E-3) (5th Child: Ennead) A white pedestal lies in a room of five statues. Speak the words that represent Ra.

(F-3) (5th Child: Ennead) The Amarna acquired a colossal weapon, Aten. From its body, modeled after the sun, sprout many arms, representing the sun. New life is created from these arms.

(B-4) (5th Child: Ennead) You must be in the right space or the task at hand will not work to your favor.

(C-4) (5th Child: Ennead) The Gate of the Dead was created to seal the Amarna. It leverages mystic Ennead means to warp space. It connects the warped space of the Red Gate.

(D-4) (5th Child: Ennead) The Dark Star Lord's Mausoleum, the branch in which the Amarna reside. The gate that leads there is sealed by four white pedestals. The pedestals levy judgement against those who dare to place things on them. They will only respond to a weight so slight as to go unnoticed.

(F-4) (5th Child: Ennead) There is a fairy who bestows prosperity. They who bring the Treasure Fairy Alruna will verily obtain prosperity.

(D-5) (3rd Child: Olympian) Glasya-Labolas' chicanery is magical. He will use it to pursue his enemies, even in death.

(B-6) (5th Child: Ennead) The treasure created by dwarven blacksmiths. The mechanism to it is hidden by the dwarves.

(C-6) (5th Child: Ennead) One, and one alone, survives.

(D-6) (5th Child: Amarna) The answer does not lie with a single footprint.

Skeletons
(C-4) Wait, am I lost? Not a problem, I know just the thing to do. The good old "hold right trick"... Hm? Everything's spinning?!

(D-4) When I'm done looting these ruins, I'm gonna go home and put a ring on the hottest girl in school...

(C-7) Somehow. I've. Made it. This far. Luck. Got me. This far... If I could. I'd go back in time. And do this over. And over... But. I guess. I can't...

Research
(C-6) [Five Statues] Bears a striking resemblance to the Colossi of Memnon statues in Egypt. Of the five, only one's head is still intact.

Dark Star Lord's Mausoleum
Dark Star Lord's Mausoleum.jpg
Dark Star Lord's Mausoleum.jpg (62.57 KiB) Viewed 7126 times
* = Holy Grail Tablet
T = Totem Pole Altar
! = Ankh: Guardian Aten-Ra {obliterated}

Exits
X1 = to Corridor of Blood
X2 = to Gate of the Dead

Shops
S1 = Fairy Guild Lieutenant (B-6): "Hey, you girl. You want to buy some fairy? We catch lotsa fairy. You gimme money, I give you fairy - what you say? You got 300G?" {Purchased}

S2 = Kero (C-2): "Glad you made it this far. We don't got much, but have a look. My name? Kero will do."
- Weights ($10), Ammunition ($400), Rose and Camellia (purchased)

Characters
C1 = Ra-Horakhty (C-6)
- With this much power, fusion with our ultimate weapon, Aten, should be possible.

C2 = Set (B-5)
- What are you? A clump of clay trying to pass itself off as a living being, it seems. We Amarna of the 5th Children were the first race to defy the Mother's power. Whatever has transpired, I can no longer feel the Mother's power. Our beloved Ra shall rule over this world.
- The power of storms? You shall learn what it feels like. {blasted by lightning}

C3 = Amen-Ra (C-5)
- Still not enough... Just one more needs to be absorbed...

C4 = Amunet (B-3)
- An inquisitive mind is power in itself. Having already pursued the heavens, life, and death, what else lies ahead of us? It was for the purpose of answering this very question that Ra embarked on his endeavors. People should not have to live their entire lives under the ground as we do. We need to leave this place.

C5 = Nun (B-2)
- Seeking power, we attempted to move closer to the Sky People. However, we did so not knowing how it would benefit us. We know that only a sage able to harness the power of the Dark Star Lord and smart enough to be able to gather all of the wisdom left in Eg-Lana shall have knowledge bestowed upon them.
- We 5th Children were not born from clay as your people were. Therefore, while our bodies may wither and die, our minds do not know death. There is an Underworld where minds bereft of bodies live on. This world is known as the Eternal Prison, and it lies in the deepest depths of Eg-Lana. While eras and generations may change, one is always selected from each generation of Children to rule over the Underworld. The Underworld deity chosen from among our people is called Osiris. Begrudged by his own brother, he was killed, but was then brought back to life through a ceremony of renascence performed by his sisters, Isis and Nephthys.

Bosses
B1 = Angra Mainyu (A-3) {defeated}
B2 = Sekhmet (C-7) {defeated}
B3 = Ammit (B-1) {defeated}
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets
(B-2) (5th Child: Amarna) The Pyramid Crystal restrains the power of the stars. It wreaks havoc on that which hides the power of the Dark Star.

(C-2) (5th Child: Amarna) Ammit, the monster that feasts on souls. It hides in a garden, cloaked by the power of the stars.

(A-3) (5th Child: Amarna) Maat's ritual measures the weight of one's heart. Sins must weigh balanced against Maat's feather. The body must be innocent, free of excess. Hearts that do not balance the scales will be devoured by Ammit.

(B-3) (5th Child: Amarna) The contents of the chest go to the one who already holds them high.

(C-3) (5th Child: Amarna) The pedestal of the Dark Star Lord is summoned by mantra. Summoned to where the pyramid is held aloft.
Mausoleum Tablet C-3.jpg
Mausoleum Tablet C-3.jpg (45.13 KiB) Viewed 8316 times
(D-3) (Underworld) The Eternal Prison, the Underworld. A land that is part Doom, and part Gloom. Doom that will destroy even flame. It is a land too hostile to bear for a flame-bearer.

(A-4) (5th Child: Amarna) The power of the feather held by the Dark Star Lord. The power to reach ever-greater heights. It will pass to those who can harness the power of storms, and clear the corridor.

(B-4) (1st Child: Anunnaki) The power left by the Sky People is hidden amid an Ancient Chaos. It is the manifestation of the power that will destroy Eg-Lana.

(B-4) (6th Child: Alfr) This is the Dark Star Lord's Mausoleum. The land of they who plotted a path to the sky alongside their path of rebellion.

(C-4) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Treta Yuga, the age of silver. When virtue declined and people came to lean on ceremony.

(D-4) (5th Child: Amarna) The lord of the sky looks down upon the Dark Star Lord's Pyramid. Awaiting the birth of a new Dark Star Lord. Testing whether they will be able to reach the ends of the Dark Star.

(B-5) (5th Child: Amarna) At the peak of the Dark Star Lord's Pyramid lies the Benben stone. A throne where the recognized lord of the Dark Star is permitted to sit. The lord with Heaven's mandate will arrive at Nibiru, at skies distant.

(D-5) (6th Child: Vanir) The mantra of fire represents battle. It rests at the Fire Altar of the land where warriors gather.

(B-6) (5th Child: Amarna) Obtain the crystal that enseals a pyramid. Then, all hidden in this land shall be revealed. The truth of the pyramid will be exposed.

(C-6) (5th Child: Amarna) The Dark Star Lord could harness storms.

(B-7) (5th Child: Amarna) Judgement will be rendered before Maat. To be prepared for judgement is to have a wicked heart. An innocent heart knows no wickedness. An innocent heart can balance the scales. The undead Ammit will render the judgement.

(C-7)
a1: (5th Child: Amarna) The lord obtains water.
a2: (5th Child: Amarna) The moon lights the lord's footprints.
a3: (5th Child: Amarna) The lord sees the sea.
a4: (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The lord is healed by the earth.
a5: (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The lord sought a roof.
a6: (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The moon lights the lord's footprints.
a7: (5th Child: Amarna) The wind blocks the lord's path.
a8: (5th Child: Amarna) The lord's life ends here.
b1: (5th Child: Amarna) The word "mother" is not spoken.
b2: (5th Child: Amarna) The lord's wish goes unheard.
b3: (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The lord gazes at Heaven, and is struck with divine purpose.
b4: (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The lord prays to a wall.
b5: (5th Child: Amarna) The wind blocks the lord's path.
b6: (5th Child: Amarna) The lord sees the sea.
b7: (5th Child: Amarna) The child serves the mother.
b8: (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The lord is healed by the earth.
c1: (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The lord's power is eternal.
c2: (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The lord gazes at Heaven, and is struck with divine purpose.
c3: (5th Child: Amarna) At night, the lord falls asleep.
c4: (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) Trace the Dark Star Lord's footprints.
c5: (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) Incant the words of each of the five footprints in turn. When the five words are spoken the road will appear.
c6: (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The sun illuminates the lord.
c7: (5th Child: Amarna) The lord has but one wish.
c8: (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The lord raises fire.
d1: (5th Child: Amarna) The wind blocks the lord's path.
d2: (5th Child: Amarna) The lord meets with death.
d3: (5th Child: Amarna) The lord obtains water.
d4: (5th Child: Amarna) The lord screams.
d5: (5th Child: Amarna) The moon lights the lord's footprints.
d6: (5th Child: Amarna) The lord's life ends here.
d7: (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The lord raises fire.
d8: (5th Child: Amarna) At night, the lord falls asleep.

(D-7) (5th Child: Amarna) We will forfeit the earth for the power of Heaven. We will rise to the sky by way of the Dark Star Lord's Pyramid.

Research
(C-3) [Atum Statue] Bears a striking resemblance to the god of creation of Egyptian mythology, Atum. A creation deity who was self-begotten from primeval waters before creating other gods in turn.

(D-3) [Aten] Bears a striking resemblance to one of the Egyptian sun gods, Aten. Countless hands representing rays of light extend from the giant disk representing the sun.

(D-4) {Snapshots] A crystal that enseals a pyramid form. The Destiny Tablet, proof of the Dark Star Lord. You, who have assembled them both, speak words of fealty to the Dark Star Lord. Offer a crystal at the pedestal of prayer. The Dark Star Lord's Pyramid will respond to the lord.

(D-5) [Storm-Conducting Tablet] A mural depicting a giant hammer in the center.
The mechanism can be tripped by a strong electrical current.

(B-7) [Anubis] Bears a striking resemblance to the Egyptian god, Anubis. This dog-headed god is considered the deity of mummification. He bears the responsibility for weighing the souls of the dead against Maat's feather on Ra's scales to determine the weight of their sins.

(C-7) [Bastet] Bears a striking resemblance to the goddess of Egyptian mythology, Bastet, in her cat avatar.

Takamagahara Shrine
Takamagahara Shrine.jpg
Takamagahara Shrine.jpg (60.97 KiB) Viewed 6831 times
* = Holy Grail Tablet
T = Totem Pole Altar
F = Fairy Light

Exits
X2 = to Ancient Chaos
X3 = to Ancient Chaos
X4 = to Heaven's Labyrinth

Shops
S1 = Ash Geen (C-4): "Oh, hey. Our stuff sucks, but buy it anyway."
- Weights ($10), Flare Gun ammo ($40), Mekuri Master (purchased)

Characters
C1 = Kami-musubi (D-1)
- We Kotoamatsu are at war with the Anunnaki, the Sky People. The Anunnaki are attempting to take over our world. This is no time for the various Children to be fighting against each other. However, no one here will heed my words. So I have decided to hide here and barricade myself behind multiple walls.

C2 = Amenotokotachi (D-6)
- Takamagahara Shrine was used to seal away the Sky People, the Anunnaki. However its power has waned, and now their soldiers are making their way here. Be especially cautious of the one called Daji, with the power of the chimera. He also guards the machine of knowledge, and the item known as the Egg of Creation, which he hides on his person.
- We Kotoamatsu only sealed away the Anunnaki. We have no intention of fighting them. The Anunnaki themselves are the dissonance of the 1st Children. But they are also the Sky People. Behind this branch, in the Ancient Chaos, are other 1st Children like us, but who have been turned into Anunnaki soldiers. The Anunnaki themselves are said to reside in the sky. What you seek may not be here in this branch.

C3 = Shitateruhime (D-7)
- Ajisukitakahikone is said to take the form of those who appear before him. Once a member of our race, he was a wise man with the ability to control storms. But I have heard that upon falling to the underworld, he lost his storm powers. He may even be especially susceptible to storms now.
- I thought I had seen my dead husband. However, it was really a demon named Ajisukitakahikone, who takes the form of others. I've heard that this demon lives in the Underworld. If you come upon the demon, it is said that it will take your form and attack you with the same powers you possess. If you are going to the Underworld, then please, be careful...

C4 = Izanagi (C-3)
- I went down to the Underworld to see my dead wife. However those who have fallen to the Underworld cannot attain life again. Trembling with terror at the sight of my horribly decayed wife, I sealed off one of the entrances to the Underworld. It lies at the end of a long, long path to the bottom of the earth. To break the seal, chant the words of my mantras: Sun, moon, and sea. Wait. If you are to venture to the Underworld, find the mirror. Within this mirror, made from polished bronze and infused with prayer, lies the power to illuminate the true path. This mirror will allow you to find the gate from which you can leave the Underworld.
- I see you have the Crystal Skulls. Those were created by the Sky People, the Anunnaki, and are said to act as the keys to great knowledge. It is said that on each Skull is recorded the plans of the Anunnaki. Be careful with them.
- I was terrified by the sight of my wife in the Underworld, decayed almost beyond recognition. I always believed my feelings for my wife would be unwavering. Perhaps I was simply shaken by the realization that the dead truly cannot come back to life.

Bosses
B1 = Raijin & Fujin (E-5) {defeated}
B2 = Daji (E-6) {defeated}
B3 = Belial (A-2) {defeated}
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets
(A-1) (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) Takemikazuchi's Room lies beyond.

(B-1) (Underworld) Amenowakahiko's departed wife finds her husband after death. Or rather, a beast of destruction from the Underworld does in her form. A beast that dwells beyond the false gate.

(C-2) (6th Child: Alfr) This is Takamagahara Shrine. A land buried by the walls of those who have closed their hearts off to others.

(C-2) (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) From the foot of the wall, toward the sigil.

(D-2) (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) Daji, the wielder of the nine tails. The time during which you may do battle is limited. Daji waits in the Execution Room.

(C-3) (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) Bear the small key. The secret will be laid bare.

(D-3) (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The significant mechanism imparted by the Sky People is operating by trifling power. That of the Ancient Cog. Hold it up to a hole carved into a wall.

(D-3) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Brahma asked Chaos, "What is creation?" Chaos responded only by existing. "Creation is simply floating in the purple darkness."

(F-3) (3rd Child: Olympian) Where is this?

(B-4) (6th Child: Vanir) In Valhalla are 12 thrones worthy of lords. But there is only one throne for the true lord. There the Vanir's hidden relic, the Knowledge from the Sky sleeps.

(C-4) (3rd Child: Olympian) The labyrinth of the winged. Wherein the Celestial Disk is housed. A response will be given to the word that represents Heaven.

(C-5) (3rd Child: Olympian) The Olympian Guardian, the Griffin. Overcome the falling Griffin statue and disrupt the ring.

(D-5) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Satya Yuga is the gold age. When all virtue is overflowing.

(C-6) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Daji hides the Egg of Creation. The god of creation Brahma's dialogues on the nature of creation. The sight of the egg will stir recollection. And the god will speak again.

(D-6) (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The breath that Takemikazuchi left is ablaze. Though it will be swept away by proof of the time of creation.

(C-7) (1st Child: Anunnaki) The noble Sky People, the Anunnaki. Divine reckoning will be dealt to those who dare to harm them.

(D-7) (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The nine eyes will not overlook opposition. They will tolerate standing before the object of your desires, and that alone.

Skeletons
(C-3) Curse you FLOOOOOOR for killing me! I will reincarnate and turn you into ceiling tiles and cheese dip! P.S.: Get good floor-based cheese dip recipe. P.P.S.: Make sure to reincarnate and not get killed by the floor.

(D-4) Wow, the dude on this mural's one handsome son of a... bitch! I get distracted for one second and...

(D-7) How blinded by gold do you have to be?

Research
(A-1) [Chiryu] Bears a striking resemblance to dragon statues from ancient China.
Adorned with gold plating.

(D-3) [Amenominakanushi Statue] Bears a striking resemblance to Amenominakanushi, one of the key Kotoamatsu gods of Japanese mythology's creation myth. Said to have been the first of the Kotoamatsu race, making them one of the first of any race to exist.

Ancient Chaos
Ancient Chaos.jpg
Ancient Chaos.jpg (51.78 KiB) Viewed 6758 times
* = Holy Grail Tablet
T = Totem Pole Altar
! = Guardian Anu {obliterated}

Exits
X2 = to Takamagahara Shrine
X3 = to Takamagahara Shrine

Shops
S1 = Sykick (D-7): "WELCOME. OUR HOT SPRINGS WILL HELP YOU LOAD A FEW MORE SHOTS INTO THE CHAMBER. HA. HA. HA. THAT WILL BE 50G, PLEASE THANK YOU. BLEEP."

S2 = Venum (C-6): "Ha-ha-ha-ha. This is an item shop!"
- Weights ($10), Caltrop Ammo ($30), Space Capstar II ($300)

Characters
C1 = Pangu (C-5)
- Our master is the Anunnaki king. He is Anu, who came from the skies. His majesty keeps him from being touched by ground-dwellers.

C2 = Zhuanxu (D-5)
- He who does not pray to Anu cannot call upon Anu. Offer three prayers lest your prayers fail to reach Anu.

C3 = Shennong (A-4)
- Gehehehe. Gimme the cash. No cash, then gimme whatchu got!
- {OK then, cash.} Uwahahaha, I got yer cash! {all money taken}
- {Would you take Weights?} Uwahahaha, huh? I got yer Weights? {all Weights taken}
- {How about I kick you in the balls?} Ow...

Bosses
B1 = Ki-sikil-lil-la-ke (A-6) {defeated}
B2 = Anzu (D-2) defeated
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets
(C-1) (6th Child: Alfr) The altar of worship to Echidna lies in her lands, the lands of the Mother.

(B-2) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Accept Brahma's four trials. The four faces are a means to see the four ages. Place the correct offering in the correct hand for the correct age. Then, Yggdrasil's all shall be revealed.

(C-2) (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The path of blood leads to the Underworld. A dangerous pitfall, Fallandaforad. At the bottom of its maw waits Hraesvelgr, the devourer of corpses.

(D-2) (6th Child: Alfr) You who possess all power, heed warning. That excessive power is not to be used.

(C-3) (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) Do not becry that you do not have what you wish for. What you wish for exists precisely because there is nothing. It is that which cannot be seen by the impatient.

(C-3) (Underworld) Gnipahellir, the path from depths of the Underworld to even greater depths. There rests the guard dog Garm. It stands at the ready for a spinner of words.

(D-3) (1st Child: Anunnaki) The Padma Lotus begets blessing. But blessings will not grace those for whom life is tangled with chaos.

(A-4) (1st Child: Anunnaki) There is nothing here.

(B-4) (6th Child: Alfr) This is Ancient Chaos. The first land to fall under the Sky People's dominion.

(B-4) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Pray to Anu.

(C-4) (5th Child: Ennead) The morning light turns his body to stone. That light is etched by the ticking of time. So henceforth, until the day the light etched by the ticking of time is erased. Alviss will sleep.

(D-4) (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) The mythical beast Anzu hides its form. It waits for the one who can clear the spiraling light.

(A-5) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Pray to Anu.

(B-5) (2nd Child: Titan) Mimir's well is the well of divine liquor. Grant the Mother's wish with a howl for that which is missing.

(C-5) (1st Child: Anunnaki) The two blue beasts. If one is angered one shall close. If both are angered, wisdom will be imparted.

(D-5) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Pray to Anu.

(B-6) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Abandon your desires.

(C-6) (1st Child: Anunnaki) At night, the malicious spirit of Ki-sikil-lil-la-ke haunts. Her blue servant and her red servant administer punishment.

(C-6) (1st Child: Anunnaki) The poisonous lava will melt even the Ice Cloak. Brave it with garb that will withstand any heat.

(D-7) (1st Child: Anunnaki) The Sky People, the Anunnaki, arrived on Nibiru. They arrived in a land where people could not live. Among pure chaos, where neither air nor water existed.

Research
(B-2) {from left to right}
- What shall be placed upon this arm is Satya Yuga. Or that which represents the age of blessings.
- What shall be placed upon this arm is Treta Yuga. Or that which represents the age of belief.
- What shall be placed upon this arm is Dvapara Yuga. Or that which represents the age of tolerance.
- What shall be placed upon this arm is Kali Yuga. Or that which represents the age of worldly desires.

(B-2) [Ox Mural] Displays a figure of what appears to be an ox. The number of legs seems to change in line with a mechanism attached to it.

(B-3) [Protective Spirit Statue] Bears a striking resemblance to a supreme god of Indian mythology, Brahma. The creator deity's four faces looking out in four different directions are said to represent his omniscience. In Eg-Lana, it is the name of a machine that monitors and collects data on the world.

(C-2) [Abzu Mural] Bears a striking resemblance to the primeval state of existence in Sumerian mythology. Abzu is thought to be the freshwater sea within chaos, from which the various gods of the Sumerian pantheon were born.

(C-2) [Huma Bird Statue] Bears a striking resemblance to Huma, a bird of Persian legends. Its appearance has led it to alternatively be called the phoenix, or griffin.

(A-4) [Prayer Spot] A spot for offering prayer to the lord of the Sky People, Anu.

(A-5) [Prayer Spot] A spot for offering prayer to the lord of the Sky People, Anu.

(A-5) [Goddess Statue] Bears a striking resemblance to the "Queen of the Night" depicted in a mural excavated in from the Mesopotamian region. Some theories assert that she is the winged goddess of Sumerian mythology.

(D-5) [Prayer Spot] A spot for offering prayer to the lord of the Sky People, Anu.

(D-5) {Snapshots} The Alfr spoke of the passage of the invisible ~ Of what is known as "wind" ~ Those who seek, must speak ~ the name of "Vindr" {Recorded mantra "Vindr"!}

(A-6) [Sphinx Statue] Bears a striking resemblance to the mural found in Persepolis in the Persian Empire.
Last edited by Voltgloss 3 years ago, edited 78 times in total.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Icefire Treetop
Icefire Treetop.jpg
Icefire Treetop.jpg (69.13 KiB) Viewed 6443 times
* = Holy Grail Tablet
T = Totem Pole Altar
F = Fairy Light
! = Guardian Surtr {obliterated}

Exits
X2 = to Roots of Yggdrasil
X3 = to Immortal Battlefield
X4 = to Heaven's Labyrinth
X5 = to Immortal Battlefield
X6 = to Eternal Prison - Gloom

Shops
S1 = BTK (A-1): "Welcome! We don't really have anything impressive, but still."
- Weights ($10), Caltrop Ammo ($30), Enga Musica (purchased)

S2 = Enimul (E-2): "Hey you, this hot spring will make your skin smooth as an egg. It'll be so smooth that it'll be impervious to even water and lava. 50G - how about it?"

S3 = Mino (C-4): "Moo! Gotta good sale going on! Milk it while you can!"
- Weights ($10), Bomb Ammo ($100), Lonely House Moving ($300)

Characters
C1 = Sinmara (C-3)
- The power stolen from the Fairy King is mine. The power to control flame lies in Surtr's Room. If you desire this power, then bring me a shining scythe. Then I shall allow you to enter Surtr's Room.
- That is indeed the Light Scythe. You've done well. You may enter Surtr's Room. You will learn what it truly means to suffer.

C2 = Inanna (F-3)
- My body was hung in Underworld, left to decay. This was my punishment for daring to enter the Underworld living.
- When my sister Ereshkigal controlled the Underworld, I sought her counsel. I was told that the throne of the Underworld could be reached by passing through the seven gates behind Neti the gatekeeper. But with each Underworld gate I passed, I lost one of my possessions. After losing everything in my possession and reaching my sister, I was punished for entering the Underworld living. My sister no longer sits upon the throne, so I cannot say what will happen if you pass through the gates now. But if you have nothing to be taken when you pass through the gates, then you will be given death. Do you understand? When you pass through the seven gates, you must reach the throne, lest your actions be rendered meaningless. The order by which you must pass through the seven gates of the Underworld changes with each new ruler. Therefore the order which I know would be meaningless. Seek out Neti, the Underworld gatekeeper. While the ruler may have changed, Neti should still possess some knowledge of the correct order.

C3 = Modgud (E-1)
- Those who would seek audience with the mistress of the Underworld, Hel, must first gain my permission. {Permit me!} To reach Hel, you must first enter the Eternal Prison. To enter the Eternal Prison, you must defeat the terrible bird Vidofnir. To defeat Vidofnir, you will need the power of flame. Surtr's wife, Sinmara possesses the power of flame. You will need the Light Scythe in order to receive the power of flame from Sinmara. The Light Scythe lies inside the Eternal Prison. Therefore, you cannot reach Hel. {Isn't there something you can do?!} If you absolutely insist you could try speaking to others familiar with the Underworld. I shall not stop you.

Bosses
B1 = Ratatoskr (C-1) {sealed}
B2 = Vedfolnir (B-4) {defeated}
B3 = Ratatoskr (G-3) {sealed}
B4 = Vidofnir (D-6) {defeated}
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets
(A-1) (6th Child: Alfr) - The Alfr Seeress' Prophecy Part V -
The Sun has no idea
Of the power it has
The Moon has no idea
That it has power at all
Dazzling stars remain
Smoke and flame rage
Flames frolic in the heavens
For the mighty have vanished
For its true form cannot be seen by starlight alone

(B-1) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Brahma asked Atum, "What is creation?" Atum answered by assuming the form of a green snake, before leaving for battle. "Creation is fighting to protect."

(E-1) (6th Child: Alfr) Ratatoskr slumbers. Trace the illusion's path, and seal it. Then, the true body will awaken.

(F-1) (6th Child: Lokapala The God of Prosperity, Ganesha. Those who possess the talisman of Ganesha's protection will be blessed with prosperity.

(G-1) (6th Child: Alfr) This is the Icefire Treetop. The frozen treetop born of the Valley of Chaos.

(A-2) (6th Child: Lokapala) Only those with mastery of weapons may proceed. Fell what foul weaponry comes your way.

(E-2) (6th Child: Lokapala) The heated waters of the plains gush with power. The power to surpass the body's limits. The power to erase stabbing pain. The power to ease that which leaves the hand.

(G-2) (6th Child: Alfr) Incant words in the midst of the ominous, twisting swelter. The two words that will illumine day and night. That will lead to Underworld Gate, where Vidofnir waits.

(A-3) (6th Child: Alfr) Ye who seek the icy treetop, acquire the power to surpass Nidhogg. Only those who swing around the icy pillar will reach the icy treetop. The branch lands of the 3rd Children, who were punished for imitating the Mother's power, lie beyond.

(B-3) (6th Child: Alfr) This is the icefire Treetop. The searing treetop born of the Valley of Chaos.

(B-3) (6th Child: Lokapala) Vedfolnir, a small eagle perched atop the head of a large counterpart.

(C-3) (6th Child: Lokapala) There is a talisman that can uncurse treasure. A red jewel, the only of its kind in this world. A jewel of the reddest red, representing Mother's life.

(D-3) (6th Child: Lokapala) This path is a land of unruly flames. The searing treetop presided over by the giant Surtr. Those not born of here have no hope of survival.

(D-3) (6th Child: Lokapala) This path is a freezing one. The frozen treetop presided over by the Guardian Modgud. You must pass the frozen pillar to proceed.

(E-3) (5th Child: Ennead) If it is the flow of water you wish to defy, the treasure of the dwarves will serve.

(F-3) (3rd Child: Olympian) Water flows from the eye of Chaos. It watches the conflict between angel and demon and weeps at the disparity in power.

(F-3) (5th Child: Amarna) The secret hidden by the golden rock. Hidden behind the wall pinned by the golden rock.

(C-4) (6th Child: Alfr) Ratatoskr flits between Yggdrasil's roots and treetop. But its body is an illusion. Its true body lies in the Underworld.

(E-4) (6th Child: Alfr) There is a tool that allows you to latch onto walls. Simply by stretching out your hand and taking grasp. With it, you could swing around a pillar polished to a mirror sheen.

(C-5) (6th Child: Alfr) The fairy that discovers secrets. In their hand a small key.

(D-5) (6th Child: Lokapala) Sing, bird of prey, beauty begins at the foot of you. Gaze upon that foot.

Skeletons
(B-1) Feel the burn, mofos!

(E-1) "Sing, bird of prey, beauty begins at the foot of you..." I think I've almost deciphered it!

(A-2) Got my hands on a treasure map that read "Proceed 50 feet ahead of the sniping spot". Then I stop and realize I'm stuck in here! Dammit. Must have been a trap.

(D-3) The World Tree, Yggdrasil has three main roots. I found entrances at the end of two of the roots but I am unable to find anything at the end of the third root. Are the old texts incorrect about the third root leading to the land of the dead?

(F-4) I never thought my grave would be here, but I am happy that my mother and father are pleased by me and their blessing made me see the Maker's light.

Research
(E-2) [Bird Statue] A stone statue of a giant bird.

(E-4) [Ymir] A stone statue thought to be of Ymir, the Norse mythology proto-being. The myths tell of how he was defeated by his own children, how the world came to be from his dissected body parts, and how dwarves corresponding to the four cardinal points held his skull aloft, creating the sky.

Heaven's Labyrinth
Heaven's Labyrinth.jpg
Heaven's Labyrinth.jpg (44.06 KiB) Viewed 6916 times
* = Holy Grail Tablet
F = Fairy Light

Exits
X1 = to Icefire Treetop
X2 = to Hall of Malice
X3 = from Takamagahara Shrine

Shops
S1 = Megarock (A-3): "Welcome! I'm here to sell Sell SELL!"
- Weights ($10), Earth Spear Ammo ($20), Bracelet (purchased)

Characters
C1 = Hermes (C-5)
- This is Heaven's Labyrinth. This is where we 3rd Children, the Olympians, have been shut away. But our race is at its end. No one remaining remembers why we were forced here, nor why we continue to fight, since we have entrusted fighting, governing, and everything else to the machine in the room above this one. No one else has the energy any longer, but if you like, I can tell you what you need to know about this place.
- The 3rd Children's Underworld deity is known as Hades. However I believe that he has already been driven out by the Underworld deity of another generation of Children.
- It would not be strange to find rooms constructed similarly to those in Eg-Lana within the La-Mulana ruins. It is said that the records of Eg-Lana have been passed onto La-Mulana. However, only "information" has been passed on, so I'm sure the construction of the rooms themselves are at least slightly different.
- We did not create that machine. We've simply been using what has been here since long ago. It's possible that our ancestors created it. We no longer even know how to use it. That machine simply seals off the Hall of Malice, where the Gigas live.

C2 = Eros (A-3)
- Typhon is the enormous machine created by the ancestors of us Olympians! It is no longer operational, but even while dormant it continues to seal off the gigas. I've heard that the ancient texts recorded to Typhon can be reawakend under strong light. That will signify the coming of our age! The age of the Olympians!
- Hmph. Our time doesn't seem to come.

C3 = Orpheus (A-2)
- My harp can bring even those of the Underworld to tears. I once visited the Underworld to see my dead wife. I played her a song of Paradise.
- Oh! My harp! Or, so it would seem... However, this is not my harp. The strings of my harp were custom-made, and the bridge was set higher for a harder, more beautiful sound. I couldn't play such a harp. If you want to hear me play, then listen to my old recording. I recorded a recital just once, upon request. It should be at the shop run by a pig.
- Wanting to see my wife just once more, I committed a taboo by entering the Underworld living. While that was bad enough, I also attempted to take my dead wife back with me. I can never go near the Underworld again.
- My wife loved the sound of my harp. She especially loved my song about paradise.

C4 = Baphomet (B-1)
- If you have no business in this temple, then leave.

Bosses
B1 = Scylla (B-5) {defeated}
B2 = Arachne (D-5) {defeated}
B3 = Glasya-Labolas (D-3) {defeated}
B4 = Griffin (E-2) {defeated}
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets
(B-1) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Dvapara Yuga, the age of copper. When disaster was wrought from virtue and sin in balance.

(B-1) (3rd Child: Olympian) What's important is what's inside. Try sitting. Try placing your hand upon it.

(A-2) (3rd Child: Olympian) Within the belly of the crawling infernal fiend.

(B-2) (3rd Child: Olympian) Typhon will awaken by the two lights. The lights will be cast upon two walls. The light-obstructing walls will accept the light, and Typhon shall awaken.

(D-2) (3rd Child: Olympian) The twins protect an ancient key. The cog that turns the great mechanism. The twins protect a beast's jaw.

(C-3) (1st Child: Anunnaki) The five rays of light are the origin of creation. Move the light, and create.

(C-3) (6th Child: Alfr) This is Heaven's Labyrinth. The wake of the infernal fiend that lusts for the Mother's power.

(C-4) (3rd Child: Olympian) Turning once will lead to the priestess. Turning thrice will lead to the Griffin.

(A-5) (3rd Child: Olympian) A vase that stocks the power of storms. Stored in the Buried Fortress.

(C-5) (3rd Child: Olympian) Proceed down the path where backs face each other.

(D-5) (3rd Child: Olympian) Typhon's slumber is ongoing. So it has been since the gate was sealed by the unruly four pillars. The four pillars of Arachne, Scylla, Griffin, and Glasya-Labolas.

(E-5) (3rd Child: Olympian) The Gigas went down the path of imitating the Mother's power. They were sealed in these lands. Their ensealment is entrusted entirely to Typhon.

Research
(C-1) [Statue of Chaos] Bears a striking resemblance to the Chaos, the primeval state of existence in Greek mythology. Chaos is thought to be the state of disarray that existed before the world was created, and from which the Earth was born.

(B-2), (D-4) [Angel Mural] A mural depicting the civil war among the 3rd Children. Shows the Angel faction of the Olympians facing left.

(C-4) [Statue of Typhon] A stone statue of the monster Typhon, a giant in Greek mythology. Typhon was birthed by the Earth in primeval times. He took the immortal witch, Echidna, as a wife and had many children with her. In Eg-Lana, "Typhon" is the moniker for the maintenance computer created by the 3rd Children.

(C-4) [System: Typhon] System: Activate Typhon ~ Access?
- {Mother Clone Records}: Computer Memory Bank: Records of the creation of our Mother clone: Our race, born from chaos, sought the Mother's power. From the remains of a woman of the 1st Children, we attempted to draw out the power to create life itself.
No. 1: Nuwa ~ We instilled a decayed body with the power of the pyramid, and awaited the manifestation of power. Temporarily imbued with life, the body was able to produce the Spiral of Life. However, it was destroyed in the Tower of Ruin for it lacked even the power to move from the pyramid's base, rendering it useless.
No. 2: Tiamat ~ While that which was created was much larger than those of our race, it manifested the power to beget life. Eleven inhuman monsters were born. The entity escaped with its offspring to another dimension, by using its dimension bending powers. The plans had been ruined.
No. 3: Echidna ~ Our final hope, to which we have committed all of our power. Utilizing the fruits of our previous labors, we used the body of one of our own daughters. As with Tiamat, eleven monsters were born, after which they fell into sleep in their larval forms. We shall wait for these children to awaken. We shall wait for the time when they awaken once again to unleash their power. We shall rule over Eg-Lana.
- {Nibiru/Chimera Technology Records}: Computer Memory Bank: The chimera technology acquired from the civilization of the 1st Children: Originally, the technology was used to switch the serpentine legs of the 1st Children with those of a different, bipedal being. Then we developed the technology further to apply the mental capacity of yet another being, providing power superior to that of a human. However, chimerafied beings retain part of Nibiru's consciousness. They become soldiers living for the purpose of fulfilling Nibiru's will - taking control of the stars, and the sealing of La-Mulana and Eg-Lana.
- {Echidna System Lock}: The system has crashed due to the destruction of the energy source, Echidna's Room. Subsequently, Project Typhon cannot be executed. The Olympian seizure of Eg-Lana has been rendered impossible.

(A-5) There is a vase-shaped hollow in the altar-like object.

Hall of Malice
Hall of Malice.jpg
Hall of Malice.jpg (62.22 KiB) Viewed 5560 times
* = Holy Grail Tablet
! = Guardian Echidna {obliterated}

Exits
X2 = to Heaven's Labyrinth
X3 = to Immortal Battlefield

Shops
S1 = Fairylan (F-4): "This is my shop. The shop of Fairylan, filled with wonders."
- Weights ($10), Chakram Ammo ($50), Angel Shield (purchased)

Characters
C1 = Porphyrion (A-4)
- We gigas destroyed the remaining survivors of the 2nd Children. We once possessed a tool which allowed us to understand the language of the giants, but it was stolen by Echidna.
- Be careful of Orthrus. He is no longer one of our race. He is a chimera of Nibiru.

C2 = Eurytus (D-2)
- I know the secrets of the Underworld. In the Underworld, there is a ferryman called Charon. He was once punished for allowing a living poet to cross into the Underworld because he was moved by the poet's harp. And for a single coin, he will take you across the river.
- I know nothing. I am simply here. It was not we who created Echidna. It was the Olympians, who live on the surface.

C3 = Alcyoneus (E-3)
- We gigas fought for the survival of our race. There is no reason for us to be shut away in this place. We have no desire to fight. We were simply seen as an inconvenience by the Olympians. Us bearing dissonance? Absurd.

Bosses
B1 = Sphinx (C-2) {defeated}
B2 = Ladon (D-3) {defeated}
B3 = Phaia (D-4) {defeated}
B4 = Karkinos (E-4) {defeated}
B5 = Delphyne (B-3) {defeated}
B6 = Lernaean Hydra (A-3) {defeated}
B7 = Nemean Lion (A-4) {defeated}
B8 = Chimera (C-4) {defeated}
B9 = Colchian Dragon (B-4) {defeated}
B10 = Cerberus (A-5) {defeated}
B11 = Orthrus (C-5) {defeated}
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets
(B-1) (3rd Child: Gigas) We sealed Echidna with our power. If you seek the power to destroy Echidna, defeat the 11 children. The cog will reawaken this land.

(B-2) (6th Child: Alfr) This is the Hall of Malice. Where hatred begotten slumbers.

(B-2) (3rd Child: Gigas) The 11 children await down three paths. Echidna will awaken when all three paths have been conquered.

(C-2) (1st Child: Anunnaki) The Kali Yuga is the age of steel now blunted. The age where virtue disappeared, replaced by conflict and despair.

(D-2) (3rd Child: Olympian) The cog of ancient times lies with the twins. It will be revealed by the accumulated power of ancient storms.

(A-3) (Underworld) The hidden relic of several generations sleeps in the Eternal Prison. Hidden treasure sealed by a secret key.

(Z-4) (3rd Child: Gigas) The fur of a Nemean lion. Their pelts are tough enough to keep arrows from penetrating their mark.

(A-4) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Anzu, the lord of beasts that stops time. Anzu's power is lost only when time is frozen. They who can harness time will acquire the Destiny Tablet, proof of the Dark Star Lord.

(C-4) (3rd Child: Gigas) Bergelmir the giant rules over the world of frost. When the earth and moon are seen in Heaven, he shall awaken.

(F-4) (6th Child: Alfr) Search the Corridor of Blood. There are lands that can only be reached by the alternative path.

(F-4) (6th Child: Alfr) Scream in the room where Echidna is worshipped. Make your wishes heard.

(A-5) (6th Child: Alfr) The Seeress' Prophecy tells of the future. A prophecy of a final battle of which we cannot conceive. A battle that will occur at the final land. Where the sun, moon, and stars watch over the earth.

(C-5) (3rd Child: Gigas) Destroy Typhon.

(E-5) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Brahma asked Odin, "What is creation?" Odin responded that all was birthed from the remains of the primeval giant Ymir: "The glimmer of that which is birthed from death is creation."

Research
(B-1) [Yggdrasil Gate] The entrance to Yggdrasil, the World Tree. Those without the Mother's power must undo the locking mechanism to proceed.

(B-1) There is a gear-shaped hollow in the machine-like object.

Eternal Prison - Gloom
Eternal Prison - Gloom.jpg
Eternal Prison - Gloom.jpg (68.39 KiB) Viewed 5986 times
* = Holy Grail Tablet
G = Gate to Hell
F = Fairy Light

Exits (and Gates to Hell)
X1 = to Icefire Treetop
G0 = observed to exit Eternal Prison
G1 = observed to lead to Eternal Prison - Gloom (E-3)
G2 = observed to lead to Eternal Prison - Doom (C-6)
G3 = observed to lead to Eternal Prison - Doom (D-6)
G4 = red eyes, observed to lead to Eternal Prison - Doom (C-6); green eyes, observed to lead to Eternal Prison - Doom (C-3)
G5 = observed to lead to Eternal Prison - Doom (C-5)

Shops
S1 = Fairy Guild Corporal (D-6): "Gigigi... Hey, you. Fairy... You want? Secret... fairy. Money... give it. 400G." {purchased}

Characters
C1 = Izanami's Soul (C-7)
- Among the Gates to Hell lies a fake gate. Past the gates there is a deep valley called Blikjandabol. But I have heard stories that suggest otherwise. That past the fake gate there lived a demon called Ajisukitakahikone who takes the form of man and who can control the forces of destruction. There seems to be some sort of secret to the fake gate.

C2 = Ereshkigal (F-2)
- I am Ereshkigal, the eldest of the Underworld deities. Now I am but a being who simply exists here. What would you ask of a fallen deity?
- {Where is the dissonance for this place?} I know nothing about this dissonance of which you speak, but there are more than one generation of Children living here in the Underworld. This place is an accumulation of the deaths of each generation. No one apart from Hel, the incumbent Underworld deity, can control that sheer hatred.
- {What are the "Sky People"?} The Sky People appeared during our time. It was thanks to their power that we were able to develop our civilization at an impossible pace, and that power was also what caused us to begin to seek power other than that of the Mother: the Mother was an obstacle in their quest to rule over La-Mulana. Then, they became aware of Eg-Lana. I know that they had prepared some sort of elaborate method for sealing off Eg-Lana. But from then on, I never saw them again.
- {Tell me about the captured twins.} The twins of our race who were captured by the 3rd Children? Our race was thought to have been exterminated by the Mother, but there must be a few survivors, just like myself, here in Eg-Lana. With so few of us left there is nothing we can do. Irrespective of whether those born after us take advantage of the civilization we created, or are destroyed by the Mother we will wait for the destructive End. We have no more reason to remain in this world.

C3 = Charon (D-2)
- 1G to cross the river. I ask for nothing else.
- {Do it. (more than 1G)} I have no business with the wealthy. Drown yourself.
- {Do it. (1G exactly)} You got it. This is as far as 1G will get you. You are my final customer.

C4 = Eurydice (D-5)
- I want to hear that sound just once more... This is my only remaining desire.
- Oh, how it takes me back... The notes feel slightly dull and the sound of fingers on strings is somewhat muted, but this is definitely the sound of my husband's harp. It can't be helped that he himself cannot come to this place, so I thank you. You may already be aware, but while you have been told to pass through the seven gates of the Underworld, the numbers do not match up. There are fake gates, as well as hidden gates. The true gates strip you of your belongings as you pass through. Now, I shall rest in eternal peace. Take care...

C5 = Hades (B-5)
- My name is Hades. I am the Underworld deity of the 3rd Children. However now I am powerless. What would you ask of one of nothingness like myself?
- {Tell me of the Sinner of the 2nd Children.} I did indeed take in the Sinner of the 2nd Children. He is said to have been prescribed "living imprisonment", but I do not know whether or not he is still alive. If you so desire, I will open the entrance to the prison. Incant the words in the embankment above the prison.
- {From which race were you born?} This is the Underworld. I know nothing of the living world. But those of my race who remain in Eg-Lana have been cowards since arriving in this place. Forgetting their reasons to live, entrusting their own path to a machine... They would be better off destroyed.
- {Tell me about the Mother's clone.} Now, with the Mother's power gone, we may finally speak our true minds. Those born from the Mother cannot defy her. The Mother's imitation could only have been constructed with power borrowed from one not of this land. What did they seek to gain using false power?

C6 = Sakit (G3)
- My name is Sakit. I am now relieved of both power and regret... But I wish to have one final drink of liquor. Powerless as I am, would you bring me my final drink?
- Thank you. As I can no longer see, I know not what sort of being you are. Please, join me in my final sip...
- You carried out my wish. You have my gratitude. I will use the last of my power to leave this record. The dissonance of our race resides in our commemorative monument. Check the hole gouged in my companion's breast. Incant the words of which Ledo dreamt. May our race rest in peace. May my wife Ledo, who fell by my hand, rest in peace.

Bosses
B1 = Ratatoskr (A-5) {sealed}
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets
(D-1) (Underworld) The Last Gate to Hell, where the scythe-wielding Death God awaits. His scythe afflicts death upon those who retire along the path.

(E-1) (1st Child: Kotoamatsu) Incant at the colossal dragon's neck: "Heaven and earth, grind fire. And wind, flow into the sea". Those words will lead you to the infernal fiend's jaw.

(E-2) (Underworld) Hel resides on throne of the Underworld in her castle beyond the seven gates. Do not attempt to face her in the nakedness of innocence.

(F-2) (Underworld) The immortal giant who takes the form of an eagle, Hraesvelgr. His soul, departed from his body, wanders Yggdrasil. Unless his soul can be returned to a body, immortal he shall remain.

(D-3) (Underworld) The Last Gate to Hell has endured several eras. The gate's decoration was done by Hel's hand. The unadorned gates are also gates to Hell. The first gate will take something from your person.

(E-3) (Underworld) The younger brother of the man who was murdered by the Trickster asked the guard Modgud where his brother's soul was to be found. Hel answered: "When all weep for your brother, his revival will be permitted." However, the Trickster did not weep, and so Hermod's brother did not return.

(D-4) (6th Child: Alfr) This is the Eternal Prison. A land where the souls of the dead gather. The prison of gloom.

(D-4) (5th Child: Amarna) Maat's Feather is proof of judgement. It lies beyond the Dark Star Lord's footprint. Where the last step is inverted.

(B-5) (Underworld) The statue of the guard dog, Garm. Incant the words of awakening.

(B-6) (Underworld) The words of the trials are the words of the lords. The three pillars of light are the lords of the riddles.

(C-5) (6th Child: Lokapala) Svipdagr asked. For the words that would allow entry to the fortress hidden in the earth. She answered: "The wind stirs the sea, and fire burns the earth."

(C-6) (Underworld) Hraesvelgr's Sigil.

(C-7) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Brahma asked Abzu, "What is creation?" Abzu was begotten of pure waters, so he answered that undefiled, clear waters are creation.

(D-7) (Underworld) Eurydice was turned to stone for breaking the code of the Underworld. The last thing she hears is a song close to her heart. The song of Paradise, played by her husband.

Research
(E-1) [Gate to Hell]
Gate to Hell (Gloom E-1).jpg
Gate to Hell (Gloom E-1).jpg (34.46 KiB) Viewed 6997 times
(D-3) [Gate to Hell] {blank}

(E-3) [Gate to Hell]

(D-4) [Gate to Hell]

(B-5) [Bust of Mimir] A god of wisdom in ancient Norse mythology. Beheaded by the Vanir. His severed head lives on through Odin's magic. Said to be highly wise, and that incanting in front of the bust will trigger a response.

(C-5) {Snapshots} The Alfr spoke of that which will end all life ~ Of what is known as the "Mother" ~ Those who seek, must speak ~ the name of "Móðir" {Recorded mantra "Móðir"!}

(D-5) [Gate to Hell]

(B-6) [Gate to Hell]

(C-6) [Gate to Hell]
Gate to Hell (Gloom C-6).jpg
Gate to Hell (Gloom C-6).jpg (33.04 KiB) Viewed 6542 times
(D-7) [Gate to Hell]
Gate to Hell (Gloom D-7).jpg
Gate to Hell (Gloom D-7).jpg (31.7 KiB) Viewed 7059 times

Eternal Prison - Doom
Map, Exits, Characters, Bosses
Eternal Prison - Doom.jpg
Eternal Prison - Doom.jpg (52.53 KiB) Viewed 6244 times
* = Holy Grail Tablet
G = Gate to Hell
! = Guardian Hel {obliterated}

Exits (and Gates to Hell)
G0 = observed to exit Eternal Prison
G1 = observed to lead to Eternal Prison - Doom (C-1)
G2 = observed to lead to Eternal Prison - Gloom (D-7)
G3 = observed to lead to Eternal Prison - Doom (B-3)

Characters
C1 = Neti (D-4)
- I am Neti, former guard of the Underworld. While you must pass through seven gates, as has been law since ancient times, the order in which you must pass through changes with each Underworld deity. However, the words signifying this order have not changed. The order is: divine chalice, golden-gleaming wrist guard, lunar breastplate, rustic clothing, golden wings, something repurposed, and a glove of power. The gates reconstructed by Hel are each inscribed with a different crest. I do not know which crests signify which words.
- Inspect the gates yourself to see the crests.

C2 = Anubis (E-5)
- If you wish to seek audience with Osiris, then you must solve my riddles.
- Excellent. Go, meet with Osiris.

C3 = Osiris (E-5)
- I am Osiris, Underworld god of the 5th Children. I've been hiding here quietly - what do you want with me?
- {Gimme some treasure.} I don't know how you intend to use it, but the Underworld is a good place for hiding treasure. If someone is demanding that you bring it to them, then do so. {"Light Scythe" acquired.}
- {Tell me about the 5th Children.} We 5th Children conducted extensive research. We realized that the previous generations had been destroyed by the Mother. With no way to fight back, it was concluded that our only recourse was to escape to the outside world. Your people, being born from clay, should be less bound to the Mother's will. It is up to you to decide the fate of those living now.
- {Tell me about the Sky People.} "They" are assumed to be long extinct. It seems as though they came to this world with the intention of ruling over it, but they faced the obstacle that was the Mother - in the form of La-Mulana itself. They also sought to seal off Eg-Lana. This would have taken time they didn't have. I doubt their goals will ever be achieved now, but it is precisely because those whom they left behind continue to live that the world is now in such turmoil.

C4 = Hel (A-3)
- Welcome, she who has overcome the trial of the seven gates. I laud your ability to reach this place alive, and without the Mother's power, too. I shall grant you one wish. So, little one, what would you ask of a ruler of the Underworld? {I wanna kick your ass!} O, pathetic little one. Do you know what my death would bring Eg-Lana? If you wish for the End, then I shall grant you an opportunity.
- I applaud you, little one. It seems as though my role has been fulfilled. The ancient Children who fight meaninglessly shall meet their end. May the final Child of power welcome a new future!

Bosses
B1 = Ajisukitakahikone (C-3) {defeated}
B2 = Hraesvelgr (C-5) {defeated}
Other Clues Discovered
Tablets
(B-2) (Underworld) Death awaits you if you descend below.

(C-2) (6th Child: Alfr) A rage-filled face warped with murderous intent. They who wield excessive power.

(B-3) (6th Child: Alfr) This is the Eternal Prison. A land where the souls of the dead gather. The prison of doom.

(A-4) (6th Child: Alfr) The way into a child's heart is a mother's heart. When the tightly-closed heart opens, light will bathe the mother's heart.

(D-4) (1st Child: Anunnaki) Brahma asked Amenomikanushi, "What is creation?" Amaterasu illuminated all with a red light. The lives born from that are creation.

(E-4) (Underworld) The Duat Room and the Room of Judgment go hand in hand. No life can be guaranteed to those who do not possess the Proof of Judgement.

(D-5) (5th Child: Amarna) The lord's throne that ascends to Nibiru is in the Dark Star Lord's Pyramid. The words needed to climb into the throne are hidden in footprints. Footprints concealed by the Dark Star Lord.
Mausoleum Tablet C-3.jpg
Mausoleum Tablet C-3.jpg (45.13 KiB) Viewed 7228 times
(E-5) (Underworld) Ah, prove your worth. Ah, prove your worth. We detest the intensity of pain. Hopefully we will not have to endure that which we detest. Behold the frozen ground at our feet. Rejoice, for we will be rendered powerless! Rejoice, for we will be rendered powerless!

(E-5) (Underworld) Ah, prove your worth. Ah, prove your worth. You, who have come from the world of the living. Who stands on the precipice of doom. We will see the extent of your courage. Then two of us will disappear. Rejoice, for we will be rendered powerless! Rejoice, for we will be rendered powerless!

(E-5) (Underworld) Ah, prove your worth. Ah, prove your worth. Instill in us the fear of the unspoken. You who have come from the world of the living. Stand before the wheel of ages. We will hear the extent of your incanted silence. Then two of us will disappear. Rejoice, for we will be rendered powerless! Rejoice, for we will be rendered powerless!

(D-6) (Underworld) Stepping through a gate where what you hold is stolen will be counted. But step through a gate where it is not, and we shall not.

Research
(C-5) [Statue of Hraesvelgr] A stone statue of a monster created to monitor Eg-Lana. Though it appears to be made of stone, it's said that in reality it is actually alive, albeit simply sleeping while Hraesvelgr is projecting himself elsewhere.

Nibiru
- {Snapshots} The Titans spoke of an unavoidable battle ~ The Alfr spoke of a joyous sleep ~ Of what is known as "night" ~ Those who seek, must speak ~ the name of "Nótt" {Recorded mantra "Nótt"!}

- [Master Skull] A gigantic crystal skull said to have lordship over the 12 Crystal Skulls. It seems to have some light-emitting mechanism within it.

- [Mummu Bust] A headless crystal bust with "Mummu" inscribed upon it. Likely the name of one of the 12 Anunnaki.

- [Nebiru Bust] A headless crystal bust with "Nebiru" inscribed upon it. Likely the name of one of the 12 Anunnaki.

- [Tutu Bust] A headless crystal bust with "Tutu" inscribed upon it. Likely the name of one of the 12 Anunnaki.

- [Asarualim Nunna Bust] A headless crystal bust with "Asarualim Nunna" inscribed upon it. Likely the name of one of the 12 Anunnaki.

- [Asarualim Bust] A headless crystal bust with "Asarualim" inscribed upon it. Likely the name of one of the 12 Anunnaki.

- [Asaruludu Bust] A headless crystal bust with "Asaruludu" inscribed upon it. Likely the name of one of the 12 Anunnaki.

- [Enlil Bust] A headless crystal bust with "Enlil" inscribed upon it. Likely the name of one of the 12 Anunnaki.

Spiral Hell
- A script of some kind can be discerned, but it's too compromised to read.
Last edited by Voltgloss 3 years ago, edited 61 times in total.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

LET'S GO

i think this game fundamentally improves on the first game in a variety of ways even if it doesn't have the same novelty and i'm excited for the rao-playthrough of it, especially two years after the fact when it isn't a buggy disaster like it was at launch lol
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Donut

Post by Donut »

I happen to have started La Mulana 2 earlier this week, so sadly I'll have to skip out on this LP until I'm done. Just spent about 3 hours making minimal progress and agonizing over whether I'm on the wrong track for this puzzle or just missing something obvious, so I can vouch that it is a Good Time. Looking forward to seeing raocow's take!
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

More Mulbruk please :pal:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

the realmulana starts 2
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Crow

Post by Crow »

Awoo wrote: 3 years ago More Mulbruk please :pal:

you will be both satisfied and unsatisfied

Draexzhan
Flair text
First name: Nathan

Post by Draexzhan »

I'm really looking forward to this. La-Mulana 2 is a worthy sequel in pretty much every sense, IMO. Can't wait to see raocow struggle with mundane puzzles and defy explanation by solving the complicated ones by accident.
Signature text.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Oh I am so excited for raocow's reactions to a number of things in this. I really hope he didn't watch DeceasedCrab's playthrough of this one like I did...
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

I (mostly) enjoyed the second game more than the first, so I'm pretty eager to watch this. Certainly took me much longer to beat than its predecessor too, so I imagine it'll be a fairly long LP.
Bluster Kerfuffle
Master of Windy Import

Post by Bluster Kerfuffle »

I JUST rewatched the Lamulana LP and bought both games on steam and I had no idea this was happening, what a wonderful surprise!
Quadro
Heh heh.

Re: La-Mulana 2 - the real la-mulana starts here, huh

Post by Quadro »

Oh my god, what?

Are we serious here?

"You are loved and you matter, whether you want to or not."
-raocow, 2023

"Wherever you are tonight,
I wish you the best of everything."

-Tom Petty

icon stolen from:
Crow

Post by Crow »

rao i have no clue who convinced you to play on hard mode but you are going to have a significantly less fun experience doing so. as with the last game it's pretty much designed for people who have already beaten the game before and honestly the platforming & bosses in la-mulana 2 are already generally harder than the first game even on standard mode...
Draexzhan
Flair text
First name: Nathan

Post by Draexzhan »

Ohhh boy blind hard mode? This'll be interesting. I haven't actually played this game on hard mode yet, but I've One Arm'd LM2 and One Finger'd LM1, so I think I can take a guess as to how it'll go. That said, I think it's within raocow's capabilities.

Now, it's been a while since I played La-Mulana 2, but I thought they re-did the opening sequence? Apparently not?
Signature text.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Draexzhan wrote: 3 years ago Now, it's been a while since I played La-Mulana 2, but I thought they re-did the opening sequence? Apparently not?
raocow isn't playing the most recent version (which has the re-done opening sequence) - I gather because the most recent version also made changes to the some of the music.

I agree that hard mode is within raocow's capabilities.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

why isn't raocow playing the freeware msx version
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

The NPC art is done quite well, gotta say.

The vibe of Mulbruk this time looked more like a young woman than an ancient mistress of the ruins. Looks like the game agrees:
Since being released from the ruins, she has been happily living above ground, pretending to be a young woman. Using her amazing knowledge of history, she has become a treasure hunter. She's also grown quite fashionable.
(from the Kickstarter Bio)
Last edited by ano0maly 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Cyril wrote: 3 years ago
Awoo wrote: 3 years ago More Mulbruk please :pal:

you will be both satisfied and unsatisfied

can I marry her plz

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

so

who's going to supply the normal mode backup save?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

just looked at the OP and wow, even colouring the text and everything
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

CALLED IT STARTING AROUND THIS TIME

(And you didn't believe me. "Oh no, it's gonna be 2021!" You were wrong!)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I was rather disappointed in the sequel. The actual gameplay is better and the music and story are perfectly fine. But the level design is quite infuriating compared to the first game, the bosses are pretty much all inferior to the first game's bosses, and trying to figure out where to go is far too often extremely tedious. It also feels really cheap that on multiple occasions you collect an item to trivialize a previous hazard only for the game to immediately introduce a new hazard that makes that completely pointless. I almost 100%ed the game but rage quit a few rooms before the final boss and never touched it again because of a combination of a game bug and the basic level design making one point a few rooms from the end a complete and utter nightmare.

It's the room like three or so from the end that's basically a rehash of the most difficult room in the first game's Hell Temple. Except it's worse this time because spikes work differently. And then below it is a sub-boss that isn't trivial even at the end of the game and that, at the time, respawned every time you fell into the room. That combined with the fact that I was permanently locked out of the final glossary entry were the final straw for me.

My takeaway from the game is that for whatever reason the devs took most of their lessons from Hell Temple which was an optional area and then applied that to the entire sequel. Hell Temple was fine because it was optional. But there's worse stuff here that's not just required but requires you traverse it numerous times. I completed basically every play session other than the first handful feeling frustrated and exhausted rather than actually enjoying myself.
Donut wrote: 3 years agoI happen to have started La Mulana 2 earlier this week, so sadly I'll have to skip out on this LP until I'm done. Just spent about 3 hours making minimal progress and agonizing over whether I'm on the wrong track for this puzzle or just missing something obvious, so I can vouch that it is a Good Time. Looking forward to seeing raocow's take!
This is pretty much par for the course sadly. They changed the way they approach puzzles to make it easier to figure out what they do but figuring out where you need to go is worse than the first game in my opinion. You'll typically just end up doing one or more complete revisits of the entire ruins trying to figure out where to go next.
Cyril wrote: 3 years agorao i have no clue who convinced you to play on hard mode but you are going to have a significantly less fun experience doing so. as with the last game it's pretty much designed for people who have already beaten the game before and honestly the platforming & bosses in la-mulana 2 are already generally harder than the first game even on standard mode...
Seconding this. It's going to make navigating the ruins a complete and total nightmare. The level design is already a lot more dickish to the player than the first game was without hard mode. And considering how much of a pain the first game made navigating in hard mode I dread how much it's going to suck here. There's a handful of early game traps that I constantly managed to fall for even in the lategame. Not because I forgot about them but because they're located in the most difficult avoid spots possible on their screens. (The same is true of a number of hazard/enemy setups in plenty of areas as well.)