(shouting)

La-Mulana 2 - fish. it is a fish. it's true.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: La-Mulana 2 - just casual space dragon

Post by Alice »

PSI Ninja wrote: 3 years agoI'm amused that you decided to show your misses in the winning fight against Nidhogg, but it really highlights how tedious that strat was.
Nidhogg is pretty tedious period. I ended up just shooting him in the face until he died. At that point I was a fair bit further along than raocow was and thus in a similar situation where it opened up almost nothing of use. (Not even the fairy guild pass for me since I didn't realize I'd overlooked it until WAY later in the game.)
Bluster Kerfuffle
Master of Windy Import
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Bluster Kerfuffle »

Those pillars are really fun. You can actually just hold Up and Right then spam Jump and Lumisa will like turbo-mode swing and jump through them all. I think even if you get hit she ignores the knockback if you're going fast enough but that's a lie maybe
AweStriker

Post by AweStriker »

Anyone else in the thread ever listen to Siberian Khatru by Yes?

My biggest question now is
when’s Vritra — ?
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

AweStriker wrote: 3 years ago Anyone else in the thread ever listen to Siberian Khatru by Yes?
Not until just now. And I now understand why you ask.
Draexzhan
Flair text
First name: Nathan

Post by Draexzhan »

Fell a few episodes behind. Glad to see raocow FINALLY got Mantra.
FPzero wrote: The Rapier was honestly one of my favorite weapons for some reason. I think I just liked its simplicity, plus it does seem to have a slightly longer reach than the whip.

-----

Of course, those who have played and remember the Vajra item probably know why I loved the Rapier so much. That attack speed is no joke. Hopefully raocow will come to a similar conclusion once he finds that too.

The rapier is such a fun weapon IMO. I find it very satisfying to use. The snapping sound and all that are very worthy of a chef's kiss. Far more appealing than the Key Sword from the first game.

But yeah, the Vajra just makes it that much better.

Signature text.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: La-Mulana 2 - yeah that's right underwater nonsense

Post by Crow »

today: raocow incredibly raocows
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Cyril wrote: 3 years ago today: raocow incredibly raocows
seriously. that was fantastic.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

get up on the hydra's back!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Bluster Kerfuffle
Master of Windy Import

the fire altar you guys i SCREAMED

but anyway Vritra is a boss I remember being so frustrated at fighting in hard mode but at the end I was like you know what that was cool. very pattern-based.
PSI Ninja
https://psininja.talkhaus.com/

Post by PSI Ninja »

Wow, was that exploit already known? Good stuff.
Alice wrote:
PSI Ninja wrote: 3 years agoI'm amused that you decided to show your misses in the winning fight against Nidhogg, but it really highlights how tedious that strat was.
Nidhogg is pretty tedious period. I ended up just shooting him in the face until he died. At that point I was a fair bit further along than raocow was and thus in a similar situation where it opened up almost nothing of use. (Not even the fairy guild pass for me since I didn't realize I'd overlooked it until WAY later in the game.)
Nidhogg was actually one of the first bosses I took down, so I had the Grapple Claw right from the start. I thought it was the "Shuriken test" boss, since it always tries to keep its distance from you, and you get the Shurikens in the same field. So I had no reason to believe that I should have saved it for later. I don't remember how long it took me to beat the boss, but yeah, I'm sure it sucked.

Since I'm already looking back on my notes, and there's been some talk about the different choices we all made, I thought it would be fun to compare raocow's boss route with mine so far (I didn't count Ratatoskr).

raocow:
Fafnir -> Hugin and Munin -> Kaliya -> Vucub Caquix -> Ixtab -> Cetus -> Kujata -> Badhbh Cath -> Svipdagr -> Vedfolnir -> Nidhogg -> Vritra

Mine:
Nidhogg -> Fafnir -> Hugin and Munin -> Vucub Caquix -> Vedfolnir -> Cetus -> Svipdagr -> Kaliya -> Vritra -> Ixtab -> Badhbh Cath -> Kujata

After that,

I went to Takamagahara Shrine for the first time. I think he satisfied all the conditions to go there after defeating the third Guardian, but the game is still pretty open at this point so who knows where he'll check tomorrow.

helucard

Post by helucard »

When riding on Yoshi's back, press the action button to hit him persuasively point and ask him to spit out his tongue. He can eat many things, such as enemies and fruit. Try it out!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

that fruit is so good he's blushing :oops:
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

oh no what have i done
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Probably something good.

Or something bad, it's hard to tell with this game.

But probably something!
Draexzhan
Flair text
First name: Nathan

Post by Draexzhan »

That Vritra fight was silly. I've never seen anything like it.
Signature text.
benzeenie
⊂二二二(*^ω^)二⊃

Post by benzeenie »

CHEESE DRAGONS!!!
(raocow is my signature pic)
CHEESE DRAGONS!!!
(raocow is my signature pic)
CHEESE DRAGONS!!!
Pshh, in my day, we were raised to never, ever, EVER even DREAM of cheesing dragons! Or cheesing any other mythical fire breathing beasts for that matter. Just because someone is bigger than you and can breathe fire and do magics and is a dragon- does NOT give you the right to get all cheezy with them.

You just think about that for a while.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

raocow wrote: 3 years ago oh no what have i done
something something the real la-mulana something

the blood corridor of blood opens up some Options yeah......
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bluster Kerfuffle
Master of Windy Import

Re: La-Mulana 2 - let's just get turbo lost

I'm surprised so many people in the yt comments seem to have gotten stuck on using the beherit, but I suppose it could be pretty easy to miss the clues

also yeah the first time I got to hall of malice I thought "oh hell no I'm not supposed to be here... but I kinda want to." it's great
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

I was walled by not figuring out how to use the Beherit on the Corridor of Blood for so long. Well done raocow. The issue, at least for me, is that the one tablet showing use of the Beherit (which raocow re-read today) is a tablet that I read before receiving the Beherit, so I didn't recognize it at the time - nor did I recognize the Beherit as the thing in the picture after I received it (or think to re-read that tablet).

Ultimately I received what I think is the one other clue to this puzzle, received from an NPC's "second speech" upon revisiting them later in the game, but only after a lot of random flailing about.

A meaningful version difference today, of which I wasn't previously aware: In the latest build of the game, the ladder raocow climbs at 14:21 is missing.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Question of my own for Voltgloss now regarding the Hall of Malice:

when I played an early version of the game and activated the area, you weren’t able to leave until all of the bosses were dead (the grail point stopped working iirc). I remember this almost locking me out of continuing the game without grinding souls like crazy to heal. Is this still the case in the version raocow is playing, or was that changed?

Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

S.N.N. wrote: 3 years ago Question of my own for Voltgloss now regarding the Hall of Malice:

when I played an early version of the game and activated the area, you weren’t able to leave until all of the bosses were dead (the grail point stopped working iirc). I remember this almost locking me out of continuing the game without grinding souls like crazy to heal. Is this still the case in the version raocow is playing, or was that changed?

Kinda. You can't teleport out once you activate the Hall, but you can still leave through the Corridor of Blood, or through the gate to Heaven's Labyrinth if you unlocked it.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Corridor of Blood remains my single favourite aspect of this game, and one of the major reasons to love and/or hate LM2. Seeing raocow gain access to it and start to exploit its interconnective power at this point delights me.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 3 years ago
S.N.N. wrote: 3 years ago Question of my own for Voltgloss now regarding the Hall of Malice:

Kinda. You can't teleport out once you activate the Hall, but you can still leave through the Corridor of Blood, or through the gate to Heaven's Labyrinth if you unlocked it.

Heavy Sigh is correct, with the caveat that if you didn't unlock the gate to Heaven's Labyrinth, you still need to get through a third of the Hall bosses (without being able to warp out to heal) to reach the Corridor of Blood exit. This is why the latest version removes the ladder I mentioned; doing so *prevents* the player from reaching the Cog spot and activating the Hall until *after* having opened the gate from Heaven's Labyrinth.

If it looks like raocow is in danger of falling into this semi-softlock, I plan to alert him in as non-spoilery a way as possible. I'm guardedly hopeful he will open the Heaven's Labyrinth door before finding the Cog and render the issue moot.

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Xavier asked the computer, "What doth life?"

And then the computer exploded.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Voltgloss wrote: 3 years agoI was walled by not figuring out how to use the Beherit on the Corridor of Blood for so long. Well done raocow. The issue, at least for me, is that the one tablet showing use of the Beherit (which raocow re-read today) is a tablet that I read before receiving the Beherit, so I didn't recognize it at the time - nor did I recognize the Beherit as the thing in the picture after I received it (or think to re-read that tablet).

Ultimately I received what I think is the one other clue to this puzzle, received from an NPC's "second speech" upon revisiting them later in the game, but only after a lot of random flailing about.

This was pretty similar to how I ended up doing things myself. Though I didn't discover its purpose through a clue. I actually figured it out on total accident. I'd been trying to equip another item and didn't realize I'd missed and equipped the beherit. Then I accidentally used it while standing in front of the Corridor of Blood gate. It really didn't help in my case that getting the beherit was like 6-7 play sessions removed from reading that tablet so I'd completely forgotten about its existence by that point.