(shouting)

YUMP2 - Marginal Consciousness

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
gbreeze

Re: YUMP2 - 4 - Around the World

Post by gbreeze »

Since this is now the "cool thing to do", I will also admit my atrocities: sky disco, horizontal (strapped) bomb, happy birthday, credit card, blockomancy, FINISHED CONSTRUCTION, scaffolding
General_Urist

Post by General_Urist »

Well THAT was a thing. 80 MINUTES! And that's after editing. Just how long did this take you in real time, raocow?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

exactly three hours and eight minutes
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

so with technology advancement, has the max number of exits per hack been substantially increased?

if not really, then tbh that's also another point for the absurdity of splitting this into individual levels.
for one, it's not like the rest of yump2 is hurting by how densely creative this level is. yump2 is creative enough on its own, it doesnt need to be propped up by YSP leftovers being given their own dot on the map

ok im done now (tho actually still curious about that technology question, if someone has a good guide to link me feel free)
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Finally got around to finishing this. What a great level, the joke is so simple in theory but the fact that it stayed pretty high quality through the whole thing makes it work so much better.
I was driven pretty nuts watching you go back and forth between the same 3 screens over and over again while looking for the exit in the coin maze though.

Also I never watched/played A2MT but in the bit where you can't run, when you said "I'm playing A2MT" was that a reference to my level because I'd be shocked if anyone other than me remembers it
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

no yeah I associate 'not allowed to run' to that early a2mt level forever because having a level where you are not allowed to run as one of the first levels in a hack is certainly an idea
Konomi
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Konomi »

I watched this episode without looking at the length or pausing it, so I was in for the trip as I watched the clock tick on while the level refused to end. How suspenseful!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

raocow wrote: 3 years ago no yeah I associate 'not allowed to run' to that early a2mt level forever because having a level where you are not allowed to run as one of the first levels in a hack is certainly an idea
That's hilarious, and what's also funny is that "feature" was basically thrown in because you may recall the obsessive push for "every level needs to be unique and memorable" that was happening in the early days of that hack (which I'm sure played a part in its downfall and abandonment). The level was (correctly) deemed too bland/boring so it needed an ASM gimmick and that's what you got.

A2MT was like the anti-YUMP

(edit: actually watching to the exact video I linked, this was explained in basically the exact same way)
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I think the anti-YUMP is SMWCP2. One of the ways in which they are different is that the latter doesn't exi
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

Konomi wrote: 3 years ago I watched this episode without looking at the length or pausing it, so I was in for the trip as I watched the clock tick on while the level refused to end. How suspenseful!
That must be such a strong feeling of suspense. Kudos to you for avoiding to check the video's length.

Also I keep seeing people thinking raocow did poorly in the coin maze, but he really didn't. It's really, really easy to get lost and die in dumb ways.
Mosts Awards:
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I find it interesting that the retry system makes it easier to play difficult levels but potentially makes the videos harder to edit. That's a trade-off i never would have thought about.

My favorite part of the YSP joke was the birthday cake room giving you power ups at the end as a reward for beating it and then the next room immediately filtering them out. Also the glasses level was adorable.
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

sorry if this is the wrong place, but where would I be able to find who has which level-maker-code-username thingy? I can't find a definite list so I'm wondering if it's just word of mouth or there's info somewhere
:nb_pride:
helucard

Post by helucard »

Wow that was wild...
Dude, how do you have the energy?

Please keep a bottle of water nearby from here on if we're expecting nonsense level lengths like this. This just came out of the blue.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

why would there be more levels with the same joke
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Wolfolotl wrote: 3 years ago sorry if this is the wrong place, but where would I be able to find who has which level-maker-code-username thingy? I can't find a definite list so I'm wondering if it's just word of mouth or there's info somewhere
I believe once you beat the game (postgame?) there's a key, but I think it's not been publicly posted anywhere? I think it's a deliberate thing to prevent authors getting flack for "troll" levels. Guessing on all fronts here. :slow:
Emral
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/

Post by Emral »

Wolfolotl wrote: 3 years ago sorry if this is the wrong place, but where would I be able to find who has which level-maker-code-username thingy? I can't find a definite list so I'm wondering if it's just word of mouth or there's info somewhere
The game's credits reveal the real names in a list (can be screencapped for a permanent reference at some point but I wouldn't share that in this thread until the game is beaten). Either beating the game or some optional toggle (I'm not sure) also reveals the real names in the info menu for each level.
I do things. You can find them on my talkhaus site. https://enjl.talkhaus.com/
Here is another link. This one lets you draw.
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/draw.html
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Leet wrote:why would there be more levels with the same joke
romhack players are such big babies. you gotta let go of your limits if you want to embrace YUMP QUALITY
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Re: YUMP2 - 5 - Cog is Push

Post by tangy »

Karoshi can be defined as "death by overwork".
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Leet wrote: 3 years ago why would there be more levels with the same joke
I mean this in an entirely positive way: The fact that someone would ask this question is exactly why there could be more such levels.

(Also, goofy_ill_fuckin_do_it_again.jpg seems exactly like the kind of thing YUMP would do)
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Valentine
[b]the[/b]
https://valentine.talkhaus.com/

Post by Valentine »

raocow stop playing all the best levels back to back at the start of the LP
:trans_pride:
raocow

Post by raocow »

look.
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

the next level you play should be determined by rng
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

In the truest YUMP quality, I suggest you load up a level in YUMP 2 and then just have it be a completely different game, and once you beat that, go back to YUMP 2 and pretend it never happened. True anarchy.
ImageImage
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

that was fun to watch. now im remembering that red herring yump level which, despite being vanilla, felt about as chocolate as this since the glitches it used may as well have been asm.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol

Post by idol »

Piesonscreations wrote: 3 years ago In the truest YUMP quality, I suggest you load up a level in YUMP 2 and then just have it be a completely different game, and once you beat that, go back to YUMP 2 and pretend it never happened. True anarchy.
we threw around the idea of inserting nes golf into ysp, then coding a bowser fight inside nes golf where you had to pelt him with golf balls.

we ran out of time