(shouting)

YUMP2 - Marginal Consciousness

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: YUMP2 - 36 - Cabin

Post by Leet »

I actually really liked the puzzle levels in JUMP 1/2. But a lot of these (not all) just look exhausting to keep track of, where my main reaction is "I'm glad I don't have to play this". This one looked that way to me. Of course playing and watching are totally different.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

extra lore for cabin fever (not really a spoiler, marking as one to maybe make GIF start from the start, i have no idea whether this will work)
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

that's amazing
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

xfix wrote: 3 years ago extra lore for cabin fever (not really a spoiler, marking as one to maybe make GIF start from the start, i have no idea whether this will work)
I sense some venting there
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Skye

Post by Skye »

Last edited by Skye 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
Love is nothing in tennis and everything in life.

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I liked these puzzles but I think they would have been better if there was a single medium-difficulty puzzle before these two Very Hard ones, to get the player in the right headspace.
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol

Post by idol »

rao is in a special world mind you. shit's hard.

cabin fever is very creative and way too smart for me
Grounder

Re: YUMP2 - 37 - theme of really cool bird

Post by Grounder »

i'm almost disappointed this wasn't an ice level
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Valentine
[b]the[/b]
https://valentine.talkhaus.com/

Post by Valentine »

this level is good except for that one pitchin chuck near the end.

EDIT: Discord images have slightly unfucked themselves so I can share my experience with said chuck
:trans_pride:
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I find it interesting how often raocow seems to have similar experiences in levels to my own. I thought this level was neat, but I had a weirdly difficult time here. Not that this level's super easy or anything, but I feel like I died here way more than I ought to have.

I like the parts of this level where you have to use sprites to scare the birds away, but I wasn't a big fan of the parts where they're basically used as hurt blocks that can move around randomly. It was annoying trying to get back to a place where I died when suddenly a part I had done plenty of times became harder because the birds decided to move to the worst possible places.

Also, I agree that that pitchin chuck is a big jerk. The first time I went down that pipe he killed me before I could have possibly seen him coming.

AUS
Toni#4796

Re: YUMP2 - Sweet Love

Post by AUS »

this level is good
edit: i meant the rope one
Last edited by AUS 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

I’m way too amused by the sideways ropes in that first level.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

at some point in this lp i got like particularly excited to see more from this game so i looked up streams of it, and every stream i watched got to these levels, and i'm pleasantly surprised to see that raocow generally had fewer problems with consent lessons than every streamer i watched play it! a bunch of them had way more rope deaths early on than rao did

jankman is expectedly about as rough here as it was for other players, haha. it's a strange control feeling to get used to but that chuck setup between the munchers seemed to be a bigger obstacle for everyone than just learning how to play the level
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Jankman took me a while to solve. I played it relatively early on, got stuck, and then skipped it. I went back to it about a week later and figured it out. It's a tricky level and the automatic running plays with your head; it makes it hard to think.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

The thing I remember most about jankman is pausing and unpausing the game in that tunnel near the beginning so I could hold the jump button without Mario actually jumping into the death ceiling. It may seem like a small thing but I had to do it every time I died (well, almost every time; sometimes I actually remembered to hold the jump button before landing on the ground); after a while it just got ingrained in my memory.

Also, when I was playing that puzzle room, sometimes the wall of switch blocks would activate, leaving me with no way forward but to die and try again. I have no idea what even triggers it, but after a while it just kind of stopped happening, which just made me more confused. Adding to the mystery is that it never even happened once for raocow.

AweStriker

Post by AweStriker »

Having watched some of those 5-hour block stream videos, jankman was definitely one of the levels I was concerned how it’d go.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Sounds like raocow discovered one of the two major reasons streamers suck. (The other being having to work on someone else's schedule, though some of them at least uploading to Youtube afterwards can help alleviate that problem some.)
Skye

Post by Skye »

Last edited by Skye 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Skye wrote: 3 years ago I'm happy to inform you all that we have a reunion between raocow and a very special old friend to look forward to seeing at some point in the remainder of this LP.

no offense, but i didnt ask

Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Skye wrote: 3 years ago I'm happy to inform you all that we have a reunion between raocow and a very special old friend to look forward to seeing at some point in the remainder of this LP.

ahh yes the BlackDS level

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Skye

Post by Skye »

Last edited by Skye 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

morsel/morceau

Re: YUMP2 - Wind Fortress

Post by morsel/morceau »

Weight of your SIns was one of my favourite levels. It felt more traditional in style (its length, leniency and how it allowed you to think), which is where my heart is, and was a nice change from some of the more 'modern kaizo' levels in the game.

If talkhaus ever makes another hack for raocow, it should either have no throwing whatsoever or be throwing themed.
dont wanna jihad no more
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Is Weight of the Sins actually meant to be about punishing Mario for killing Chuck, or is that just a really funny coincidence?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'd hazard a guess that they where made independently, but someone noticed the theme between them and put them together on the map.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

raocow wrote: 3 years ago I'd hazard a guess that they where made independently, but someone noticed the theme between them and put them together on the map.
All levels other than The Morose Recompense of a Maltreated Sports Player having SMW cloud background supports this guess.

That being said, I didn't design the overworld (unlike YUMP1 overworld, kinda), so I don't know.