(shouting)

YUMP2 - Marginal Consciousness

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
strongbadman

Re: YUMP2 - 29 - Satan

Post by strongbadman »

This is extremely VIP-like in quality and concept. If this was in the Valley of Bowser in VIP 6 it would absolutely not be out of place.
Nimono

Re: YUMP2 - 28 - Cocoa Cave

Post by Nimono »

raocow wrote: 3 years ago the thing is, this level is litteraly before the last world, so I think it's normal that it's really hard.

like the difficulty curve in this game is gonna be nebulous because the game spreads wide. Very early on the game splits many times and so instead of having a typical world progressions, you have several unnumbered paths who eventually converge to a point before the bowser cube, and then it's the bowser cube.
true, true! I *personally* would still expect that kind of difficulty in a bonus world, though, as opposed to "oh man this is the entry to the endgame!!"

but like I said- seems this is the intent behind this hack's difficulty anyway, so eh! if it's intentional, my comment is invalid!
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 3 years ago i've been posting messed up thumbnails from discord embeds of raocow's uploads in the all the sonics thread since it's been happening a bunch with sonic advance 2 but i just noticed yesterday's YUMP 2 had a real messed up one too

I think it's a problem with your computer, or just the fact that you grab these videos right when they're released and thus YouTube hasn't finished crawling them. You should probably just let it go.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

They're posting them because they like them, why would they let it go

Incidentally I just noticed the HUD is completely intact
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Emral
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/

Post by Emral »

The hud doesn't move, so there's nothing it needs to update between frames. It might glitch out if the thumbnail chosen overlapped with a frame where coins, points, or a reserve powerup are being collected.

Incidentally, my RSS reader displays all the thumbnails fine. Probably because it crawls in intervals rather than listening to all upload events (which causes it to take a few minutes longer to pull the thumbnail).
I do things. You can find them on my talkhaus site. https://enjl.talkhaus.com/
Here is another link. This one lets you draw.
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/draw.html
Daizo

Post by Daizo »

click spoiler for info on blocked art servey (contains spoilers)
So there are 3 images:
- Mellonpizza cameo
- Koopaling Fight
- CLIMAX Pilot

All the details behind the answers are explained through this video

but really, I'll explain here too:
Answer 1) To figure out this answer, they are all (in a sense) technically true but the most accurate one is "Seven, Eight" because the eight is sideways and the seven is upside down. In some font styles "1" doesn't have the line underneath, but the answer lies within' the consistent number that doesn't (usually) have it. Thus, 7. If I were Bowser tho, I would've made both doors correct.

Answer 2) raocow got it, it's the SMB3 Super Show koopaling names. More specifically, (and thank you ♀¨•♠ö║í±☻~ for making the list)
•Larry = Cheatsy
•Morton = Big Mouth
•Wendy = Kootie Pie
•Lemmy = Hip
•Iggy = Hop
•Roy = Bully
•Ludwig = Kooky
•Bowser = King Koopa

Answer 3) raocow accidentally got it, it's the dark green block. There's two ways of reaching this answer; you could consider the actual background colour, or you could consider the green bush tile as the answer. Either way, both are true, and are grouped as the same answer.

Answer 4) This one is hard to explain. So this requires outside knowledge on something you only really see once, and that is the pilot controlling the CLIMAX boss fight from the original JUMP is what the "blocked art" is referencing. Now what makes this answer hard to explain is the reason the answer is "upside down roof" is because the image makes the pilot right side up, whereas in JUMP you see him upside down. Thus, what"s "above" him in the blocked art is an upside down roof. (It's better explained in the video since there are images showing what I mean. also you find out who is President Lord Bowser but hushhh)

Answer 5) raocow applied a very different logic to this, but it was right anyway. But this one also requires some outside knowledge in that you need to understand how specific tiles act. It's picture 2 because you're able to stand on some of the blocks, whereas picture one acts like air tiles (so you'd fall and die), and picture 3 is covered in death blocks.
Answer 6) You have 6 answers this time, where you can use L and R to explore the blocked art further to find the sixteen arrow pieces throughout the level.
The boss is the quiz master getting mad that you solved all his puzzles.

The entire level is based off of a quiz segment from the RPG Maker game "off" by Mortis Ghost, where an Elsen asks you 5 questions that relate to 3 images right beside him. Answer all 5 correctly and you get a surprise 6th question, and then a boss fight at the end. Good game, I'm glad someone else referenced off in YUMP2.

also who is President Lord Bowser?
it's me. big surprise right
I do suggest raocow check the door that says "thirteen", since....I won't explain, but it's funny.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

I freakin loved seeing that first level because of how stupid good it is as a joke
video games
Valentine
[b]the[/b]
https://valentine.talkhaus.com/

Post by Valentine »

top 2 levels in super mario world

Number 1: these two
:trans_pride:
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

thatguyif wrote: 3 years ago
CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 3 years ago i've been posting messed up thumbnails from discord embeds of raocow's uploads in the all the sonics thread since it's been happening a bunch with sonic advance 2 but i just noticed yesterday's YUMP 2 had a real messed up one too

I think it's a problem with your computer, or just the fact that you grab these videos right when they're released and thus YouTube hasn't finished crawling them. You should probably just let it go.
can confirm: it is 100% a problem with youtube that has been ongoing for some weeks now. also who the hell is it hurting for them to post these anyways
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

I liked the idea of the first level, but going back to look at the pictures was so tedious. I ended up just brute forcing it when I played. That level would be better if you could see the pictures while reading the questions.

The second level was great. It hurts your head a little, but not too much that it's frustrating to play. There could have been more variety in the enemy types, but what was there was put to good use. Very fun and challenging level.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

I brute forced every single question in the first level. Didn't even notice the arrows, but guessed 16 first. I understood 0 references while playing.

I love the aesthetic in the 2nd level
Mosts Awards:
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

Cyril wrote: 3 years ago can confirm: it is 100% a problem with youtube that has been ongoing for some weeks now. also who the hell is it hurting for them to post these anyways
It's just weirdly obsessive to keep posting about these when we know what the problem is and can't do anything about it
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

They just look cool dude jesus christ
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

thatguyif wrote: 3 years ago

at least one other person (AUS, i think?) posted a screencap of it showing up on discord for them too, so it's not just me. FAKEEDIT: it was SAJewers actually but AUS also said they saw them on discord. they definitely come about because of youtube processing the videos and not being done yet, and while on youtube the thumbnails are clean and fine, discord embeds seem to be pulling up these mid-processing thumbnails.

i'm not posting these as some weird criticism or anything, i just think they're neat and weird. i could spoiler them if they're bothering anyone though?
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

My best guess is Discord's scraper tries to grab the thumbnail from a rendered page but it's triggering the animated video preview you get when you hover over a thumbnail so it melds a bunch of frames into one. I'm only kind of talking out of my ass

Also no you don't have to worry about spoilering, it's literally one person throwing a tantrum for no reason
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

I don't think it's particularly annoying, but it does seem like you're maybe a bit too focused on them at this point to me.

Not gonna ask you to spoiler it, though...
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

they do look neat, share them with impunity
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I also enjoy seeing the glitched-out thumbnails. Screw the haters.
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 3 years ago i'm not posting these as some weird criticism or anything, i just think they're neat and weird. i could spoiler them if they're bothering anyone though?
Oh okay, then. If that's your angle, that's fine. I was getting a different vibe from it, not the way you described it

Happens, sorry about that
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

Matter of fact, someone make every icon in this forum glitched up like that.
ImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

The Doctor wrote: 3 years ago I liked the idea of the first level, but going back to look at the pictures was so tedious. I ended up just brute forcing it when I played. That level would be better if you could see the pictures while reading the questions.
Second monitor + Print Screen button + three instances of your image editor of choice

Granted, this doesn't help the very very last question, but

(That being said, I think having the images readily available when answering questions defeats the point of the exercise)
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

Grounder wrote: 3 years ago I don't think it's particularly annoying, but it does seem like you're maybe a bit too focused on them at this point to me.
oh it's just because i'm not really keeping up with the sonics atm outside of seeing discord bots post video links, and i haven't felt like saying much in the lp threads lately anyway, so i end up only posting about these thumbnails since i want to and don't think anyone else is going to

it's really not like it consumes my entire raocow Experience™ or anything, i just find em funny
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I've definitely woken up to those glitched thumbnails on my phone, so it's definitely not a weird interpolation thing on Discord's part, it's pure Youtube silliness. :mgmnds:
Rockythetigre

Post by Rockythetigre »

i wish 1f8 would be played be by raocow someday
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: YUMP2 - 30 - Clocktowers Beneath the Sea

Post by Kilgamayan »

Sorry you have to miss out on those sweet sweet e-bucks duder :(
Image Please interact Image

Image Image