(shouting)

VIP6 - VIP

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: VIP6 - Saga

Post by raocow »

ahh, this is recorded on snes9x version 1.60 while vldcx is on 1.57, do you see a difference there? I personaly don't see a difference but I'm not great at noticing these things.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: VIP6 - Saga

Post by raocow »

unless you mean the occasional bouts of slowdown which is just a vip6 thing ?
Nast

Re: VIP6 - Nagasaki

Post by Nast »

Strangely, the first vldcx video doesn't have the issue, but the later ones do. I know you changed your emulator at some point in that playthrough so that might be why? Here's another comparison (focus on the moving bushes in the background).

Again it's a very small thing and I might just be overly sensitive, so if you still don't see it then no need to worry about it.
Implo

Post by Implo »

Wall running section was one of the funniest raocow moments in VIP 6. He tried using coin guides, but was jumping way too early. So he assumed that coin guides are wrong and he must ignore them. In order to do that he grabbed all the coins though. Which means he was jumping in the same way coins were indicating. So in the end coin guides are actually helpful, but raocow completely ignored this fact and kept repeating that these coin guides are wrong. What?
raocow

Post by raocow »

NastCF wrote: 3 years ago Strangely, the first vldcx video doesn't have the issue, but the later ones do. I know you changed your emulator at some point in that playthrough so that might be why? Here's another comparison (focus on the moving bushes in the background).

Again it's a very small thing and I might just be overly sensitive, so if you still don't see it then no need to worry about it.
okay so I see what you mean. the first vldcx video was filmed using snes9x 1.56, one version prior, I wonder if that's really the thing ?

unrelated
3 and a half hours, probably gonna split into two episodes
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Implo wrote: 3 years ago Wall running section was one of the funniest raocow moments in VIP 6. He tried using coin guides, but was jumping way too early. So he assumed that coin guides are wrong and he must ignore them. In order to do that he grabbed all the coins though. Which means he was jumping in the same way coins were indicating. So in the end coin guides are actually helpful, but raocow completely ignored this fact and kept repeating that these coin guides are wrong. What?
If you just barely touch all the coins, you collect them but aren't following the line most clearly indicated by them.
nathanisbored

Post by nathanisbored »

Ditocoaf wrote: 3 years ago
Implo wrote: 3 years ago Wall running section was one of the funniest raocow moments in VIP 6. He tried using coin guides, but was jumping way too early. So he assumed that coin guides are wrong and he must ignore them. In order to do that he grabbed all the coins though. Which means he was jumping in the same way coins were indicating. So in the end coin guides are actually helpful, but raocow completely ignored this fact and kept repeating that these coin guides are wrong. What?
If you just barely touch all the coins, you collect them but aren't following the line most clearly indicated by them.
I mean this is an inherent problem with using coin guides. They are fixed to a tile-grid, so they can't be very precise.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

raocow wrote: 3 years ago
NastCF wrote: 3 years ago Strangely, the first vldcx video doesn't have the issue, but the later ones do. I know you changed your emulator at some point in that playthrough so that might be why? Here's another comparison (focus on the moving bushes in the background).

okay so I see what you mean. the first vldcx video was filmed using snes9x 1.56, one version prior, I wonder if that's really the thing ?

unrelated
3 and a half hours, probably gonna split into two episodes
remember when smw's bowser's castle (minus bowser) could be beat in like 2 minutes?
Skye
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Skye »

Last edited by Skye 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Love is nothing in tennis and everything in life.

AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Re: VIP6 - Kumamoto

Post by AUS »

wow what an ending. i was expecting a savestate honestly
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

A silly thing made re the latest episode:

Edit: The youtube tags ([yt][/yt]) don't work?
Thank you grounder :catplanet2:
Last edited by Duker 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
fart.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Duker wrote: 3 years ago A silly thing made re the latest episode:

Edit: The youtube tags ([yt][/yt]) don't work?

You have to put in the video ID and nothing else.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I really enjoyed this way of doing the multiple room format. Having to learn things and strategize before you properly begin to attempt to beat it is unusual and ultimately, I thought, quite satisfying. I think I ruled out 1 (too unpredictable) and 5 (not playable for me at all) quite early on and concentrated on learning the other rooms (I believe I ended up doing 2,4 and 3,6, playing the less predictable rooms first).
Skye wrote: Also, has anyone else here experienced a glitch where you get sent to a room before the midpoint of Bowser's Castle 1 upon trying to re-enter Bowser's Castle 3? (And then getting the credits upon beating Bowser's Castle 1?) I literally cannot re-enter Bowser's Castle 3 now for some reason.
That happened to me but I'm not sure why or how to undo it (perhaps resetting).
dont wanna jihad no more
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

I really like the way this marathon level was structured. Rather than sets of rooms to choose from, you get to build your own set of 4 out of 6 choices. You can choose where to place your one midpoint, so that gives you a lot of control over the difficulty based on your own skillset. Maybe there's two rooms that are really hard for you, so you split them between the midpoint. It's great to give the player that type of control. It would have been a lot better though if there were 5 rooms and you had to make a difficult decision to split them 2/3. No one is going to do a 3/1 split on the midpoint as it is now.

As for the levels themselves, well, I don't like to comment if I haven't played them myself. I'll just say they had issues.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Suddenly, VIP6 turns into Super Mario RPG.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Skye

Post by Skye »

Last edited by Skye 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

nathanisbored wrote: 3 years ago I mean this is an inherent problem with using coin guides. They are fixed to a tile-grid, so they can't be very precise.
I think NaroGugul made graphics for 8x8 coins that can more accurately portray Mario's path. But if you're getting to the point where you have to spell out Mario's movements that precisely...
Mosts Awards:
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

ft029 wrote: 3 years ago
nathanisbored wrote: 3 years ago I mean this is an inherent problem with using coin guides. They are fixed to a tile-grid, so they can't be very precise.
I think NaroGugul made graphics for 8x8 coins that can more accurately portray Mario's path. But if you're getting to the point where you have to spell out Mario's movements that precisely...
I mean you're implying that's bad game design, but consider what's being attempted. Any interesting use of the triangular blocks at all.
It's sad that a vanilla block with a unique game mechanic is so sloppily implemented in SMW.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Skye

Post by Skye »

Kilgamayan wrote: 3 years ago Suddenly, VIP6 turns into Super Mario RPG.
This is closer to the truth than you may think.

Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Extreme Marching Milde's Fort energy
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Skye wrote: 3 years ago
Kilgamayan wrote: 3 years ago Suddenly, VIP6 turns into Super Mario RPG.
This is closer to the truth than you may think.
Hah! I genuinely didn't know that song was coming, but I can't say I'm at all surprised given the stage gimmick.

That boss fight looked fun as all get-out, aside from the one sequence that ends with the impossible-to-know-is-coming-the-first-time-around fireball attack from below. Including disco shells in the final sequence RNG projectile list was a deliciously evil decision.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AUS
Toni#4796

Re: VIP6 - Kumamoto (the Amakusa archipelago)

Post by AUS »

This is VIP Quality!!!
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

I have a friend in Kumamoto
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

My favorite part of the "VIP quality" image is the completely illegible link.
ImageImage
Jolpengammler
The Friendly Dog
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Jolpengammler »

I just gotta say, that is one cool boss yo! I wonder who coded it? Since carol doesn't do stuff anymore I think?
"Ban all the facial hair from life." ~ Horikawa Otane, 2014
"i always run up and down the stairs because i want to die" ~Isocitration, 2016