(shouting)

VIP6 - VIP

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: VIP6 - Ishikawa

Post by Leet »

Skye wrote: 3 years ago
Leet wrote: 3 years ago smwcp vibes from this level
It's a few p-switches and springboards short of that.

In all seriousness, though, I believe you were thinking of Amethyst Vein from ASMWCP.
Didn't consciously remember that, I was mostly just thinking of the pointless multiple paths and it being too long lol.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: VIP6 - Shiga

Post by Sugar »

Figured I would make a spoiler-free difficulty list for VIP6: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing basing on VIP Mario Wiki, translated.

The difficulty scale is from 1 to 5, just like in Hyper 6. This will be updated with future levels raocow plays.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

luv 2 be inspired by the worst fucking Wario Land 3 level
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Maybe you should set a rule that you don't go for VIP coins during your initial run. As like a halfway point between giving up on them entirely. Treat it like the dagadon run is a separate level.

The downside is having to replay a few levels in the rest of the game that you might've one-shot. The upside is that the initial run, where you're still learning what the level does, will be way less stressful. You'll get to feel good about the midpoint sometimes.

It's basically 'taking it slow and playing it safe' with your stress levels. Just a thought, since you mentioned dagadons might be ruining things for you.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Why would not trying to find the dragon coins on the initial run be less stressful? There's less to redo in the initial run, so you might as well use those runs to scout out into weird places and find them all instead of trying to figure out where they all are + how to get tricky ones for your first time while also marathoning the level
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I don't think it's a good idea to insist on getting the VIP coins. Taking them out of consideration, the game will become very gruelling very shortly (if it isn't already). Having said that, there are some levels where the coins add interesting content.
dont wanna jihad no more
Skye

Post by Skye »

Last edited by Skye 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Love is nothing in tennis and everything in life.

Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: VIP6 - Kyoto

Post by Ashan »

Did the game really want you to double-grab a shell? I know they've relied on double-grabs to solve things in the past but I feel like I've never seen it required with a shell since it's so much more difficult
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

That was one heck of a ghost house with some really fun puzzles to figure out. I was trying to work out the solutions at the same time raocow was.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

If you don't go for the VIP coins, I guess we have the zVIP6 replay with VIP coins to looks forward to in a few years.
ImageImage
freshtalk

Re: VIP6 - Wakayama

Post by freshtalk »

Really weird mood for an LP when you go into every level expecting to have a bad time... You sure you are fan of this game!?!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Who knew that a tundra of chilly sweets could be such a hot mess?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

VIP6 redo with all Dragon Coins when?

I may or may not be serious.
Piesonscreations

If i've learned something about raocow from watching him over the years, is that he is a bit of a masochist when in comes to SMW. So yes, i'm sure he's a fan.

That being said, i'm not feeling the same energy from this VIP like I did with the other games in the series for some reason.
ImageImage
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

I'm cool with you dropping the VIP coins from your runs. You've sounded so unenthusiastic about having to repeat levels to get them and I'm sure it ruins to play experience a little each time.
norwegianguy

Post by norwegianguy »

I wonder, can raocow fly?

Props if you get the reference.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Piesonscreations wrote: 3 years ago That being said, i'm not feeling the same energy from this VIP like I did with the other games in the series for some reason.
Probably because Western romhacking has at least caught up with, if not surpassed, VIPping. Watching VIP videos used to be "omgwtf that's so cool/hilarious how did they think to do that and then pull it off", whereas now it's like "...i kinda wanna go rewatch the LP of JUMP(integrate 1/sqrt(2pi)*e^(-1/2*x^2) dx from 0 to infinity) again instead of continuing to watch this".
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

nah this LP got me back into watching these LPs in general
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Skye

Re: VIP6 - Nara

Post by Skye »

Last edited by Skye 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Love is nothing in tennis and everything in life.

CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

oof, second worst? that's rough. i'm sure you'll make the top next time, Wheeeee!
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Piesonscreations

Kilgamayan wrote: 3 years ago Probably because Western romhacking has at least caught up with, if not surpassed, VIPping. Watching VIP videos used to be "omgwtf that's so cool/hilarious how did they think to do that and then pull it off", whereas now it's like "...i kinda wanna go rewatch the LP of JUMP(integrate 1/sqrt(2pi)*e^(-1/2*x^2) dx from 0 to infinity) again instead of continuing to watch this".
I guess I can get behind this sentiment. Jump Half was just that good to watch at least. And the title alone for the first Mice game was probably funnier than anything in the VIPs.
ImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

"vips were just not good" is such a bad take, and i would still agree that this vip is missing something
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Piesonscreations

Leet wrote: 3 years ago "vips were just not good" is such a bad take, and i would still agree that this vip is missing something
Who even said that? All that was talked about here is not being as impressed with this one as when the other ones were new, basically from changing design philosophies and technologies. Like, it's still obviously not a bad game. Just feel like the energy of the game is a bit off is all
ImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I don't think anyone is saying the VIPs were never good, unless raoguy says it in today's video (I haven't watched it yet).
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Icy Treats makes raocow stop the dragon hunt. Wheeeee! lobs like 3 beers directly at raocow's face and goes "oh shit you're supposed to HOLD them not get struck unconscious silly boy!"
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist