(shouting)

Vanilla Level Design Contest X - 1he First place entry...well d0ne to all.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Implo

Re: Vanilla Level Design Contest X - 1Fl0at

Post by Implo »

I remember playing this level. Top notch aesthetic and really good music. Also very creative. Level when watched from outside feels exciting. But there is major flaw for me - this level is long and too easy at the same time. Everything before 2nd midpoint was just too easy for me, there was too much leeway. Just move forward, occasionally wait and do easy jumps. You are basically guided through whole level. Even dragon coins are on the path, impossible to dodge. It felt really like this level doesn't require any effort from me. And this is the only level in the contest when I felt bored. I did 2 playthroughs of this level in different periods of time and somewhere at the middle of level I started yawning, because I was really bored.

And then there is part after 2nd midpoint. Moon challenge was fun and finally required some thinking from me and planning my jumps. I hoped it could be longer. Wall running with fishes was a bit automatic, but there was still some dodging stuff. So again it was much more interesting to play than earlier stuff. This part was also the most memorable for me in the whole level. I really wish this level would have only part after 2nd midpoint, because only this was fun for me to play.
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Vanilla Level Design Contest X - 1Fl0at

Post by 10204307 »

Those bubbled goomba sprites generally don't get used a whole lot in hacks, so it was really cool seeing them used here in such a clever way.
kitikami

Re: Vanilla Level Design Contest X - 1Fw0rldpeace

Post by kitikami »

At first i was confused about why raocow was confused by the hints because i didn't even process the signs as hints until raocow said something about it. I was just looking at the interactable elements and tuning out the signs as background objects. It's interesting how differently people can process the exact same visual information, which i guess is one of the challenges of designing observation puzzles.

In this case, i think the correct sequence was clear enough without the signs, so i'm not sure they were necessary, especially with the green coins indicating where to drop the galoombas as a hint already. Trying to be extra generous and give additional hints ended up being detrimental for raocow, which is surprising but also kind of makes sense in that more hints means more information to try to process and assign meaning to within a quick action sequence. Trying to process all the hints can be harder than just figuring out to do with the elements of the puzzle if their meaning doesn't gel with your first instinct.
Daizo

Re: Vanilla Level Design Contest X - 1Fgen0cide

Post by Daizo »

sonic what are you doing spreading harsh names in my mario game again

I prefer hell valley sky tree anyway

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

4th: Genocide City by Agent Q
Koopster
DESIGN: 43/50
CREATIVITY: 26/30
AESTHETICS: 18/20
TOTAL SCORE: 87/100

It's a little rompy but it's extremely solid. It introduces and uses gimmicks extremely well, though I missed the going behind the fence thing a bit in the end. I'd love to see the gimmicks blended together in more creative ways. The secret exit is really neat and I like how it focuses on a gimmick that's otherwise used very subtly. I dig the survival for the key!

lolyoshi
DESIGN: 45/50
CREATIVITY: 25/30
AESTHETICS: 19/20
TOTAL SCORE: 89/100

Very impressive aesthetics (that bg dude), combined with the fairly solid level design
makes for an enjoyable experience. I don't have many issues with it besides some really minor things.
It's not the best but it does well in all categories.

Noivern
TOTAL SCORE: 88/100

Nice use of Japanese text on the signs. The level looks amazing and plays well too. I like how you used the ghost house floor sprite, but unfortunately in the autoscroll section they didn't really do anything. The secret exit area was my favorite part, especially the last screen.

Sinc-X
DESIGN: 47/50
CREATIVITY: 30/30
AESTHETICS: 20/20
TOTAL SCORE: 97/100

Lots of unique and awesome elements here, and they all fit together really nicely. A level with an emphasis on net flipping is such a cool idea and you used it pretty well, but my favorite thing has gotta be those net holes, that is such a genius idea. The bowling ball sections are very thoughtfully crafted as well, and the overall atmosphere is phenomenal.

Rameau's Nephew
TOTAL SCORE: 93/100

Wow, this is some great (or should I say "grate", ha-ha-ha-ha-herm) stuff. Really superb use of elements here, from the grates to the saws to the bowling balls, and perhaps the best use of portable holes I've seen in a hack. Blowing up the stakes to reach the secret path was an extremely inspired touch, and the interaction between the statues and conveyors on the path itself, as well as the little survival room at the end, were all great fun. If I have one gripe, it's that the red X-blocks, despite being introduced as a central gimmick early on, could perhaps be put to better use; aside from its proper introduction near the end of the first section and another usage near the end of the second bowling ball section, its interaction with the grates seems to be used in a fairly perfunctory manner (and even its uses as a Mario-only block seems a bit redundant). Other than that, though, the level design is first-rate.

The visuals are pretty astounding as well. I love all the little details added to the environment, such as the railings and especially the drain pipes. The foreground frankly looks significantly better than many of the city tilesets found in the graphics section, and I would totally buy the background as something out of a real early SNES game. Really impressive job all around.

+ Tight, solid design and excellent interaction of both familiar and less common elements
+ Beautiful æsthetics and great atmosphere
- Could have perhaps pushed the X-blocks a little farther.

Other: Getting a game over on the original entry ROM produces a nightmarish rattling of bones.
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

3rd: Swiss Nazca by Lazy
Koopster
DESIGN: 46/50
TOTAL SCORE: 94/100

This level is technically and visually impressive and it presents new, very fun gameplay concepts. Gets away with being very varied by always focusing on the concepts of line guided sprites and fuzzies. The secret exit is kinda lame though, lots of it have absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the level. The way to reach it (the non-glitchy solution, which should've honestly been the only solution) and the concept of minigames from the Great Fuzzy itself is pretty great but I wish you had stayed in the theme. Otherwise I really have very little to complain about this one. Great job!

lolyoshi
TOTAL SCORE: 97/100

This level is the most impressive for what it's able to do with vanilla, as well as looking absolutely
beautiful. One section in the secret route has some obstacles which are a bit too demanding. Though I personally
love how the level is divided into two types (platforming and puzzle).

Noivern
DESIGN: 37/50
AESTHETICS: 17/20
TOTAL SCORE: 80/100

What a great level to end on. The variety of setups are fantastic and very creative. Loved the Fuzzy swarms. I have an issue with the lack of exploration. The timing to dodge the Fuzzy swarms in the autoscroll section are a little tight. The vertical blue block puzzles are frustrating because it's hard to see where the line guide sections are missing, and throwing a blue block on the wall triangle sometimes just doesn't work. None of these alone are big issues.

So, here's my big issue. The normal exit: fantastic. The secret exit: fantastic. Both in the same level: Not so much. Each exit path feels like a fundamentally different level. The Fuzzy connection is not enough. The secret exit isn't an extension of or twist on the themes used in the normal exit path. This is a problem I've had with many other levels in this contest and it's just so disappointing to see it happen with what is otherwise one of my favorite entries.

Sinc-X
DESIGN: 49/50
TOTAL SCORE: 99/100

Man, this one is really really great. The Fuzzies are used incredibly well in nearly every instance to create a really unique experience. Even with its difficulty, it manages to remain incredibly fun the whole way through. The æsthetic is completely nailed in every area. Design-wise, for the main path I have almost no complaints; the one point lost is for the secret exit, where some of the "trials" are just a bit too precise. Yet, even with that issue, it doesn't get too frustrating (especially thanks to the reset doors), and it's still a great experience overall.

Rameau's Nephew
DESIGN: 39/50
AESTHETICS: 16/20
TOTAL SCORE: 85/100

This is easily the most technically impressive level in the contest. All the little tricks and details, like the moving eyes on the Fuzzy god or the Yoshi trap add a ton of character to the level, and the obstacles themselves are brimming with creativity as well. The main path is quite masterfully constructed, and despite a few obstacles where the amount of let seems a little too small (springboard setup near the start, I'm looking at you), it's great fun to play. The Fuzzipedes are wonderfully grotesque creations, both in appearance and how they move/interact with Mario, and the way they're used in the level makes for some surprisingly unique and interesting obstacles. This path does feature something of a major oversight, though--collecting the dragon coin shortly after the midpoint and entering then exiting the temple reveals a door hidden behind the coin which allows the player to skip a significant portion of the level. Even with this oversight, though it's an impressive creation, and were the level just this path, I would not hesitate to call it one of the best in the contest.

Unfortunately, I feel as though the secret path drags the level down a bit. Getting Yoshi in to the temple is an unorthodox but acceptable challenge, and dramatic introduction to the "godly challenges" is impressive indeed. However, the challenges themselves feel significantly wonkier and ROM-hacky (in an unfortunate sense) than the more polished repurposings on the main path. The first obstacle, in particular (unless I'm missing something) appears to be a very finicky and not very entertaining race to get Yoshi hit by a falling statue in just the right way, followed by a series of readily breakable and inconsequential obstacles. This is following by a reasonably interesting if sort of janky series of switch-based Fuzzy guiding challenges, and an extremely weird sprite-spawning/shove the cloud out of the way challenge. Honestly, much of the time my solutions were strange enough I'm not even sure I was doing things the "intended" way, but if so, this would seem to suggest that the intended solutions were obscure enough that the player often resorts to madcap obstacle-breaking hijinks and capers. Whereas the main path feels like taking advantage of glitches and oddities in SMW in a creative and naturally flowing manner resembling an elegant waltz, the secret path feels more like a clattering, loosely nailed together jank-o-tronic sock hop which leaves a significantly less palatable taste in one's taste hole.

+ Astoundingly technically impressive
+ Fun and creative main path
- It seems to me the secret path lived its life like a candle in the wind
- Backstage entrance betrays the flimsiness of the façade we call reality

Other: I have to admit I laughed out loud at the overly literal interpretation of the familiar "musical staff" line guide formation.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Vanilla Level Design Contest X - 1Fuzzy0

Post by Kilgamayan »

@Lazy: Do the notes represented by the saws actually play a meaningful tune? By the time I realized that they were functioning as actual notes instead of simple "chord" spam I had already forgotten what the first handful of them were, so I didn't bother trying to puzzle it out in my head.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Classtoise »

Truthfully, a gold Bowser statue spitting fire at the right height would've worked way better.

No need for a reset, it does so continuously! It shows an immediate clue: this is the height you need. If gives a hint about Yoshi getting hurt (too high to jump off or an impassable ceiling).

The falling statue was way too precise and couldn't reset itself.
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
Implo

Post by Implo »

So that's where the secret exit is located. I tried completely different thing. I read 1st message and it mention word "pray", so I assumed that I need to duck. So I was ducking in the whole shrine and nothing. So I thought that maybe I need to duck outside, but then I remembered how big this level is and I decided to check Lunar Magic. But it didn't help. So, this whole time I just needed to bring Yoshi into shrine. Sigh... I thought 2nd message is for after I find secret exit path.

But boy, secret exit feels really demanding compared to normal exit.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

raocow, I think you might've had an easier time with the statue if you hadn't been slowing down to jump on the p-switch. That combined with jumping on it causing a very slight delay in your ability to jump again looks to have made it more difficult to reach the statue before it fell too low. It's probable that you were intended to just walk over the p-switch and then jump without slowing down which should have allowed you to touch the statue much higher on a more consistent basis.
Last edited by Alice 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Implo

Post by Implo »

It would be easier for raocow if statue would stop on 1F0 tile.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I could be misremembering but doesn't Yoshi automatically step on switches if you just walk over them?
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Kilgamayan wrote: 3 years ago @Lazy: Do the notes represented by the saws actually play a meaningful tune? By the time I realized that they were functioning as actual notes instead of simple "chord" spam I had already forgotten what the first handful of them were, so I didn't bother trying to puzzle it out in my head.
I tried to put it onto an online Mario Paint composer and this is what it sounds like. I once again had to kinda eyeball the timing for things, so it may not be accurate.
https://danielx.net/composer/#api-kA925 ... VT44xMaTDQ
Alternate Vocaroo link
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol
Pronouns: she/her

Post by idol »

it's the vaporware funny song
nathanisbored

Post by nathanisbored »

I was curious about the statue thing, because I noticed that raocow seemed to jump onto the P-switch instead of just stepping onto it. Since jumping scrolls the camera, I thought that might be causing the statue to spawn earlier, giving you less time to jump. Turns out, that's not true! Here are my findings:
INTENDED METHOD (probably): Just hold forward and do a full jump at the edge
This is the most straightforward thing. You don't hesitate after hitting the switch, and you just do a full jump into the statue. Seems to work every time and the inputs are very straightforward, and you don't even have to aim for the statue or anything.

METHOD 2: Jump onto the switch (wiggle while airborne)
This more closely mimics what raocow was doing, but still seems to work fine without aiming. All the inputs after hitting the switch are the same, and the statue falls at the same time!

So if it wasn't the jump onto the switch causing the problem, then what was it? As it turns out, raocow was doing the extra wiggle after hitting the switch, I guess to try and time the statue better (which ironically wasn't intended to be a factor).

Here's what it looks like if you hesitate after hitting the switch...
WITHOUT JUMP:

and for completion...
WITH JUMP (raocow's method):

In conclusion, it doesn't seem to be finicky at all if you don't try to time anything with the statue, or aim for the statue at all! It's likely intended to be a mostly automatic thing, that would catch you off-guard the first time, but after you reset once you'd get it right away. It's unfortunate that it didn't happen that way...
:catplanet:
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

bless you nathan

also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wcURnFRp9A for vaporwave
Mosts Awards:
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

nathanisbored wrote: 3 years ago I was curious about the statue thing, because I noticed that raocow seemed to jump onto the P-switch instead of just stepping onto it. Since jumping scrolls the camera, I thought that might be causing the statue to spawn earlier, giving you less time to jump. Turns out, that's not true! Here are my findings:
INTENDED METHOD (probably): Just hold forward and do a full jump at the edge
This is the most straightforward thing. You don't hesitate after hitting the switch, and you just do a full jump into the statue. Seems to work every time and the inputs are very straightforward, and you don't even have to aim for the statue or anything.

METHOD 2: Jump onto the switch (wiggle while airborne)
This more closely mimics what raocow was doing, but still seems to work fine without aiming. All the inputs after hitting the switch are the same, and the statue falls at the same time!

So if it wasn't the jump onto the switch causing the problem, then what was it? As it turns out, raocow was doing the extra wiggle after hitting the switch, I guess to try and time the statue better (which ironically wasn't intended to be a factor).

Here's what it looks like if you hesitate after hitting the switch...
WITHOUT JUMP:

and for completion...
WITH JUMP (raocow's method):

In conclusion, it doesn't seem to be finicky at all if you don't try to time anything with the statue, or aim for the statue at all! It's likely intended to be a mostly automatic thing, that would catch you off-guard the first time, but after you reset once you'd get it right away. It's unfortunate that it didn't happen that way...
:catplanet:
man. well then!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Ashan wrote: 3 years ago
Kilgamayan wrote: 3 years ago @Lazy: Do the notes represented by the saws actually play a meaningful tune? By the time I realized that they were functioning as actual notes instead of simple "chord" spam I had already forgotten what the first handful of them were, so I didn't bother trying to puzzle it out in my head.
I tried to put it onto an online Mario Paint composer and this is what it sounds like. I once again had to kinda eyeball the timing for things, so it may not be accurate.
https://danielx.net/composer/#api-kA925 ... VT44xMaTDQ
Alternate Vocaroo link
idol wrote: 3 years ago it's the vaporware funny song
ft029 wrote: 3 years ago bless you nathan

also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wcURnFRp9A for vaporwave
That is incredible

Lazy deserved to win for this alone
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

2nd: Shroom Starship by GbreezeSunset + Eminus
Koopster
DESIGN: 46/50
TOTAL SCORE: 94/100

God, this wasn't a level, this was an event. The first half was just excellent in almost every way, amazing usage of the underwater enemies glitch! The second half slowly gets a little less interesting in design and quite unfocused compared to the first, dropping the rad gimmicks, but I appreciate it for telling a story and looking so neat. Would be rad if it did both things though. The final space swim in special is pretty boring compared to everything else. Other issues I have are with some of the dragon coin puzzles, in special the multi-coin block one which is a bit too weird to figure out (bop it twice quickly before the shell is thrown seems to work). I'd swap it with the moon puzzle, which is also a bit awkward cause the mole can kill you when going over the tiny gap, which doesn't seem intended. For the second dragon I also got the bomb to despawn somehow before being able to figure it out. But compared to the greatness of the level, those aren't very big nitpicks.

lolyoshi
DESIGN: 44/50
CREATIVITY: 29/30
TOTAL SCORE: 91/100

First half is rather uncompelling and slow due to the nature of the obstacles, but
the second half is more fun and imaginative, even if it has less chance of seeming that amusing
after another playthrough.

Noivern
CREATIVITY: 29/30
TOTAL SCORE: 91/100

You guys clearly had fun making this. Loved the weird sprite combinations, loved the "anti-gravity", loved the shooting segment. Not a fan of the first section though. Its use of reset doors for trivial things like a single platform are weird in comparison to later small "puzzles" with throw blocks that are arguably harder but require backtracking to restart and with the Yoshi puzzle, which is easily failed and can't be reset. The reset doors in general here break the flow of the level, and also the aesthetic with the reset signs. The first section with a reset pipe can be skipped entirely with good timing. In the shaking section, you can see the Thwomps during the level transition animation.

Sinc-X
DESIGN: 50/50
TOTAL SCORE: 100/100

I have no words. This is phenomenal in every way, and I'm struggling to find faults; the way everything comes together and progresses is brilliant, and it looks beautiful to boot. The amount of work that went into this must be insane, but it completely shines. The transition from low gravity to no gravity is crazy clever, and I don't think anything even needs to be said about the last part. Easily one of the most enjoyable experiences I've ever had in a SMW level.

Rameau's Nephew
DESIGN: 36/50
TOTAL SCORE: 86/100

-Holy crap- the presentation on this. I had never seen a VLDC level that looked this good. There's too many points where the visuals on this level just completely shine, but I really have to point out the palette animations in particular. They're just so smooth and full of life and add so much character and immersion to the level. Seriously--super-good job on this; it's obvious this was a labor of love.

As for the design...I have to admit, up to the midpoint, I really wasn't feeling this level. The first half has some original puzzles and challenges with the water physics on the sprites but not Mario, but in practice they mostly kind of feel awkward and janky and not very fun to complete. The Lakitus hiding in the window things and throwing Spinies upwards with you have to spinbounce off of is a prime example--original idea, but not much fun in practice. It's a bit more awkward to land on top of the Spinies when they're moving upwards than it looks like it ought to be, and this is not aided by the fact that they're partially obscured by the floor immediately after being thrown. What's more, even when you successfully land on them, the disembarking point tends to be in corridors with low ceilings, so if you're by chance badly positioned, you can end up conking your head and taking a hit with little opportunity to avoid such. What's more, you have to do this sort of thing over and over again in the level. The bits with killing Wigglers and the like through one-way walls are not much better; maybe a bit easier to consistently master once you figure out the timing and the like, but it still feels awkward even when it works.

What's more, the structure of the first half of the level just doesn't feel all that great; it's basically just a series of isolated, disconnected challenges that don't really feel as though they fit together very well, and it seems to go on for rather a bit too long. The fact that it's easy to screw up in several parts and die shamefully and stupidly while trying to figure out the physics and have to repeat a whole slew of these awkward isolated challenges does not improve matters. So basically, after the first half, I was ready to right this level off as another pretty and clever but sort of janky and awkward effort that unfortunately isn't all that enjoyable to play through in practice. Then the second half happened, and everything went completely nuts. And it was -glorious-.

Suddenly, all the awkward puzzles gave way, and we were flooded with a strange and bizarre cavalcade of mutants from my dreams. Columns of winged, heroin-addict Yoshi-head/parrot hybrids march across the screen. Flowers merge with their pots, strange dolphins like serrated potato sacks phase in and out of existence. Two Digdoggers casually float by, but no one is questioning things by this point. It's chaotic, it's madness, and it is wonderful. And yet...despite the chaos, it actually has a form and structure which the first part lacks. Despite all the wackiness and glitches, we have solid, well-constructed platforming challenges. There is a nice flow and progression to the level. With the introduction of chaos and these bizarre alien mutants, the level has actually been given a sort of naturalness and flow which the previous, well-groomed section was lacking.

But it doesn't end there; no, we are going to go out with a bang. Several bangs, in fact, as a space battle approaches. It's not perhaps the greatest shoot-'em-up challenge ever devised, but better than most I've seen in Mario, and a fun and climactic way to conclude out story. I only sort of wish it had culminated with Mario taking down some sort of alien mothership, or otherwise finishing the battle in a more decisive way than simple entering a pipe. At least his return trip was pretty groovy to watch.

I only wish that the first half of the level had been more like the second. Sure, the contrast is sort of essential to the central concept, but in that case I probably would have help back more, and gone with more traditional challenges rather than the wonktastic physics that don't entirely work. And perhaps reduced its length vis-à-vis the second part a bit; some lulling in to a false sense of security is important, but perhaps not enough to so thoroughly distract from the main event. But oh--what an event it was in the end.

+ Gorgeous and amazing presentation
+ Insane and beautiful second half
- Kind of awkward and boring first half

Other: Mercifully, this Starship did not build this city on Rock-and-Roll.
Draexzhan
Flair text
First name: Nathan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Vanilla Level Design Contest X - grav1tyF0

Post by Draexzhan »

Was there something raocow was overlooking in that first section? It seems like a pretty freaking big oversight for a level of this quality to be missing reset pipes in multiple locations.
Signature text.
gbreeze

Post by gbreeze »

He didn't do anything wrong, the first half is quite poorly designed, especially by my standards today. There's a lot of stuff in this level that I would have done differently now, looking back on this 3 year old level I feel somewhat embarrassed about some things. I would probably have redone the entire first section if I was making this today, and at least put see-through glass blocks above the lakitus if I was gonna reuse that gimmick. Also, the sections with wiggler throw block kills and the wiggler bomb kill should be entirely redesigned and put into single room puzzles with reset, to completely avoid spawning issues and give instant retry for failure. The dc's are also pretty obtuse and seemingly unrelated to the gimmick, I probably would have removed the dc rooms. I think the 2nd half lent itself better to the premise (in which vanilla enemies could be both reskinned and have their behavior "altered" via the underwater glitch to feel like alien enemies). I think there was probably a way to reconcile the rompy nature of the 2nd half with the wiggler puzzles in the 1st without making it so awkward, but oh well. The sideways space platforms in particular are not very clear that they are intended to be sprite-only blocks, red ? blocks would have worked a lot better I think. I should make it clear that the design portion of the 1st half was done by me, so it's purely my fault there

All negativity aside, looking back, I still had so much fun making this with Eminus, coming up with all the fun little details was such a blast. Eminus is responsible for the fabulous graphics and alien enemies in the level. I'm afraid that even I don't know what they are all made of lol, so I can't be much help there
nathanisbored

Post by nathanisbored »

Draexzhan wrote: 3 years ago Was there something raocow was overlooking in that first section? It seems like a pretty freaking big oversight for a level of this quality to be missing reset pipes in multiple locations.

P.S. oops, author beat me to it
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

I thought the puzzles in the first half were fine, although I relate to having lots of trouble spinjumping on the lakitu eggs.

The graphics and design in the second half are top notch; just completely astounding.
Mosts Awards:
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

A bit late with this because life, but might I just say that some people — who happen to be both in the youtube comments and here on the forums — took things too far by invoking a certain other level yesterday?

Said level already got substantial flack back when raocow first played it. Continuing to hold it against lazy to this day isn’t being productive or constructive in any way, you’re just clinging to a grudge.

There’s plenty of things in the world far more deserving of that kind of sustained hostility than mario romhack levels, especially this year.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Rixithechao wrote: 3 years agoSaid level already got substantial flack back when raocow first played it. Continuing to hold it against lazy to this day isn’t being productive or constructive in any way, you’re just clinging to a grudge.
I looked into the comments of both videos that could be considered "yesterday" and all I saw was calling the secret exit of the Fuzzy level bad.

Not a single person held it against the author, either.

I think you're reading way too much into things, here...
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage