(shouting)

2 MICE - FINAL - 8 - super miceio bros

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

2 MICE - FINAL - 8 - super miceio bros

Post by KobaBeach »

let's stick those mice in our head again,,,,,

🐭 So 2 Mice Walk Into a Bar 🐭 is a two people hack by S.N.N. and idol. Starting out as a small hack exclusively by S.N.N., it later matured into a sort of spiritual successor to the smash hit video game romhack of 2018, stick mice in my head then beat my head in with a hammer and let them back out, with the assistance of multiple time contest winner and notorious sjw overlord, charlotte "idol" de sicäa.

Unlike stick mice in my head then beat my head in with a hammer and let them back out, however, it is not limited to C3 assets, instead using just about any assets from Super Mario World Central dot Internet slash watch ?v=UGKzLVioFhQ. Like stick mice in my head then beat my head in with a hammer and let them back out, though, it follows the gimmick-/theme-focused school of level design, mixed with rapidly designed levels.

it’s time to le

Episodes!
1 - that's I got
  • useful strategy guide for this hack (play me first)
  • Floravale
  • Janctze River
  • Chiasm and Undoing.
2 - in case if I miss this one up
  • Thomas Harris Presents The Silence of the Slams
  • i heard this song in a siivagunner video
3 - chill-out cosmic
  • a clint eastwood movie
  • Oedipus at Gondwana
4 - here we go all again
  • North Aerolina
5 - what a thought
  • swallowing an entire ghost pepper ON CAMERA
  • my cold dead heart
6 - @
  • nitro discord (tm)
  • a tale of a lesbian who was scared of elevators
7 - misunderstand there
  • quantum creep
Last edited by KobaBeach 4 years ago, edited 8 times in total.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: 2 MICE - 1 - the micetrix reloaded

Post by Awoo »

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ometeotl

Re: 2 MICE - 1 - the miceix reloaded

Post by Ometeotl »

Very not a fan of that shitty text box, the lack of HUD and how fast these levels have devolved into just a bunch of challenge rooms connected by pipes
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

I helped playtest this hack, back when the overworld wasn't finished and i had to hit random directions on a featureless map to find the rest of the levels. It turned out pretty good in my opinion, and the later levels have some really cool stuff to look forward to.
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol
Pronouns: she/her

Post by idol »

huds are for full on losers. all the info you could ever need is in your heart.
gbreeze

Post by gbreeze »

I quite liked this hack. It has a lot of creativity

Edit: there has also been a bit of talk about the description on smwc saying "we hate jump team now". This is just classic idol humor and should not be taken seriously, as both idol and SNN are in the jump chat and talk to everyone there regularly, and are involved in the jump hacks (with idol being quite heavily involved in jump 1/2 production). It was most certainly a joke, and rest assured there is no rift or anything in the group lol.
Last edited by gbreeze 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

The first "level" followed immediately by the second """level""" made me chuckle a true chuckle.
idol wrote: 4 years ago huds are for full on losers. all the info you could ever need is in your heart.
Since the lack of HUD has resulted in the lack of a backup powerup, would it be possible to keep that backup powerup in your heart and have it automatically activate if you get hit? :v
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

I was pretty neutral on removing the HUD (the original version of this hack had a small one at the bottom), but as idol said elsewhere, having one sort of messes up layer 3/some other gimmicks later on.

Also, because it was already mentioned in the YT comments: the Yoshi coins are just for fun and don’t unlock anything, so don’t stress about them too much. We were on a time crunch to get this out for SMWC’s C3 in January, so we didn’t get the chance to do anything with them, sadly.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

S.N.N. wrote: 4 years agoAlso, because it was already mentioned in the YT comments: the Yoshi coins are just for fun and don’t unlock anything, so don’t stress about them too much.
This is raocow we're talking about, actual functionality is a distant 232nd in relevance
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Mata Hari wrote: 4 years ago
S.N.N. wrote: 4 years agoAlso, because it was already mentioned in the YT comments: the Yoshi coins are just for fun and don’t unlock anything, so don’t stress about them too much.
This is raocow we're talking about, actual functionality is a distant 232nd in relevance
To be frank, I don't blame caorow- I see the game track them, I feel COMPELLED to get them all! Even if there's no reward, it doesn't feel like 100% to me otherwise.

so I'm liking where this hack is going! i love how the intro tells you "yeah here's everything, go on and break any difficulty the hack has lol". i thought to myself "bet powerup clears after each level!" next level said oh yes it does. hahahaha :D
Isrieri
Creatively Bankrupt
Pronouns: Male

Post by Isrieri »

I really loved the first MICE. The backgrounds & music are shaping up to be even more lovely in the second installment spiritual successor.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Do the thwimp cascades actually act like boo rings in that you can only jump on the head, or was raocow just hitting one of the neighboring thwimps on the side every time he tried to bounce on another one? Cause that's what it looked like to me.

I mean, either way, going for the head is probably the best bet but I want to know
idol

Post by idol »

they were just regular old all american thwimps. in fact, chiasm didn't have any custom hitboxes or anything for any of the sprites. he just kept miffing the jumps.

he could've used the growing pipe to get up in that special area rather than a thwimp jump, though.

edit; it is also worth noting that raocow did look like he was playing balls to the walls crazy. you can be a bit more patient in this hack than he seems to be making it feel like, i'm guessing the stress of nachos has fucked him up a bit lol.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

that's... 2 many mice
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: 2 MICE - 1 - the miceix 2

Post by Awoo »

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 4 years ago that's... 2 many mice
2mice2furious
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Wow happy to see the long-awaited return of HHR
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

we have elected to eliminate the gui in 2 mice for the sake of immersion. when mario is damaged, you will know by the screen slowly turning grayscale, and then red framing the sides of the screen.

this looks pretty dang good, i do enjoy looking at chocolate in the display case
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

If it's so immersive then why doesn't Mario have to frequently stop and piss?
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Ashan wrote: 4 years ago If it's so immersive then why doesn't Mario have to frequently stop and piss?
Are you out of your fucking mind?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
idol

Post by idol »

people wonder why marios bottom is so rotund - most assume fat, none assume diaper
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago 2mice2furious
The Fate of the Mice

How I feel about depends solely on the whole story behind the title. 2 Mice walk into a bar and then what?
ImageImage
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

Piesonscreations wrote: 4 years ago
Awoo wrote: 4 years ago 2mice2furious
The Fate of the Mice

How I feel about depends solely on the whole story behind the title. 2 Mice walk into a bar and then what?
They order a couple drinks, have a nice time, play some darts, then head home for the evening.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

idol wrote: 4 years ago people wonder why marios bottom is so rotund - most assume fat, none assume diaper
ive assumed diaper ever since sm64
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

So, as one of the folks put off by the hack description, glad to hear it was just a joke (Poe's law is a hell of a thing), though uh, does that also mean that first text box in the first powerup level is also a joke? Because it's a pretty shitty one if so, especially since there are people who actually are really spiteful about accessibility features in games. That's all I wanted to say, it's made wanting to watch the LP kinda uncomfortable.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Validon98 wrote: 4 years ago So, as one of the folks put off by the hack description, glad to hear it was just a joke (Poe's law is a hell of a thing), though uh, does that also mean that first text box in the first powerup level is also a joke? Because it's a pretty shitty one if so, especially since there are people who actually are really spiteful about accessibility features in games. That's all I wanted to say, it's made wanting to watch the LP kinda uncomfortable.
Yeah, it was absolutely not meant to be a jab at accessibility. idol and I briefly talked about it after initial concerns, and while we can see how it might rub some people the wrong way, it was something we put in more for the sake of using the “counter break” joke right after that (i.e. the power up wipeout patch between levels).