(shouting)

2 MICE - FINAL - 8 - super miceio bros

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Re: 2 MICE - 5 - the miceorcist

Post by FPzero »

I think the snow level was probably my least favorite level in the hack when testing but that was mostly due to difficulty of dealing with the piranha plants and how fast they like to leap out of their pipes. Because I felt like they weren't the level's design was generally fine and it was just an annoyance with the sprite itself, I didn't really suggest any design changes. I think there was some talk about maybe making the snow melted in places where the fireballs land, much like how the thwimps in that stacked enemies level all land in places that have no grass, but it appears that didn't make it into the final game.
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol
Pronouns: she/her

Post by idol »

snn and i tossed around the idea of expanding this hack with more levels and more features and whatnot in the future, since this hack does have some flaws by virtue of being rushed in the span of two weeks for a c3 release.

if we do end up doing that, i'll probably implement that in the snow level. i'll also probably try to have more than just 3 levels in the entire hack lol
Cyphermur9t

Post by Cyphermur9t »

Do the regular coins have any value, or are they mostly aesthetic? With no HUD or tracker I assume there's infinite lives.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I assume the levels were designed before the no HUD/infinite lives thing was in place because there's also the end of "ghost pepper ON CAMERA" where you can go out of your way to get the top of the goal tape even though bonus stars are useless too
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Cyphermur9t wrote: 4 years ago Do the regular coins have any value, or are they mostly aesthetic? With no HUD or tracker I assume there's infinite lives.
We were going to do something with the coins/Yoshi coins, but a lack of time to get this out for C3 resulted in not getting around to it. They're mostly just there for aesthetics/guides now. As idol said above, if we were to expand on this at some point, we'd definitely do something with them.
J. J. W. Mezun

Post by J. J. W. Mezun »

I think “my cold dead heart” looked very cleverly constructed, just a bit too early in the game.

If anything, I have bigger problems with “swallowing an entire ghost pepper ON CAMERA” being 2 unrelated levels sewed into 1.
Wenn alle stehen bleiben und anstarren
und sagen, <¿Warum musst du so sein?>,
schaue ich ihnen einfach in die Augen
und sage ihnen, dass ich von Fledermäusen aufgezogen wurde.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

J. J. W. Mezun wrote: 4 years ago I think “my cold dead heart” looked very cleverly constructed, just a bit too early in the game.
I think we're almost done actually
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: 2 MICE - 6 - adolescence of mice

Post by KobaBeach »

idol wrote:
is it sad that i tried to come up with a movie with decent lesbian representation to put as the title of the thread for today and i couldn't come up with anything other than utena

im sad i didnt get to use love, simon for anything but shou ga nai
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

You would think a detonator plunger would make an explosion anywhere other than directly underneath said detonator.

I really like the elevator level, and it's elevator music. Something cute about the main feature just being these unassuming boxes that go up and down.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

freshtalk wrote: 4 years ago You would think a detonator plunger would make an explosion anywhere other than directly underneath said detonator.
You have clearly never used Discord
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

idol really hates elevators.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Utena's really fitting though, since there are like, at least three scary elevators in there
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

The detonator is probably based on the key. Everyone knows that you cannot jump while standing on two keys, although you can jump while standing on one key, or three keys, or, indeed, any number of keys other than two. This is because the key, instead of setting the value of the RAM Address which holds what type of platform the player is standing on to the appropriate value, adds one to it; two keys only means that the value will be 2 and the game will think you are standing on a springboard or the like, i.e. not something you can jump from in the normal way.
dont wanna jihad no more
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

well that's just magical
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

maria...

Nimono

Post by Nimono »

glorious, Chirei

Today's level was interesting! I do feel like the teleporting should've been done with that being a solid wall instead of munchers, though- my first thought on seeing that setup was "Oh, the purple ones let you turn munchers into coins!" ...and then raocow tried to shoot a Muncher and died from being crushed by it due to teleporting into it. Oops! I get that you wanted to make a thing of the level teaching you the mechanic without a text box, but when the green boxes were "shoot things", even the arrow may not tell people they're not supposed to target the munchers. A wall would've sufficed there. Shows players "You need to use this purple box to get across", and with no other obstacles around, they can't assume it's to shoot anything. They may think "Ugh, I have to find a hidden block" and shoot randomly at the sky...and teleport. Safe learning environment, no chance for death due to misunderstanding.

But that's my ONLY gripe with the level. Otherwise, I loved the gimmick!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: 2 MICE - 6 - a fish named mice

Post by Ashan »

I was confused what the point of the flying koopas was in the purple block blackout section near the end because they only went up and down, but then the second time through on the dragon coin run a bunch of horizontal flying ones were there that didn't spawn the first time which made much more sense
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

This, and the level coming up tomorrow that we got a name preview of (Spectral Metropolis), were my two favorite levels to design for this hack. The cursor sprite is so versatile and I had about a million other ideas I wanted to throw in, but alas.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

This level might be my favorite in the hack because I don't think I've seen anything quite like it before. The gimmick is explained pretty well and explores a wide variety of uses for the cursor gun and its gravity defying properties. In fact it's very cool how sometimes you use it to shoot, and sometimes you use it to hold your vertical position until something moves below you. Not to mention the warp ability that builds on the basic concept of the first half. It's just a really cool idea and I think it was done pretty well. As for the warp into the munchers after the midpoint, unfortunately I can't say it was anything I warned against in testing because I think I saw the arrow and immediately put the cursor under it, skipping any chance to "learn" that it warps you into a wall if you try to target the munchers.

fake edit: oh yeah, that other level SNN mentions makes for a really hard decision on which level is my actual favorite. Looking forward to tomorrow.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

S.N.N. wrote: 4 years ago The cursor sprite is so versatile and I had about a million other ideas I wanted to throw in, but alas.
I look forward to seeing some extremely cursed cursors in future!
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

i understand; mice historically love their cursors, they have an unbreakable bond.
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol

Post by idol »

it is my birthday and my hack is being played. i will consider this raocows birthday present to me. i also expect 100$ via e-transfer over discord as well raocow.

this hack was predominantly designed by snn. i designed only 3 levels - chiasm, oedipus, and elevator. snn made the rest of the levels. however, i aestheticized every single level except for north aerolina and the shit house, which included remaking all of snns levels to use new tilesets. i am glad to see people say this hack is pretty, since that was the main thing i pumped into this hack.

i do hope if we ever add more content to this hack i have time to add more levels. i had a few more ideas, but i spent so much time making the hack look pretty that i didn't give myself enough time to actually, well, design shit for it.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

idol wrote: 4 years ago it is my birthday [...]
Happy birthday! :partygator:
ImageImage
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

IM IMPORTANT PAY ATTENTION TO ME

Post by AUS »

hi i still exist on this website and i havent read the discussion but i just wanna say i love how 2 MICE seems to borrow new nintendo inventions from mario maker. when mm first cameout i thought it was just lame romhacking, and it was, but it got so many patches and mm2 and mm2 has gotten so many patches that it's really its own canon mario fanlevel software like smbx and anyway it's nice to see ideas borrowed and expanded upon what what heck yeah bye
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Fapnoob

Post by Fapnoob »

Great little hack, just small enough so i dont lose interest in the middle like has happened on most other ones.