(shouting)

A Hat in Time Death Wish - Wishing for Peace and Tranquility

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

A Hat in Time Death Wish - Wishing for Peace and Tranquility

Post by HatKid »

A Hat in Time is a game developed by Gears for Breakfast and it's also a game I have some history with. I first found out about it thanks to Beta 64, and I immediately went out and pre-ordered the game and played a lot of the Alpha Build. I followed the development of the game somewhat closely, and all the drastic changes that occurred between the Alpha Build and the Beta Build, and between the Beta Build and the final release as it took the form of the final game.

Here are the episodes for the main game. In other words, for Mafia Town, Subcon Forest, Battle of the Birds, Alpine Skyline, and the Finale; Arctic Cruise (DLC 1) and Nyakuza Metro (DLC 2). Death Wish is a challenge mode that got majorly nerfed shortly after its original release alongside DLC 1. For the better, I'd say, though it still has its moments.
Last edited by HatKid 1 year ago, edited 45 times in total.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: A Hat in Time

Post by ano0maly »

HatKid wrote: A Hat in Time
HatKid
How appropriate
jasper_

Post by jasper_ »

one of the devs here!, and long-time lurker. hi, we all worked hard on this fun game, i hope it is a fun game
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

this is another one of those "fits nicely into the raocow niche" games, i think
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
rena
type 2 invested entity
First name: cat
Pronouns: spider
https://rena.talkhaus.com/

Post by rena »

jasper_ wrote: 4 years ago one of the devs here!, and long-time lurker. hi, we all worked hard on this fun game, i hope it is a fun game
oh sick. i've been playing this through with a friend recently too and we're having a great time. it's a really fun game!
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

raocow, that mafia guy stuck out his foot and tripped you as you tried to run past. That's what happened when you said you didn't know what happened.

I've been waiting for you to play this. I wanted your LP to be the first LP of this game I watched.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

I've watched PinkKittyRose stream this game a ton of time over the past couple of years.

Can't wait to see this.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
rena
type 2 invested entity
First name: cat
Pronouns: spider
https://rena.talkhaus.com/

Post by rena »

i tried lol

edit: i put it back to the default hat so it isn't spoilers lol
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

this professor layton au sure is out there
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

oh geez now there's authorial pressure :oops:
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
nathanisbored

Post by nathanisbored »

This game has a Wii-era kids movie-based game feel to it. Dunno if that makes sense. It's cute for what it is. Fluid and responsive but somehow kinda unimpressive at the same time? I dunno, as long as it's fluid and responsive, that's all that really matters from a gameplay perspective.
General_Urist

Post by General_Urist »

I know it's fitting since it's essentially a modern take on Mario 64-style collectathons, but it still feels weird seeing raocow play a game this new. Especially a 3d one, somehow I kept imagining raocow having a 10-year-old veteran PC that is good for playing on SNES and N64 era emulators and little else.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

That's how mafia works.

Looking forward to seeing this LP! I've always been interested in Hat in Time, but have never given it a try. Hat kid is cute.
ImageImage
warpio

Post by warpio »

Oh man... So this is actually one of my favorite 3D platformers of all time. I'm hella excited for this!

Funny story, this game actually came out at almost the exact same time as Mario Odyssey, another hat-themed 3D platformer. I ended up playing both games within the same month, and even though Odyssey is a far more polished and awe-inspiring modern game experience, AHIT just has such an insane amount of charm to it in so many ways that it hit me harder overall. And the DLC for this game definitely boosted my opinion of it a lot too for reasons I won't get into yet. Fun times ahead!
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

a wild thing about this is that i "knew" ( though mostly as just kinda adjacent to ) one of the devs back when he hung ( or maybe he still does? idk ) out at mfgg, and i even loved playing around with the experimental stuff he whipped up occasionally like this highly customizable paper doll shooter game thing that i can't remember the name of

then i drifted away from mfgg, eventually dropped my identity i had back then after some self-discovery, and then i found out that he was involved in a lot of the cooler tf2 mods

and then that he was involved with this

godspeed ya slag
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

aww this looks so quaint and adorable♡🎔 ive heard this games name a tons just on the internet but havent watched anything〜looks like a treat to look forward (^▽^)
ImageImage
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

it doesn't matter that i am not talkhaus user HatKid, for we are all hat kid today, and we can all do that dance that you see in the gifs
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: A Hat in Time!

Post by Awoo »

Reecer7 wrote: 4 years ago it doesn't matter that i am not talkhaus user HatKid, for we are all hat kid today, and we can all do that dance that you see in the gifs
This dance?
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

man the avatar hat fits some of you really well
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

What's this controversy with the developer you speak of? Steam reviews are overwhelmingly positive (98%), and they're working on more DLC. I wasn't able to google anything controversial about them. Were you thinking of Yooka-Laylee or some other game?

Also, hat planet hat planet.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
raocow

Post by raocow »

It kinda died down very soon after the game was released, but there was some stories about how some art assets where acquired.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

best game that came out in 2017, at least top 5 for the decade too imo

im sure you'll enjoy this game aloooot.
Image Image
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago It kinda died down very soon after the game was released, but there was some stories about how some art assets where acquired.
There's also that one of the characters is voiced by Jon Tron, and afaik was never replaced after his outburst back in 2016.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

I still haven't found anything about stolen art assets? The closest thing I could find is an article about how Fur Fun stole assets from Yooka-Laylee, and how the maker of that claimed Yooka stole from Banjo-Kazooie.
Last edited by Truhan 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Any media with audio with spoken word that is observed with a device that has video or text display that doesn't have subtitles can go die in a fire.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.