(shouting)

A Hat in Time Death Wish - Wishing for Peace and Tranquility

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Re: A Hat in Time Death Wish - Wishing for Peace and Tranquility

Post by pholtos »

pholtos wrote: 1 year ago I'm mentioning this now, as it may be one you end up using P&T on, and I have no idea when you might try to tackle it.

So there's a certain death wish mission in this game that is iffy with its peace and tranquility showing up. You may die countless times, but it still won't pop up. It has caused countless questions online about whether it exists, how to activate it, it mysteriously activates for some after quitting and coming back, but sometimes for others it does not...

Anyways if you happen to wish to use peace and tranquility, and it matches this spoiler Seal the Deal then go ahead and read the following:
Deaths apparently only count if you die during the birds part. Though that's not the weird part about this death wish. In order for P&T to be unlocked, you have to either do EX-Snatcher in P&T AND any other EX Boss or do all EX Bosses with P&T besides EX-Snatcher.
At least that's how I remember it and how it worked for me.
This is now relevant rao. :P
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

so its worth noting that there is an assist mode in the options itself, seperate from peace and tranqulity
This mode when activated, will double hp cap to 8, regen hp if you stand still, and automatically enable peace and tranq when starting a death wish stage

However, you can also skip that last part by just activating it midstage. There's no penalty for using it so you could say, enable it while standing in front of a boss, regen your hp, then turn it back off if all you want is a heal between bossfights. (even if you heal past 4 hp, it'll just reset it back to 4 once you turn off assist)
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

I'm a little disappointed Snatcher EX² seemingly doesn't have unique dialogue, like "haha! guess what, kiddo? I'M the final boss now! I'm not letting you out of these contracts if it kills me!". I didn't pause the video to check, but it looked all the same when cowman was buttoning through it.
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
TheFunPolice

Post by TheFunPolice »

And here we are. Boss Rush EX. Congratulations raocow for getting this far.
Yeah, the first few bosses are shortened in number of hits required. Ultra Snatcher still has the full health though.
If you want to know the bonuses, they're under this spoiler: (not much of a spoiler tbh)

Don't use any hat abilities

Don't drop to 1HP

Ultra Snatcher got nerfed to not shoot the fast electric sparks(?) alongside his shockwave from the purple lasers, and to be slower in general. If you want to see him in his (mostly) original glory, watch here:

(Snatcher fight at 9:20)

One of the things that video noted was that you can stall on the final Mustache Girl phase while the audience is throwing health pons at you to heal back up for Snatcher if you can dodge the random flak enough.

On Death Wish difficulty as a whole:
When I first went looking for info on what got nerfed, a lot of it came from people talking about the changes in forum threads and Reddit posts. One of the main things I noticed was that the majority of people disliked the changes, and a few went as far as to downpatch the game to get the older version of some deathwishes, most notably Ultra Snatcher. I think part of the issue with Death Wish is that it feels like devs are trying to balance for both casual players who ran through the main story for fun and really experienced players who want to grind out the extra challenge, and so the difficulty kinda skyrockets or plummets depending on the mission.

It might have helped to do things the opposite way and have Peace&Tranquility be more the default difficulty, with an extra 'I want to die' option for the type of people who do things like spend 18 hours grinding out Seal the Deal without taking damage. Might have helped having the extra difficulty be optional for 'completion', such as it is.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Be careful what you wish for.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Post by camwoodstock »

"I have never seen a dev miscalculate what I love about their game so badly" is our raoquote 2023 unless something else halts it
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
EllenHouraisan
Cat llama enthusiast
First name: Iris
Pronouns: she/her

Post by EllenHouraisan »

camwoodstock wrote: 1 year ago "I have never seen a dev miscalculate what I love about their game so badly"
Me whenever I have to do Spiral Abyss in Genshin. :monstrosity:
:trans_pride: :bi_pride:
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Well, here we are at the end of death wish. Too bad raocow didn't really enjoy it, but, as he said in the description, he wasn't the target audience. I think I said earlier that I enjoy a good boss that can kick my butt, so I had fun here even as I died countless times and stubbornly refused to use peace and tranquility (which I don't know why it didn't show up for raocow). While I did enjoy Death Wish as a whole, I agree that it has flaws and could have been better. That suggestion to have peace and tranquility be the default with the current difficulty being an optional challenge for those that really want it seems like a good idea. In any case, I enjoyed watching raocow play through this.

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Death Wish could really use an explicit alert at the beginning like... "Have you played a hundred hours of user content between beating the main game and this? No? Then go do that first, or turn on P&T by default, or just be warned that you're skipping a few dozen steps in the difficulty curve!"

Because as-is, it doesn't seem to even consider that someone would be playing this with only other official content as their experience. It should be a warning sign that, in order to find a level of challenge just a stone's throw above all the non-Death Wish content, you need to turn on "no judgement, just vibes easy mode for people who want to relax instead of challenge themselves." Perspectives are definitely out of whack.