(shouting)

A Hat in Time Death Wish - Wishing for Peace and Tranquility

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Re: A Hat in Time Death Wish - Wishing for Death

Post by thatguyif »

So...I'm slowly catching up on videos this week, and one thing I noticed, relevant to speedrun contracts: The Time Piece reveal animation takes approximately 5 seconds to complete. So, alongside a second-long buffer, you should be able to tell if you completed the task on time if you have a 6-second window from the time you finish the task to when you grab the Time Piece.

Or, more succinctly: Add 6 seconds when you complete a speedrun mission but before you grab the Time Piece. If you're over, restart.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

thatguyif wrote: 1 year ago So...I'm slowly catching up on videos this week, and one thing I noticed, relevant to speedrun contracts: The Time Piece reveal animation takes approximately 5 seconds to complete. So, alongside a second-long buffer, you should be able to tell if you completed the task on time if you have a 6-second window from the time you finish the task to when you grab the Time Piece.

Or, more succinctly: Add 6 seconds when you complete a speedrun mission but before you grab the Time Piece. If you're over, restart.
Oh THAT'S BS.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

If not for the second mission explicitly banning the use of time slow, I might not have considered it by this point, either.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

and I thought they just mentioned it as a way to make collecting the ticket easier :U
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
TheFunPolice

Post by TheFunPolice »

Yeah, the Time Stop hat can be inconsistent on what timers it does slow and what ones just don't care. The effect is also global, which can cause problems like with the ticket not being where it is normally at a certain time because the hat slowed it down.

This mission also features a use for the most niche badge in the game: the laser badge, that being the best way to get both bonuses in one run.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

forty+ seconds of unskippable filler sure is design
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

and like
I'm pretty sure loading times where a lot slower on my old pc
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

So, I think it's best if we just spoil this detail after today, just for the sake of sanity (and honestly, is it really spoiling if it's for a game mode for a game he's already finished?).

There is one speedrun challenge left in Death Wish. (I'm discounting Rift challenges because those aren't really speedruns, per se.) There's only three overall in the entire mode, and you cleared two of them.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow

Post by raocow »

so they where really just kinda frontloaded. that or I was just kinda unlucky with my pathing choice on the map

well still, good to know, a bit of a relief even
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

I would say the latter. The last one looks to be in the one world you haven't done any Death Wish challenges yet, I think (I never played this game). So you just happened to stumble into the first two very close together.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

The accidental emote-button making Hatricia say "PECK!" as she fell in the muck was deliciously appropriate.
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Yesterday's speedrun challenge wasn't one of the missions I was thinking of when I said I only remembered a small handful of these, but as soon as I saw it I thought to myself: "oh, it's this one". I'm not sure if I remembered it because it was difficult, or just because of all the loading screens you have to sit through (probably a bit of both), but regardless, it certainly made an impact on me. Knowing myself, I doubt I would have restarted on runs that weren't fast enough, which would mean sitting through three loading screens every attempt, plus getting sent out of the level every time, so now that I think about it, it probably was all the loading that made this memorable to me.

Anyway, since I'm commenting on a rift collapse episode, I'll take the time to mention that I really like the music here. It's pretty clearly inspired by the "hurry up" music from Wario Land 4, which is a favourite of mine, so I enjoy the reference to it.

LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Now here's one of these I remember. Although once again this isn't one I thought of when raocow started doing these, but when I was replaying the game and got to the normal version of this boss I was instinctively preparing for his attacks to be really difficult to dodge, but then I realized: "oh wait, I'm thinking of death wish".

Anyway, as I just said, I remember this guy's attacks being quite difficult to dodge, especially his mega charge attack. I'm pretty sure I used the time slow hat for that attack, and also a lot in general, when I went for my no damage run. I also remember the mafia ball being weird and janky, and raocow's experience with it looks just how I remember it. One thing I didn't remember is the near constant rain of bags, which I find surprising since, when I think about it now, I can remember them giving me a good deal of trouble.

Anyway, good luck with your no damage run raocow!

TheFunPolice

Post by TheFunPolice »

Yeah, one hit hero can be a grind, especially when you haven't played the boss for a while and have to relearn the patterns. Don't forget about your other hats!

This boss used to have two extra hits on phases 1 and 3, and the sandbags were way more aggressive for like two days after release.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

ok looking at the footage left in the video you barely used the ice hat, and even if you did, it was the electric attack that killed you the most, and time slow would have helped with that. could maybe have checked the attack and switched hats accordingly if ice was secretly making a noticeable difference
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
raocow

Post by raocow »

I used it more in failed attempts!

:oops:
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Imma mention I managed... almost all of the boss fights in death wish without peace and tranquility. One of them proved too much for me in the end. Nothing more will be mentioned about what kinda bonuses there are but I am gonna say they really ramped up the difficulty for sure on the other bosses. :P

That EX Bird boss fight... OY.

Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

"no more walls; houses should be floors with roofs that float above... well they can be held by columns"

This would be a fun challenge(? i assume the Sims would be stressed out all the time from not having walls) to do in The Sims if i hadn't sworn off those games forever for being such time vampires.
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

raocow reinvents the parthenon
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Godhome at home:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

ok, since not doing things is now officially on the table

you're not going to want to even finish this mode if you want to keep loving the game and you will know why when you get there
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
raocow

Post by raocow »

:|
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

okay fine, spoilers
it's a supercharged boss rush at the end
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
warpio

Post by warpio »

Here's a suggestion the next time you have to end a video on a sour note: Try out the "Peace & Tranquility" option just if nothing else to see what it does. It might just bring your mood back up a bit...
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

There are reasons why Seal the Deal got much worse reviews than other components of this game: a hardcore challenge iteration of the game being the main component of the DLC is a big one.

I see comments suggesting you to try out Peace and Tranquility option, and I agree. It's better to play the content at a level that's fun for you than to miss out on it (if a level is still too much, then you can leave it there, being content that you experienced it and gave it an earnest try). There's precedent on this channel to use an assist mode or lower the difficulty, especially for key boss fights and postgame challenges.
Last edited by ano0maly 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.