(shouting)

A Hat in Time Death Wish - Wishing for Peace and Tranquility

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Re: A Hat in Time - Button that makes a headband summon a scooter

Post by HatKid »

Today's episode is actually the first time I've seen the newest DLC, I don't own it (yet) but it seems interesting though a little busy visually!
kurt91

Re: A Hat in Time - A face mask worn by cats

Post by kurt91 »

I'll be completely honest, I've beaten the base game for this, but a pirated version of the game. (I only intended to play a bit as a 'demo', but ended up pulling 100% on the base game!) Thing is, I loved the game so much that between the DLC and all the mods available as well as the other extra content, I bought the full game on Steam. I still have to finish the legit game, I just wish that Steam didn't cut out Achievements when you have mods active. I got the Psychonauts and Freedom Planet badges, and since they're mods, anything I do as far as Achievements are concerned doesn't count.

I guess that's the punishment I get for having played the pirated version. Haven't gotten to the DLC stuff yet. raocow's playthrough is the first I've seen of the Nyakuza Metro area, though I have seen somebody else do the other one. Kind of dreading when I get to Death Wish, I've seen some of the requirements for those levels. (Hope raocow does them, though. That'll be fun to watch, and I can get a good idea on how to do certain ones by watching him figure out the difficult bits first!)
First name: Violet

Re: A Hat in Time - Button that makes a headband summon a scooter

Post by 10204307 »

MAN this whole area is super cool! I've always been a fan of this kind of high-tech urban punk aesthetic. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of it.
warpio

Post by warpio »

It's time...
:catcrime:

Nyakuza Metro had me so captivated when I first played it. I couldn't help myself from stopping to take in all the smallest visual details and taking 100s of photos... Something about the bright neon aesthetic together with the lighting effects and the amazingly whimsical/surreal vibe of this crazy place, it's just perfect... Oh and the music is great here too, although it's a little too subtle to really notice it over the LP commentary.

It actually took me like over an hour before I even stepped foot into the yellow zone. It especially takes a long time to do everything here if you wait around for all the NPC dialog to start looping like I did. By the time I was finished exploring everything in the central area I had the music of this place stuck in my head for days afterwards.

There's also at least one other time piece you can grab just by exploring here before buying any station passes as well. oh and stickers. lot's and lots of stickers.

Oh yeah and Alpine Skyline is pretty great too. raocow's impression of that chapter so far has been pretty identical to my own. It's a great level. These 2 are definitely my favorite chapters in the game. Not just for their visual aesthetic but also because they have the best pure platforming and extremely clever level design.
mogwaimon

Post by mogwaimon »

Some superb cosmetics in the Metro too
my favorites are the Guy Fieri one and the stars and moons one. also the cheeseburger hat
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I think Hatricia defaulted to vandalism kit for the box of crayons because in her limited interactions with this civilization, the only way she's seen something like that used is from Robin vandalizing everything in Mafia Town.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Re: A Hat in Time - Yarn that can potentially stop time

Post by AuraLancer »

That lady is probably a lot scarier if someone other than raocow were farting around the manor.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: A Hat in Time - Yarn that can potentially stop timing

Post by Awoo »

I know I'm probably a bit late on this, as I had some catching up to do, but...

Peck!

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

raocow plays Resident Evil REmake when
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: A Hat in Time - Yarn that can potentially stop space

Post by Awoo »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago raocow plays Resident Evil REmake when

itchy.
tasty.

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
11clock

Post by 11clock »

The manor level is easily my least favorite level in the entire game. I can't stand horror games and didn't get this game to be spooked. It is very out of place.

When I played this game again with a friend I made him do the level alone, since no way could I stomach it again, and he is way more tolerable with this kind of thing.
PSI Ninja
https://psininja.talkhaus.com/

Post by PSI Ninja »

I like how, as soon as the lady appeared, raocow ran straight for her instead of running away.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: A Hat in Time - Yarn that can potentially stop tim

Post by Awoo »

Edyllroe wrote: 4 years ago I like how, as soon as the lady appeared, raocow ran straight for her instead of running away.
That's our raocow for you! He's the best :pal:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

someBODY ONCE TOLD ME
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
kurt91

Post by kurt91 »

It was a straight path. Just go forward and use the Hookshot, and you're there. You could actually see the destination from the starting point. And of course, raocow gets so damned lost that he winds up finding a Time Rift instead, in what has to be the largest place to actually have to hunt them down. I mean, I had to actually go on YouTube and watch video guides on my phone as I played to find the Time Rifts here.

If I were a game developer and I got to watch raocow play my game, I don't know if I'd be happy that he likes exploring so much, or banging my head on the desk because I'd need to literally drop him onto the boss in order for him to actually find it.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

kurt91 wrote: 4 years ago If I were a game developer and I got to watch raocow play my game, I don't know if I'd be happy that he likes exploring so much, or banging my head on the desk because I'd need to literally drop him onto the boss in order for him to actually find it.
I dunno, judging by the tone of the rest of your post, I feel like you already have your answer

Also Hat Kid is Hollow Knight now question mark?
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: A Hat in Time - Yarn that can potentially spot time

Post by Awoo »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago Also Hat Kid is Hollow Knight now question mark?
Does AHiT have any "Git Gud" references? If so, yes...
If not...

git gud

nyoro~n
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
kurt91

Post by kurt91 »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago
kurt91 wrote: 4 years ago If I were a game developer and I got to watch raocow play my game, I don't know if I'd be happy that he likes exploring so much, or banging my head on the desk because I'd need to literally drop him onto the boss in order for him to actually find it.
I dunno, judging by the tone of the rest of your post, I feel like you already have your answer

Also Hat Kid is Hollow Knight now question mark?
There's a difference between watching an LP of a game you know and like, and watching somebody play a game you made. A few years ago I watched somebody play a demo of a Zelda Classic quest I was making, and it was fun seeing them stumble around and give opinions on things I had made and have feedback for later sections. (For instance, I had a rudimentary EXP system with three types of EXP to upgrade HP, ATK, and DEF. It took a surprising amount of time for the player to figure out what he was collecting, even though I had meters for them on the subscreen and everything.)

The thing is, in that occasion it was a demo that I was still balancing and making adjustments to level design. This is a fully-finished game where you're very unlikely to patch in big changes like that partially because the game is already done and released and partially because (I'm pretty certain, but I may be wrong) stores like Steam charge you some sort of fee for each patch or update you have to put up, so if there isn't something important to justify it like a game-breaking bug that's going to hurt the experience for a majority of your players, you probably don't want to just randomly make changes like that.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

THE WORLD WAS GONNA ROLL ME
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Re: A Hat in Time - Cool Visor that manipulates time

Post by HatKid »

The time I fought the Toilet was on my old laptop which could not handle a lot of the areas of this game all that well (but there were some mildly amusing visual bugs in Subcon Forest) Anyway, the boss fight lagged a lot which made it far more difficult than it would be normally, but I managed to do it, and never went near that dumb toilet again.
warpio

Post by warpio »

I think Subcon Forest is made for getting you distracted and going on long scavenger hunts while avoiding your main objective. That's definitely how I played it. There's something really fun about hopping/grappling across the treetops, and staying on the high paths makes it easier to spot even more glowy things in the distance... This was one of the levels that I had very little cleanup left to do when I came back to super-clear it with the Compass badge.
rena
type 2 invested entity
First name: cat
Pronouns: spider
https://rena.talkhaus.com/

Post by rena »

we still had 2 or 3 whole walled areas to explore after we finished all the subcon objectives :) there's a lot of really neat stuff to find in there though it's really crazily big
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!

Post by AmeijinMayo »

The Subcon Forest is neat, a lot of fun exploring can be done there.
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: A Hat in Time - Cool Visor that manipulates Tim

Post by Awoo »

So, when can raocow get

the Cat Mask from Nyakuza Metro? I'm looking forward to his reaction of it, I assume he maybe knows about it already though?

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Confirmed that raocow would hit a toilet while it's down.