(shouting)

A Hat in Time Death Wish - Wishing for Peace and Tranquility

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Re: A Hat in Time - Mask shaped like a fox

Post by 10204307 »

The problem is largely the fact that the game doesn’t do much to emphasize the beams when they come out; you can even completely miss them if the camera is facing the wrong direction, which makes them feel less important than they actually are.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

10204307 wrote: 4 years ago The problem is largely the fact that the game doesn’t do much to emphasize the beams when they come out; you can even completely miss them if the camera is facing the wrong direction, which makes them feel less important than they actually are.
There should be, like, a "pewwwwww" sound effect when they shoot out
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
warpio

Post by warpio »

I think the main reason for raocow missing things so much more often in 3D games than he does in 2D games is because 3D games require a slower-paced playstyle in order to be able to properly take in all of the visuals, whereas 2D games have you moving around constantly because moving around is the ONLY way you can actually see all of the landscape in 2D.

Like in a 3D game, you'd be much better served to slow down or stop moving entirely when you get to a good vantage point in a new area, so that you can actually look at all of what's visible in that vantage point. raocow mostly doesn't do this, because 2D games have trained him to just "go go go" and he's never usually had to look around while standing still in order to find secrets unless it's a single-screen puzzle room. Although I guess he has been doing this a bit more in the last video, so he's starting to get better at least.
warpio

Post by warpio »

Also, you technically don't have the excuse of "the camera won't camera" anymore, because the Camera Badge is now a thing that you have in your arsenal. It's an unrestricted photo mode where you can pause the game and zoom/look to your heart's content. It's an extremely useful tool when searching for things in general.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Cool scooter.

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Re: A Hat in Time - Button that makes a headband summon a scooter

Post by HatKid »

I loved messing around with the scooter, just driving around all the different worlds in the game and trying to do all sorts of trick jumps.
Dragooner

Post by Dragooner »

Def. my favorite badge in the game and the one that I used in every level possible, even if that made the level almost impossible.
Jafar
say yes to capes

Post by Jafar »

Some songs get a funky beat added when riding the scooter, Yoshi style.
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by AmeijinMayo »

Scootin' on with them songs
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

yeah scooter was the last mainstay on my badge list other than hookshot and magnet. scootin' is just too much fun, man.
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
mogwaimon

Post by mogwaimon »

it would be prudent to become accustomed to the scooter because it's
pretty great for some of the speedrun deathwishes later on. much better than the normal sprint hat IMO
kurt91

Post by kurt91 »

Since we're getting to that point pretty soon, how's raocow with horror? Do we need to tell him about the bypass for that particular level, or should we just wait? I mean, certainly we're going to tell him after the level is finished, if he isn't going to have a problem with the level itself, but if he'd be better off knowing ahead of time, somebody ought to let him know.

Just wanted to know, since we're running out of levels beside that one, and it's not like raocow is consciously avoiding it. For all we know, it's going to be the next video.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

kurt91 wrote: 4 years ago
Since we're getting to that point pretty soon, how's raocow with horror? Do we need to tell him about the bypass for that particular level, or should we just wait? I mean, certainly we're going to tell him after the level is finished, if he isn't going to have a problem with the level itself, but if he'd be better off knowing ahead of time, somebody ought to let him know.

Just wanted to know, since we're running out of levels beside that one, and it's not like raocow is consciously avoiding it. For all we know, it's going to be the next video.
Historically raocow is fine with that unless it involves

conspicuous bones, skeletons, or facial trauma/blood

. General horror themes and spookiness, even jumpscares, are generally fine.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

This level gives me Dofus vibes, which are great vibes to give off.
ImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

hey there everyone this is rrrraocow playing super mario 2001: a space odyessy
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

why is there a cake made of lava?????
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Everyone ask, "why is there a cake made of lava?" but no-one ask "how is there a cake made of lava"
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

who is there a cake made of lava
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Sick today so I took the opportunity to catch up on this LP and heck yeah you’re finally here!

I always preferred free-roaming sandbox-style collectathons over mission-based ones, though this game handles the it Mario 64-/Sunshine-esque approach to the latter really well. And while the different parts of Alpine Skyline aren’t quite as interconnected as I’d like — despite them being split up into different acts, Mafia Town and Subcon Forest still scratched that itch better — I understand the design perks to structuring the chapter this way and it’s still a nice change of pace to be able to get all the time pieces in one go.

And while I haven’t gotten to playing the DLC yet (hoping to get through it before raocow does but my PC is currently in the shop) the nomads here are my absolute favorite NPCs in the game so far. Both their designs and that voice are absolutely adorable and if there were plushes of them I’d buy five of ‘em!!! Their VA is Carol-Anne Day, who has a solid history of anime dub roles: Dragon Ball, Gundam, Zoids, Precure, as well as some Mega Man titles (including Powered Up.)
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Rockythechao wrote: 4 years ago Their VA is Carol-Anne Day, who has a solid history of anime dub roles: Dragon Ball, Gundam, Zoids, Precure, as well as some Mega Man titles (including Powered Up.)
and that explains that
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

I'd been putting off buying the second DLC (just 'cause I had other things to play), but rao approaching that content made me do it a few days ago. I actually quite like Online Party more than I thought I would. I bought the DLC for the new chapter and only turned on Online Party for the achievements, but it turns out it's a fantastic time.

Earlier today, I was sitting in a seat in the spaceship (watching the dog show), when someone hit me out of it. We feuded for a bit, me wacking them then getting back to my seat, them slowly trying to approach to wack me away again...then at one point while I was getting up to hit them, he ran away. I gave chase, we ended up near The Gallery rift, and they whacked me into it, then jumped in themself, and we started an improptu race. They won, but it was fun to interact like that. And that's how I made a new steam friend.

I also just idly played catch with someone the other day, that was neat too. Hell, just dancing around with a group until someone ice-hat's us all at once is amusing and fun.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

i'm pretty sure the thing you just unlocked is

the last level that only has one time piece

so maybe you don't wanna do that
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Dragooner

Post by Dragooner »

"People, avoid telling me things, please", truly a shout from the soul.
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago i'm pretty sure the thing you just unlocked is

the last level that only has one time piece

so maybe you don't wanna do that
that is why he should do it actually
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)