Luigi is actually in Genshin Impact

The Mega Man Playthrough Topic. Yep.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Re: The Mega Man Playthrough Topic. Yep. (Currently: The Wily Wars)

Post by Bean »

(6) Wily Tower 2 - Iron Ball

While they didn't exactly go out of their way to give this boss a better name, Wily Tower 2, based off of Mega Man 2's enemy and traps set is a pretty fun stage overall. Guess that explains the somewhat unfittingly upbeat music, but I think it's nice for a change of pace. The level flows pretty well from the dive into the drink all the way up through the boss... unless you go out of your way to pick up one specific E-Tank. That room felt like it would never end.

In all seriousness, I think the fan name for this thing was the Mach Ball which makes a lot more sense as it speeds up as the fight goes on. Honestly would say it's the second half when it starts dropping the explosive eggs where things go a bit nuts, but that also works against it as the big boy's speed sometimes runs into what would've been a missed shot. Thanks for making things a fun time. Had a ball... and destroyed it, too!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

(7) Wily Tower 3 - Buster Rod G (2nd)

It's time to settle the score with this simian once and for all even though we're already up 1-0 going in! To do that, we'll have to navigate through some relatively peaceful MM3 traps as this stage doesn't really have as many sore spots as the previous two did. The split path is pretty short whichever way you take, and that game's weapon set is really, really good at dealing with the assortment of enemies we'll face here. Honestly, it feels like a cooldown level after a few trickier parts in other stages, and I'm talking in the context of the no damage run we've been doing here.

As for our boss, this is definitely the most memorable matchup in the game just because of the whole room falling apart as Mega duels with the leader of the Genesis Unit. We'll bring out some special weapons to speed things up in the main run, but our true buster only battle will be done at the end. And now, we're only a single stage from finally fixing the mess we made all the way back in Mega Man II (but not really as that's just an excuse to play these side games). Dr. Wily! The fourth and final battle with you in this game begins and ends next time! Whoa.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

(8) Final Stage - Wily Machine MD & Ending

Our imminent victory is at hand, no thanks to that giant robot standing in the way! Going to have to knock it down a few pegs to set history right because these side adventures have been interesting, but it'll be fun to eventually get back to the real deal again soon. It's a fun fight with a made-up name for this vid since this contraption doesn't have an official name at this time. Figured I'd toss out a Mega Drive reference to those of you that know the system by that instead of the Genesis for one thing in this game. Besides, Buster Rod and Wily Machine having a G? That wouldn't make sense. Neither would Wily winning, so get to begging already, dude! It's over!

Honestly, this was an interesting set of remakes to go through along with the additional mini mode that got put in along with it. I'd say to give this game a go if you ever get the chance. Just make sure it's one of the official rereleases that have fixed some of the issues that plagued this title back in the day. For now, that's another series complete. How long until the next one starts? ...That's a good question!