(shouting)

Kirby 64 - Ribbon

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Re: Kirby 64 - Fairy Queen

Post by Kleetus »

Roll for Initiative
Miracle Matter is my favorite boss in the game. It's also probably the hardest; even once you get the patterns down, it's quite the endurance round.
MM takes 20 hit, but because the 7 copy abilities don't divide into 20, the bomb for takes 2 hits while the rest take 3.
MM's battle theme is song 20 in the sound check.

In Plato's dialogue, Timaeus, he links some geometric figures with the classical elements. The regular icosahedron (the shape of Miracle Matter) is said to be the fundamental shape of water. In many ancient cultures, such as in ancient Egyptian and Babylonian myth, the primordial chaos, from which all emerges, is described as either being, or being like, water.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

fairy queen anthy is so cute.........
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

good news, I got the red outline fixed with some help from a fan!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago good news, I got the red outline fixed with some help from a fan!

It would be less consequential since the credits for the good ending has full color pictures instead of just sketches. Still, they would look better without those red outlines if the same issue would have been found there.

Also, the minigames are in the Options menu, along with the item cards you collected.

Miracle Matter is a really cool boss fight. In contrast to other end of world bosses, it has this sense of culmination of your experience with this game, where it tests you on the different element types.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Man, I'll just take any screw-ups as either coming off from a rough session of another game or just not really getting the 2.5D aspects the game has in spots. Run's been funny because of the mistakes on combining powers, and you're probably not playing this one with an actual N64 controller either, so it's cool.

I enjoy this boss, although it's weird to only be able to damage Miracle Matter with the power it's using. All those years of Mega Man told me that won't work!
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Bean wrote: 4 years ago I enjoy this boss, although it's weird to only be able to damage Miracle Matter with the power it's using. All those years of Mega Man told me that won't work!
I see you're unfamiliar with Metal Man nyoro~n
Grounder

Re: Kirby 64 - John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt

Post by Grounder »

Catch the falling cr@p!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

ahhhh those mario party·like mini games are adorables₊˚* especially the last 🙿 chessboard 🙾 like one⚟ i feel like it could get really really competitive with human peeps playing together
ImageImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Huh I didn't think that the credits count as a movie in the theater.

The missing option is

Boss Battles

, and I guess you unlock it by getting the good ending? I don't know what the extent of it is - whether it includes

your buddies in Pop Star and the minibosses

LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Hooray, raocow got the credits fixed. As I said, I like the pictures here, so it's nice to be able to see them properly.

Anyway, this game has mini-games, and I really like them. And on top of being fun, they also have some great music to go with them. One thing I like that raocow didn't show off is that they slightly change appearance on the other difficulty levels, with the highest difficulty (very hard) having a major change in appearance. While I like all of these mini-games, my favourite by far is Checkerboard Chase.

Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Project Manager: Takashi Saito

Checkerboard Chase is fun as hell to play with friends, we got a lot of mileage out of that minigame when I was younger.

Also

> "Shadow Adeleine"
> Not "Badeleine"
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

badeline is a bad name and I'll never make reference to it!!
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Kirby 64 - John Jacob's Ladder Jingleheimer Schmidt

Post by Awoo »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago badeline is a bad name and I'll never make reference to it!!

ligma

nyoro~n

yes yes I know you immediately regretted it but it was still funny and somewhat endearing

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago badeline is a bad name and I'll never make reference to it!!
You make me sadeliene :(

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow

Post by raocow »

good character, bad name. it happens.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

more like adelLAME
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Checkerboard Chase is the only e-sport.
ImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago good character, bad name. it happens.
This post is a kick in the nadeleine

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

In some translations of Celeste, Madeleine and Badeleine are named Mado and Bado.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Note though the slight difference in spelling for Ado
churine

Post by churine »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years agoThe missing option is

Boss Battles

, and I guess you unlock it by getting the good ending? I don't know what the extent of it is - whether it includes

your buddies in Pop Star and the minibosses

it doesn't, you can only fight them once per save

if you perfect it (and/or get all the monster cards?) though you can get Kirby to become God
strongbadman

Re: Kirby 64 - Ribbon

Post by strongbadman »

Kirby 64 came out March 24th, 2000. The ps2 came out March 4th of the same year. The ps2 had been out for about 20 days at that point.
Grounder

Kirby in the FranXX - Mako Mankanshoku

Post by Grounder »

the end
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Kirby 64 is the only Star Wars I care about.
But really, at least aesthetically, Kirby 64 is my favourite game, and it's been a blast to watch.
ImageImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Time for the real end of the game. The level before the final boss may be short, but I really like it; the platforms made up of hexagons are cool, and I love the music here. I've been saying that a lot, but this game just has great music. Speaking of great music, the final boss theme is pretty great too.

The final boss here is a drastic change of gameplay, which, while it can easily go wrong, I always tend to enjoy. One thing I find interesting here is the way destroying the wings affects the fight. If you destroy them both it significantly reduces his turning speed, to the point where it can't keep up with you, so you can just fly up to the top of its head and completely skip shooting its eye. Although even if you don't, it does make hitting its eye a lot easier, which you can see in the video. Also, the whole thing with the cactus is... uh, pretty weird if you ask me.

The final cutscene here is great, with everyone getting medals, and Ribbon being cute as ever. By getting the true ending you also get credits with the pictures coloured in. One thing I like here is that some of these pictures are continuations of the pictures from the first credits, like the one with four enemies attacking each other, while they were originally just sitting there.

... I always have a hard time thinking of what to say at the end of a game, and it's even harder when it's one of my favourites. I guess I'll just say: thanks for playing one of my favourite games raocow!