(shouting)

Kirby 64 - Ribbon

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Kirby 64 - Ribbon

Post by Grounder »

Last edited by Grounder 4 years ago, edited 19 times in total.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Kirby 64 - Rick

Post by FourteenthOrder »

raocow's enthusiasm is so contagious, I love this game and like him have not played it in quite some time, so like aaaaaa
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

ribbon is the cutest
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago ribbon is the cutest
https://twitter.com/rariatoo/status/1130130299713495040

say that to her face fucker and not online
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

See look what happened because of the previous game you played, now everyone wants those crystals. First Cortex, now that one character from

Darling in the Franxx

BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I'm glad Ribbon has dressed herself properly for this adventure
Quadro
Heh heh.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Quadro »

(*〇□〇)……!

I didn't expect this. I'm super excited!

"You are loved and you matter, whether you want to or not."
-raocow, 2023

"Wherever you are tonight,
I wish you the best of everything."

-Tom Petty

icon stolen from:
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Kirby 64 - Ricky Lahey

Post by Awoo »

I don't have any personal experience with this game, so I'm super looking forward to it! Should be fun to hear the

Factory Exploration

music in its natural habitat outside of Last Impact, since I super enjoyed it there/that level
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

HELL YEAH KIRBY 64
Also known as Kirby's Dreamland 3 II.

I absolutely adore this game, and the cutscenes are probably some of the best made of that time imo. Would be interesting to know why it's so hard to emulate properly, though.
ImageImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Oh man, raocow's playing one of my all time favourite games! I could probably spend a considerable amount of time talking about how much I like this game, but then I wouldn't have anything to say for the rest of this, so for now I'll just say that I really like the cut-scenes in this game. First of all I like the way the music goes along with what's happening, that's pretty great. But the cut-scenes are also just super cute!

Kirby's already pretty cute on his own, and adding Ribbon into the mix just doubles the cuteness. And of course there's also Kirby's friends he meets along the way. Heck, even the generic fairy people in the opening cut-scene are cute. And... whoops; I meant to keep this brief but I've already spent so much time gushing about this game that I have to split it into multiple paragraphs. Guess I should stop for now. Until next time, where I'll probably spend even more time gushing about this game.

Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

this is absolutely my favorite game that i played through rental ( though admittedly banjo-tooie is stiff competition )

also for some reason i already thought you lp'd this
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Fun Fact, this game had a website in anticipation of its release!
it was an elaborate site built almost entirely in flash, and while my memory is hazy 2 decades later, I recall that it explained all of kirby's friends, what they do, as well as a page detailing what each ability combination gave you, and lastly the ever popular 2000's freebies page where you can get your kirby64 wallpapers, all while the save select music looped endlessly in the background.

Sadly the site doesnt seem to have been properly archived. the flash animations simply wont work, and even the low bandwith site is a mess, withonly a single FAQ page surviving.. I had hoped to link it to show off some early 2000's flash but it seems not even screenshots of the website exist anymore.
They never updated that FAQ, so I guess we'll never know.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Kirby 64 - Ricky & Julian

Post by Awoo »

Tenlade wrote: 4 years ago Fun Fact, this game had a website in anticipation of its release!
it was an elaborate site built almost entirely in flash, and while my memory is hazy 2 decades later, I recall that it explained all of kirby's friends, what they do, as well as a page detailing what each ability combination gave you, and lastly the ever popular 2000's freebies page where you can get your kirby64 wallpapers, all while the save select music looped endlessly in the background.

Sadly the site doesnt seem to have been properly archived. the flash animations simply wont work, and even the low bandwith site is a mess, withonly a single FAQ page surviving.. I had hoped to link it to show off some early 2000's flash but it seems not even screenshots of the website exist anymore.
They never updated that FAQ, so I guess we'll never know.
Neat!
Maybe a proper archive exists somewhere? I mean, of all things out there the Space Jam website is still up, in all its 1996 glory:
https://spacejam.com/archive/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

Not to mention the 1996 Bob Dole & Kemp campaign website
http://www.dolekemp96.org/main.htm

Oh, if you want something super creepy (potential content warning):
The "Heaven's Gate" cult website is still up, decades after the suicides
http://heavensgate.com/
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations

Tenlade wrote: 4 years ago Sadly the site doesnt seem to have been properly archived. the flash animations simply wont work, and even the low bandwith site is a mess, with only a single FAQ page surviving.
Awoo wrote: 4 years ago Maybe a proper archive exists somewhere?
Actually, while the site itself doesn't seem to have been archived beyond that, I managed to find a few images and whatnot by looking into the archive! Here's a Google Drive link with my findings
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
The "hot news" thing was from like 2006, so I'd wager it wasn't in the original site and probably something from an error page, but since it was still in the same domain, I put it up there.
(Minor gameplay and story spoilers)
You can find all of this in archive.org, just thought i'd make it easier to see here.
That being said, there's also a ton of .swf files from 2006 in the site, and while they are probably not anything from the original site, there were a few i downloaded and they did have things in them- Maybe someone with more knowledge would be able to find more stuff from this site.
ImageImage
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Piesonscreations wrote: 4 years ago
Actually, while the site itself doesn't seem to have been archived beyond that, I managed to find a few images and whatnot by looking into the archive! Here's a Google Drive link with my findings
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
The "hot news" thing was from like 2006, so I'd wager it wasn't in the original site and probably something from an error page, but since it was still in the same domain, I put it up there.
(Minor gameplay and story spoilers)
You can find all of this in archive.org, just thought i'd make it easier to see here.
That being said, there's also a ton of .swf files from 2006 in the site, and while they are probably not anything from the original site, there were a few i downloaded and they did have things in them- Maybe someone with more knowledge would be able to find more stuff from this site.
oh wow, they actually saved the wallpapers, thats amazing, thanks for the find!
also yeah after a couple of years nintendo re-directed kirby64.com to newer game's pages and they still have the url in use today for that exact purpose. they also have the url kirbykirbykirby.com which im guessing was for the anime, and now redirects to...canvas curse for the wii u. guess they forgot to update that one. (also that anime theme song is now stuck in my head)

while the US site might be lost, the original japanese website is still up and working perfectly. and and while its not as flashy(pun intended), even includes a gallery of submitted fanart.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Kirby 64 - Ricky & Julian & Bubbles

Post by Awoo »

Tenlade wrote: 4 years ago (also that anime theme song is now stuck in my head)
This one? :3

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

i like how the title screen shows all of the characters awkwardly staring in various directions
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

With how slow it is compared to other games in the series, it shouldn't be as fun as it is, yet it's just so fun to mix and match all the powers together. Wouldn't call it a favorite, but it's good. Looking forward to this one!
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

kirby 64 is one of the few games i have physically :)
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

KIRB

This is the weirdest Rabi-Ribi Randomizer hack ever
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

I always thought it was weird that this game had such an interesting power-up gimmick and they just never did it again.

Actually, this game has a few things like that I guess, we'll see more of that in the coming days.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

tangy wrote: 4 years ago kirby 64 is one of the few games i have physically :)
Not sure why the smilie is so distended here, but mood. Kirb hype
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I didn't realize this was on raocow's to-play list. Definitely looking forward to this one since it's my favorite game in the series. (Also one of only two I actually owned myself, in addition to Kirby and the Amazing Mirror which was also pretty fun.)
Piesonscreations

Tenlade wrote: 4 years ago oh wow, they actually saved the wallpapers, thats amazing, thanks for the find!
[...]
while the US site might be lost, the original japanese website is still up and working perfectly. and and while its not as flashy(pun intended), even includes a gallery of submitted fanart.
No problem! Looking for lost media is always fun. Also, that's a looot of fanart in the japanese site!
ImageImage