(shouting)

Kirby 64 - Ribbon

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: Kirby 64 - Gooey!

Post by Crow »

raocow, do you not have Carrot Rain in canada?
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Those woodland animals attacked first! Kirby was just acting in self defense. It was self defense with high current and broken glass, but it was still self defense.
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

ahhhgosh〜 ive got to gush about this games visual✧゚its like a kids crayon drawing it reminds me so much of kirby 3 which just like brings back all the nostalgias⚟ ahh just like so so cute…like i know the kirby series is known for that but⚊just everything here is just so so cute, the faces, the character models, everythings*₊˚the kirbys always feel so polished like sometimes more so than others on its same console. like i really remember thinking the same about how smooth kirbys animated on the gameboys and how vibrant dreamland looks on the nes⚊idk why thats is or if its just me ´-・ᴗ・-`
ImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Kirby 64 - Coo

Post by Kilgamayan »

Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago I'm very proud of your ability to die in a Kirby game

Not everyone can do that
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Kirby 64 - Chuchu

Post by Piesonscreations »

It might be the fact that I grew up playing this game and it formed my sense of a prefered aesthetic, but man is this game aggresively beautiful.

Also, I hope raocow checks out Lightning Lightning and stands still with it. The range of the attack increases massively if you stand still.
ImageImage
Ledgem
Bearer of the word Night
First name: Whimsikarren
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Ledgem »

I'm so happy. raocow lifting the enemies onto kirby's head. Sometimes they just sit there, sometimes a crab attacks! Eeeee!

Some I remember of the top of my head that do things are bronto burt and the sand enemies. I think some of them have unique throws too?

Either way yeessss I love this game and this playthrough raocow!
I should draw a signature if I'm gonna actually post here...
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Kirby 64 - Chuchu Planet

Post by Awoo »

I'd love to see raocow's reaction to combining

ice

and

electricity

:catplanet2:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Hey raoguy here's a running guide of abilities you've seen and abilities you haven't seen to hopefully help you remember better what combo is what
raocow Kirby 64 Abilities 121919.png
raocow Kirby 64 Abilities 121919.png (10.98 KiB) Viewed 3074 times

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

oh sweet, thank you
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Re: Kirby 64 - Chuchu Planet

Post by Ivy »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago I'd love to see raocow's reaction to combining

ice

and

electricity

:catplanet2:
I'll love his reaction to the combination of

ice and fire

that's mandatory for one of the shards
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I remember this boss giving me a good deal of trouble when I first played this game. Although it's almost hard to believe considering that nowadays I can very easily get past the first phase without a scratch. I've even learned while watching a speedrun that there's a safe spot where you can just stand still for the entire first phase. Anyway one neat little thing about this boss is that matching the colours of the projectiles with the boss actually does do more damage. Which doesn't seem that incredible now that I type it out, but I thought it was neat when I first found out about it.

Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

I can't be the only one who (1) read the current thread title as Cthulhu and (2) nodded approvingly
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Kirby 64 - Chuchu Ia! Ia!

Post by Awoo »

Voltgloss wrote: 4 years ago I can't be the only one who (1) read the current thread title as Cthulhu and (2) nodded approvingly
Cthulhu fhtagn!
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Man I miss when kirby games were fun like this
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Re: Kirby 64 - Nago

Post by Kilgamayan »

Updated combo chart

I am supremely disappointed that the dynamite stick was only shown off accidentally in a rushed, disinterested manner, now we'll never get a quality first impression reaction to it :(

Exploding ninja stars was/is my favorite combo in this game by far btw, it's incredibly satisfying to use
raocow Kirby 64 Abilities 122019.png
raocow Kirby 64 Abilities 122019.png (12.63 KiB) Viewed 2983 times

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

In looking at that chart now that I've posted it, of the combos we haven't seen, the

Burning/Spark

and

Spark/Ice

combos are probably the funniest things in the entire game, but the rest of the unknowns are honestly all kind of bleh

I wouldn't shed a tear if we outright missed any of them tbh <_<;
Last edited by Kilgamayan 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

You mean

Spark/Ice

?
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Off the top of my head, I think Kirby 64 and Mass Attack are the only Kirby games to forego the standard invincibility theme, so that's pretty neat.

Btw, Fire/Ice is easily the best power combo in the game, it's so broken!
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I don't know what it is about this world, but it's easily my least favourite of the worlds. It's not like I even think it's bad or anything, there's just something about it that rubs me the wrong way. Now that I think about it, I guess maybe it's because the first and third levels feel really similar. I was saying earlier that I like that all the levels feel unique, but this is the one exception to that. For starters both the levels share the same music, and they also both start outside near the seaside before going into a cave and then back outside. And for some reason they both have some kind of vertical structure with a crystal shard inside.

There's also the shard that requires stone and cutter that gave me trouble due to me not knowing about Rick's wall jumping ability. I remember having to look up how to get it. That's not a problem now, but with my luck, which is pretty bad, it always takes me a while to actually get Rick.

Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago You mean

Spark/Ice

?
Whoops! Yep. Fixed!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

chachas are some of the best enemies in this game
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

It appears that raocow's opinions on ninja stars that embed themselves into people's flesh and explode have not changed since Copy Kitty. It always bothered me how you can't really see a projectile with that ability, but I guess Kirby's hand is just that fast.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

The Rick crystal shard was the only one i didn't get as a kid because I didn't know the operative ham huck could climb walls.
Also, I adore the fact that you can't see the shurikens mid-air- Firstly, because it makes it feel cooler when you land a shot even though it's super easy, and second, because kirby 速い.
ImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

This is why you shouldn't have stopped playing the Super Nintendo in 1997, kids. You missed out on this 2000 Kirby game secret because of it!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Kleetus wrote: 4 years agoIt always bothered me how you can't really see a projectile with that ability, but I guess Kirby's hand is just that fast.
The ridiculous part about it is that the projectile actually moves impressively slowly. The further away the target is, the longer it takes to reappear and it takes a fair amount of time to do so.
Bean wrote: 4 years agoThis is why you shouldn't have stopped playing the Super Nintendo in 1997, kids. You missed out on this 2000 Kirby game secret because of it!
It was really rather bad game design here. For some of us, this was our first game in the series.