(shouting)

Let's Play Minecraft with Hito and [AOD]

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Yonowaaru

Re: Let's Play Minecraft

Post by Yonowaaru »

raocow wrote:I'm going to join in on this eventually just so I can finally link something to someone when they want me to lp minecraft.Also, man, gotta find a way to spend more time with my space buddies!
Ehh, I hope you mean internet instead of space?
Otherwise I am as confused as ... ehh.. You?
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Dollop of Mayo

Re: Let's Play Minecraft with Hito and [AOD]

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

He was actually referring to

The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
Kleiner Kokiri

Post by Kleiner Kokiri »

GVirusG wrote: Here are 3 arguments against Intros!
All your "argument"s are circling around an opinion. An opinion is not an argument.
But meh ... fine, i'll do you the favor.

First argument:
It was Hitos decision to do it. That means he wants to do it and does like it. That's a valid argument, because this is HIS LP.

Second Argument:
Everyone who WANTS an intro will have his way. While you can just skip it with 1 click.
(and no ... don't tell us you're too lazy/annoyed to do that)

My third argument is basically a counter-argument to everything you said right now:
Just to hear the kalamari theme for 15 seconds at the beginning of every part is just stupid and will get annoying after a while. And I actually have fun playing katamari and I don't want to get my good music ruined :O
You say, by hearing the music you like too often you start disliking it. But "too often" means 15 seconds every 3-5 days. And again ~ you can just skip it with 1 click.
That's why I don't want to wait ANOTHER 15 seconds until the actual video starts.
No need to !
Hito also just had the title of the video in these 15 seconds, which is pointless, because I need 2 seconds to read the title of the video
If it's pointless, why do people keep using intros or even begin with it ? The reason is simple:
Some people find a series/video more enjoyable this way. It can give it atmosphere and personality.
And third, since when are intros in Let's Plays a good idea?
NEVER! Since they add NOTHING to the video!
I dunno ... since the AVGN or something ? Since 90% of the Nostalgia Critic guys have their own intros as well ? A lot of people on yt with thousands of subscribers have them. And they are prosperous in what they do idk xD
And no ... it's the same ! An Intro does not add any new information to a video. Other than maybe personality and atmosphere. Be it reviews or LPs.
So, again ... you only state your opinion.

And i will actually add another argument:
As i said already, i am for less editing and more "raw" footage. And the longer the episodes are the less you should be botheres by 15 seconds of footage in the very beginning (that is also skippable).

Well... so i will not actually vote for or against the intro.
Instead i will point out at Hito and let him his way. He should do what he want.
And i think for something so ... eh ... petty he should only put his own opinion and maybe AOD/green's in account.
Hitotsumami

Post by Hitotsumami »

Just about the opening real quick.

I agree with Kleiner in that it sets the mood and eases you into the episode (on episode 2 I stopped adding it before every part).

However, it is very difficult for me to say no to people, so at his request I brought it down. I like to make everyone happy all the time, but I don't know how to do that in this situation, so WELP.

Sorry peeps!

Also, new part soon.
Kleiner Kokiri

Post by Kleiner Kokiri »

Hitotsumami wrote: However, it is very difficult for me to say no to people, so at his request I brought it down. I like to make everyone happy all the time, but I don't know how to do that in this situation, so WELP.
I don't know you at all. But when the first epidsode went online, i quickly realized that you're a nice guy. And i also realized very quickly that you're not the kind of person that is balky (?). And in contrast to raocow you don't push through what you want.
I bet you heared that a few times in your life xD

Of course you cannot make everyone happy ! Ask raocow ... he can tell you that !
And this is why you might wanna speak with AOD and Green. If you're not the kind of person that accounts much on his own wishes, this seems to be the most reasonable thing to do. Don't you think so ?
(because you might feel uncomfortable if you decide this on your own ~)
GVirusG

Post by GVirusG »

First argument:
It was Hitos decision to do it. That means he wants to do it and does like it. That's a valid argument, because this is HIS LP.
Aren't we allowed to give suggestions?
Second Argument:
Everyone who WANTS an intro will have his way. While you can just skip it with 1 click.
(and no ... don't tell us you're too lazy/annoyed to do that)
That's the advantage of the internet. And I do it every time when there is an intro I don't want to see. But you can save some editing time if you don't have an intro like that and you can do a favor to your viewership.
You say, by hearing the music you like too often you start disliking it. But "too often" means 15 seconds every 3-5 days. And again ~ you can just skip it with 1 click.
You know what would be even better? To have different awesome songs to set every intro apart from each other. That way, it's more attractive to the viewer. But since that is not the case, I just skip and thus render the intro useless.

If it's pointless, why do people keep using intros or even begin with it ? The reason is simple:
Some people find a series/video more enjoyable this way. It can give it atmosphere and personality
Or it makes you dislike the video series and not watch the video at all.
I dunno ... since the AVGN or something ? Since 90% of the Nostalgia Critic guys have their own intros as well ? A lot of people on yt with thousands of subscribers have them. And they are prosperous in what they do idk xD
And no ... it's the same ! An Intro does not add any new information to a video. Other than maybe personality and atmosphere. Be it reviews or LPs.
So, again ... you only state your opinion.
An intro actually only gives your video personality if the intro is unique. AVGN's intro is unique because he uses his own personal theme song that fits to him and his videos. Same goes for Linkara, Spoony, Angry Joe and all those other people on TGWTG.com.
But, would you jump off a cliff if all those people would do it just to be famous? NO!
Nostalgia Critic just introduces himself with his own personal catchphrase. Just like raocow. Why? Because you don't need more then a "Hello, I'm this guy and we're doing this and that" at the start. Of course you can spice that up! But not if it's just plain text with some random music that you thought would be cool!
The way Hito did his intro was boring. I skip it because of that reason! Other people will skip it because of that reason. Don't have an intro if it's just that lame!
AND I FUCKING LOVE LINKARA'S THEME SONG!!!!
As i said already, i am for less editing and more "raw" footage. And the longer the episodes are the less you should be botheres by 15 seconds of footage in the very beginning (that is also skippable).
Or you could have 15 seconds more raw footage instead of plain text as an intro. HOW ABOUT THAT??????????

Let's Plays should not have an intro, only exception is if it actually adds to the Let's Play!
I gave Cybershell13 as an example because he listed every new enemy that appeared in that stage, with the complete stage running in it's entirety in the background. WHICH IS FUCKING AWESOME AND SUPER INFORMATIVE!

So, I'm still voting against the intro, not because I hate intros, but because it's unnecessary and annoying in this Let's Play.

What I liked in episode 3 was how he embedded the intro text into the video itself, since that actually personalizes the videos more then it did before.

P.S. I do not want to offend anyone here. I, too, think Hito is a nice and enjoyable person :)
Too lazy to be creative here
Kleiner Kokiri

Post by Kleiner Kokiri »

GVirusG wrote: Aren't we allowed to give suggestions?
Of course... but you also asked me for arguments. I gave you only what you asked from me.
Im not saying you're not allowed to have an opinion. But it seemed to me you're declaring what you say as absolute, by disguising an opinion as an argument.
And Hito is not raocow ... he's a bit to soft. To me, this is also a reason to give your request contra.
An intro actually only gives your video personality if the intro is unique. AVGN's intro is unique because he uses his own personal theme song that fits to him and his videos. Same goes for Linkara, Spoony, Angry Joe and all those other people on TGWTG.com.
Spoony never had an unique song imho. He began with this song mixing up his footage with it. Later on he got this flash of him punching everyone , which makes it unique, i guess.
AND I FUCKING LOVE LINKARA'S THEME SONG!!!!
Funny enough. I love raocow as a human being as much as his LPs. Or maybe i like the person raocow even more than his LPs. And i have a strong dislike for Linkara as a person. He's too much of a conservative, prude, Fox News Viewer etc.
Still, i watch his videos and respect his work. So, Linkara is actually that good, that i even can overlook his views and still enjoy him.
That must be somewhat of an compliment for this guy, i guess.

Or you could have 15 seconds more raw footage instead of plain text as an intro. HOW ABOUT THAT??????????
I don't think the Real World works this way xD
An Intro is added to already made footage. That footage has been recorded already. And it's not like they set themself a second-exact timeframe for their video-lenght.
Also ... i'd reject this anyways.
So, I'm still voting against the intro, not because I hate intros, but because it's unnecessary and annoying in this Let's Play.
P.S. I do not want to offend anyone here. I, too, think Hito is a nice and enjoyable person :)
And i still think he should go ahead and just speak with AOD and green, and then they should decide altogether. Hito might be a very nice person. But he is also to yielding.
It does not work this way. We can't vote on every little aspect of their LP. That's going to be a mess (and a bit stressfull as well).

I will also dismiss this thread and maybe the talkhaus for a while, since i have other things to do, and it got very busy here lately (more than usual, possibly thanks to the SMWCP thread).
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

There's no possible way to make everybody happy all the time, Hito. I know you know this in your brain but it's tough to reconcile this in your heart. I'm the same way, believe it or not, my crankiness notwithstanding.

Do what you want, ultimately. I'll still watch your video. The intro dealies bother me a little bit, but so does the Escapist's new intro to their videos. I just mute it or skip it, no big deal.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

You should make an intro for every five minute instances of video.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

If I ever met you in real life raocow I would shake your hand and hit you with a folding chair.
Cup

Post by Cup »

Personally, I liked that intro.

/two cents
Caracc

Post by Caracc »

RAR BRAR BRAR INTROS ARE BAD
RAR BRAR BRAR INTROS ARE GOOD
Television shows have intros to introduce people to the nature of the characters/show, TV shows are also 30 minutes to an hour long. If you plan to incorporate either of these two elements (hopefully both) feel free to tack on an intro, if not, don't waste 15 second of your 15 minute timeslot. It's for your own good.

As far as your progress goes, nifty tower. Although what BIG projects do you have in mind? Might I suggest a couple nice above ground houses and a full battlefort on death island? An underground waterway maybe. There are simply so many nifty things to do :P
Pandemonium Fortress 2 is my personal best hack so far. Go on and play it.
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

Build an elaborate trap-filled temple to sacrifice livestock in.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

I'm not reading half the comments in this thread. jus' saying.
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

Which half?

Disregard I'm included in that half.

Also even though it's been done a million times, build a waterslide. 'coz they's fun.
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

I, literally, hate the last two pages of this thread. :evil:
Officially voted MOD-IN-ABSENTIA by Talkhaus election 2014.
Kleiner Kokiri

Post by Kleiner Kokiri »

[AOD] wrote:I, literally, hate the last two pages of this thread. :evil:
Make a tea, take a nip and you'll feal better.
Hitotsumami

Post by Hitotsumami »

EH, I feel like having an opening, haha. I'll try to make both sides happy though, and make it more informative than simply the title of the video!

Also, thanks for all the suggestions guys. The next video is wide open for things to do, so we'll see where it leads!
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

So what's goin' on with this? Just no time for everybody to get together to do one?
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

DancingMad wrote:So what's goin' on with this? Just no time for everybody to get together to do one?
I'm afraid it's gonna take a few more weeks to finish the new video intro.
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

Be nice. We have displeased AoD once already.
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Actually it's just because Hito has been working tons of overtime and hasn't had enough energy to record.

@~[AOD]
Officially voted MOD-IN-ABSENTIA by Talkhaus election 2014.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

I like how your third video is Suddenly HD and then the second part (which isn't posted in the OP) is Suddenly Much Better HD, although you did cut a lot out of the third video and I didn't see the point. I'm game for watching you accomplish nothing, that was the second video right?
Oh, and bump apparently. This topic is too good to die so soon, even if you haven't updated in awhile.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Cirno

Post by Cirno »

Bumpity bump. What's the status on this? Still working overtime?