(shouting)

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - U R Not Red E

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - U R Not Red E

Post by Piesonscreations »

That ending sure happened.
I think I enjoyed watching the Crash 1 LP more than Crash 2.
ImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

More of a fan of playing Crash 2 than 1, but LP wise, I don't know which one was more entertaining. They both had their moments. This one was pretty good for "raocow misses a jump at the start" more than messing up at the end.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

The secret endings (and the plot scenes in general) of these games are really transparent about how they were made in a really subdivided western development environment where they were just kind of made around the game they already designed.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago The secret endings (and the plot scenes in general) of these games are really transparent about how they were made in a really subdivided western development environment where they were just kind of made around the game they already designed.
I'd argue that's less the case in Crash 3, as there are some more thematic links between "the plot" and the level themes they chose, but Crash games are definitely more about the levels, and just use the story as trappings for the minimal justification required to get you to go on a platforming romp.
CharlesSchulz

Post by CharlesSchulz »

It's like raocow said at some point in the Crash 1 LP, you can feel the grid in these games. The story and characters are enough to capture a kid's attention but there's not much of an attempt to hide the basic platforming skeleton. It stands in stark contrast against something like Mario 64, where the movement itself is realistic and immersive, and the levels are expansive and drenched in atmosphere. Crash is a game of running and jumping through corridors with a small handful repeating level themes. If you're a dedicated enough player to finish it 100%, it's probably a given that you're here for the platforming moreso than the story trappings, and the satisfaction of beating it is its own reward.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

CharlesSchulz wrote: 4 years ago If you're a dedicated enough player to finish it 100%, it's probably a given that you're here for the platforming moreso than the story trappings, and the satisfaction of beating it is its own reward.
yeeeeep that's me. when i got the n-sane trilogy, it was incredibly refreshing to play a game again that was literally just Video Game. no taking itself seriously as a narrative, no showing off, just a bunch of paths that you run and jump to the end.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

i have actually never played 3 not even for a minute so this should be a banger
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

All I know about crash 3 is that

it's like 50% vehicle stages or something

should be fun raocow good luck with those holes
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Leet

Post by Leet »

I would strongly suggest saving the time trials for loop 2, for reasons.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

oh no it's the smurf version of the strawberry shortcake villain guy watch out crash woaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Leet wrote: 4 years agoI would strongly suggest saving the time trials for loop 2, for reasons.
This is the correct take.

Anyway, I like Warped, but I don't think it's as good as Crash 2 was for reasons we'll see later on. Kind of a similar arc as the DKC series had for most peeps that aren't me.
Leet

Post by Leet »

Wasn't there another cutscene that was supposed to play
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago Wasn't there another cutscene that was supposed to play
I think the time trial cutscene overrode it
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Oh man posting this a day late

Crash Bandicoot Warped was one of the first PlayStation games I've played, and it was actually the first Crash game for me. Initially I didn't realize that it was the third game. So you can imagine my confusion when I played Crash 2 afterwards and didn't understand how the story connected.

And speaking of the story, something I don't get. Crash 2 was when Cortex started to look for crystals, but the beginning of Crash 3 makes it sound like Cortex was working for Uka Uka all along during the past two games, and possibly, trying to collect the crystals (and gems) all this time. So then what was Cortex trying to accomplish in Crash 1 if he was following the instructions from the mask?

Then there's the bear that was a star in the previous game.

But after charging out of the house with the other heroes, he just... stops there and never shows up in the actual adventure??

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Y'know those "100 computer games for 10 dollars!!!" CDs you'd occasionally see in the 00's? I don't know why those suddenly popped into my mind.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago And speaking of the story, something I don't get. Crash 2 was when Cortex started to look for crystals, but the beginning of Crash 3 makes it sound like Cortex was working for Uka Uka all along during the past two games, and possibly, trying to collect the crystals (and gems) all this time. So then what was Cortex trying to accomplish in Crash 1 if he was following the instructions from the mask?[/ispoiler]
The impression I get is that Uka Uka is your classic Sealed Evil in a Can, it whispered demands for its release and world conquest into Cortex' mind. Cortex, working with what he had available, set up a lab in proximity to where Uka Uka is sealed and created an army of mutant animals and mad science gadgets to conquer the world with, which unfortunately included Crash himself, who escaped and proceeded to wreak havoc before Cortex could dig up the evil mask. The plan was (retroactively "always") to release Uka Uka once he'd established some kind of dominance over the vicinity. However it turns out that his big satellite weapon, presumably intended in classic villain role to both unleash Uka Uka and to act as a global threat itself, worked just as well at unearthing Uka Uka by crashing into his prison-tomb directly.
Razzling
Maximum gay
First name: Josie

Post by Razzling »

Crash 3 was my first foray into the crash series, and despite a decent amount of gimmick levels its still my favourite game maybe just for nostalgia factor. Also you actually get to play as Coco, who doesn't love Coco.

The menu music is also my favourite of the series, as a kid I use to just sit in the hub world and listen to the music. Looking forward to more bandicoot antics
:trans_pride:
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

These Great Wall of China levels are quite fun, with an assortment of interesting obstacles to look at (I like how the rolling barrels stay still on slopes until you get near them). I think they're easier and more fair than animal ride stages in past games since you can see further ahead.

For some reason, the game gave Coco a jump that is extra high,

and nothing else in terms of abilities, in the start/end of the Pura levels (the only times you can have free control of Coco without any vehicle gimmicks). And you don't even need the jump. Is the jump supposed to indicate how high the tiger can jump? In the N. Sane version, Coco just has the same basic controls she does in regular platforming levels, same as those of Crash.

Two things:

you can charge while riding just like in Crash 2, and hitting the floating baskets gives you fruit.

strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

I can understand why people prefer crash 2 over 3. Seeinf as in the first 5 levels, only rtwp of them were regular platforming levels. And I'll be honest, I don't care for the jetski level.

Also, I've never relized until recently that the underwater stages are probably supposed to take place in the future.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

I'm sure Crash doesn't want to be without his pants because he doesn't want anyone to see his weird Rash Bandicoot.
ImageImage
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Piesonscreations wrote: 4 years ago his weird Rash Bandicoot.
I'm saving this one for a rainy day.

Also, now I just wanna see raocow play through CTR.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Yo-yos are absolutely unironically cool. There have been commercial booms every few decades or so where they become a fad toy and then fade out, but since around the early-2000s (after the last major U.S. boom), the technology started improving immensely and people have seriously elevated it as a performance art. It's pretty amazing what people who get really into it can do:

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

raocow, yesterday: there's no double-jump in crash!
raocow, today: *gets a double jump in crash*
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

If you wanted to, you can get the box gems within time trial mode, too. Of course, whether you can get all the boxes and a reasonable time together depends on the level. But even if you're not going for the relics, time trial mode has the benefit of not losing lives when dying

and sometimes additional masks placed in the levels

. And I think that in time trial there's a retry level option in the pause menu, might be worth checking. The downsides are that you lose your existing masks when you get the clock and there are no checkpoints in time trial, so it's best applied to places like racing levels where those things don't apply.

And fun fact about time trial in races:

if really wanted to, you can stop in front of the clock and wait long enough for all the cars to drive away, so that they don't get in your way.