(shouting)

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - U R Not Red E

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - U R Not Red E

Post by Grounder »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago I found rings of power disappointing because it means that ALL the bonus world levels are vehicle levels. There is no final crash level. The last crash platforming challenge is just Bug Lite (which raocow calls Bug Out for unknown reasons).
N. Sane Trilogy has a DLC level that fixes that, at least.

I don't think NuCrash 2 got one.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I call it that way because I wanted to bug out of there :evil:
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago I call it that way because I wanted to bug out of there :evil:

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

Rings of Power is my personal least favourite Crash level, more than Area 51. It's just so incredibly awkward getting those rings at top speed.

Area 51 was also not too bad in the N-Sane trilogy (since you can actually see now) but Rings of Power still feels awful.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

Loving this Diddy Kong Racing LP
ImageImage
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

re: "is that a thing in the back?"
you cannot interact. it is strictly Lore
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Rings of Power is a sad reminder that a certain LPer still hasn't finished Superman 64, like really it's been over three years and no episode 10 :ehh: :slow:

The plane levels felt simpler to control once I set up & down keys to their respective directions instead of inverted. Some people might say that it's natural to push down to ascend when piloting a plane. Yeah no thanks, I'd rather press down to go down, not to pull down a lever on a Rube Goldberg machine. This isn't Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Razzling
Maximum gay
First name: Josie
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Razzling »

on that thing in the back: I'm pretty sure that isnt just ANY portal, if you look closely it actually opens up into existing level portals in other parts of the game, that sync up with the outfit of the baddie thats being sent there
:trans_pride:
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

About finishing up the game: if you want the playthrough to end on more of a climax, I would say get the last gold relic first before the last in-level gem. The game will have a "finish" either way, but this will be a more satisfying way to end.

It's not good to ignore the small planes in the plane levels. It looks like they always fly by your sight before they turn towards you and shoot you, so you get an opportunity to hit them first. And it looked as if once you turned around from facing them, they stopped shooting. They might only fire if they're in your sight while they face you?

It might have been a good idea to shoot the swordsmen with the bazooka when they're swinging the swords. If it's a situation where it looks like you have to wait, the bazooka may actually be worth it. Like when there's a fire wall in front of you, especially if waiting for the fire to go away would lead to a badly timed cycle with the swordsman. (The arsonists can be shot with the bazooka too.)
Razzling
Maximum gay

Post by Razzling »

I for one, am looking forward to The Wrath of Cortex which will totally happen guys I'm sure of it nyoro~n
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

next: filler

then: copy kitty but this time with a floating spider man
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped - Death Animations

There's still a decent amount of Crash games I could see being played.
CTR and Wrath of Cortex are obvious ones,
but there's also Twinsanity which despite its extreme unfinished state is a bit of a cult classic these days.
There's also two different 2-D Crash games on the GBA which I hear are surprisingly decent.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
The Hero Hartmut
First name: Garreth

Post by The Hero Hartmut »

As much as I love Crash Team Racing, I personally think that the adventure mode drags on for too long to make for good LP material.
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

I don't know if CTR or Wrath of Cortex are worth it, Wrath was a good enough sequel for its time but going back to it now, it was definitely a step down in quality and has a worse problem than Crash 3 with vehicle levels. I think a couple warp rooms have only 1 normal platforming level even, and even those are a bit rocky in quality. CTR would just feel weird to see raocow play.

Honestly, I think the two GBA ones are the only other crash games really worth considering.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I saw this fanart come up on the Sonic subreddit the other day, and I felt I should share it here because we're coming to the end of both Crash and Sonic Adventure! The girls of 1999 in an outfit swap.
by garugirosonicshadow
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

MonkeyShrapnel wrote: 4 years agobut there's also Twinsanity which despite its extreme unfinished state is a bit of a cult classic these days.
raocow playing a janky cult classic? Perish the thought!
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

All I know about Twinsanity is that its music has caught my attention in a good way whenever it's appeared in an SMBX level. So I say play it.
Razzling
Maximum gay

Post by Razzling »

Man these crash 3 vehicle levels are getting kind of ridiculous huh? It's like raocow was playing a completely different game today
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

crash purple and spyro orange when :partygator:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

this iteration of spyro is now trapped forever in the demo world, unable to leave; only his alternate universe counterpart in the "full game" is allowed to continue his life.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Now I know what's the next game that needs to be played
ImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

does... spyro always look so mean in promo material, like that box art? that's not what I would have expected
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

Spyro's at first was a slighty mean character yeah. They toned it down in the sequels though and made him more just snarky and confident. The non-PS1 games are different though since different companies took over.

Anyway Spyro 1's pretty simple but it's fun, lots of pure exploration stuff. It's a lot easier than Crash as well, since the challenge is (mostly) in finding everything rather than difficult platforming.

Also people probably screamed about it youtube comments but it's not a Naughty Dog game, it's made by Insomniac (they also did Ratchet & Clank, and the new PS4 Spiderman game).
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago does... spyro always look so mean in promo material, like that box art? that's not what I would have expected
that's just american spyro
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Insomniac and Naughty Dog did work cooperatively together - that's why the first Spyro game also has a demo of Warped.

I remember that according to that one Spyro boss who shall not be named, there were regional/version differences with each game and there was a recommended version for each. For instance the first Spyro the Dragon game is best played in the PAL version since it has more music than NTSC.

And as for the conclusion of Crash Bandicoot: Warped - it sure was a rollercoaster of an experience where it cycled between really good and really bad moods. But, overall, it was fun to watch an old time PlayStation favorite, and we even got to see the completion of the gold relic times as an added challenge, rewarded with the fireworks.

Here's a toast to finishing the game and the PS1 platforming trilogy of Crash :unclebroadsword: