(shouting)

Super Mario 63 - FINAL FLASH (game)

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Re: Super Mario 63 - The Flash Games of Shaivism

Post by AuraLancer »

Sweet finale, bro.

Also I agree that the fun getting squeezed from this game has everything to do with Mario's abilities.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Re: Super Mario 63 - FINAL FLASH (game)

Post by Blivsey »

so like

rao

what if people Actually did that ASM63T thing

yes, that "a thing" thing, i know what i typed
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

i don't like how ultra-glitchy all the collisions are. you spin, and sometimes you get hit, sometimes the enemy gets hit. camera likes to wobble a lot.

but the game looks tons of fun anyway! except for a few spammy parts, of course, but that's par for the course.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago so like

rao

what if people Actually did that ASM63T thing

yes, that "a thing" thing, i know what i typed
my immediate thought was 'this game was fun but I wonder how sustainable it actually is'.
like I feel like a talkhaus game would make it so you actually have to play the game so I couldn't just rely on bouncing off of everything anymore, haha
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Blivsey

Post by Blivsey »

the only real handicap to the idea of a sm63 project (bearing in mind that i havent actually picked up the level creator in ages and maybe im wrong) is that I'm pretty sure you can't make, like, "level packs", you can only share individual levels

so if it indeed became a group project thing, it would be super awkward to have to input level codes for every level

But if there's interest... then there's interest... I'll make a summons thread later if I can. Probably nothing large-scale or anything, just a chill collection.

Anyway, fun game, fun thread! Not flawless, but there's plenty of messy charm to it. Also, the thread titles were the result of scanning the Wikipedia page for the number 63 and anything relating to it.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago the only real handicap to the idea of a sm63 project (bearing in mind that i havent actually picked up the level creator in ages and maybe im wrong) is that I'm pretty sure you can't make, like, "level packs", you can only share individual levels
From what i've messed around with, you can't, but I don't know what are the limits of how big a single level can be, so hey, maybe you could make a super huge level containing every other level, which would be an absolute mess and run horribly lol

That being said, I brought up the ASM64T thing in the first place, so of course i'm interested, although i'm not sure how viable it really is :slow:

Also, man, I can't believe raocow just rocketed over the hardest part of the level on his first try. Like, he's a great player, but I can't help but feel he got really lucky just landing right where he needed to, and for the enemies to line themselves up in such a way that he didn't get knocked back. Either way, props on finishing the game raocow! I'm pretty sure that the wing cap thing you only needed to press down while mid-air to start flying. I really don't get the issues people have with that cap, it seems really intuitive to me personally.
(And if any of you are interested, I posted a level I made earlier in the thread if you want to give it a try.)
ImageImage
Blivsey

Post by Blivsey »