(shouting)

Super Mario 63 - FINAL FLASH (game)

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: Super Mario 63 - A Lanthanide Flash Game

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Darkonius64 wrote: 4 years ago raocow scrapes the side of a Star Coin and then completely ignores it: the video

Classic raocow
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Alice wrote: 4 years ago
Darkonius64 wrote: 4 years agoraocow scrapes the side of a Star Coin and then completely ignores it: the video

Classic raocow
And in the same video he uses a FLUDD to navigate a room then inexplicably forgets it exists every time he reaches the final jump at the end of the room where it's fairly necessary to reach. (Usually followed by him falling down and using it to navigate back to try again before forgetting it exists.)
Okay, so I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice that. He kept using FLUDD where it wasn't needed, then gets to the one place it is needed and just... doesn't.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: Super Mario 63 - Flash Game Times, uh, seven. It's just math

Post by KobaBeach »

SpoonyBardOL wrote: 4 years ago So in this episode Sephiroth obtained the Black Materia and has summoned Meteor to rule the world!
what the fuck did i just miss
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

I expected Boo's Mansion to use the music from Big Boo's Haunt because... it is Big Boo's Haunt. I'm pleasantly surprised that it went with the music form Ghostly Galaxy; I find that track a lot nicer on the ears.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Re: Super Mario 63 - Stoner's Flash Game

Post by Blivsey »

like, I know I'm the one person who keeps being like "hey stop screaming about rao being horrible at videogames" but i dunno he did kinda just ignore that star coin after looking right at it
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

raocow has one of those men in black memory-eraser thingies in his room set up to go off every 5 minutes. Keeps it entertaining, and makes for great non-sequiteur commentary.

Boo's Mansion has to be my least favourite level in this game by far. The switch shine is pretty dumb and the red coins are a chore as well. I actually had to look up a video to see what were the effects. Good luck with it raocow!
ImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

L is real
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Super Mario 63 - Eugene Stoner's Flash Game

Post by Awoo »

Grounder wrote: 4 years agoL is real
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: Super Mario 63 - The Mishnah of Flash Games

Post by Ashan »

All of you make mistakes while playing games too but nobody wants to watch you play video games so there's no one to point them out
Piesonscreations

That's implying none of us are actually e-celebs Gaming Edition.

Also, raocow had a lot less trouble finding those switches than I did :slow: good job caocao
ImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Unfortunately bowser's time limit has now ran out and the world has ended. Kind of an anti-climactic ending to the lp but oh well
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Re: Super Mario 63 - Flash Game Shining Within Pisces

Post by Blivsey »

we probably should have been a little more concerned by those earthquakes, yeah
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

This looks a lot less annoying to navigate than the real Wet Dry World from SM64

Also this game just has WAY too many types of stars. There's the shines you collect, star coins, invisibility stars, metal stars, wing cap stars, and the stars you collect 5 of to make a shine. Even just swapping the invisibility/metal/wing stars with hat sprites would go a long way in clarifying what the hell things are.
Piesonscreations

I can't believe raocow unmade obama.

I was actually hoping you would stumble upon that toad, since you need to leave the room and re-enter it to spawn him.
Also, it's funny how you cringe with the dialogue, I actually find it endearing.

Man, you had a lot less trouble with the story star than I did, although granted, when I reached that platform where the bully is supposed to spawn, he wouldn't for some reason.

Also, one bit of tech that might help you raocow! The rocket nozzle won't recharge if you're still holding the button mid-air, so it is actually possible to regain another jump whilst still in the air, you just have to let go of the button and re-press it when charged.
ImageImage
Ashan

Re: Super Mario 63 - James Brolin's Flash Class

Post by Ashan »

Bowser in this game:
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

so i've been suspicious that there's some puzzle involving the secret passages that's been building up over the course of the game owing to the fact that there's like, a powerup star in one of the basement passages ( or at least, i think it was a basement passage )

the addition of another star and all of the fludd nozzles makes me even more suspicious
TehRealSalt
ring racers programmer
First name: sally

Post by TehRealSalt »

100%er here; there is... sort of something like that, but not required at all. The rocket nozzle is there for a SUPER secret passage that takes you straight to the top of the endless stairs (so, pointless now that raocow already has the 32 Shines to get past it). This said passage combined with the other ones make it possible to beat the game with as little as like 3 Shines I think?!

The invincibility star thing just makes it really easy to accidentally wander into another secret course (raocow hasn't played it yet), and I believe it's still possible to access without using it

The turbo nozzle is just there to hang out :pal:

EDIT: Oh, and the metal star you're talking about in the basement... I think that's also there to let you repress the water switch very marginally faster...? I have no idea. Let's chalk it up to "questionable Flash game decisions" :p
RudeGuy

Re: Super Mario 63 - A Full Hand of Flash Game

Post by RudeGuy »

i'm glad the bully-toad war (abbreviated B.T.W.) is finally over
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

yeah, as soon as the bullies had a commodity that was valuable to you, they "turned evil". uh huh. a likely story, toad
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Piesonscreations

This was the first level where I found it more comfortable to zoom the camera out to get a better look, I mean, you do have to take a step back and really look at the effects of the Bully-Toad War (abbreviated B.T.W.)
ImageImage
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

wow this game sure is glitchy, huh. glitchy physics, glitchy camera that likes to shake a lot, glitchy moving platforms that eat your jumps for breakfast (and still demand more food)...

but the game's still clearly quality fun despite all that! very nice~ (judging the gameplay, not the story- the story is extremely ow the edge) I feel like the project would've benefitted from arrows at every screen edge where you can walk off the screen to go to a new section. See: Wet-Dry World. Until raocow pushed against that boundary, I genuinely thought that was IT, and that everything was in the sky and you had to figure out how to use Rocket multiple times in the air to do anything in the level!

The only GAMEPLAY choice I disagree with is the speed at which your air goes down- it seems like it's WAY too fast.
Taigiry

Re: Super Mario 63 - 1986 Double-Overtime Flash Game

Post by Taigiry »

The first half of that Tall Tall Mountain cave is nothing short of a dick move by Runow (the developer) with the Metal Cap overwriting the Vanish Cap. If that's mentioned anywhere in the game, it sure ain't obvious, which is problematic considering Mario 64, which this game copies from heavily, didn't work that way. And you get to learn it over a bottomless pit for extra fun.
Piesonscreations

Re: Super Mario 63 - Groats in a Flash Game

If any of you were wondering, there's a Toad that talks about ground pounding in front of a painting with clouds to find that secret.
ImageImage
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

Taigiry wrote: 4 years ago The first half of that Tall Tall Mountain cave is nothing short of a dick move by Runow (the developer) with the Metal Cap overwriting the Vanish Cap. If that's mentioned anywhere in the game, it sure ain't obvious, which is problematic considering Mario 64, which this game copies from heavily, didn't work that way. And you get to learn it over a bottomless pit for extra fun.
thing is, that's a starman, not a metal cap

we've seen vanish + metal cap before and not only did they stack, but getting one actually refreshed the other's duration

'course i'm still not really sure why it overrides the other stars. thought the solution would be to wait for the vanish cap to expire so you'd have a block type you've be able to stand on
Taigiry

Post by Taigiry »

Arctangent wrote: 4 years ago thing is, that's a starman, not a metal cap

we've seen vanish + metal cap before and not only did they stack, but getting one actually refreshed the other's duration

'course i'm still not really sure why it overrides the other stars. thought the solution would be to wait for the vanish cap to expire so you'd have a block type you've be able to stand on
You're right, looking watching the part again, I see it now. Though this just raises further questions like why it plays the Metal Cap music and destroys the world around you... Not helped by the fact that the power-up stars all look nearly the same.

This game certainly made some decisions, alright.