(shouting)

Donkey Kong Country 2 -- A New Wind Blows

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: Donkey Kong Country 2 -- Fun and Work

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago
Awoo wrote:
Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago Random thought I had a while ago but forgot: I hope the video title for the final video is

_____ "credits"_____

Why not "Kredits", like the fake credits in the first DKC game? :3

Not a fictional currency

Here's a bunch of fictional currencies from games I've played if raocow needs one

ISK from Eve Online is InterStellar Kredits, believe it or not!

ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

There's an oversight in Arctic Abyss where Dixie (not Diddy) can swim underneath the Enguarde barrel and play the whole level as kongs. You have to be careful not to backtrack at wrong places, though, because the water adjusts at specific spots and this only occurs once per spot. So if you go back and drop down somewhere where the water is too low to proceed forward again, the water isn't going to move for you and you get stuck.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Donkey Kong Country 2 -- Fun and Work. Funky work!

Post by Awoo »

Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago
KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago

Here's a bunch of fictional currencies from games I've played if raocow needs one

(SaGa Frontier, no joke)
My thinking was specifically

the currency in Babylon 5, though I suppose credits are probably really common as far as fictional currencies go

Centauri Duckets :3

Centari? Centauri.
Potato potato
Tomato tomato

I'd post the Season 1 bloopers but it's apparently not available on YouTube any more :c
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago There's an oversight in Arctic Abyss where Dixie (not Diddy) can swim underneath the Enguarde barrel and play the whole level as kongs.
Funny enough, in the original US V1.0 release of DKC 2, the Enguarde barrel is actually lower,
low enough that you can't swim under it with Dixie, this was changed in US V1.1.

The reason why they raised it a bit is because instead Diddy could swim over it when it was at that height (Not Dixie).

So basically, no matter what, Dixie and Diddy's hitboxes underwater are just
slightly too different to completely block both of them with a single barrel.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
J. J. W. Mezun

Post by J. J. W. Mezun »

“Windy Well” was the level I was talking ’bout what I was talking ’bout a level e’en worse than “Glimmer’s Galleon”. It’s not just ’cause the windy mechanic is inconsistent & janky, —

far mo’ than the 1 in “Animal Antics”

— but also ’cause it’s slow & repetitive. While levels like “Bramble Scramble” & “Klobber Karnage” were good @ balancing their main gimmicks with other interesting platforming, this level is nothing but “time your intentionally slow movement to avoid bees” through the whole level.

E’en the bonuses are lazy: basic “bop a bunch o’ dragonflies” & “collect a bunch o’ stars with Squawks”.
Wenn alle stehen bleiben und anstarren
und sagen, <¿Warum musst du so sein?>,
schaue ich ihnen einfach in die Augen
und sage ihnen, dass ich von Fledermäusen aufgezogen wurde.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Something that I find funny about the bonus game themes in this game, is that they're both remixes of other DKC tracks.

The bonus game intro, Titular Tableau, is a remix of Swanky's theme, which is fitting.
(This is hard to tell in-game, since you can't actually hear more than six seconds of it.)

And the bonus game theme, Token Tango,
is a remix of the jungle level theme from the first game, DK Island Swing.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Grounder

Re: Donkey Kong Country 2 -- Brushing Up

Post by Grounder »

I ama munkey ook ook ook

I eet banana and physically abuse seels for fun
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

accurate
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Please do not mix up "invisible walls" with "invisible paths through fake walls", it's a video game crime :rao:
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Donkey Kong Country 2 -- Brushing Up, Brushing Down

Post by Awoo »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago Please do not mix up "invisible walls" with "invisible paths through fake walls", it's a video game crime :rao:
precisely
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Taigiry

Post by Taigiry »

Finally caught up just in time for on of my favorite and least favorite stage, those being Clapper's Cavern and Chain Link Chamber in that order.

Clapper's Cavern as a stage is very straightforward, but speedrunning over the ice is more fun than it should be. So while the stage itself is nothing special it's just simple fun to breeze through.

Chain Link Chamber on the other hand is for my taste a bit too obtuse with the secrets for my taste, bordering on DKC1 level even. The stage itself is fine, but the placement of the secrets less so.

And to complete today's stage trio, a random fun fact about Castle Crush. It has a really nasty glitch, which can go as far as deleting your save file. I also always enjoyed the Zingers dying when touching the ground and the Krooks getting squashed. Felt like karme, getting killed by their own traps.

As for this world's boss

will rao show off Kerozene or stick with purely SNES DKC2?

Grounder

Re: Donkey Kong Country 2 -- Brushing Up, Brushing Down

Post by Grounder »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago
ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago Please do not mix up "invisible walls" with "invisible paths through fake walls", it's a video game crime :rao:
precisely
No, no, no, Robotnik is in the other game!

(super loud at the end)

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Donkey Kong Country 2 -- Brushing Left

Post by Awoo »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago
Awoo wrote: 4 years ago
precisely
No, no, no, Robotnik is in the other game!

(super loud at the end)

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

pre
ImageImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

the GBA-only boss:

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

SAJewers wrote: 4 years ago the GBA-only boss:
not a great addition IMO, but it's not so bad.
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

SAJewers wrote: 4 years ago the GBA-only boss
When I was little I was so surprised that this fight existed. Cranky's "I sure didn't expect that" summed it up nicely.

It's not a bad fight, but also not particularly standout-y. Maybe a little carol-y. I remember it giving me so much more trouble than the rest of the game since I couldn't fall back on memory of the SNES version. I'm not sure why, it's not hard. Kid me was bad at video games.
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Re: Donkey Kong Country 2 -- I Passed

Post by Mandew »

man this game is already ending

it's a full-on, full length game and it's already at its end

this is the reality of non-romhack SNES
video games
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Donkey Kong Country 2 -- I Passed Gas

Post by Awoo »

Mandew wrote: 4 years ago man this game is already ending

it's a full-on, full length game and it's already at its end

this is the reality of non-romhack SNES
I don't suppose there's a post-game area that takes up as much time as 1/3+ of the regular game, is there? :sandwich:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Marcaek

Post by Marcaek »

if brouzouf isnt used as a title i will be sad

also looking forward to DKC3 when that happens because it's my fav
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

omg roacow these levels are supposed to be literally impossible stop assassinating my childhood
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
First name: Violet

Post by 10204307 »

I played Toxic Tower yesterday, and I was honestly surprised that it's way easier than its reputation would suggest, compared to levels like Red Hot Ride and Bramble Scramble which are definitely actually hard. I wonder what it is about this level that people had such great trouble with as kids.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I think panic over not being able to take one's time
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago omg roacow these levels are supposed to be literally impossible stop assassinating my childhood
how do you think I'm feeling ?!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
J. J. W. Mezun

Post by J. J. W. Mezun »

Something I've noticed ’bout DKC games is that they usually have a relatively lackluster final world. Everyone seems to agree that “Chimp Caverns” is the weakest world in the 1st DKC ( not the least o’ which ’cause it fails @ e’en having true alliteration in its name ) & while people debate o’er “Krazy Kremland” vs. “Gloomy Gulch”, I’d be curious to know if there’s anyone who thinks “K. Rool’s Keep” is a step-up from them.

Having said that, “Screech’s Sprint” ( which is, arguably, a different world ) may be 1 o’ my favorite levels in this game. An odd thing I like in ol’ video games was the resonance levels had with the same graphics as earlier levels, but with different palettes. In this case, the odd autumnal purple sky & dried-out brown brambles seem to say, “OK, now this is the truly serious bramble level”. The 1st half o’ the level has some o’ the trickiest & cleverest arrangements & the race @ the end is a great final test: the thing ’bout the Squawks bramble sections is that they’re quite easy

( e’en the “Animal Antics” section )

if you take your time, since Squawks’s momentum is based on his speed, & so is minimized if Squawks only moves in slight movements. But since this is a race, you finally have to learn how to manoeuvrer ( this forum’s spellcheck insists that this is the only true spelling for some reason ) Squawks while going fast.

So, now that I think ’bout it, maybe it’s just that the 6th world is always lackluster in DKC games — ’cause, it’s definitely the worst in DKC3, e’en if the 7th world has the world level.
Wenn alle stehen bleiben und anstarren
und sagen, <¿Warum musst du so sein?>,
schaue ich ihnen einfach in die Augen
und sage ihnen, dass ich von Fledermäusen aufgezogen wurde.