(shouting)

Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, this is a stick-up. Kindly hand over your things.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
churine
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your pantaloons

Post by churine »

Piesonscreations wrote: 4 years agoThat guy's chin freaks me out. It's actually gross.
Piesonscreations wrote: 4 years agothis is now the official kirby thread
ImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

at this rate the endgame levels will have hour-long videos (i can only presume)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

God bless Shakurel Kirby. Meta knight is my favorite of those
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

churine wrote: 4 years ago
ImageImage
ImageImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Looks like raocow's back. Speaking of going places, I'm actually going on a bit of a trip myself, so I went and played a few levels ahead of raocow just in case I wind up being too busy to play some days.

Anyway, I found this to be a pretty fun level. I like the bouncy platforms, though it can be hard to hit enemies while bouncing up and down, especially when the enemies are also bouncing around. This level also has those cannons, which interestingly seem to be on a different 'team' than everyone else; both Hatsworth and the other enemies can attack and be attacked by the cannons.

Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your post

Post by Awoo »

Is Lozenge the new Laundromat? I've noticed raocow's been saying "lozenge" a lot lately and it's super funny to me for some reason :rao:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

This small hiatus was a good opportunity to catch up on this LP.

Seems raocow lost a bit of his puzzle abilities. Lot's of mistakes he even admitted to, and oth non-optimised moves. Eh, it should come back tomorrow.

He does seem to be over relying on his laser a lot. It's costing him way too much energy, keeping him old longer.
He also goes for hearts when he should focus on filling his meter (turning young and activating the robot are full heals).
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Seriously, the music in this game is great! Along with pretty much everything else so far, it's a shame I've pretty much heard nothing about it.

Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

In today's episode raocow lamented at how the internet terrible humor has infected him, causing him to autocomplete into lame jokes (10:34). And a few minutes later in the video he reiterates the Millenials are killing X meme. (19:50)

It seems like it's always going to be Monsoon season for memes nowadays.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

That laser attack sure seems to take a ton of energy. Judging from the time when raocow used it twice in a row when he had a full super meter, it looks like you only have enough for five lasers at most. Anyway, these axe enemies sure seem to be giving raocow a lot of trouble. I want to say they're not that threatening, though as I've said before I typically just use the robot suit whenever it's ready, so most of my encounters with them end with them getting a rocket punch to the face.

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Cole sounds like he's twelve.

Letting him tag along would be child endangerment.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

In the middle of the fight raocow got hit and ended up turning young. The reason why he ended up gaining HP was because he bought "Coward's Comfort." Which gives you special meter whenever you take damage. He took damage and then it boosted him over the threshold into youth form, which comes with a full hp restore.

Lance was quite a silly fellow. This makes me wonder if we will see the bosses again later in the game.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your pipes

I love everything about this boss fight, from Lance's flashy animations to the music notes attracting hordes of fans which either heal or damage Lance depending on if you match them or let them get to the top. Speaking of music, I can't get enough of this boss theme. I was even considering not using the robot suit to avoid interrupting the music. And while I did end up using it, I may have held back against him a little bit. (I happened to discover a way to use the robot suit that appears to infinitely juggle Lance, but once I realized what I was doing I dropped the combo.)

Anyway, since the latest suit piece allows underwater breathing, I assume we'll be seeing some water levels in the next world (and if that's not enough, it's name is clearly based off of Atlantis). I'm interested to see what those are like.

Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your hookah

Post by Awoo »

So we don't see previous bosses ever again? I'm curious about silhouette lady from world 1 still :ehh:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

If I was available yesterday (taking care of cousin's, one is name Cole!), I would have said this:
Those large axe knights always do that low sweeping axe swipe. You should probably always come in jumping and attacking. They always attack as their getup animation.

Today: Kay, this boss was pretty funny and unique. Especially with the anchor and music notes. It seems if you match a music note his fans trample him, but letting one rise to the top has kiss fans hug and heal him.
While I'm a little sad to not see the mega laser, that juggle combo raocow did with the rocket fist probably dealt almost as much damage. This is probably the same strategy that Lunar alluded to.

I wonder if it will be worth it now to explore the swamp water. The area raocow remembered only had 2 chests. But there was a lot of swamp elsewhere.
Piesonscreations

The chin makes the guy 1000x times more unnatractive than whatever else twist they could come up with.
ImageImage
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

I approve of the use of Robo Laser against that gate.

I'm sad you can't attack the giant fish in any way. It doesn't even flinch to acknowledge you.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Hey, raocow, does this work for the sprite/emoji/sticker that you wanted for the cute frog? I can make an animated one of it walking too if you'd like!
rao_request.png
rao_request.png (1.45 KiB) Viewed 4683 times
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I think that could work, yeah
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

I wasn't able to say anything yesterday; I've been on the road since before raocow uploaded yesterday's Hatsworth video, and while I did stop somewhere to sleep, I still feel like I've had enough riding in a car for the rest of my life.

Anyway, I'm here now, and we're in the water world now. The water in this game is a lot like Mega Man water: it makes you jump higher, and there's spikes everywhere. There's a lot of new stuff here, from those wall enemies to the boomerang, which is my new favourite projectile weapon (although at this rate I might end up saying that about every new weapon).

Speaking of the boomerang, raocow didn't fully power it up in today's video. From what I can tell every weapon can be powered up twice, with the final stage being easy to tell because it changes the projectile drastically (the bombs become those square bombs, and I think the standard bullets also have a unique graphic at their final stage).

Weasleby shows up once again, and I found this fight against him to be fairly annoying; he spends most of the time floating too high to hit with regular grounded slashes, and a lot of his attacks make it even harder to attack him; when he sends out the spike walls he floats even higher, making it really difficult to hit him, when he does go down to ground level you only have a second or two before he starts charging around, and when he forms the two cannons near him you can't really attack him at all (well at least not without risking the cannons respawning on top of you, as raocow demonstrated). I didn't have a huge amount of trouble against this guy, but I believe I did have to start playing it safe towards the end of the fight to avoid dying.

MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Wow, with how involved that little platform ride was, I was expecting it to

lead to a secret exit

or something.
The money was nice, but dang dude, the game's really starting to show its fangs now!
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
LunarRainbowShyGuy

I didn't really have anything to say yesterday, and by the looks of things, no one else here did either.

Anyway, the difficulty is indeed starting to pick up. Much like raocow, I died here by getting knocked of the slow moving platform into the lava. I only died once, but unfortunately that was still enough to make me lose my beloved boomerangs. I'm hoping they show up again soon, because after going through this stage without them I miss them already.

I took the same route through this stage as raocow, and one thing I find interesting is watching raocow struggle with sections that I just strolled through with the robot suit. I used the suit in the section right after the platform ride, and although it had some trouble with some of the jumps (mostly due to the low ceiling; it's actually surprisingly good at jumping normally), thankfully it isn't damaged too much by a quick dip in the lava here and there.

Speaking of the robot suit, I can't help but scratch my head and wonder why raocow manually ended it after defeating that wall enemy. The robot suit is pretty alright at platforming, so there's no real reason to end it unless you absolutely can't get somewhere with it. Sure there was a gap that's probably too small for the suit just ahead, but even assuming raocow foresaw that with psychic powers or something the suit still would have helped with the enemies on the way.

Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your phones

Post by Awoo »

Ouch, quite the level :ehh:

Is it even going to be possible to get items going forward without grinding for money? It seems like just that level made it pretty much impossible to afford much anything afterwards.
Unless one of the suit pieces makes you get more money? The Golden Wallet or some silly shenanigans like that?
I have no idea since I've never played it or looked it up! :catplanet:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
LunarRainbowShyGuy

This was yet another difficult level. I died once again here, and after all the good things I said about the robot suit, it was actual the cause of my death. It turns out that when it explodes it destroys nearby destructible blocks, and when those are the only thing between you and a pit of lava... well, bad things happen.

This level introduces these wizard enemies, and when their almost dead they'll transform into blocks that will make the puzzle rise much faster. While they can cause trouble, I almost want to just leave them there sometimes, because I often find myself wishing I could manually raise the stack like what's possible in Panel de Pon.

The thwomp enemies are also new, and while it is possible to kill them, after the first few I just started running past them. Though I haven't been buying any of the upgrades, and at this point there is a clear difference between my damage output and raocow's.

Regarding the upgrades, it's not like this is a game where you have to spend your money after each level or lose it, and I'm pretty sure the intent is for you to have to save money over multiple levels for the more expensive upgrades. There will definitely be plenty more levels to get money along the way; just going by the completion percentage we're not even halfway through the game. That being said, I don't know if there is enough money to easily buy everything, or if you're just meant to pick and choose upgrades to suit your style of play.

Piesonscreations

This game seems like it could use a dodge roll.
ImageImage