(shouting)

Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, this is a stick-up. Kindly hand over your things.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
The Hero Hartmut
First name: Garreth

Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, this is a stick-up. Kindly hand over your things.

Post by The Hero Hartmut »

Two hours since the first video went up and nobody's claimed the thread? Well, I suppose I can do it, though I admit to having no real knowledge of this game.

EPISODE LIST
Henry Hatsworth - 1 - hat
Henry Hatsworth - 2 - tour
Henry Hatsworth - 3 - gear shift
Henry Hatsworth - 4 - jumping frogs
Henry Hatsworth - 5 - deadly rooms of death
Henry Hatsworth - 6 - five room
Henry Hatsworth - 7 - cast cake
Henry Hatsworth - 8 - bomb goes off
Henry Hatsworth - 9 - european wood
Henry Hatsworth - 10 - desperado centipede
Henry Hatsworth - 11 - tormentors™
Henry Hatsworth - 12 - matchbox
Henry Hatsworth - 13 - song
Henry Hatsworth - 14 - five houses
Henry Hatsworth - 15 - warehouse keeper
Henry Hatsworth - 16 - labyrinth
Henry Hatsworth - 17 - balance
Henry Hatsworth - 18 - elevator
Henry Hatsworth - 19 - pill
Henry Hatsworth - 20 - wooden ball
Henry Hatsworth - 21 - sliding tile
Henry Hatsworth - 22 - the witness
Henry Hatsworth - 23 - gear
Henry Hatsworth - 24 - bean tombstone
Henry Hatsworth - 25 - conveyor price
Henry Hatsworth - 26 - number rotation
Henry Hatsworth - 27 - spot the differences
Henry Hatsworth - 28 - bongard problem
Henry Hatsworth - 29 - match three
Henry Hatsworth - 30 - flow water fountain
Henry Hatsworth - 31 - situation
Henry Hatsworth - 32 - ant on a rubber rope
Henry Hatsworth - 33 - perplex city
Henry Hatsworth - 34 - juice and alcohol
Henry Hatsworth - 35 - markovian parallax denigrate
Henry Hatsworth - 36 - 4d cityscape
Henry Hatsworth - 37 - transport
Henry Hatsworth - FINAL - 38 - activepuzzle

This seems like an interesting premise, and the music sounds pretty dang sweet thus far. I'm interested in seeing how this unfolds.
Last edited by The Hero Hartmut 4 years ago, edited 40 times in total.
kurt91

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your hats

Post by kurt91 »

I played this one. Got all the way to the final boss, and then rage-quit at one of his attacks in particular.

This game actually has a sequel, called "Monster Tale", but it's insanely subtle about how the two games are connected. The main character of that game makes a comment strongly implying that her uncle is Henry Hatsworth, and that she learned how to be an adventurer from him. Explains why the controls for the two games are so similar.

Speaking of Monster Tale, the graphics for the main area in that game were reused for the hub world in Distorted Travesty 3, in case anybody was curious where those graphics came from. I hope that raocow gets around to playing it soon. It doesn't get as difficult as Hatsworth does, and the second-screen gameplay is more passive, being a pet-raising sim rather than a puzzle game. Imagine Chao raising, if you were actually able to call in your Chao for combat support at will during the main levels.

I'm only aware of those two games from this particular developer. Not sure if they did any more after that, but I was a real fan of the two-interconnected-games-at-once gimmick that their DS games used.

Can't wait until raocow gets to enjoy a spot of tea...
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I thought about starting the thread, but went 'Nah'

Man, I know next to nothing about this game. I haven't seen a single screenshot, sprite, or logo come from this game. This'll be interesting to watch something completely new!

The DS was a good place for genre mashups, and 'play 2 games at the same time' setups. But now that era is kinda dead now.

Watching this may be a bit challenging for me. I tend to watch Youtube on my TV, but through my Wii U (most convenient and fastest option). But when watching on the TV, I learned that the video automatically zooms in until the top and bottom part of the vid touches the top and bottom of my TV, so I'm losing a big chunk of the left and right sides.
I can still see everything if I just look at the browser on my gamepad, but I want to watch on the TV. Hmm. And while I do have a Smart TV, I don't like the OS (slow and clunky). Last option would be my aging PC that I really need to replace (internet browser takes forever to startup on that thing).
Or raocow can add black bars above and below the screens to square up the video size, but he can do what he wants todo.
Hmm.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

the primary character exploration in this game is finding out how many hats henry is worth
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

You people and watching YouTube through ad riddled apps. I'll never understand.

On topic, I've seen artwork of Mr Hatsworth himself, and that's about it. Oh wait, I guess I saw gameplay when the video for the voting was revealed for the forum. I don't remember it though.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

so, what's the new meme suggestion for raocow now that this go lp'd? Image
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

SAJewers wrote: 4 years ago so, what's the new meme suggestion for raocow now that this go lp'd? Image
hamtaro: ham-hams unite!

mostly so he can play its surprisingly somewhat direct sequel; ham-ham heartbreak, though both are good
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

i know about this game only because i was a big fan of professor layton, and then this came out and kind of vaguely reminds you about it, so i constantly was like, "hmm, maybe i should be playing that." but i never did.

and thank god i didn't, because whatever people say about luke's american voice actor, cole's is ten times worse.
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your pants. Wait, what?

Post by Awoo »

I'm completely blind about this game, first time I've seen anything regarding actual gameplay or stuff like that was today.

Still confused as to how this isn't some kind of weird Professor Layton related game.

Layton's top hat is classier, but I'm totally *not* biased >.>

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

I had no idea what this was so I learned about something new today! I'm definitely interested.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

SAJewers wrote: 4 years ago so, what's the new meme suggestion for raocow now that this go lp'd? Image
what are you talking about, mata hari really wanted raocow to play this
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

For some reason when I heard of Henry Hatsworth, I thought of Hatty Hattingson from Battleblock Theatre.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Cole actually sounds like kazooie.
ImageImage
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago Or raocow can add black bars above and below the screens to square up the video size, but he can do what he wants todo.
Hmm.
YouTube best practices says don't attempt to fill the sides. The app or video player handles that in software.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6375112

Grounder wrote:
hamtaro: ham-hams unite!

mostly so he can play its surprisingly somewhat direct sequel; ham-ham heartbreak, though both are good
Which one is the GBC game? I vote for that one.

I vote for raocow to change to a vertical orientation for the less than 25% of viewers who use an easily rotatable display.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

xnamkcor wrote: 4 years ago
Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago Or raocow can add black bars above and below the screens to square up the video size, but he can do what he wants todo.
Hmm.
YouTube best practices says don't attempt to fill the sides. The app or video player handles that in software.

Given that it's youtube's auto-adjusting that is creating the problem, I would say that they are full of shit and that interfering with that process is the desired result (though it's still unnecessary effort for rao or anyone to go to)

I'd moreover say that one should just watch these on PC or whatever in the first place if possible, for various reasons (I also seem to recall there should be an option to "zoom out" when YT does something like that on wiiu/etc.)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Oh man, it's this game! I played this game a long time ago, but I never got around to finishing it. I really like Tetris Attack / Panel De Pon, so when I saw that the puzzle portion of this game was just like that I just had to play it. Anyway, this seems like a good time for me to come back to this game and finish it, so I'll probably end up doing the old play along with raocow thing.

BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago
what are you talking about, mata hari really wanted raocow to play this
Every game lately has led to a flood of related recommendations ("now you've played Superstar Saga, you should play...") and with that in mind, since raocow now plays both RPGs and gimmicky 2-screen DS games, he should clearly play The World Ends With You :lol:
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago Watching this may be a bit challenging for me. I tend to watch Youtube on my TV, but through my Wii U (most convenient and fastest option). But when watching on the TV, I learned that the video automatically zooms in until the top and bottom part of the vid touches the top and bottom of my TV, so I'm losing a big chunk of the left and right sides.
I can still see everything if I just look at the browser on my gamepad, but I want to watch on the TV. Hmm. And while I do have a Smart TV, I don't like the OS (slow and clunky). Last option would be my aging PC that I really need to replace (internet browser takes forever to startup on that thing).
Or raocow can add black bars above and below the screens to square up the video size, but he can do what he wants todo.
Hmm.
could do a layout like this

which is i believe near the same aspect ratio ultrawide videos some people are uploading to youtube (like linustechtips)
Last edited by SAJewers 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

IIRC BK also wanted raocow to play this

I resent the suggestion it is merely a meme
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

oh dear lord WHY

raocow you are a madcow. You have no idea what you have gotten yourself into.

The game has an insane difficulty spike starting with 3-4, halfway through the game, and it only gets harder and harder from there.

also i actually like this game in spite of the combat monotony
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago
Hmm.

Given that it's youtube's auto-adjusting that is creating the problem, I would say that they are full of shit and that interfering with that process is the desired result (though it's still unnecessary effort for rao or anyone to go to)

I'd moreover say that one should just watch these on PC or whatever in the first place if possible, for various reasons (I also seem to recall there should be an option to "zoom out" when YT does something like that on wiiu/etc.)
Overscan is deprecated aspect of both broadcast and closed circuit video at this point in time. Fire TV includes a setting to mitigate issues with it as a nice bonus. It's not something that should really be considered when designing video or user interfaces.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 4 years ago he should clearly play The World Ends With You :lol:
I unironically give my vote for best DS game to The World Ends With You.

That said, it definitely does have an above average skill curve, but perhaps not so much that you can't berserker rush through it?
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Grounder wrote: hamtaro: ham-hams unite!

Which one is the GBC game? I vote for that one.
unite
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

AuraLancer wrote: 4 years ago You people and watching YouTube through ad riddled apps. I'll never understand.
Dude, sitting through a few seconds of ads for each raocow video literally gives him money without having to be a patapon. I explicitly try to watch as many of his videos on mobile such that the ads aren't blocked
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)