(shouting)

Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, this is a stick-up. Kindly hand over your things.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your pantaloons

Post by SAJewers »

if he doesn't there's always cleanup if he so desires.

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

raocow it's skysland

aka skies-land spelled really stupidly
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago raocow it's skysland

aka skies-land spelled really stupidly
or it could be an island in the sky, silent "s" and all
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Okay, now the two games are starting to blend together more. I'm glad raocow rediscovered that he can upgrade his projectiles mid attack.

I can't help but feel he missed something important near the end of the level, in that alt path.

I also have a feeling there are lots of secrets in World 1 that are accessable now, but the game doesn't keep high score lists like Wario Land 4, so I can't imagine why you would replay half the levels in a given world, just for more cash. Unless you're really hurting for money.

(Mod edit: Stop backseating, Sebby. Seriously.)
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

We're in world two now, and there's some new stuff now. There's the new wall jump ability, which I think feels really nice. Then there's the item that lets your gun shoot bombs instead of bullets. I find this to be pretty neat; aside from the tutorial section you're free to choose whichever you prefer (personally, I prefer the bombs). Assuming that each piece of the golden suit gives some kind of new ability, I'm sure there will be more new stuff to come, and I'm certainly looking forward to it.

The Hero Hartmut
First name: Garreth

Post by The Hero Hartmut »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago

I also have a feeling there are lots of secrets in World 1 that are accessable now, but the game doesn't keep high score lists like Wario Land 4, so I can't imagine why you would replay half the levels in a given world, just for more cash. Unless you're really hurting for money.

Well, you know raocow's philosophy with the Dragon Coins: if the game isn't keeping track, he's not gonna go out of his way to hunt them down. Same principle applies here, I reckon.

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Oh boy, here we go again.

I have not played this game. I was wondering outloud what could be in alt paths. Because I honestly don't know. I full well know raocow has no reason to go back, because the game isn't telling him too. I don't expect him to listen to me. It wasn't even a 'hey you should go back there' demand.

what exactly is the offending bit? So I can edit and change it?

ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, take your hat off slowly to the Shangani Patrol

Post by Awoo »

I just realized one of the sound effects for when you solve some things in the puzzle is also used in Lunar Knights. I always associate it with that game so it's kind of odd hearing it here.
Gosh darn it I love Lunar Knights. Shame there probably won't ever be another Boktai game :c
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago Oh boy, here we go again.

I have not played this game. I was wondering outloud what could be in alt paths. Because I honestly don't know. I full well know raocow has no reason to go back, because the game isn't telling him too. I don't expect him to listen to me. It wasn't even a 'hey you should go back there' demand.

what exactly is the offending bit? So I can edit and change it?

See, here's the thing Sebby. Personally, I do actually believe you on this. Contrary to some other people, I'm sure.

Problem is, you've already outed yourself as looking stuff up about the game to share in the thread.
Sebby19 wrote: 4 years agoI also read the robot has more attacks, but I don't know if you have to unlock them

Actually I was wondering when we tell raocow there are 2 secret levels in every world.

[*Has not played the game, would not know this from experience*]
So there's no longer any discerning between you trying to coyly drop hints disguised as "hmm 🤔" (which you've done, as I recall) and you genuinely wondering out loud.

e: big think :​?
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

with the way the game has presented itself so far, it seems very linear, so yeah, there should be no reason to ever return for levels outside of grinding for coins, which is something a linear game shouldn't force you to do :|

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago Oh boy, here we go again.

Here's the thing. Don't look up what to do! The whole point's for it to be a blind run. I'm getting reports left and right on you again because of it including a couple of peeps that think you should be given the boot again for doing this routine. Can you just talk about what's going on in the vids and not what was missed?

If raocow ever asks for that info, then yeah, you can put it in spoiler boxes for him. Otherwise, don't even mention it since it's almost always stuff that hasn't been seen yet!
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

And before you go "but rocky said he'd tell raocow about the thing", yes, I originally intended to tell him about the secret exits once they all became accessible. And if I had gone through with that initial plan I would expect to be lambasted and penalized for it because especially at this point after ALL of the discourse and your nonsense both of us should really know better. Instead I did the appropriate thing and took a step back to reevaluate my approach, realized I was probably being hasty, discussed it with someone else, and agreed to postpone the decision of whether or not to notify raocow until after he's had chances to discover the stuff on his own and the rest of the community had a chance to discuss it.

I told you about this plan, I specifically asked you not to make unmarked responses (don't bother with the semantics, most people would've understood it to extend to the full conversation rather than that specific post when I continued to use ispoiler tags), and after the very first level of world 2 you went tagless and very blatantly started alluding to the secret levels. I'm highly doubtful you wouldn't have found out the rather specific fact that each world has two secret levels without also learning the specific levels the secret exits are in, but regardless of whether or not you know that, you're still clearly trying to push raocow toward discovering them against the agreement.

TL;DR, Sebby, in case you ignore the above: we're fed up with you trying to skirt around the exact wordings and technicalities of the requests, warnings, and established backseating policies. It doesn't matter how much you or I may want to help make this LP go smoother, the bottom line is that raocow wants a blind experience and there is a time, place, and conduct for giving him nudges which it seems only you and some Youtube commenters can't agree on. You keep disregarding the community consensus long past the point where most people are willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're doing so unknowingly, and most of the time your response when called out amounts to just a flippant "here we go again".

For the longest time you've been on the thinnest ice, hanging on by the tiniest of threads, and you've exhausted the vast majority of this forum's goodwill toward you. You really don't want to burn away the few remaining fragments of faith that a handful of members still have in you.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I banned him again. If I had my way he would never ever ever be allowed back. Ever.

Let's stop talking about him for now though.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Mata Hari wrote: 4 years ago Let's stop talking about him for now though.
Honestly, I'm just getting really tired about all of this (not just sebby, but people complaining too), and would much rather agree; deal with this in private
Rockythechao wrote:

Instead I did the appropriate thing and took a step back to reevaluate my approach, realized I was probably being hasty, discussed it with someone else, and agreed to postpone the decision of whether or not to notify raocow until after he's had chances to discover the stuff on his own and the rest of the community had a chance to discuss it.

If I may add to the discussion I had with you yesterday in the spotzone, really he shouldn't be outright told of any secret levels he missed at all until cleanup, or if he specifically asks if he missed any. Let him see if he can find the secret levels first, then let him see if he can figure out that he missed the ones earlier. In my eyes, anything else would be spoilers/backseating.

The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

It's good to see raocow enjoying himself more in the second world than he did the first. The game does start off a little bland.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

I find it somewhat amusing that raocow keeps trying to avoid the bomb items, whereas I'm doing the opposite and avoiding all the gun items. I do appreciate that the game gives you plenty of opportunities to switch though.

Anyway, there's a new enemy type here, and they certainly do a lot of damage. While I didn't die to them, I came close a few times. Strangely I never saw them transform into the enemies in the puzzle that you need to match twice to get rid of. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I spent much of this stage marching around as a robot, to the point that I think I might have spent more time as a robot than not (I generally just use it as soon as it's ready).

Speaking of the robot, I like that there's a new transformation scene for this world. This time features what looks like a detective investigating a dead body, but then the dead body joins in the tea time, which I find kind of funny. Of course raocow only seems concerned about his ability to skip the scene; I suppose only true gentlemen like myself can take the time to appreciate a fine tea time. :toaster:

Getting back to the enemies, I do kind of agree with raocow that the kill rooms strewn about the stages are a bit of a weak point about this game. I'm not bothered by them too much though; I like to pass the time by seeing how high I can get the combo counter.

One last thing I have to say: while my memories of this game have faded significantly with the passing of time, As soon as I saw Lance walk on screen in the cutscene I remembered who he was instantly. Even as I type this out memories of his boss fight are rushing back to me, though I suppose that's probably best left until raocow actually fights him.

Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your plants. Wait, what?

Post by Awoo »

So does that scary dark lady make a comeback at some point, or do all the bosses just sort of exist in their one little plane of existence?
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

That guy's chin freaks me out. It's actually gross.
ImageImage
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Hey there, new boss guy! Yeah, potential lower jaw deformities aside, Lance is pretty great and I can't wait until raocow goes toe-to-toe with him.
SAJewers wrote: 4 years ago

If I may add to the discussion I had with you yesterday in the spotzone, really he shouldn't be outright told of any secret levels he missed at all until cleanup, or if he specifically asks if he missed any. Let him see if he can find the secret levels first, then let him see if he can figure out that he missed the ones earlier. In my eyes, anything else would be spoilers/backseating.

So, quick correction: when I said "I intended to tell him about the secret exits" in the previous post, I misspoke; I got that mixed up in the rush to pre-empt sebby's inevitable response. The actual hasty first idea was, as my first post on page 3 stated, to give raocow a list of levels with "noteworthy secrets" in them as soon as he had all the powerups needed to access them. Not much better in hindsight, but yeah.

Regardless, don't worry, at this point I'm absolutely holding off on saying anything until the point of discovery/request/cleanup, money multiplier or not. There's a lot I want to clarify about my reasoning throughout this whole mess, but for the sake of moving on I'll just say this: from the spotzone discussion onward my position has been less "when in doubt assume it's a spoiler/backseating" and more "when in doubt, check with the community". Once I became concerned about the multiplier suit piece in particular I had resolved to not jump the gun and say anything to raocow without at least consulting the community if not getting the majority's okay first, hence the stuff about "a strong consensus in favor of it".

Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

yeah, that totally should be left for cleanup, or if he asks or that (or he discovers it's a good idea to go back to previous levels, and you want to nudge him slightly without being too pushy about it).

It's just the way you worded it read to me that you wanted to spoil the existence of hidden levels as soon as possible, because you thought it was imperative that raocow get the item to make getting gold easier.

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Not often you get a plafromer that decides it wants to be around the length of an average commercial RPG.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

The levels certainly seem to be getting longer. Anyway, this level introduces another enemy type, and they sure are tanky. What I find most interesting about them is what they transform into in the puzzle: a big block the size of four regular blocks. So far almost everything I've seen has had some kind of parallel in Panel de Pon, but this isn't like anything I've seen from that game. I know I said something like this not too long ago, but every time I see something new in this game I get excited for what could come in the future.

Anyway, Weasleby shows up as a boss again, and I was expecting raocow to have trouble with that laser attack, but he actually figured it out faster than I did. I didn't think to jump up the wall until Weasleby did the variation where he goes up while firing the laser. Fortunately I was able to tank a few lasers with the robot (although that's probably part of the reason why it took me so long to figure out that attack), and so I managed to get through the fight mostly fine.

Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your platoons

Post by Awoo »

See you again on Monday, too, raocow! :rao:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Since raocow linked this in the latest kirby video, this is now the official kirby thread
ImageImage