(shouting)

Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, this is a stick-up. Kindly hand over your things.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, this is a stick-up. Kindly hand over your sticks.

Post by Voltgloss »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago So, the villain all along was actually...

n~yoron Capitalism?
the real treasure was the money we found and gave to the villain to fund creation of the final boss along the way
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, this is a stick-up. Kindly hand over your things.

Post by Alice »

Can't say that Cole willingly cooperating with Weasleby was a surprise but at least Weasleby turning out to be Cole was an unexpected twist I guess, lol.
SAJewers wrote: 4 years agoFor all the hype I was seeing for this game, I thought it was just ok. It was neat at times, meh at others.
My biggest issue with it is a combination of level length at times (quite a few levels felt like they were about twice as long as they needed to be) and the enemies not only being dangerous but incredibly tanky on top of that. Though the former issue would've been helped a lot by the latter not being an issue.

I also agree with raocow's issue with the upgrades just not doing enough and upgrade prices felt way more inflated than they should be. raocow didn't seem to come anywhere near close to quite getting all the upgrades despite completing everything which seems a bit ridiculous. If you've completed every single level then you should at least come quite close to being able to afford all the upgrades.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, this is a stick-up. Kindly hand over your things.

Post by Leet »

I mean, not really, you're just not supposed to able to afford all the upgrades in normal play, so you can do a bit of character building with what you want to focus on (to a pretty limited extent).

Also Hatsworth is still kind of a jerk
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Leet wrote: 4 years agoAlso Hatsworth is still kind of a jerk
Eh, I dunno. The whole game boils down to Cole being a brat about Hatsworth treating him like the minor that he is while simultaneously refusing to just up and leave him and live as Weasleby. There didn't seem to be anything in particular keeping him there...
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Leet wrote: 4 years agoI mean, not really, you're just not supposed to able to afford all the upgrades in normal play, so you can do a bit of character building with what you want to focus on (to a pretty limited extent).
I might agree with you if not for how little of an effect the upgrades really seem to have. The only ones that seem like they might actually be worth the price are the damage upgrades and those still don't help a huge amount considering how tanky enemies still are even with all of them. Red hearts also seem like they might be worth it but silver hearts seem underwhelming to say the least. The only times the silver ones are at all worth it are at the very beginning of a level or if you happen to have a bunch of hearts stocked up in the puzzle view. But with how underwhelming the puzzle upgrades like Hearts Galore are, that heavily limits the effect of silver hearts despite them being so expensive.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

Well, anyone acquainted with Cole's Law would've seen this twist coming.

Can't say i was the biggest fan of this game from just watching it. It felt to me with it being so combat centric, your movement options and your general combat prowess is way too limited, like, if you're gonna have as much combat as this game does, you better be Guacamelee but with puzzles on another screen. But still, it had it's moments.
ImageImage
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

That was super fun. I wouldn't mind seeing Monster Tale as well.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I have a Game Theory™ that the Hat doesn't necessarily de-age you, cos Cole's voice hasn't broken yet which means he's like 14 tops, whereas Hatsworth is at least mid-sixties and more like mid-seventies, meaning he must've been de-aged more than that. Plus anyone much younger than Cole would end up in Minusland which is no good at all. So either the Hat isn't de-aging everyone to the same extent - which obviously could be the case, I won't deny it - and/or the Hat is judging you on your intentions. Maybe if Cole had had a good heart he would've been aged up to an adult capable of acting on those intentions. Or maybe I'm overthinking it.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Mata Hari wrote: 4 years agoSo either the Hat isn't de-aging everyone to the same extent - which obviously could be the case, I won't deny it - and/or the Hat is judging you on your intentions. Maybe if Cole had had a good heart he would've been aged up to an adult capable of acting on those intentions. Or maybe I'm overthinking it.
Even if it is one-directional, it gives you Sufficient Youth to Become a Gentleman. Cole clearly needs to start over from next to scratch.