(shouting)

Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, this is a stick-up. Kindly hand over your things.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your hats

Post by Grounder »

change leopardon
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

J. J. W. Mezun wrote: 4 years ago I mainly know ’bout this game ’cause 1 o’ its programmers wrote a book ’bout structuring game code that was very influential to me when learning game development in an earlier life. It'll be interesting to see what this game actually is.
Been awhile since I've seen this referenced. I second looking at this. He has some good stuff in there.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I'm not surprised at all at raocow's performance with the puzzle part of the game. That doesn't make it much easier to watch though, especially considering that I've played a lot of Tetris Attack / Panel De Pon (for reference, I regularly play through the vs. computer mode in those games on the hardest difficulty).

Anyway, as for my own playthrough of this game, I've decided to spice things up by not buying any of the upgrades, both as a challenge, and also just to see how much money I can accumulate.

Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

I think raocow is doing fine on the puzzle end. Then again, i have little to no experience with these sort of games.
ImageImage
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Piesonscreations wrote: 4 years agoI think raocow is doing fine on the puzzle end. Then again, i have little to no experience with these sort of games.
The first couple videos were quite bad in that regard but the last few have been a lot better. He still has a lot to learn about not overcomplicating matches though. He keeps turning 1-2 move matches into like 4-5 move matches which wastes quite a bit of his meter over time. He also does a lot of wasted moves which either accomplish nothing or move him farther away from matches, though the latter tends to happen when he's panicking.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Nice that raocow found out some expert juggle combos in this game.

So some observations:
-Like raocow said about saving the Tea-time Robot for later (the tutorial also told you this), it might be best to also save your powerups as well.
-That X powerup that gives you the 'shadow-trail' seems to increase your basic attack, as I saw you were killing those Knights faster.
-The lightning bolt damages everybody on screen, and stuns them.
-Hourglass freezes them longer.
-You also were matching Hearts when you were full.

I also read the robot has more attacks, but I don't know if you have to unlock them. One of them is a dash attack, involving the R button.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

The impression I get is that raocow is focusing on a narrow portion of the play area so he overlooks a lot of easy matches, especially ones that involve pulling a block out of the stack and letting gravity do the rest.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
LunarRainbowShyGuy

It's been really neat watching raocow gradually improve at what is effectively my favourite puzzle game but with a new coat of paint. Anyway, these skull enemies are interesting with how the skull blocks they create can only be matched with other skull blocks. They can be a bit pesky when there isn't enough to get rid of them, although I happen to already have experience with this sort of thing; Panel de Pon has a similar thing with its Shock Panels (the exclamation mark blocks) that only appear after you've cleared a certain number of other panels.

Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

One thing I did notice is that raocow is overdoing puzzles. What I mean is that he's still on the puzzle zone sometimes when there is nothing left to gain, but I guess he's just having fun with it, so who can blame the guy.
ImageImage
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Ivy wrote: 4 years ago
AuraLancer wrote: 4 years ago You people and watching YouTube through ad riddled apps. I'll never understand.
Dude, sitting through a few seconds of ads for each raocow video literally gives him money without having to be a patapon. I explicitly try to watch as many of his videos on mobile such that the ads aren't blocked
Sorry for the late reply, but I really really hate ads. I have been meaning to set up a Patreon account though. I think I'll get on that right now.

Edit: :)
stormie
formerly maou shoujo
Pronouns: she/her

Post by stormie »

I looked up a bit of endgame Hatsworth to see what it was like
honestly because the earlygame was boring me? Not because of raocow's play because of the game itself. Looks like this game is a slow burn, the kind that doles out your new abilities one at a time. The platforming and the bosses in the last part of the game look WAY more interesting though. Now I'm actually interested to see what it looks like when the LP gets there.
occasional watcher of the lets plays and haver of too many usernames
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Watching raocow seemingly accidentally preforming what would count as a chain in Tetris Attack (where making a match causes other panels to fall and make more matches when they land) brought back some memories of when I was first learning to play Tetris Attack. When I first wanted to learn how to make chains my tactic was to raise the panels as high as I could without causing myself to lose, and then I would make a match near the bottom and hope to get lucky.

Anyway, that's enough reminiscing for now. Looks like boss time is coming up next. Ever since that cutscene I've been expecting a boss to be in any one of these stages, though I clearly don't remember anything about this game, because the boss stage is quite clearly marked on the map. (Speaking of my first time playing, I was a bit disappointed that the save files don't save the time last played, because I was looking forward to seeing how long it's been since I last played this.)

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

So up + shoot is a big laser attack, maybe the robot has an equivalent?

raocow is slowly getting better at the same. Slowly.
But that blue chest that you missed. Maybe it might be a good idea to replay the stage in order to get it? It could be just oodles of money, or it could be a helpful item. I just hate to see you kick yourself later if its something essential.
Last edited by Sebby19 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago So up + shoot is a big laser attack, maybe the robot has an equivalent?

raocow is slowly getting better at the same. Slowly.
But that blue chest that you missed. Maybe it might be a good idea to replay the stage in order to get it? It could be just oodles of money, or it could be a helpful item. I just hate to kick yourself later if its somthing essential.
sebby will personally break into your house and perform karate and that is not a threat, it's a promise :evil:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Haha, oops. Forgot some important words there.

But yes, play the game better. For your own health and safety
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

LunarRainbowShyGuy wrote: 4 years ago Watching raocow seemingly accidentally preforming what would count as a chain in Tetris Attack (where making a match causes other panels to fall and make more matches when they land) brought back some memories of when I was first learning to play Tetris Attack. When I first wanted to learn how to make chains my tactic was to raise the panels as high as I could without causing myself to lose, and then I would make a match near the bottom and hope to get lucky.
Wait, cascading combos/chains like that don't count for bonus in this game? Lame
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

It is possible that I'm wrong but I get the feeling cascades give you more super juice
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

The combo meter doesn't differentiate between Tetris Attack-style chains and manual line clears performed in quick succession, or at least if it does it's really subtle about it. The game does award bonus super meter after the combo counter disappears, and it refills puzzle time with each new line cleared after a certain point.

A couple timestamp reminders for useful mechanical nuances that were established in the tutorials (feel free to ignore these if you'd prefer to rediscover them yourself, cowrao):

Sebby19 wrote:stuff

Please don't make an unmarked response to this or remove the ispoiler tag if you quote it, but the game does reward exploration. Some of the secrets are unimportant, though, like I'm pretty sure that blue chest was just a bunch of money, and others can only be accessed after a certain point in the game. When it comes time I'll let raocow know which levels can be revisited for noteworthy secrets.

Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Actually I was wondering when we tell raocow there are 2 secret levels in every world. Or does the game eventually spell it out for you?

If I was playing, I would have focused on getting the robo suit asap. If I remember the first boss, raocow was absolutely wrecking him, until he ran out of juice.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
LunarRainbowShyGuy

So when I said I didn't remember anything about this game that was a lie. I distinctly remembered some boss that interfered with the puzzle in some way, and this is it (although I think it's safe to assume that other things like this will happen in the future, but I don't know if I even played that far). I didn't want to spoil the surprise though, so I avoided saying anything about it.

Anyway, this was a nice boss. I like the thematically appropriate attacks, like the champagne bottle missiles, and the person as a gun (which now that I think about it, I find it amusing that this man seems to have so many skulls in him). Also it looks like raocow's learning that doing the entire sword combo can leave you in danger.

And now it's time for me to reminisce about Tetris Attack yet again, because raocow has once again reminded me of things I did in that game. His speculation about a puzzle duel with Weasleby reminded me of when I would play the vs. computer mode back when I wasn't nearly as good as I am now. Back then the harder difficulties were too hard for me, so I would go to the options and set player 1 to a level 7 computer (the highest level) to beat it for me. If you do this though, the game rightfully calls you out on it and doesn't show you the proper ending.

One day I let the computer play in endless mode, mostly because I wanted to see it lose once the speed gets to the maximum. It turns out it's actually good enough that it will never lose, but it did turn out to be a learning experience; as I watched it I eventually started to anticipate how it would set up chains, which eventually led to me being able to do them myself. Anyway, that's all for this round of me reminiscing. Although if current trends continue I'll be back at it again tomorrow.
Rockythechao wrote:

like I'm pretty sure that blue chest was just a bunch of money

I had a feeling I forgot to mention something yesterday. I managed to get to that blue chest, and it is indeed just money. It's not really important, but I figured I'd mention it in case anyone was still wondering.

Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your pantaloons

Post by Rixithechao »

Heck yeah, first boss down!

As I said in the spotzone the boss fights are easily my favorite parts of the game, both for the awesome music

and things like those bean sprouts. You did a good job of managing them, raocow, I recall having some trouble with them during my first time through the game.
Sebby19 wrote:

Actually I was wondering when we tell raocow there are 2 secret levels in every world. Or does the game eventually spell it out for you?

iirc it doesn't, it's something you need to discover yourself via exploration or deduce from the number of inventory slots compared to the number of worlds. The wall jumps rao just unlocked will let him get to one of the W1 secret exits, and while it would be beneficial for him to do that one ASAP for Reasons, after discussing it with SAJewers in the spotzone I'm going to keep quiet for now. If the existence of the secret levels is spoiled for raocow it can't be taken back, so it's not a decision that should be made lightly. It'd be best to give other folks time to weigh in on the matter and see if rao might stumble upon one of the W2 secret exits by accident. I'm not counting on that happening, but if anyone's capable of doing that it's raocow.

Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Sebby19

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your pantaloons

Post by Sebby19 »

Then I really do hope he stumbles on them by accident.

ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica