(shouting)

Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, this is a stick-up. Kindly hand over your things.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your hats

Post by raocow »

I don't like to talk about these things but ivy isn't wrong. it's the combination of my patapon donations and google ad stipend that basically gives me a living wage :|
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago I don't like to talk about these things but ivy isn't wrong. it's the combination of my patapon donations and google ad stipend that basically gives me a living wage :|
What would happen if I made a giant playlist that plays by itself 24 hours?
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

xnamkcor wrote: 4 years ago What would happen if I made a giant playlist that plays by itself 24 hours?
Youtube stops autoplay if you don't interact for an hour or so. Could make some script pause and unpause the video every so often though...! And make it 144p so you don't waste too much bandwidth. Genius!
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Ivy wrote: 4 years ago
AuraLancer wrote: 4 years ago You people and watching YouTube through ad riddled apps. I'll never understand.
Dude, sitting through a few seconds of ads for each raocow video literally gives him money without having to be a patapon. I explicitly try to watch as many of his videos on mobile such that the ads aren't blocked
Does skipping a longer ad (I don't mean with an ad blocker - I mean by clicking or tapping the built-in "skip ad" button if/when it appears) reduce that revenue? I've always assumed "no," but could certainly be wrong.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Voltgloss wrote: 4 years ago Does skipping a longer ad (I don't mean with an ad blocker - I mean by clicking or tapping the built-in "skip ad" button if/when it appears) reduce that revenue? I've always assumed "no," but could certainly be wrong.
I don't know actually. I've heard both yes and no. I do skip ads with the built-in skip feature once the 5 or so seconds are up.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

xnamkcor wrote: 4 years ago
raocow wrote: 4 years ago I don't like to talk about these things but ivy isn't wrong. it's the combination of my patapon donations and google ad stipend that basically gives me a living wage :|
you know, some kind of 'raocow forever' would be pretty rad. Wouldn't even need to be through youtube specifically, just knowing that it's out there would make me giddy though. I have no idea how reasonable it would be to make. Probably not at all.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Well, you're one of the few channels I turn adblock off for before watching any vids, so yeah. The only ad that's ever annoyed me, and it's through no fault of your own, is one that came up after E3 that was literally four and a half minutes long. It loved popping up every night, and while I'd still let it play out most of the time while I went to do something else, that one was just overkill.

Most of them are in the 15-75 second range. That's manageable. Sometimes it's just those non-video pop-up ads ten seconds in that can easily be x'd out of.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

i'm a super impatient person (those who watched my asmbxt lp can attest) so i have an exceptionally low tolerance for ads taking up my time, so ad blockers are a must for me--which is why i'm on the patapon. i can't make up for not giving ad revenue to every person whose videos i watch, but i can at least hand money semi-directly to some of them. obviously it helps that i can afford to do this
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

About the video layout, you may want to have the videos be vertical, as the game actually makes use of vertical screen layout of DS. Sure, it may a bit weird to watch on a computer or TV, but at the same time, it should be just fine on mobile devices where layouts like this are standard, so here is that.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago
xnamkcor wrote: 4 years ago
you know, some kind of 'raocow forever' would be pretty rad. Wouldn't even need to be through youtube specifically, just knowing that it's out there would make me giddy though. I have no idea how reasonable it would be to make. Probably not at all.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=U ... o0s5yNQRJA
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Mata Hari wrote: IIRC BK [and rockythechao] also wanted raocow to play this

I resent the suggestion it is merely a meme
ftfy

But yeah same, this game is an underappreciated gem
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

imo the immense damage the ad industry has done to the internet as a whole is not worth the small percentage google is throwing creators. this is especially the case on youtube where they have in the past run ads for conversion therapy and such. sorry to raocow and all video makers, but i will not support google in any way if i can help it and i find this the moral choice by far. patreon seems like a fine way to support though
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ok

based on this episode, this might be brutal to watch (at least for me). so far not feeling this at all unfortunately
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Oof, it's going to be tough with watching raocow's fierce tunnel vision hindering him. There so many obvious 3-matches he was missing!
And his tunnel vision prevented him from seeing the flashing Tea-Time button on the 'bottom' screen, when it was available.
The only reason it went away the first time was becuase rao fired his gun.
Speaking of Tea-Time, how is raocow exactly supposed to use it? Does he have to use his mouse to click the 'bottom' screen?

It might make sense to switch to a vertical screen setup, as mentioned earlier

How long is this game?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago How long is this game?
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=4405

16 hours, 24 if he's going for 100%

Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Yeah, that puzzle tunnel vision admittedly bugged me a bit during the barrel minigame in M&L and I didn't think about the fact that we'd be getting an entire LP of it :kood: He seemed to adapt to the puzzle mode pretty well over the course of the video, though!

As for tea time, I'm sure there's some software -- if not the emulator he's using -- that offers a way to map coordinate clicks to a gamepad button.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Rest assured you won't always be apologizing for video length.

Or you might be, but for a different reason.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Also as a Brit I did kind of want to make this thread specifically so I could use British slang terms as the title gimmick, but I knew I probably couldn't be bothered to update it despite being a full NEET
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Rockythechao wrote: 4 years ago Yeah, that puzzle tunnel vision admittedly bugged me a bit during the barrel minigame in M&L and I didn't think about the fact that we'd be getting an entire LP of it :kood: He seemed to adapt to the puzzle mode pretty well over the course of the video, though!

As for tea time, I'm sure there's some software -- if not the emulator he's using -- that offers a way to map coordinate clicks to a gamepad button.
He still made quite a lot of mistakes and oops into a number of clears

As for the other thing, my understanding is that no DS emulator supports mapping buttons or keys to to touch on the bottom screen (though it was brought up as a possibility a number of months ago with melonDS, which he doesn't want to use because apparently dxtory can't record it and he doesn't want to record with obs if he can avoid it), and the closest thing you can get to that would be to write an autohotkey script to move the mouse and click on keypress, then using joy2key/antimicro to map a button to that key, all of which is way too much hassle. you're probably better off just playing mongolian style and remapping the face buttons or something.
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

When I heard this described as a puzzle/platform game I very much did not expect it to basically be two games of different genres that are linked together. This is so weird and feels so multitask-y even just watching but I'm super looking forward to this after two videos. I may need to get this game.
J. J. W. Mezun

Post by J. J. W. Mezun »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago
SAJewers wrote: 4 years ago so, what's the new meme suggestion for raocow now that this go lp'd? Image
hamtaro: ham-hams unite!

mostly so he can play its surprisingly somewhat direct sequel; ham-ham heartbreak, though both are good
I 2nd this.

I mainly know ’bout this game ’cause 1 o’ its programmers wrote a book ’bout structuring game code that was very influential to me when learning game development in an earlier life. It'll be interesting to see what this game actually is.
Wenn alle stehen bleiben und anstarren
und sagen, <¿Warum musst du so sein?>,
schaue ich ihnen einfach in die Augen
und sage ihnen, dass ich von Fledermäusen aufgezogen wurde.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Watching raocow do his thing in the puzzle sure is a thing. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I would get my family members to play Tetris Attack with me; there was a clear difference in skill between me and the rest of my family. I'm sure raocow will get better at things though. In fact, it looks like he already improved a bit just in the duration of this video.

Anyway, while I don't have any advice for this, I'd recommend that raocow sets up some way to touch the touch screen so he can actually use that robot suit that the game mentioned.

churine

Post by churine »

if it asks the mouse for the transformation and there's no button I could make a lua script to bind it to something, I did that for Super Star Ultra
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Well, touchscreen doesn't seem to be an issue today.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000