(shouting)

DT3 Epilogue - the cutting room raocow

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
moogy

Re: DT3 Epilogue: raocow and the minecarts

Post by moogy »

Implo wrote: 4 years ago Congratulations, raocow. I thought this battle will take few videos for you, but you did it. As for boss - I don't remember fighting him above bottomless pit, I think it was on solid ground. Was it changed? Or is it just a case of bad memory?
The bottomless pit has always been there.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

nothing more something than figuring out the main puzzle but not understanding where to go from there :I
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Well how do you get to a new ending

Get to an ending

End

Hmm :bigtartle:
Implo

Post by Implo »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago Well how do you get to a new ending

Get to an ending

End

Hmm :bigtartle:
I don't think it's that easy. There is a puzzle involved and it took me few hours to understand what to do.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

He said he got past the main puzzle though.
maou shoujo
devil girl
Pronouns: she/her

Re: DT3 Epilogue: raocow and the red circles

Post by maou shoujo »

A question for raocow: Even outside of the epilogue, updates have added some extra-hard bonuses bosses and areas. (Not naming them here or saying how to find them, because spoilers.) Do you have any intention of playing through those?
occasional watcher of the lets plays
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I'm also curious if he'll touch that boss refight area, that he didn't really touch in the 1st run.

And obtain more Yoshi Dolls
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

So this whole path into the cave system post-Abomination turns out to be nothing more than an elaborate way of

giving the player a code to enter to unlock the Golden Ending

One thing I'd like Zephyr to confirm:

If you know the code to open the way to the true ending, do you even need to beat the Parasite Core

?

As for what to do next:

The lights near the power core at the end of the Warship should be blue now

ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

So for those curious, pressing Enter on the title screen makes this window pop up:

Also used to enter codes for various game modes/modifications.
This is a separate gray window that appears at the center of your screen, regardless of where the game window is, and you can't reposition it. That's why it didn't show on video. It seems to be a text prompt supplied by default by Game Maker for testing things.

If you enter the correct code to advance to the epilogue content:

(if you re-enter it after you already input the advancing code for the same save)

Count Mohawk wrote: 4 years ago
One thing I'd like Zephyr to confirm:

If you know the code to open the way to the true ending, do you even need to beat the Parasite Core

?
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

oh man thanks for that. photographic evidence of what is going on!
Clyceer
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: DT3 Epilogue: raocow and the warship

Post by Clyceer »

The forgotten air dash mechanic is that attacking enemies refreshes your ability to air dash. It seems the attack also has to deal damage, so the red meteors wouldn't work.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago inb4 tank boy canonically hacks his own life's save file or something like that

to mods: if i am right this was speculation
close enough!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Your guess had me grinning, Grounder.

Edit:
For anyone curious about the scan info of the extremely difficult boss today.

Jeremy has none because he's not able to assist Claire at that point in time.

Chao
There's a weird thing masking some of its defensive data, but its offensive capabilities look to be wide open for me to read. It has two danmaku like attacks, some sort of scatter-missile attack that then burst into... ugh, homing missiles. Use bombs to blow those away. Oh yeah, dodge the big laser.
Dev Commentary
Prepare yourself for quite the fight. This boss probably took the longest to make of any boss fight I've ever made.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

raocow, you forgot to scan the meteors!

So, lore question. When did Jeremy get that undo, and how exactly did that code trigger his memory he can do that.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago raocow, you forgot to scan the meteors!

So, lore question. When did Jeremy get that undo, and how exactly did that code trigger his memory he can do that.
Well, he was told he had the power early in DT1 after escaping from "Distortion 1" by an unknown voice (it was labeled as "Guiding Voice" but could possibly have been the Artist). Perhaps the Darkness's "path-to-victory" function enabled it, since the program was designed to always have a way for the "players" to win and the Darkness had captured all of the other possible "player" candidates by then.

Coincidentally, "Distortion 1" is also the first appearance of Hexor. Perhaps the "undo" function was generated procedurally as an escape hatch against the possibility of Hexor doing harm to the Darkness? After all, it had to have known that there was a potential for opening Pandora's Box when creating a malicious hacking entity with access to high-level functions which was explicitly not under its direct control. If so, it was insufficient to save the Darkness's sentience, as when the undo was finally used it was already too late...

As an aside, I would have liked to see a Shroud somewhere in DT3, since they were made non-hostile after DT1. I imagine they're off somewhere mourning both their master (the Darkness) and their leader (the Shroud Lord).
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Yeah, even during the original run even I thought the absence of the Shrouds was a strange decision. I also wondered what happened to the fiery bat character that helped out in DT1.

I bet Zephyr's answer would just be 'Blame the Virus'
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Re: Distorted Travesty 3: Epilogue - Epilogue?

Post by Truhan »

moogy wrote: 4 years ago
Truhan wrote: 4 years ago I don't understand how Steam can allow all manner of garbage on their storefront, but this somehow isn't on there. DT3 in particular deserves to be a full-priced game, and ZephyrBurst et al. deserve a lot more recognition for the great job they did.
Well, DT3 is a veritable cornucopia of copyright infringement, so selling it is no bueno regardless of the storefront. It certainly deserves more recognition than it has, though; it's easily more expansive than any similar game you actually can pay money for.
That didn't stop Steam from letting a WoW private server be on their store for like 2 weeks.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

A subtle difference in the Warship escape segment: the dialogue would have ended before Jeremy says "if anything goes wrong, I'll try something" unless the lights were blue.

There's a minor thing about the Skyfall segment that bugs me. In the free fall part of the Ridley fight back in Metroid place (Gate 5), if you use morph bombs they just fly off upwards, to simulate how you're falling when the bombs stay floating (or fall slower if you use the 5-bomb combo). But in Skyfall they follow your altitude as you fall. And in Nightmare mode,

power bombs

fall with you in both places. Some people find bombs helpful in Skyfall, so I guess it's fine to leave it like that, but maybe the Ridley shaft could have allowed bombs too for consistency.

You can tell Deadeye is a fake boss because you can change equipment and use drinks during the fight (come to think of it, how come you can change Jerry's equipment while he's not here). :partygator:
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

raocow beating the Skyfall segment without ever remembering how the air dash mechanic works was great. These are the unique moments you can only get when someone does an LP and takes a three year break before jumping right back into the endgame.

The game has some pretty extensive platforming based around that mechanic leading up to this point, so in a normal run I don't think this part would have given raocow any trouble.
Implo

Post by Implo »

So the mechanic that raocow forgot about is - you can regain your air dash if you deal at least 1 damage to enemy. In this case to blue meteors.

So what I missed is second meteor section, pointless rings and very difficult boss. But to be honest, I don't know how I feel about refighting Abomination just to do something different at the end. For raocow it will take another 3 hours recording. Well, good luck, raocow.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

The flower is from Azure Strike Gunvolt.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Implo wrote: 4 years agoBut to be honest, I don't know how I feel about refighting Abomination just to do something different at the end. For raocow it will take another 3 hours recording. Well, good luck, raocow.
The text said that you need to enter the Abomination during its first phase.

The original plan, in fact, was to have this "Round 2" be a replica of the original Abomination fight (with the instruments moved to the spots), but if you fight it normally and move past phase 1, you would get an instant game over. So you were supposed to be able to attack the weak spots while enough instruments were lit, just like in the original fight, but for some reason this wasn't implemented. If you scan the weak spots, you can see Jeremy and Chao saying the same thing they said in the original fight.

During the flower virus fight, the yellow dot instead of Chao is the mouse cursor; you move it and Chao follows you there. It was made this way so that Chao pauses when you pause the game, so that you don't just pause the game and get a free move across the screen.
raocow

Post by raocow »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago
During the flower virus fight, the yellow dot instead of Chao is the mouse cursor; you move it and Chao follows you there. It was made this way so that Chao pauses when you pause the game, so that you don't just pause the game and get a free move across the screen.
hah, I hadn't thought of that
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

How is a player supposed to react to the wheel and explosion combo to avoid getting hit, exactly?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

The explosions are horizontal, then vertical. It's tempting to treat them like they happen simultaneously, but in cases like that you may have to handle them separately.

Basically during the laser wheel you want to first and foremost follow the wheel, and then in the process you try to go between the bullets.