(shouting)

BROS

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

BROS

Post by SAJewers »

i'm totally gonna forget to update this thread when raocow goes back to this

BROS
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Re: BROS

Post by Grounder »

Suffering from early onset Alzheimer's, a lost and frightened Luigi aimlessly wanders the Mushroom Kingdom, searching in vain for the man whose name he can no longer remember, but knows in his heart is his brother.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

so yeah, for the record, I'm planning to use this as a modern Big Fish Legend as a thing to play between things. Like after a game is done I can pull this up and give it another couple of runs.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago so yeah, for the record, I'm planning to use this as a modern Big Fish Legend as a thing to play between things. Like after a game is done I can pull this up and give it another couple of runs.
how can a plumber and a crab ever be a friend
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago so yeah, for the record, I'm planning to use this as a modern Big Fish Legend as a thing to play between things. Like after a game is done I can pull this up and give it another couple of runs.
This is the greatest possible implementation, thank you.

Fun "Mario" Fact's:
All the music here is ports of various classical music. Probably because they're all royalty-free.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Filbi
A Hobbit
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Filbi »

I like how raocow's first RPG, Master System, Virtual Boy, and Atari LPs all happened in the same month.
I change this sig every year for Advent
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Just to clarify for some (in case there might be confusion), this is for the Atari 8-bit family of computers, not the 2600/5200/7800 or anything

also the game is on archive.org if anyone wants to play it
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

This is how it feels to end a level on BROS
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/15141
ImageImage
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

I almost wish you'd have kept that secret, then we'd be surprised when it comes around the second time!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

that's fair :(
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

So every time you die, your timer resets. Therefore, the route to the highest score must be "tank a life at the end of some of the stages before finishing them".
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I regret already making the joke about Bros the 80s British boy band

not that it was much of a joke
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Ok so after much high-level analysis I think these clowns Image fall off ledges whilst these jerks Image do not. But I completely understand why you failed to notice because neither of them actually look like anything,
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Ivy wrote: 4 years ago Fun "Mario" Fact's:
All the music here is ports of various classical music. Probably because they're all royalty-free.
Everything about this game really screams "we wouldn't want to infringe on anyone's copyright"
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

oh boooooooooy bad bootlegs

when you get back to this i highly recommend savestates because it's not forgiving now and it's not going to lighten up later

for instance, the final level is an invisible maze and navigating it within the timer is extremely difficult

call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

aww i can see there was care put in making the graphics and stuff look good— and i find that supers endearing here∗ ͙ ⃰ does the game have like vocal audio clips‽‽ i didnt think that was possible on that kind of technology⁝⁛⁙

i did laugh when i saw how the entire game has to pause for a few frames every time you bonk on a block▸▸maybe that was done to recreate the way mario lingers in the air for a bit when he bonks against a block? oh and i love how it seems like you can only collect coins if you happen to be aligned with their grid square, so you can like pass through a cluster of coins and only grab like two⚟ ahh i love this stuff because it lead to peeps to think of creative ways to remake complex systems on more basic hardware— like all the NES bootlegs of SNES games had to do ♡♡
ImageImage
churine
Pronouns: she/her

Post by churine »

so is there a way to continue, or a cheat to reset your lives/unlimited for savestates or something? the game is not very playable otherwise (especially savestating with only one life in later levels may make it unwinnable)
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

When you save state, notice how that line ends with "\"? And a square-ish thing? The square is a cursor. You need to type a name for the save?
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I guess I know what game to add to my unfinished LPs list
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: THEY CALL HIM BROS

Post by Awoo »

Kind of reminds me of The Great Giana sisters. Speaking of which, didn't you get a copy of the DS remake one year in the Christmas box raocow? It's honestly my favorite DS game, as weird as that may sound, but I have my reasons :pal:

I remember hearing about this game *years* ago, but I have no idea where or why it came from. So weird to see something again after so many years and just have a faint glimmer of what the heck it is. Gotta love the brain destroying sound effect when you're not PERFECTLY in line with the box you want to get a coin from.

your BROS is in another house!

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

UUUHH!!
Mea

Post by Mea »

I FOUND IT! I finally found it. I'm talking, of course, about the music played during the main menu of the game. The other two music were easy to identify, Minuets in G Major and g minor for the above and under ground levels, respectively. Those two were thought to be written by Bach but were later discovered to be written by Christian Petzold, another Baroque composer.

This one though, the main menu, took awhile to find and I was giving up until I thought to go through the collection of Bach's pieces that the above two were part of, the "Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach", a collection of (mostly) his music collected in two notebooks that he gave to his second wife. The title of the piece is the Aria "So oft ich meine Tobackspfeife", which seems to be translated, if not necessary literally, to: Enlightening Thoughts of a Tobacco Smoker. Haha, what?? It's a rather humorous song about some guy contemplating various aspects of life by comparing it to the pipe he's smoking. It ends with:

Thus o’er my pipe in contemplation
Of such things – I can constantly
Indulge in fruitful meditation,
And so, puffing contentedly,
On land, at sea, at home, abroad,
I smoke my pipe and worship God.

And here's a video of someone singing it with some English Subtitles that I found. It's not a complete version, for some reason, so if you're really curious about the full words, I'd suggest looking them up on Google.

Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Mea wrote: 4 years ago I FOUND IT! I finally found it. I'm talking, of course, about the music played during the main menu of the game. The other two music were easy to identify, Minuets in G Major and g minor for the above and under ground levels, respectively. Those two were thought to be written by Bach but were later discovered to be written by Christian Petzold, another Baroque composer.
Oh my god, this is almost as striking of a discovery as when the iconic Hotel Mario theme (played during the intro cutscene) was found to be a remix of some song from the 1930's.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

will this be the evo weekend spectacular? place your bets now!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

My favorite part of classical music being shoved into old PC games for no reason still remains Dragon Slayer having notes of Scott Joplin's The Entertainer be your footstep noises.

Followed by the GB port getting Antonin Dvorak's Slavonic Dance No.7 in C minor Op.46 as the only piece of music playing across the entire main game a la Hydlide because Epoch is extremely good at making games that can't be finished in an actual original GB due to no password feature as well as the GB running on AA batteries instead of a rechargable battery.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*