(shouting)

Unfinished raocow LPs

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Sebby19

Unfinished raocow LPs

Post by Sebby19 »

So I guess to complete the trilogy of 'resource topics' (those being "Things raocow Has Featured In" and the "complete LP topics list (WIP)"), this is just a simple list of LPs/games raocow played for us for a significant length of time, but stopped playing, for various reasons. This includes games where the LP is on 'haitus', but rao has promised will be returned to. Otherwise they've been abandoned forever

Current list is in pseudo-chronological order (I would like to make it perfectly chronological, eventually).

I will definitely appreciate help to fill in any gaps!
Last edited by Sebby19 4 years ago, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Re: Unfinished raocow LPs

Post by tangy »

this is the rudest thread i've ever seen
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

I have many questions and all of them are angry so i'm just going to pick the most pertinent one:

Do you really need to add in Superstar Saga as a joke, because the vibe i'm getting is that raocow himself is already pretty aware of how many people he's upsetting trying to learn it.

This is basically the equivalent of going into his house and soldering down a big ol' sign saying "HEY YOU SUCK, MY DUDE", and I don't think he needs that with the issues he's already having to deal with.
Donut

Post by Donut »

To say nothing of whether or not this thread is necessary or tasteful, isn't it a little unfair to add Shovel Knight when the King Knight expansion isn't even out yet?
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Some stuff shouldn't be on that list because of reasons mentioned by others, but also because Copy Kitty and Distorted Travesty 3 are alreay on the coming up next list (and King of Cards is guaranteed to be on there), so w

Also not playing the game again as another character or in another mode really doesn't count as not finishing it and there are plenty of games like that raocow has lp'd (Symphony of the Night, Mega Man 9, 10, X5, ZX, ZXA and probably others)

Although I do remember a game raocow has technically not finished: JUMP.
Ignoring the savestate usage in The Depraved Stronghold; he has skipped Shell Sticker by using Yoshi (which is intended), but he hasn't beaten 1F8 , so he only has 124 exits.
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 4 years ago as another character
I have a hunch that sebby just made a thread about wanting raocow to play soldexus as the other character and then wrapped everything else around it so as to make it seem less like a begpost. Just a hunch though

Ninja edit: inserted some words which i forgot
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Soldexus (Ava's side of the game to play)
Go away, you goblin.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I don't understand how it's rude at all. LPs like MariAri, Valdis Story and Doomsday are interesting and notable for this reason. There's nothing rude or judgmental about talking about them, and there's no blame stated.

I don't think most of the other games should be on here, though. raocow outright quitting an LP and raocow returning to a game after the initial LP was finished are completely different things.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

M&L being on the list is just meant to be a gentle jab at Leet. I'll remove now since the joke has expired.

I've had this topic in my head for years, finally glad to get it out of my head. The mental list I've been keeping has changed over time, for example Mibibli's Quest used to be in there, until rao came back to finish the finished game.

Should I include the first JUMP on the list, as Super Maks 64 mentioned? I'll have to rewatch the last few episodes, but I don't feel comfortable including a game that only had 1 level unbeaten. There's plenty of game rao didn't 100%, but have had satisfying conclusions.

I'm not putting any of the Megaman stuff since 'All the x' stuff is a very different beast. That said, Super Maks reminded me that rao intends to come back to that one Megaman Rush Marine game someday, for a full LP. Once I look up the official name, it's going there right away.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Added Mega Man Rush Marine to the list.

And I thought Shovel Knight: King of Cards was already out. It still isn't?

I definitely want this to be a community-made list, rather than just MY list, so I look forward to any future suggestions.

I should link these games to their topic's, eh?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Unfinished raocow LPz

Post by Awoo »

raocow technically never 100%'ed Full Boar, but that's just the door that you can finally enter after you defeat the eldritch horror. I doubt that counts since he considered it done though.
Sebby19 wrote: [*]Hina's Fluffy Dream (post-game left to do)
So Hina's Fluffy Duck doesn't count? :catplanet:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Hina's Fluffy Duck? What? If this is a joke, I don't get it. Sorry.

Try to think of games that have pretty significant portions left unplayed.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Unfinish raocow LPs

Post by Awoo »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago Hina's Fluffy Duck? What? If this is a joke, I don't get it. Sorry.

Try to think of games that have pretty significant portions left unplayed.

Yeah, it's just a silly joke about how raocow decided to play a duck game

and explains where Ducky went

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Ah, okay.
Also adding Wario Land 3, since rao stated he will return to collect all the music coins in the far future.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

funny enough, I had sortra already done this a while back (as part of a larger list, which became raocow's "bucket list"), though I didn't include a few things on that list (mainly things he confirmed he would return to and things where he didn't explicitly say he would not come back to).
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i know for a fact stuffed animal adventure was never completed
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago i know for a fact stuffed animal adventure was never completed
Added
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Doing an LP that isn't a 100% LP isn't an "unfinished" LP.

Same with alternate modes/characters. Same with DLC.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Somehow, I don't see a return to Soldexus happening. As I understand it, that LP was a disaster, I got the impression that neither he nor the community at large *liked* the game in the first place, and I somehow doubt playing as the other character would change many minds.

But hey, maybe he will.

:monstrosity:
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

yeah, it's highly unlikely that Mari Ari/CBC/Soldexus/Valdis Story/SMD will ever be returned to.

SK shouldn't count as it's DLC (otherwise you'll be adding in a bunch more games), while DT3 and CK are already on the coming up next list.

For reference, here's the list I had come up with, which raocow used to make his bucket list
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Add me to the list of people that think it should just count LPs dropped in the middle of the main campaign and confirmed hiatuses, not unplayed postgames, upcoming expansions (unless the other threads have set a precedent for counting the different playthroughs of games like Shovel Knight as part of the same LP), or alternate characters and modes he hasn't expressed any interest or plans to play.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
churine
Pronouns: she/her

Post by churine »

alternate playthoughs are kind of by definition different lps, anyways
an lp that stops intently with raocow satisfied of his original goal is concluded, maybe not the *best* ending or whatever, but within the scope of the playthrouh it is finished

the exception is I would count hina's fluffy postgame as dropped because he did start it fully planning to go through it and made a video; and i'd say it's historically significant of his experiences with desunoya

maybe that'd be inconsistent with something like Hollow Knight (willingly stopped at the super hard true arena postpostgame extra because it was padding from other projects) but eh (maybe that could be counted anyways)

non-permanent hiatuses and other things that are just upcoming don't seem right to count? they're just in the back
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

yall are taking this way too seriously

just roll your eyes if you think this is a faulty list and move on
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Rockythechao wrote: 4 years ago Add me to the list of people that think it should just count LPs dropped in the middle of the main campaign and confirmed hiatuses, not unplayed postgames, upcoming expansions (unless the other threads have set a precedent for counting the different playthroughs of games like Shovel Knight as part of the same LP), or alternate characters and modes he hasn't expressed any interest or plans to play.
That's the main reason Shovel Knight is there, for now.

But like Grounder said, don't take this list too seriously (I mean look at the last item on the list). It's just supposed to be for a bit of fun, especially in it's WIP status.
This thing has been stewing in my mind for too long, and I finally got the motivation to finally put it out there for scrutiny. I probably should have done this some time ago, but oh well.

There is a bit of a fine line regarding games with mutiple playable characters. Maybe that line can be determined by how much their playthrough changes the game itself, level and storywise?

Either way, this list will eventually shrink anyways, down to the core 'truly abandoned' LPs.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

why not separate this list into two sublists: one of "games raocow has put on hold and plans to come back to" and one of "games raocow has said he will not return to"?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024