(shouting)

An SMWCentral Production: A game about some eggs

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Test Pilot Monkey

Re: An SMWCentral Production: A game about some eggs

Post by Test Pilot Monkey »

Or they chase you for not holding something.
LucarioPK

Post by LucarioPK »

Laughed WAY too hard at the end. It is very early in the morning!
Hi!
Cosmo Fishhawk

Post by Cosmo Fishhawk »

There's been a gas leak at raocow's!
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Combined with the chipmunk, creepy...
We don't even know what was so funny!

(Perhaps he lost the audio at the end, so he just took some laugh he made and looped it)
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
kilon

Post by kilon »

that ending was the worst..
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

kilon wrote:that ending was the worst..
kilon negative nancy count: 572
McGack

Post by McGack »

Raocows Laugh strikes fear into his enemies and worries his friends
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

(SPOILERS FOR THE REALLY OLD TIM BURTON BATMAN MOVIE)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFR5oZQrIVc
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I've been on a sugar high today, and ever since I've seen today's episode, I've been doing that laugh for no reason.
NY-HEH HEH HEH, NYEH HEH HEH...
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Jumping back to yesterday, at least he's not playing earlier versions. That last room with phantos originally had 5 in there and they came careening at you so fast it was a completely viable strategy to run blindly and let invincibility time save you.
Rameau's Nephew

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

raocow has clearly been fighting a different version of Lemmy than I have. Also, Phenylketonuria misspelled "booze".
Cosmo Fishhawk

Post by Cosmo Fishhawk »

Has anyone noticed these latest levels all of a sudden give out a bunch of capes? What's up with that?
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

Okay Nimbus Ascent and Pink n' Purple Path were awesome dang levels, and even though Nimbus Ascent was short it still could've used a midpoint but that's a minor complaint. Well that and the fairly pointless P-switches in both levels.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Ok what was that song playing in Nimbus Ascent? I heard it in another level and I've got to say, I really dislike the song. It's not that it didn't fit with the level but I really don't like the song itself.
Also, I'm upset whoever made the ghost house level didn't really change the cloud part whatsoever. A palette change would be nice to make it look dark or scary or something so even though the tileset isn't vanilla (I think?) it gives off the vanilla feel which I really dislike. And I don't mean just vanilla I mean like vanilla vanilla.
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

It took some digging through a few of the less pleasant pages of this thread but I found the link to the level music :

http://bin.smwcentral.net/39374/smwcpmusiclisting.txt

The music used in Nimbus Ascent was from Sonic & Knuckles - Sky Sanctuary.

I dunno, I thought it worked fine.
MrDeePay

Post by MrDeePay »

DancingMad wrote:Okay Nimbus Ascent and Pink n' Purple Path were awesome dang levels, and even though Nimbus Ascent was short it still could've used a midpoint but that's a minor complaint. Well that and the fairly pointless P-switches in both levels.
Nimbus Ascent originally had a checkpoint (and no vertical auto-scroll), but it was considered too easy to beat with the aid of one. Combine those with the fact that it allows you to skip three levels (four if you include the Switch Palace), those changes were made.

And apparently my own level is up tomorrow. Well this isn't going to be pleasant to see.
Rameau's Nephew

limepie20 wrote: Also, I'm upset whoever made the ghost house level didn't really change the cloud part whatsoever. A palette change would be nice to make it look dark or scary or something so even though the tileset isn't vanilla (I think?) it gives off the vanilla feel which I really dislike.
Really? I quite liked the whole "ghosts at dawn" effect; I think it's one of the most memorable parts of the level. Sure, they could have been made into spooooooky storm clouds or something, but that's sort of overdone (and already appears in an earlier level); I find the level as stands much more æsthetically interesting.

Also, I love the use of the Sky Sanctuary music in these levels. Absolutely adore it.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Ghosts are scary in the dark.
And if you like the whole ghosts in dawn thing it couldve been consistent if in the ghost house there were like rays of light coming from the window or something. I mean even though it can be dark in a house and light outside its an odd transition. Also, why just clouds outside? Maybe something to make it still like a ghost house except outside other than there being ghost house enemies. I don't know, to me it just seems wrong.
Burgers

Post by Burgers »

I'm liking these last several levels of SMWCP a lot more. Maybe it's just the fact that the ice/cloud world has much better contrast between enemies, platforms you can stand on and can't stand on, etc. Well, that and the levels are shorter. =p Although that ghost house could have used a midpoint.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

The cave world just sucked and everyone knows it. I'm happy we're past it.

Aside from one or two potentially irritating levels later on, it's smooth sailing until the end. It's really unfortunate that the less-than-stellar levels had to be thrown at the beginning, since they really did give a bad vibe.
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

But at least they're out of the way. We have ripped the adhesive medical strip from our arm and the healing process continues.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I lol'd at how he carried the NYEH HEH HEH HEH over to the next episode. Anyway, digging dat Sky Sanctuary music.
Rameau's Nephew

I really like the æsthetics of this level, but it seems inappropriate to precede the castle which is to follow. Or rather, the castle seems inappropriate to follow this level, as the whole nighttime cloud city business is a good mood to end a sky world on, whereas the castle itself, though not exactly out of place, doesn't feel as though it was specifically designed for this world as such. In any case it's an unfortunate paring to have these two particular stages back to back--almost any other castle in the game would have fit better after this.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of punishing the player for hitting switches. Admittedly, it's not too bad here, and balanced by a good deal more blocks which help the player, but the obstructive red !-blocks at the very end strike me as a bit excessive. I would have even gone so far as to say they make the final jump virtually impossible when big, but raocow had to go and casually disprove that in this video. Nevertheless, it can be a frustrating experience to make it through the entirety of a moderately complex and lengthy level like this only to lose at the last moment entirely due to something of a mean trick on the part of the designer, which somewhat mars an otherwise quite solid level.
kilon

Post by kilon »

The beauty of this level is that you can take different routes depending on which switches you pressed and whether you have yoshi or not.
And that's why sometimes the switches are obstructing the way probably. So that you can/have to take another route.
I really like this level. In my opinion the best level so far.
Fapnoob

Post by Fapnoob »

Agreed, fantastic level. Great example of how to make a large level but not make it too long or boring.
Midpoint was well places, alternate paths worked.
A+ from me.

Looking forward to next ep, hopefully metroid themed level judging from the name :d