(shouting)

An SMWCentral Production: A game about some eggs

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ranylyn

Re: An SMWCentral Production: A game about some eggs

Post by Ranylyn »

[quote="FirePhoenix"]I'm surprised at the amount of people saying the boss was too injokey, especially considering this is the community that made ASMT. But it's no big deal really.[/qupte]

We're in agreement there. I mean sure, most of ASMT could be enjoyed without prior knowledge, but some of the references (Such as the quotes in the resistance base) would be lost, and I wouldn't have laughed at Black Plague at all if I hadn't seen the video that inspired the choice of boss (which was incidentally perhaps raocow's greatest laughing segment ever)

Neat little backstory to Megadmin though. Being a full time uncle, I'll admit that I thought someone typoed "Megamind" badly when I first read it....
When in doubt, call it a thing. That's how raocow does it. And it works for me.
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

Punisher wrote:Now I want to see a montage of all the clips of raocow farming lives in that one level by hanging on the rope and letting bullet bills hit his feet.
Give me a list of which episodes he does it in and I'll do it :) .
fart.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

That boss was so pointless, but funny at the same time. I really liked the graphical swap of the layer 3 smash though.

Overall a decent game, but I'm glad that it's finally over.
Burgers

Post by Burgers »

Well, that was a different final boss. What happens if you get the 'equation' wrong? Instant death?

Overall, it was an alright hack. I'm still favoring ASMT, given that I played all the way through that and with the exception of some very hard levels where I ended up breaking out the savestates, enjoyed it quite a lot. Where as SMCPs graphics (imo) have a less cleaner look, and the game itself didn't really have as clever gimmicks (the cloudmobile? remember that? yikes). Collab hacks will always be somewhat of a mishmash of great and not as great, but I guess hype did have a part to play in it. I think a more fair head-to-head battle will be SMCP2 vs ASMT2 given they both will have had their initial entry out there and (hopefully) learned from the mistakes and shortcomings of the first.

I must say I'm excited to see what raocow is tackling next, because SMCP i just wasn't feeling most of it. I guess I really am a sucker for more gimmick based hacks.
Rameau's Nephew

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

Alex wrote:
Burgers wrote:Well, that was a different final boss. What happens if you get the 'equation' wrong? Instant death?
You just don't get the powerup.

[/thread]
You take (normal) damage, no? Not that it matters, since there's about four equations, so even if you don't know what 2+2 equals, you can memorize all the answers pretty quickly, resulting in a guaranteed powerup every time.

Also, I just realized a major plot hole: The opening cutscene announces that Peach's birthday is tomorrow, yet in the stages themselves, we go from day tonight and back again several times. Well, that settles it: I take back everything positive I've said about this hack and multiply all the negative comments by fifty thousand and two. Why? The above can only be true if Mario has a time machine, and if Mario has a time machine, that makes this game Mario's Time Machine. And Mario's Time Machine sucks. Ergo, this hack sucks. Looks like the YouTubians were right the whole time.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Before I go to bed (where I should have been an hour ago honestly god), someone go ahead and make the sdm2 thread for tomorrow's upload? Thanks in advance.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage