(shouting)

An SMWCentral Production: A game about some eggs

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Test Pilot Monkey

Re: An SMWCentral Production: A game about some eggs

Post by Test Pilot Monkey »

That's assuming we have (or Mario has) free will. And we know Mario doesn't have free will, he is controlled by higher powers.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

I love how Dinosaur Reef had nothing to do with dinosaurs in anyway.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Ometeotl wrote:I love how Dinosaur Reef had nothing to do with dinosaurs in anyway.
The dinosaurs got lost in the maze and drowned. After that their carcasses sank to the darkness of the bottom of the ocean. Over the years this has been covered up by sand.
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

Ometeotl wrote:I love how Dinosaur Reef had nothing to do with dinosaurs in anyway.
Maybe it's made of their fossils.
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

I got the vibe from the first screen that the place was kind of built out of dinosaur bones because it kinda sort of almost maybe looks like a dinosaur skull on its side if you use your imagination and are high enough, but then raocow kept on playing and, well, derp, that's one messed up dinosaur. Maybe it was referring to the dragon coins that you needed to get for the secret exit so the title was kind of a hint?
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

The "collect 5 coins" gimmick was actually put in after the level was named. My guess is that he simply couldn't think of a good prefix.

shrug.
Test Pilot Monkey

Are the Yoshi coins officially called "Dragon Coins"? Because, I'm sure this has been pointed out before, Yoshi is a dinosaur.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

-dragon type thing. Like bowser is a dragon-turtle thing
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
megamario

Post by megamario »

Test Pilot Monkey wrote:Are the Yoshi coins officially called "Dragon Coins"? Because, I'm sure this has been pointed out before, Yoshi is a dinosaur.
He likes to go by Super Dragon Yoshi
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

They are, in fact, called Dragon coins in the manual.
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Then again, they call levels 'courses' which sounds really dumb.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ZaCloud
The Space-Case Ace
First name: ZaCloud
Pronouns: she/her

Post by ZaCloud »

Super-hiatus-breaking powers activate!

Raodude, about your chipmunking problem, I commented on a previous video, but I won't send you on a wild goose chase so I'll just re-suggest here (since it's an event affecting the subject of the thread in terms of LP).

If this is your problem...
You make a cut, put it in double-speed, then make another cut and deactivate the double-speed, but it doesn't wanna listen.

Then you can try...
Make your first cut, then just go to the end of where you intend to chipmunk, and make another cut. Then apply double-speed to the middle piece.

If you already have been trying that though, then you could also try importing a .bmp or .jpg image and putting it inbetween the segment cuts. THEN apply the speed change to the intended video segment. Test to see if it's effective. If so, save the project. Then remove the .bmp/.jpg from the sequence and see if it stays behaved. :3
Which voice-in-my-head should I listen to today?
Caracc

Post by Caracc »

I theorize that WMM just doesn't like multiple fastforwards in one video. Programs are just weird like that (particularly free ones)

Also, Underwater semi-maze, Ew/10 on that. It's the only really practical application of a freeroaming maze, but how many people pick up their controller and go "Oh hot diggidy, Imma play me some Mario Mazes!". Cramped corridors don't bother me much underwater though, gives me a reason to break the laws of physics with a fire flower.
Pandemonium Fortress 2 is my personal best hack so far. Go on and play it.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

I'm probably one of the only people who thoroughly enjoyed playing that water level. I actually enjoyed the exploration factor, and it didn't get overly tedious. I suppose the time was a little tight though, but eh.
ZaCloud
The Space-Case Ace
First name: ZaCloud
Pronouns: she/her

Post by ZaCloud »

I also liked the underwater maze. The exit seemed reasonable enough to find, and the secret involving the llama coins made it like underwater exploration for treasure. :D

To me, underwater mazes are the equivalent of land platforming. Both requiring maneuvering and timing. This was about the equivalent of tiny-platform jumping, taking meticulousness and care. Potentially frustrating, yet rewarding to those who enjoy a challenge.

I think it's appropriate difficulty for this world, and makes better use of the water mechanics than most of the vague water levels up to this point. One of the rare ways to make a water level that's not just "there" too.
Which voice-in-my-head should I listen to today?
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Dinosaur Reef was quite enjoyable.

I wonder that noone has mentioned the ice level. As raocow stated it had BEAUTIFUL graphics. In my opinion it's definiately the best looking stage in the entire game. Whoever built it has a good sense of beauty und aesthetics!
I really didn't mind the small P-Switch puzzle. Yeah, there were some stages that really extended this feature, but think of it - there was only one small part of the level, that involved carrying a P-Switch.

I also really loved hearing the Ice Cap music! FINALLY someone realized it is one of the best ice themes.
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

Slit08 wrote:I also really loved hearing the Ice Cap music! FINALLY someone realized it is one of the best ice themes.
Finally? It gets praised on every site on the Internet.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

There was, in fact, something you were missing regarding the boss: you can jump on it several times while it is stunned.
Rameau's Nephew

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

I initially misread the video title as containing the words "pokey kong" an idea which I found frightening, yet somehow fascinating.

I quite like this boss here; the contrast with friend Deedle-Ball from the last world is quite massive. It was a bit painful though to see raocow repeatedly just barely miss discovering the steps to dealing him damage, though. The SMW gods must indeed have been frowning on him for him to repeatedly happen to be too far away for the rocks to perform their concussive duty, or, in the event that he did move close enough, to repeatedly do so right before the boss was about to teleport away, and thus a moment too late to discover the secret.

A midpoint directly before the boss may have been a good idea, though, as I really can't imagine too many players being all too eager to reprise the parrot punishment portion of the level. This is not to suggest it was a particularly badly designed section; however, I seem to recall someone around here recently propounding the thesis that Squawks "can generally go fuck himself", and I must confess that I am somewhat inclined to agree.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I really liked that level. Well, the first part at least. Pretty much half of the levels can beat split in the mid point and made into two levels so there's no need complaining about that anymore. The boss was pretty cool but it was kinda awkward how the music starts before the boss actually starts.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

That level had absolutely nothing to do with Arbiter's Grounds, and that both saddens and annoys me. It should have been called Dry Dry Ruins, since it used the music and boss from there.
Rameau's Nephew

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

Ometeotl wrote:That level had absolutely nothing to do with Arbiter's Grounds, and that both saddens and annoys me. It should have been called Dry Dry Ruins, since it used the music and boss from there.
Maybe it was a typographical error, and was actually intended to be "Arbeiters Grounds", and thus a encouragement to raocow in his endless struggle against ca-pit-al-ism. Or maybe not, as the level is filled with skeletons, and we can be pretty sure they've never worked a day in their post-lives.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

My ASMWCP vs ASMT comparison:
  • ASMT had the better parrot.
Looks like ASMT wins.
Test Pilot Monkey

Yeah, forget level design. It's all about parrot supremacy.

Parrot uber alles!
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

You can hit the boss two times when he's lying on the ground thus reducing the amount to repeat his patternto 5 times.
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!