(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: All The S@nics - Rush - Earth

Post by Leet »

this story sux
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Leet wrote: 2 years agothis story sux
I think the gameplay/story integration of "go as fast as possible holding one button while not giving a damn about what happens around you" is excellent, actually. Little too much dialogue maybe

To echo what some people have said in the YT comments: wow what a butt-clencher at the end. I hated the gimmicks in this level, the rocket platform because it's too unforgiving and the paraglider because it's too slow (sadly, DIMPS loved it...). You did really well, though, all things considered. I think you got the game language down. Which is good, Rush is very much a template for future 2D Sonics (based on my Colors DS experience, at least).
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

it can't suck they put a purple cat in this one
Peptobislawl
Is here for some reason

Post by Peptobislawl »

You know, I kinda forgot that Sonic and Blaze basically don't interact till that time where they beat each other up because Blaze doesn't know how to be friends. I kinda feel like they expected you to switch between stories so by the time you got to this point you'd know what her deal is and this moment wouldn't feel as awkward as long as you don't notice this is coming from a complete stranger who just knocked her off a cliff.
I got an avatar.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

You don't stop, you proceed, 'til you trick yourself into the pit, keed.

Like I said, it's fun enough, but the game has the usual Dimps design of pits all over the place once you hit the mid-game. I just remember Advance 3 being a mess with everything in design, so this was a fun time to actually get through when I finally got to it in 2009 or so. Pretty sure that button-mashing sequence is longer if you're playing on normal, so you made the right choice. I would say to put it on normal for the final, final boss when you get through both stories, but the rest are fine with the condensed versions.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Blaze didn't do her super special attack. I don't actually remember what it was, but I know there was one sometimes. Maybe it doesn't show up on Easy mode, i dunno!
Aqualakitu

Post by Aqualakitu »

I hope we can all at least agree the song says "Ya don't stop you proceed" and not something else. That'd be silly.

The rockets feel alright once you've gotten going, but there's always that panic moment at the start where the controls feel super unintuitive and you bonk them into a wall. Would've been better if they gave more space for them. And I absolutely remember the button mashing messing me up a lot when I was playing this back in the day.

I find this game does the "boost spectacle" better than some of the later titles using the formula.For the most part it knows that it wants you to go fast, unlike some like Forces that feel super schizophrenic about whether it wants you to boost perpetually or if it wants you to slide off a cliff. Having replayed Unleashed (Wii) recently, it may be my favorite game of that formula, but we'll get to that.
Sniggerb0bble
These arms ain't ever going down.

Post by Sniggerb0bble »

Aqualakitu wrote: 2 years ago I hope we can all at least agree the song says "Ya don't stop you proceed" and not something else. That'd be silly.
It's 'yell stop' and you know it, stop trying to turn the world against me... :(
I feel like no matter how many times I try to hear the 'right lyrics' my ears just can't grasp them.
But that's okay, I know I'm right.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

I don't know how this is to play with whatever the setup here is, but on a DS where you can smoothly slide the stylus around and have sonic follow it I do not remember it being as hard as this looks
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It's not as bad on the DS, although the seventh emerald is still a jumbled mess to get because of all the spikes littered everywhere. Pretty sure this is one of the last games where the special stages are a struggle to get them all thanks to the stuff raocow was talking about in the video last night.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

AweStriker wrote: 3 years ago It is time for some amazing beats though.
it was really, really painful to find out that the guy behind this was either a fuckwad or such a troll that he's still one just in another way
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

So, Bella Hudson's name name fell to the classic L VS R trap in the credits, which is unfortunate.

As for the LP itself, we're done with Special Stages, and Blaze has a slightly different stage order. She's slightly slower than Sonic, but her slow-descent move makes platforming easier, so in the end, she's probably the easier of the two to play as in general.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Peptobislawl
Is here for some reason

Post by Peptobislawl »

For the record, that last attack was simply an attempt to destroy the platform so you'd fall to your death. Very DIMPS for the ultimate final move to be a pit, but with nothing between you and the boss's weak point except a entirely too long timer it's basically a nonissue.
I got an avatar.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I like that the Egg King here won't let you attack it unless you dodge a round of its attacks. If you're going to do a boss like that in a Sonic game, that's the way to go about it since it rewards you for playing well. That said, the electric attack is a pain to avoid in general, and I'm pretty sure it's an even tighter fit in normal mode in a game where your horizontal momentum is pretty nuts to begin with. Yeah, not easy there. Finally, yes, that desperation attack will drop you into a pit if you don't land the final hit quickly after Eggman smashes into the platform for the third time.

Boss names: Egg Hammer Mega (Leaf Storm), Egg Turtle (Water Palace), Egg Scarab (Mirage Road), Egg Libra (Night Carnival),
Egg Hammer Fortress (Huge Crisis), Egg Eagle (Altitude Limit), [Not Egg] Blaze (Dead Line and also kidding), & Egg King (Unknown/F-Zone)

Next up: :catcrime: ?
Nast

Post by Nast »

Sniggerb0bble wrote: 2 years ago It's 'yell stop' and you know it, stop trying to turn the world against me... :(
I feel like no matter how many times I try to hear the 'right lyrics' my ears just can't grasp them.
But that's okay, I know I'm right.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

the boss is named bomber barbara. didn't you see the ost
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

The idea for Sonic Rush's 2.5D format had sprung from the minds of Sonic Team during a brainstorming session that led them to consider ways to combine elements from the 2D and 3D games in the series. Developer Akinori Nishiyama said that "for (the) Sonic DS title, we wanted to keep the elements from 2D, yet still explore some of the new elements from 3D. So we wanted to try to find a way to somehow marry both elements from 2D and 3D." At TGS 2005, he explained that, while working on Sonic Advance 3, he had a realization that the series was becoming 'more complicated', and thus had resolved to try for a "fast, dynamic action" approach to the next title in the series.

Funner Fact: Blaze's original design had a silhouette extremely similar to that of Shadow. It was also originally done in Powerpoint for some reason.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

blaze is really easy enough to justify playing on normal imo, i don't personally see a point to a bonus cleanup episode
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Leet

Re: What In The Blæzes? - Rush - Wind

Post by Leet »

Do you want to play with fire, little boy? Do you want to play with Blaze?
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Peptobislawl
Is here for some reason

Post by Peptobislawl »

Enjoyable Blaze Information (dang copywrite): Sega later confermed that the Sol Emeralds allow for travel between dimensions, so Blaze assuming she's in another world based on nothing is fairly reasonable. I guess it's because the chaos emeralds control time, so these ones control space?
Just, don't think too hard about how that effects the stories of games going forward.
I got an avatar.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Blaze's real name is Hortense Flufferwhiskers, but she doesn't like to talk about it
Leet

Post by Leet »

What is even the point of making a story about another dimension when the story has 0 details so it's just "one exists", really feels like plugging in the tropes as Literal Understood Things (see also all of Tails dialogue here) (eggman nega...

is not what he seems

)
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Blaze is cool. I like her.

I will never accept the retcon to her backstory. Not now, not ever. Fortunately she's fictional so none of it is true anyway

freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Mata Hari wrote: 2 years ago

I will never accept the retcon to her backstory. Not now, not ever. Fortunately she's fictional so none of it is true anyway

You especially don't have to since they retconned the retcon anyway.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

One of the nice things about the Blaze run is that you'll acquire the Emeralds just through beating zones as opposed to having to find special stages. That means this is just a faster second playthrough altogether. Good idea there by Dimps on that. Honestly, the reason why Blaze is fun to play as is she hits that right balance without being overly broken (Cream & Cheese) or odd to control (Amy) in the 2D games. She's basically just Sonic with more vertical air but less horizontal on tricks and that mid-air hover deal.